word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

My niece is handicapped and her new computer has Office 2007 on it.  She
would like me to install word 2002 on her Inspiron 546.  Is this possible?

Yes, if it is licensed for another computer. If it is an OEM version, it
cannot be installed on any but the system with which it was sold.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Sharon F" <SharonF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My niece is handicapped and her new computer has Office 2007 on it.  She
> would like me to install word 2002 on her Inspiron 546.  Is this possible?

0
Suzanne

Word 2007: How to Compare current document?
Scenario: a Word document attached to an e-mail message is opened. The user then wants to compare the document against another version of it in the My Documents folder. In Word 2003, this is how it works: when a document is open, the Tools -- 'Compare and Merge Documents' command opens a dialog box to select a (revised) document to compare against the open (original) document. Only the revised document needs to be selected; Word assumes that the original document is the open document. However, in Word 2007, even with a document open, the Review -- Compare command ...

Importing ECCO v4.01 files to Outlook 2002 contacts.
I selected in Outlook 2002: IMPORT & EXPORT, IMPORT FROM ANOTHER PROGRAM OR FILE, ECCO 2.0-4.0, FILE TO IMPORT. And received below error message; ======================= A File error has occured in the ECCO 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 translator while getting the contents of a file system. Time out! The ECCO Application could not find the file. Try opening "C:\Program Files\ECCCO\RELATIVES & FRIENDS.eco" and leave ECCO running before attempting this translation. ======================== Next logical step was to check the MS Knowledgebase; Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 278077...

Outlook 2002 Backup Help Please
I'm planning to reformat my hard drive this weekend, and want to know the best way to backup my Outlook 2002 data. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks You could use Outlook 2000/2002 Add-in : Personal Folder Backup privided by Microsoft : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=8B081F3A-B7D0-4B16-B8AF-5A6322F4FD01&displaylang=en Also, you can find some tutorial here : http://www.sitedeveloper.ws/tutorials/outlook.htm Regards, Cristian "David White" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eY4btDfCFHA.956@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I&#...

OL 2002
Have multiple outlook today folders with identical data sub folders and contents all Identical. How can I clean up this situation?? All help appreciated. DW keeferone, you wrote on Fri, 10 Mar 2006 04:26:26 GMT: > Have multiple outlook today folders with identical data > sub folders and contents all Identical. > > How can I clean up this situation?? http://groups.google.de/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/msg/2dc654512866f47a?hl=de& -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Works fine many thanks for very efficient fix. D "Christian Goeller" <nomail@new...

scroll current line to top of window
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Does anyone know a way (using a built-in shortcut, VBA, or Applescript) to scroll the current line to the top of the window in Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac? No. The command you want is "ScrollIntoView", but I seem to remember it's broken in Word 2004 VBA. At least, I could never get it to work... You could, of course, write your own; but it's a very complex piece of code because you have to deal with the fact that the window can be any size and in any position. Sorry... On 1/03/1...

Hidden desktop icons for saved word docs
Saving word docs to desktop results in hidden icons in Word 2007. How to get word doc icons to show? Whenever you work in a Word document, hidden temporary files are created in the working folder. The desktop is simply a folder. You can choose to display (or not) hidden files from the file explorer of your operating system. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<>...

Outlook 2002 Voting button tracking info pblm.
Scenario - Client sent message using voting buttons. Then went to track the responses, but found it was tracking a previous message using voting buttons. Has anyone experienced this porblem, & if so what was the cause\resolution?? Tankx, Virgin Poster. ...

Creating a word document
I have a text file that has tab delimited rows of fields. I would like to input the file into a C++ program and write out a word document with some of the fields bolded. I have develop a program to read input text file and now would like to write out the Word formatted .doc file. Is there a control that I can use to get the Word formatted output? Is there a better way to go about this? I feel like I am reinventing the wheel. I basically need a "xls" to "doc" converter program that allows me to format the various fields the way I want. Thanks, Michael Fox Have you...

Hiding Access Window
HI Iam trying to display a form on its own without the access window being visible, from previous posts I have got the following code, Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Me.Visible = True DoEvents fSetAccessWindow SW_HIDE End Sub Function fSetAccessWindow(SW_HIDE) 'Usage Examples 'Maximize window: ' ?fSetAccessWindow(SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED) 'Minimize window: ' ?fSetAccessWindow(SW_SHOWMINIMIZED) 'Hide window: ' ?fSetAccessWindow(SW_HIDE) 'Normal window: ' ?fSetAccessWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL) ' Dim loX As Long Dim loForm As Form ...

Print a Windows 7 Word document using Windows XP
I created a Word document on my home computer where I have Windows 7. When trying to open the document on my work computer (has Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2003) I receive an error stating, "Word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc." I need to open the document at work. What steps do I need to take to accomplish this? -- Strong-minded On Feb 2, 6:05=A0pm, strongminded <strongmin...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created a Word document on my home computer where I have Windows 7. Whe= n > trying to open the document on my work computer...

Why window explorer cannot ....
Lately, I found that I cannot move window explorer off screen or partially off screen. If any portion of it is moved off the screen, it will bounce back. Any settings or any malware involved ? Thanks very much for your kind advice. dingdongdingding wrote: > Lately, I found that I cannot move window explorer off screen or > partially off screen. If any portion of it is moved off the screen, > it will bounce back. > > Any settings or any malware involved ? > > Thanks very much for your kind advice. Why not just minimize it? "dingdongdingdi...

