Why is my Equation button not available

I can't figure out why I can't the Equation button is not working in the
Insert Ribbon on Word 2007, its greyed out and I can't click on it.

And I know I can insert an object and selection Equation Editor 3.0 but
that's not an answer to my question as to why this isn't working the way it
should from the Insert ribbon so no need to make tha suggestion.

The new type of equation is not available in Compatibility Mode. If you
create a Word 2007 .docx file (or convert a .doc file into a .docx file),
you will be able to use the Equation too in the Insert tab.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible

"bflogeo" <bflogeo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't figure out why I can't the Equation button is not working in the
> Insert Ribbon on Word 2007, its greyed out and I can't click on it.
>
> And I know I can insert an object and selection Equation Editor 3.0 but
> that's not an answer to my question as to why this isn't working the way
> it
> should from the Insert ribbon so no need to make tha suggestion.

44
Herb

grouping Radio Buttons; Using ActiveX Controls
Hello experts! I’m trying to enter radio buttons on a sheet (not UserForm) and I’m using ActiveX Controls (I don’t want users moving the controls around on the sheet so I’m trying to make the objects locked). Now, I seem to be stuck as to how to get my 6 radio buttons into 3 groups, so that I can choose three buttons. Right now, it is only letting me choose one button! Basically, this is an example of what I want to do: http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/questions/grouped_rbs.php But I need to do it on a sheet and using ActiveX Controls. Thanks! Ryan--- -- Ryan--- I...

equation editor
I just installed Office mac 2004 student teacher edition on my brand new MacBook. I can't seem to use equation editor. Since I am a math teacher, that sucks - to say the least! Error message says somethng like - make sure it has been installed, or maybe it has been renamed etc. All I did was install. Short of using my 2nd product key to fix the problem what can I check. Find brings up no info on equation editor. I don't think Eq Ed is automatically installed with a standard installation of Office 2004 - it needs to be included in a custom install or added later. You can install it no...

2 variables in 2 quadratic equations in excel
Dear ms excel user/programmers: I hope this question is not repeated before. But anyway highly appreciate anyone can tell me how (or hint) to use ms excell and/or visual c/c++, basic, or octave(emulate matlab) to solve: (12-x)^2 + y^2 =15^2, (16+y)^2+x^2=25^2 (by programming or using its built in function)? that ^2 mean square. looking to any excel user, mathmatician, and/or programmer's help, eric, fsshl@yahoo.com Hi Eric The brute force way (requiring the least mathematical analysis) is to calculate the left hand side as functions of two reasonable first guess x and y inputs...

Linear trendline:wrong equation
Hi, I created a bar chart in Excel from the following data: X Y 73 6.6 78 5.7 86 4.8 The SLOPE and the INTERCEPT functions returned -0.136 and 16.4448 respectively. The resulting equation is Y = -0.136X + 16.448 which seems good enough to me. Then I added a linear trendline to the chart. Excel displayed the following equation: Y = -0.9X + 7.5, R ^2 =1 which is way off (and it's not a rounding problem)!!! The data seemed farly linear to me, how come Excel can't come up with the right equation??? Thanks Jan M. Use an "XY (Scatter)" chart. When you...

MS Word equation editor won't open when double-clicking on an equation
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I created a document (.docx) using the Office 2008 version of MS Word some time ago (2 months or so). Recently I wanted to correct an equation in that document and re-opened the document (on the same system and with the &quot;same&quot; copy of Word) and attempted to double-click the equation to edit it. Instead of the equation editor I get the &quot;Format Picture&quot; dialog box. In the interim I did install an update (I tend to try to stay up to date) and am at 12.2.4 (100205). <br><...

how is a spin button control connected to a buddy edit control
Hello! I have this piece of code below and the code works fine. I have one question that I can't understand how is the spin control field here called IDC_SPIN1 connected to the buddy edit control which actually display the value from the spin control. I have looked everyway but I can't see where the connection is made. The buddy edit control field is called IDC_BUDDY_SPIN1 I would understand all the code if the last line instead had this row "SetDlgItemText(IDC_BUDDY_SPIN1, strValue);" but now it hasn't so hopefully somebody might explain how the spin control field ...

command button validation
I have the following code in an Access Form: It works well; however, if a user enters the form and hits the command button below (54) (without entering any info) the command triggers the Msgbox event, without checking form/table validation. Conversely, if a user enters the form and types even a keystroke, then hits the command button, Access knows to kick in the validation that I've set up and instructs the user to populate required fields. Question: how to make the code below check for form/table validation even if the user types nothing into the form? Thanks for your help ~ alex ...

