Word 2007 type Features

Still finding my way around the type features in word 2007.  I would like to:

- generate type that has one color on its face and a different color on the
sides
- generate type that has one color on its face and cast a shadow of another
color
- find what happened to the 'emboss' feature in formating text

Much appreciation for guidance

Hi Maurice,

In general, the keyboard shortcuts from previous versions of Word also work
in Word 2007. One of those shortcuts is Ctrl+D, which opens the Font dialog
box. In the Font dialog box, you will find options for creating at least some
of the effects that you want. For example, you can select a color for your
font and add a gray shadow, or you can select Emboss. However, I don't know
how to create text with one color on its face and a different color on the
sides.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"Maurice" wrote:

> Still finding my way around the type features in word 2007.  I would like to:
>
> - generate type that has one color on its face and a different color on the
> sides
> - generate type that has one color on its face and cast a shadow of another
> color
> - find what happened to the 'emboss' feature in formating text
>
> Much appreciation for guidance
 Much thanks for the timely reply.  I forgot the remainder of my questions.

- I have scanned an image of my signature and imported to outlook.  The
signature is seen but I must resize the dimensions  each time.  Is there a
way to 'lock' the signature image?

- I have a logo as well and would like complete letterhead email to appear
on demand.  I believe that this should be done in conjunction with the '
signatures' option through mail format.  Not sure if making 'word' the editor
is required in word 2007 as I cannot find it.  Continued guidance sought and
appreciated.

"Pesach Shelnitz" wrote:

> Hi Maurice,
>
> In general, the keyboard shortcuts from previous versions of Word also work
> in Word 2007. One of those shortcuts is Ctrl+D, which opens the Font dialog
> box. In the Font dialog box, you will find options for creating at least some
> of the effects that you want. For example, you can select a color for your
> font and add a gray shadow, or you can select Emboss. However, I don't know
> how to create text with one color on its face and a different color on the
> sides.
>
> --
> Hope this helps,
> Pesach Shelnitz
> My Web site: http://makeofficework.com
>

> "Maurice" wrote:
>
> > Still finding my way around the type features in word 2007.  I would like to:
> >
> > - generate type that has one color on its face and a different color on the
> > sides
> > - generate type that has one color on its face and cast a shadow of another
> > color
> > - find what happened to the 'emboss' feature in formating text
> >
> > Much appreciation for guidance
Word is not the editor for Outlook 2007. Outlook has its own look-alike
editor.
The simplest way to add your logo to an Outlook message is to create a
formatted autocorrect entry in the editor to insert it.
As for your signature graphic if you insert it into the email editor then
copy and create a signature from the Insert > Signature dialog, the
resulting signature will be inserted at the size you saved it.
Please ask your future Outlook questions in an Outlook forum.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Much thanks for the timely reply.  I forgot the remainder of my questions.
>
> - I have scanned an image of my signature and imported to outlook.  The
> signature is seen but I must resize the dimensions  each time.  Is there a
> way to 'lock' the signature image?
>
> - I have a logo as well and would like complete letterhead email to appear
> on demand.  I believe that this should be done in conjunction with the '
> signatures' option through mail format.  Not sure if making 'word' the
> editor
> is required in word 2007 as I cannot find it.  Continued guidance sought
> and
> appreciated.
>
> "Pesach Shelnitz" wrote:
>
>> Hi Maurice,
>>
>> In general, the keyboard shortcuts from previous versions of Word also
>> work
>> in Word 2007. One of those shortcuts is Ctrl+D, which opens the Font
>> dialog
>> box. In the Font dialog box, you will find options for creating at least
>> some
>> of the effects that you want. For example, you can select a color for
>> your
>> font and add a gray shadow, or you can select Emboss. However, I don't
>> know
>> how to create text with one color on its face and a different color on
>> the
>> sides.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps,
>> Pesach Shelnitz
>> My Web site: http://makeofficework.com
>>

>> "Maurice" wrote:
>>
>> > Still finding my way around the type features in word 2007.  I would
>> > like to:
>> >
>> > - generate type that has one color on its face and a different color on
>> > the
>> > sides
>> > - generate type that has one color on its face and cast a shadow of
>> > another
>> > color
>> > - find what happened to the 'emboss' feature in formating text
>> >
>> > Much appreciation for guidance