Word 2007 not responding to "save as"
Recently the "save as" function within word has stopped responding. It does not give me the option to change location of saved document or the name. I have tried to uninstall the programme, but partially through it reports an error with drive D, even though drive D is not in use/ identified. Any suggestions? -- Pompies ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pompies's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/179718.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1297801.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

how to add excel sheet in word document as an appendix

Is excel upgrade 2002 compatable with works suite 2002?
Will the Excel upgrade version 2002 work with Works Suite 2002? Hi Excel can't open MS Works files. Though you can save within MS Works your spreadsheet files as *.xls files. These can be opened by Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "appollo" <appollo@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:AFEC1E4D-A7FF-41E8-802C-99E8532BC15A@microsoft.com... > Will the Excel upgrade version 2002 work with Works Suite 2002? ...

Word 2007 spacing problems
Billingsley, K.L. "Affirmative Action Is Racist." Current Controversies: Racism. Ed. Jennifer A. Hurley. San Diego: Greenhaven Press,1998. Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center. Gale. Virginia Tech. 8 Apr. 2010 <http://find.galegroup.com/ovrc/infomark.do?&contentSet=GSRC&type=retrieve&tabID=T010&prodId=OVRC&docId=EJ3010060213&source=gale&srcprod=OVRC&userGroupName=viva_vpi&version=1.0>. When I type this into word, it starts a new line after the "Apr" so I'm left with a huge block of white space up until the next line. I...

how do I add a template in an existing word document
I guess I'm a bit technologically challenged. I am trying to create recipe cards (as a Christmas gift to my future daughter in law)and since there are only two to a page I want to use the template to appear on multiple pages. I know how to create new pages but I don't know how to get the template to appear on those pages. HELP! If you're using a "template" (label definition) from the Envelopes and Labels dialog, they're set up as tables, so you just tab out of the last cell to create a new one, which will create a new page. If you're using a templ...

Outlook XP
When I reply or start a new message, it doesn't appear on my screen, even though it shows in the task bar. F11 doesn't help - there doesn't seem to be any way to show the window. What SP level is Office/Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Cynthia asked: | When I reply or start a new message, it doesn't appear on | my screen, ev...

MS Windows XP/Excel 2002
I am looking into purchasing Excel 2002, however I am=20 unsure as to whether this is compatible with Windows XP=20 Home Edition. At Present my home computer runs Windows XP=20 Home Edition and Microsoft Works, however I would like to=20 install Excel. Does anyone know whether it is compatible?=20 I guess it is, although as it costs over =A3100.00 I am a=20 little hesitant. Many thanks, Scott Hi Scott, Excel 2002 is part of Office XP and is totally compatible with Windows XP. Bernard "scott" <wossgowinon@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:075001c3550c$de7b31d0$a601280a@ph...

Windows XP and Winzip Files Question
This may be the wrong group to ask this and if so I apologize. I am running Winzip under XP and every time I DL a .zip file it opens in Winzip instead of just letting me save it. How and where do I find setting or whatever to let me just save the .zip files?? TIA On 2/25/2010 7:28 AM On a whim, kraut pounded out on the keyboard > > This may be the wrong group to ask this and if so I apologize. > > I am running Winzip under XP and every time I DL a .zip file it opens > in Winzip instead of just letting me save it. How and where do I find > setting o...

Custom Diresctory in Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel A recent convert to Macs and Mac Office 2008, all was well after installation but now the spelling checker refuses to accept any new/additions to the directory during a spell check, telling me that the custom directory is not available or that it contains unrecognized characters or that it is full (all standard drop down menus). Any Ideas? <hushfamily@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > A recent convert to Macs and Mac Office ...

Excel macros #7
I want to copy an entire macro module from a workbook to a new workbook and save it into my PERSONAL WORKBOOK so I can run the macro anytime I need to but when I use the Project Explorer function to copy it over, I do not get prompted on which workbook I can save it into (like when you record a new macro). Or perhaps this question can be simplified as Can I save a macro from a "this workbook" to a "personal workbook". I hope this makes sense I realize the time I have spent on this, I probably could have simply rerecorded the original macro and given it a new name and...

Outlook 2003 and Office 2000 compatibility
We recently upgraded to Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2003 came with it. We have stayed with Office 2000, though. Now we can no longer use Word to edit email messages and when we are in Word we can't right click the document to send as an email. Does anyone know why this is or a work around? Thanks No workaround available -- you will have to upgrade to Word 2003, since versions have to match to use Word with Outlook. "Jeanie Achterberg" <jachterberg@associatedmachine.com> wrote in message news:0a6f01c3c574$41afbbe0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > We recently upgraded ...

Word 2007 Sources backed up but can't restore
My wife has written many papers utilizing Word 2007 on her Vista 32bit laptop. I recently did an upgrade to Windows 7 64bit. My question is how do I import her references from the backup I made before the upgrade? With what software did you create the backup? Usually the software has a Restore function as well. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Cabo da Roca" <Cabo da Roca@discussions.microsoft.co...

CDialog::Create() changes foreground window
Hi In my dialog based application I must create a modeless, invisible window: class CDummyDlg : public CDialog { // (...) }; BOOL CApp::InitInstance() { // (...) InitCommonControls(); this->TBase::InitInstance(); CDummyDlg * m_dummy_dlg; this->m_dummy_dlg = new CDummyDlg(); this->m_dummy_dlg->Create(IDD); this->m_pMainWnd = this->m_dummy_dlg; // (...) } Unfortunately the CDialog::Create() method somehow changes the foreground window from, for example: Total Commander or MS Visual Studio, or any other program, starting...

Outlook 2002
I've been running Outlook 2002 on WinXP for over a year and customizing Outlook Today regularly all along with no problem. However, the last time I tried to change the folders in the message listing, after saving changes, I had multiple copies of the Outlook Today Folder listed and had lost all the individual folders I wanted. In addition, I no longer had the new messages indicator to the right of the folders. I reinstated the program defaults by doing a detect and repair on the help menu and now have the standard Outlook Today page with default message folders listed (including new mes...