Design/run modes for a button
How do you switch between desing and run mode of a button that runs a macro? You can originate a command button from two places: the Controls Toolbox toolbar and the Forms toolbar. I most frequently use the button from the Forms toolbar, since I typically install a button directly within a worksheet and assign a macro to it. Your choice of buttons depends on your intent: what is your end goal? ...

Trendline equation not giving correct results
I was trying to form a trendline with following data : Y X 1.128 -20 1.128 -15 1.128 -10 1.128 -6 1.111 -5 1.084 0 1.056 5 1.0276 10 1 15 0.971 20 0.944 25 0.9144 30 0.884 35 0.8524 40 0.82 45 0.788 50 After plotting the chart, I added trendline (Polynominal with order 6) alongwith its equation which read as below : y = 6E-07x6 - 3E-05x5 + 0.0006x4 - 0.0057x3 + 0.0215x2 - 0.0318x + 1.1429 and R2 = 0.9998 The trendline in the chart neatly fitted over the curve. However, when I used above equation and fed in same values of X as shown above the computed results are entirley different fro...

Create a button to insert a new row.
I know Excel can do it; I just don't know how. In addition, once the new row is inserted, I need the formulas to carry into it. Any help is greatly appreciated! I can think of many possibilities, but I'm sure you are thinking of something very specific. Please give more information. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Sharon" wrote: > I know Excel can do it; I just don't know how. In addition, once the new row > is inserted, I need the formulas to carry into it. > &g...

Excel equations
I posted this before, but for some reason, it never showed up. I want to be able to take a list of months in a spreadsheet and add these months to an equation without having to type it out every time. Let me explain: I have a column of text ranging from January to Dec. I also have worksheets titled from Jan to Dec. I need to reference various cells in each of the spreadsheets in a summary spreadsheet, but each reference cell is the same for each month, i.e. always January!$A$1, February!$A$!, etc. Is there a way I can write an equation that will allow be to copy the months in the summar...

how to post message to a button which is being created
Hi,All I get the button Hwnd which is being created via hook. I want to send message to this button. CButton *btn=new CButton(); btn->Attach(hWnd); BOOL bs=btn->SendMessage(BN_CLICKED,0,0); if (bs) TRACE("send ok"); BOOL bp=btn->PostMessage(BN_CLICKED,0,0); if (bp) TRACE("post ok"); post message is ok ,sendmessage is failed. I know the reason is the creation of the button is not finished. now I want to add waiting time when post message to the creating button . My question is how to set additional message ( wParam and lParam ) in Post...

Set minimum values for equation results
Hi all, I've been searching the queries here and can't find an answer to what I'm hoping is a simple query . . . I want my equation to ensure that any minus values are returned as 0 but positive values should remain true. THis needs to be within the original equation as opposed to a separate equation doing a find and replace. Appreciate any answers (preferably by e-mail!). Jim. Try using IF(), for example: Put in C1: =IF((A1-B1)<0,0,A1-B1) which will return 0 if (A1-B1) results in a minus value with zero & positive values remaining true Hope the above helps. M...

Button problem
Hi, Could someone tell me what might be the reasones for that the control tool box doesn't work. I had a button in my file for a macros, but it desappered (I don't know how). I still have the macros in that file but I can't add button to run it. Svilen Perhaps you deleted rows that hid it. Surely you can create another and assign it. I suggest either a forms button or a drawing shape instead of a command button. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Svilen Pachedjiev" <Pachedjiev.S@bnbank.org> wrote in message news:ulfUoAfTEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.ph...

Button to edit additional field in continous subform
Since the memo field does not fit my continous subform, I want a command button on that subform to display (edit) memo field of the same record. How to link command button action to the record? The primary key for the subform is AutoNumber and I have no room for tab control. thanks. The simplest solution would be to use the built-in zoom box to enter the data for the field. Make sure there is a text box for your memo field on the form (even if it is only 0.01" wide.) In the Click event procedure of your command button: Me.MyMemo.SetFocus RunCommand acCmdZoomBox Substi...