0
Graham

where is that save data feature for backup?
Hi All, On sql 2005, where is that console that allows me to save my data to a directory for easy backup? If I remember correctly, I can set this on a schedule too? I was shown this a few years back, and for my life I can not remember where it was. :'[ Many thanks, -T ToddAndMargo (ToddAndMargo@invalid.com) writes: > On sql 2005, where is that console that allows me to save my data > to a directory for easy backup? If I remember correctly, I can set this > on a schedule too? I was shown this a few years back, and for > my life I can not remember where it ...

Printing WORD docs from a form

Formatting Lost in Excel 2007
Good afternoon, I've spent a lot of time googling but all I really came up with is that it may be due to links (which I have deleted) so hopefully someone out there will have an answer. We have a very large workbook that has been used since before 2005 that we have never had a problem with. Two months ago, we started using Excel 2007 but had no issues. In about mid-April when opening the file, all of the formatting is gone! So we assumed someone saved it as the wrong file so we copied an older version of the file and reformatted the entire thing. Saved it and reopened and no f...

hiding cells with a certian type of formatting
How do I get excel to hide cells that has not been formatted in a row or colum that I applied a format condition to.? just for clarification...do you want the entire cell row or column to b hidden, or do you want the text color of the contents of just that cel to be changed to WHITE or whatever color would hide it given its fil color -- Excel_Gee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Excel_Geek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2642 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39828 ...

Money 2007 Premium Application Error
Hi, I started getting an application error while in Money and now can't get into it at all. I get error message unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at 0x7813e792. I've uninstalled the application then reinstalled it using the CD an I get the error message. It occurs after entering my passowrd when the Home page is displayed. Any thoughts? -- John ...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Encoded Word Documents

Where are my saved word?

Outlook 2007 Export w/ Date
We have a need to print a list of e-mails from Outlook 2007, so we can make comments on each of them. The export seemed to be a perfect fit for this, because we could bring it into Excel, and type our notes. However the export does not include the date field. That's crazy. That's one of the main pieces. Is there any way at all to export this data and include the dates? Thanks, Jesse http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/copy_data.htm - if you need the message body, add the message field to the view and copy and paste. Note that it works best if don't need the body - or at...

DPM 2007 Rollup KB 979970 is now available
Folks: The latest DPM 2007 Rollup KB 979970 is now available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=775e1a23-825f-450a-9d71-6b8c951ea748. The KB page is available http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979970 -- Thanks Praveen T [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

MS Pub 2007
I'm using MS Pub 2007 and have a question about HTML fragments. I am attempting to insert the javascript from aWeber where a person can subscribe to my newsletter off my website (created with Pub). How can I set up a "submit" button in my publication with the script? Thanks for your help. Gary Inserted HTML code fragments will not work in an email message from Publisher. Sorry. DavidF "geedc" <geedc1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:aff5f787-ccfe-423e-b392-66227f87c16d@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > I'm using MS Pub 2007 and have a question about HT...

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

my e-mail dose not work in office 2007
i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on it nothing happens do i have to activate it "glo" <glo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3ED581-F3ED-4C6A-9048-893EC1F57761@microsoft.com... >i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on >it > nothing happens do i have to activate it And your email client is? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) See if your mail p...

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Outlook 2007 problems 03-08-10
Hello guys, When I run Outlook, the first thing I see is Outlook Today, which is good. But I cannot see my calendar entries on it. I have my work schedule, birthdays, public holidays all in separate calendars in outlook, but none of them show up on outlook today at all, I've search the net but cannot seem to find the answer help please... Are they all in subfolders of the default calendar or do you have anything IN the default calendar folder? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/out...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

limiting number of words in textbox in Word 2007
I created a Textbox in MS-Word 2007 by going to the Developer option->then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are True and the rest are default values. Is there a way I can limit the number of words to a certain number? I realize there is a way to limit the number of characters in the Textbox by the Maxlength value. Also, is it possible that a message appears when the user exceeds the maximum length informing him about that. Do I need to use VBA code or do the inbuilt features of word allow me to do that? The short ...