Word 2003 password removal for a document

We have few documents that are password protected and the employee that put
in the password is no longer with us.  how can we delete the password
protection and thus get spell check working as well as edit the template for
new changes?
--
Tom Dalton
Senior Biomedical Engineer

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:31:01 -0800, Tom Dalton
<tadalton54@hotmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote:

>We have few documents that are password protected and the employee that put
>in the password is no longer with us.  how can we delete the password
>protection and thus get spell check working as well as edit the template for
>new changes?

There are several kinds of password protection in Word, and whether
you can remove it depends on which kind was used.

If the document (template?) is protected for forms,
http://www.gmayor.com/Remove_Password.htm describes a couple of ways
of removing the password. If you're able to open the document, then
this is probably going to work.

If the document requires a password in order to open it, then it's
very unlikely you'll be able to do anything about it; it will be
easier and less expensive to retype and/or create a new template.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

multi-page document published on web as one document
how do i publish my multi-page publisher doc on my website w/o needing to convert each page to web format??? (for example, my monthly newsletter.) thanks in advance! ron ps: i'm using ms pub 2003 and fp 2003. revron wrote: > how do i publish my multi-page publisher doc on my > website w/o needing to convert each page to web format??? > (for example, my monthly newsletter.) > > thanks in advance! > > ron > > ps: i'm using ms pub 2003 and fp 2003. ======================================= Maybe converting to a .pdf would be an alternative? -- John In...

Event 1000 when starting Outlook 2003
I have just started getting event 1000 errors when I try to start Outlook 2003. This happening every time. I have searched the MS knowledge base and found nothing to help. Anyone any ideas please. Thanks, Steve 1000 is a generic error, what is the name associated with the error event? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Steve Paddock asked: | I have just started getting eve...

How do I insert Lorem Ipsum into a word doc?
I need to insert a placeholder in a word doc and want to insert lorem ipsum.How do I do this? You can use the rand function to insert dummy text. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/DummyText.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Lucinda F" <LucindaF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3456F0AF-E33A-4F2B-9C04-BF7055643798@microsoft.com... >I need to insert a placeholder in a word doc and want to insert lorem > ipsum.How do I do this? And in Word 2007, there's an =lorem() function as well. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill ...

MS Product Offerings For WORD and EXCEL Questions ?
Hello, I read, several times, the MS Office Suite Products page, as well as Anazon's offerings trying to understand these MS product offerings and their permutations, and am confused, as there seem to be several contradictions. If anyone is really sharp on the offerings, and what's available, would be very appreciative of some help. a. Is WORD 2007 available as a stand alone product, or do you have to get it with a "Office Suite" ? If available alone, does the product allow installation on more than 1 PC ? How many ? b. Same question for EXC...

Linking Word documents
I am trying to keep repetitive information that is required in several different places consistent throughout a lengthy Word 2007 document. I locate the information in an independent document. I get the information into the target document in two ways: 1) I use the insert ribbon, Object tab and then select Create from File; or 2) I use a copy command then select Paste Special and choose Paste As Link and select Microsoft Office Word Document Object. In both cases, words simply wants to copy a single page even though I may have selected to insert a multiple page document or h...

outlook 2003
Greetings, I'm having an issue and was wondering if anyone can help. Background: I had MS Office 2003 Professional installed on my computer. I then installed MS Office 2007 Enterprise edition. at first, everything worked.. by that, all components: word, excel, outlook, powerpoint, etc.. Then i used a registry cleaner to try and speed up the system.. didn't work out too well and basically had to re-install MS Office 2007 enterprise edition. except for outlook 2007. outlook 2003 is still installed and operates just fine. BUT... Issue: now when I try to instal...

