word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

My niece is handicapped and her new computer has Office 2007 on it.  She
would like me to install word 2002 on her Inspiron 546.  Is this possible?

Yes, if it is licensed for another computer. If it is an OEM version, it
cannot be installed on any but the system with which it was sold.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Sharon F" <SharonF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My niece is handicapped and her new computer has Office 2007 on it.  She
> would like me to install word 2002 on her Inspiron 546.  Is this possible?

0
Suzanne

Printing WORD docs from a form

SharePoint 2010 and compatibility questions
I have read several sites which indicated that SharePoint 2010 needs to run in a 64 bit hardware/software environment. One of those sources is http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262485(office.14).aspx?ppud=4 so I presume that is the current state of affairs. Will SharePoint 2010 integrate with Office 2007, or does it require Office 2010? Will SP 2010 integrate with a 32 bit version of Office, or does it require Office to be 64 bit? Where could I read more about these requirements? The above URL talks about the hardware and software requirements of SP 2010, but I didn&...

Remote Desktop 7
Will it be released to Windows 2003? Does exist even for XP. Thanks. Hello Tyler, Never heard about a version for Windows server 2003 from RDC 6.1.7600. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm > Will it be released to Windows 2003? Does exist even for XP. > > Thanks. > ...

Exchange 5.5 eseutil on Windows 2003
Am trying to mount a snapshot of a Exchange 5.5 mount onto a Windows 2003 Server to run the eseutil check. Will the Exchange 5.5 eseutil run on Windows 2003 even though Exchange 5.5 is not supported? ...

At Windows Logon a message...
Stating that the user has one unread e-mail occurs. I recently deleted one user from the system and deleted one account of mine to add another. At the time I deleted them I didn't think any were unread. How do I get rid of this message. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/winxp_unread.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Muddle asked: | Stating that the user has one unread e-mail occurs. | I recentl...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Outlook 2002 moving recipient from "to" to "Cc" field when sending.
I can't find anything on technet! Here's the deal though and this happens on all PC's running Office XP here. When I type in "CO", the alias for one of our users, the email will then resolve to "Christine Outler" which is underlined with a broken line. No big deal, it resolved right? Nope! When I send the message, instead of sending to that recipient, it copies them instead. Checking the email in the "sent items" folder shows no "to" field because it was only copied to them. What does this broken underline mean? and how can I fix it? ...

Encoded Word Documents

Personal Adress Book- 2002
Hi, For some reason my instlation Outlook 2002\XP seems to be looking at the personal address book when i click on the address book (from the toolbar, an e-mail....) how do i get it to look at my contacts? harryguy082589@gmail.com <harryguy082589@gmail.com> wrote: > For some reason my instlation Outlook 2002\XP seems to be looking at > the personal address book when i click on the address book (from the > toolbar, an e-mail....) how do i get it to look at my contacts? First make sure you have the Outlook Address Book service installed in your mail profile. Then right-clic...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Where are my saved word?

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Version Compatibility #2
Just curious if anyone knows why Publisher 2003 is the only Office module that cannot be opened by earlier Office versions? Seems as though Office 2000 users can open Word, Excel, and Power Point 2003 files, but they cannot open Publisher 2003 files. My guess is based on Word, Excel and Power Point 2003 are saving their files in the same format as their counterparts in 2000. Publisher 2003 formats it's files differently than Publisher 2000. -- Don Vancouver USA "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eoQg4gmfGHA.2208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Just...

Hello,a question about handle and windows memory
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C36CB0.61900C20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1258" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello,I meet a question in the programe, In the programe,I use many loadimage() function,and put the image to some handle, when the image is more,windows give me a error that the memory error,but i have more than 300 M memory left(my machine have 512 M memory),how this happend? and how to do ? ------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C36CB0.61900C20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="windows-1258" Content-Transfer-E...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

Outlook 2002 error
"The properties dialbox could not be displayed. An Invalid ENTRYID was passed in" The aforementioned error comes up when I try to access my address book to get information about someone that is listed. Any suggestion that you may care to offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks martell ...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

limiting number of words in textbox in Word 2007
I created a Textbox in MS-Word 2007 by going to the Developer option->then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are True and the rest are default values. Is there a way I can limit the number of words to a certain number? I realize there is a way to limit the number of characters in the Textbox by the Maxlength value. Also, is it possible that a message appears when the user exceeds the maximum length informing him about that. Do I need to use VBA code or do the inbuilt features of word allow me to do that? The short ...