Weird Free/Busy Behavior...Calendar Details not available.
I have a client who is experiencing issues viewing free/busy data when scheduling appointments. The free/busy information is there, but no Calendar Details are available for this one particular user. The user trying to view the Calendar Details has Publishing Editor rights to the problem user's Calendar and can even view their Private items. The problem user cannot even view their own Calendar Details when inviting attendees. I have tried starting Outlook 2003 with the /cleanfreebusy switch several times and have verified that all four boxes under Tools/Options/Calendar Options/Planner...

Visual C++ 2005 Radio Buttons
Hello all, When I use Visual C++ 2005 to write a calculator program, for example, http://www.functionx.com/visualc/controls/radiobutton.htm The radio control cannot be set into int. There is only bool exist in the interface. Is there are something wrong of my question? Thanks. Zhidian Du >When I use Visual C++ 2005 to write a calculator program, for example, > >http://www.functionx.com/visualc/controls/radiobutton.htm > >The radio control cannot be set into int. There is only bool exist in >the interface. > >Is there are something wrong of my question? Looks ...

Buttons #2
Hi.. How can change the buttons on the main fram i mean (close, max., min.) how can i change the color of them and the aspect thanks for help Implement your own OnNcPaint. Then you can do anything you want. joe On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:19:00 -0800, mido1971 <mido1971@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi.. >How can change the buttons on the main fram i mean (close, max., min.) how >can i change the color of them and the aspect > >thanks for help Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mv...

Equation Editor- problem when editing an equation
I use Equation Editor a great deal, and I constantly have the same problem. If I create an equation, and later go back to edit it, the font and spacing of the equation change. I try to resize the equation by enlarging or decreasing the size of the window, but all that I accomplish is either "bunching up" or "stretching" my equation. How do I get it back to what it looked like originally? ...

I am wondering if someone could help me solve this equation
A car wash makes $4000 profit on sunny days and loses $4000 on non-sunny days. Assuming independence, if it is sunny 75% of the days, (and, therefore NOT sunny 25% of the days) what is the expected (daily) profit (or loss) for the car wash? (MEAN = EXPECTED VALUE) Let me know via email or can you please forward me to someone who can help me with this formula? Thank you. "Miles" wrote: > A car wash makes $4000 profit on sunny days and loses $4000 on > non-sunny days. Assuming independence, if it is sunny 75% of the > days, (and, therefore NOT sunny 25% of the days) what...

Install Equation Editor on Toolbar
Hello, I am having difficulty installing equation editor on my toolbar in Word. I can see it if I click on Insert and then Object and then go to equation editor, but how do I get it as an icon on my toolbar? Thank you. Not really a 64 bit OS related question, I would suggest reposting to one of the Word groups. -- -- "Laura C" <LauraC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61D34976-78A0-40A7-84C2-D0529432D107@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am having difficulty installing equation editor on my toolbar in Word. > I > can...

Editing equation in rtf doc: "Word equation too large to convert"
I have an academic paper that I have written and need to share with my co-authors who use MS Word. I converted it from latex to rtf format. I can open the document in word 2007 and edit it, however, whenever I try to edit an equation I get a dialogue box with the error message “Word equation too large to convert". The contents of the equation get erased and I have close the equation editor and press Crtl-z to get the contents of the equation back. The problem occurs even with very simple equations, such as the fraction 1/2. I have searched the web and others seem to ha...

custom button request
Anyone have a custom button for INTERNET ORDERS key CTL-SHIFT-F10? You cannot make a macro for it because when you record the macro, the internet order import window pops up and you cannot end the macro without closing the window. So the macro records with the window opening then closing. Otherwise, I could just use the Macro custom button. Thanks! Mickie ...

lost my group contact button
I have a couple of groups in my windows mail contact list, but cannot seem to create a new one. The help item says to open "New Contact Group", but that does not appear in the list under new.......where did it go..how do I get it back? "Dave P" <Dave P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DAB4E04-AC94-4458-A43E-2F312BA9DEC2@microsoft.com... >I have a couple of groups in my windows mail contact list, but cannot seem >to > create a new one. The help item says to open "New Contact Group", but > that > does not ap...

page navigation buttons
I have accidently disabled my page navigations buttons. How do I turn them back on so I can go from page to page in my document? Thanks, View - status bar -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "nunny" <nunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92FFFE7A-0595-4A3E-8A3D-079553DD615E@microsoft.com... >I have accidently disabled my page navigations buttons. How do I turn them > back on so I can go from page to page in my document? > > Thanks, ...