I can't open Outlook 2003
I used detect and repair. Didnt' work. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Here is the error before Outlook closes OUTLOOK UNABLE TO OPEN DEFAULT EMAIL FOLDERS THE SERVER ISN'T AVAILABLE. Use the Mail applet in the control panel to create a new mail profile. Do not copy the existing one, create new and then delete the old one. "Miklos" <Miklos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C59530D5-159E-4ADA-9739-85C3F2D9683F@microsoft.com... >I used detect and repair. Didnt' work. I uninstalled and reinstalled. > > Here is the error before...

remove document protection
We have a exel sheet with document protection, the person who maked it, is no longer avalible. How to remove the projection or move the data to another sheet. -- Yours sincerely Thomas Arthur Nielsen Check here..... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/password.htm hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "McArt" wrote: > We have a exel sheet with document protection, the person who maked it, is no > longer avalible. How to remove the projection or move the data to another > sheet. > -- > Yours sincerely > Thomas Arthur Nielsen > ...

Quicksell 2000 conversion documentation
We recently upgraded from Quicksell 2000 to Microsoft RMS, and I'm curious about a few things I noticed during the process. First, the database could not be imported without error until I converted it from Access 97 to Access 2000 format, but I was lucky enough to guess this. After conversion, we noticed that transactions we had on hold in Quicksell did not make it over to RMS. Is there any official documentation on this conversion process? I'm concerned that there may be other things I haven't noticed. ...

SBS 2003 Default Exchange Account in Outlook taking over
I have a small business running Small Business Server 2003 and 5 workstations using WIN-XP. The webhosting provider we use handles the email accounts. To connect to the email server, I added a second account in outlook and selected it as the "Default" account. This worked great until the workstation was logged off or rebooted; when they workstation comes back up, the "Default (Built- in) Exchange Account" is reset as the default account. We do use outlook for calendaring and scheduling so I am afraid to just delete the "Default (Built-in) Exchange Account....

Cannot Open Office Documents from the Desktop
Hi, Can someone tell me why I cannot open office documents from my desktop? The system has recently been formated and a new install of Windows XP and Office XP have been installed. All security patches for both products have been installed/updated. When I double click a doc from the desktop, nothing opens. If I launch the program like Word or Excel, I can open the doc with no problem. What wouldbe causing this problem? I have tried resetting and switching probably all settings in Windows and Office with no fix. Try this Gregg Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other ...

How do I insert a checkbox in Word?
I am trying to create a checklist from scratch, and I can't figure out how to insert a textbox next to each item. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Green Machine" <Green Machine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:945AB30F-815E-4067-AACD-46A1ABF11769@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a checklist from scratch, and I can't figure out how >to > insert a te...

Can't connect to datasource or create address list in Pub 2003
Every time I try to connect to a datasource or create an address list in Publisher 2003 I receive the error "the operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures". I have tried the suggested detect and repair and all that succeeded in doing was forcing me to recreate all of my Outlook accounts and rules; Word default settings, etc. I do not nor have I ever had any problems doing mail merges in Word, just in Publisher. From reading through this and various other forums it appears this has been happening for some time with no answer from Microsoft on...

Delivery restictions on 2003
Hi, Its time for that popular question again, how to stop certain people sending outbound external mail. Currently I have a Exchange 2003 SP1 sevrer running in a 2003 native domain. I have applied the registry tweak and rebooted the services as stated in article Q277872 and have 2 distribution lists - one for allowing outbound mail and one for denying outbound mail. On the delivery restriction tab in the mail connection for the server, I have set the default for rejecting mail, and set the 2 distributions for allowing and rejecting. However I am still able to send mail from th...

Upgrading to Outlook 2003 #4
Do I need to uninstall Outlook 2000 before I install 2003? The software said I did, but won't it just upgrade automatically? How do I uninstall 2000? I did not see it listed in Programs under Add/Remove, nor did I see it under Windows Add/Remove. You can uninstall Outlook by running the Microsoft Office 2000 Maintenance mode. In the Control Panel start the Add/Remove Programs and locate Microsoft Office 2000 and select Change. You will be prompted to Add or Remove features. When you see the list of features right click on Outlook and select the X which should make the feature Not Ava...

Unable to save file directly to network from word 2007
For somereason I am not able to save word files onto the network directly. It gives me "There has been a network or file permission error. The network connection may be lost". I tried the steps in this KB: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/291156?p=1 Method 2 and 3 dont fix it. I can save it localy and then copy it to the network, but that is a pain. I tried different hotfixes, but they dont help. This is the only computer with the problem. Thanks Did you try the hotfix in the article "Word cannot complete the save due to a file permiss...

Installing an Exchange 2003 Server
I just got finished installed Exchange 2003 on a new server. This is not a migration. The company has never ran Exchange before. Now that I have exchange installed, I'm rather fuzzy on what happens next. I have a domain registered with Network Solutions, however I'm having a hard time understanding what else needs to happen. I have a DSL line committed to the Exchange server. The DSL line is supplying a static IP address. I know that I have to establish an MX record on the internet however I also know that I'm missing many other steps. Any information on what I need to do wo...

forgotten password
I had to reload Money now it is asking me for a password to use my backup file ??? Any help recovering this password and data? ...

Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2002
I had installed Outlook 2003 but wanted to go back to Outlook 2002 due to problems with my Spam Blocker. I installed 2002 but could not send e-mail and set up new calendar appts. Error received was "not enabled." Rest of Office apps are 2002. How can I "enable" 2002 Outlook? ...

Series Formatting changes when I save and reopen a document
I have created a pivot chart and table from a spreadsheet that contains formulas that derive values of other cells. I have added formatting for the data series and saved the document, when I reopen, the formatting is incorrect. It retains the colors I've used but loses the association with the series and the series order. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Have you tried using, Format, then Conditional? "LaVerne" wrote: > I have created a pivot chart and table from a spreadsheet that contains > formulas that derive values of other cells. I have added formatt...

import contact list from Word X
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I installed Office 2008 for Mac and it did not copy my address book from Word X. What can I do? <br><br>Marilyn Assuming you do mean the Office Address Book (as opposed to Apple's Address Book), it isn't a Word feature. It's an Office component which is managed by Entourage & shared with the other programs. In Entourage go to File> Import & follow the dialog to import from a previous version. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/12/10 4:15 PM, in article 5...

Outlook 2003 distribution groups
I'm having problems with Outlook 2003 distribution groups. Here it is: My internal domain name is xxxxxxx.loc running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003, which is not a registered domain name. My external domain name is xxxxxx.com which is registered. The Exchange server has a distribution group setup called everybody. On my clients I have Outlook 2003 installed. It is set to open the Exchange mailbox, and also has a pop3 account setup to retrieve my external email. The default account is the pop3 account. I can send and receive internal and external mail fine unless I use the dist...

Public folders and Exchange 2003 infrastructure
Hi all, Ok, I need some advices about Exchange 2003 infrastructure and public folders. We have right now a kind of database store in a public folder. Every time a user try a deep search in this public folder, all access to email for other users become slow. > I have tought that I could add a 2nd exchange server to store the public folder, so the process of looking for an item will not interfere with the other users > is it a good idea ? What could be the best solution in my case ? > Also, if the public folder is store on server B and email folders on serverA, could users from ServerA ...

Contacts not apearing in Outlook 2003
I'm moving files (from a desktop (Windows XP Pro) to a new laptop with Windows 7. Outlook 2003 is installed on both. After copying and pasting the Outlook .pst file (from desktop to laptop via a USB memory stick), all of the mail and mail folders appear with no problems. When I select new mail message and to:, the contacts do not appear. What am I missing here? Is there something else that I need to do? Thanks...Dan You need to make a new profile and add the old pst to it before opening the profile. http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/2007_profile.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - O...

Outlook 2007 password storing error
I'm sporadically and frequently getting a popup asking to enter my pop-server password even though its saved. It happens to random email accounts. First: System and background: Win7, Outlook 2007 Enterprise, POP server (owned domain at hosting service). Win7 was a clean installation and had no issues until a couple days ago. I've read just about everything I can find and here is what I've done, none of it having worked: -Deleted every mailbox account and rebuilt them -Deleted the PROTECT folder -Removed all anti-virus software -Did a System restore to ...