Why is my Equation button not available

I can't figure out why I can't the Equation button is not working in the
Insert Ribbon on Word 2007, its greyed out and I can't click on it.

And I know I can insert an object and selection Equation Editor 3.0 but
that's not an answer to my question as to why this isn't working the way it
should from the Insert ribbon so no need to make tha suggestion.

The new type of equation is not available in Compatibility Mode. If you
create a Word 2007 .docx file (or convert a .doc file into a .docx file),
you will be able to use the Equation too in the Insert tab.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible

"bflogeo" <bflogeo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't figure out why I can't the Equation button is not working in the
> Insert Ribbon on Word 2007, its greyed out and I can't click on it.
>
> And I know I can insert an object and selection Equation Editor 3.0 but
> that's not an answer to my question as to why this isn't working the way
> it
> should from the Insert ribbon so no need to make tha suggestion.

45
Herb

Graphing Linear Equations
I am soo sorry and I feel stupid but I can not figure out how to get excell to just graph a plain Y=mX+b line. I have been trying to figure it out for hours... please help. Excel does not directly plot functions, instead it plots data points consisting of x-y pairs. Put x values in one column and calculate the relevant y-values in the next column. Since 2 points determine a straight line, it is sufficient to enter just the desired endpoints of the line. Select both columns and Insert|Chart. Select the "XY (Scatter)" chart type with a chart subtype that connects data point...

Some Outlook buttons don't work
I have outlook 2003, and recently two outlook buttons don't work anymore. First, if I click on the Send/Receive button, nothing happens. Second, when I compose an email and try to change the "account" with which to send the email and clicke the "account" button, the outlook always runs into problem, and so I'm only able to send the email with my default account. Anyone knows what's happening? ...

US Bank not available via Yodlee??
I had been accessing my US Bank account info with MS Money 2002. When I switched to MS Money 2005 - now it no longer can access US Bank? Why not? Yodlee has been used? is it still available? In microsoft.public.money, JVO wrote: >I had been accessing my US Bank account info with MS Money 2002. When I >switched to MS Money 2005 - now it no longer can access US Bank? Why not? >Yodlee has been used? is it still available? There appears to be US Bank with and without Yodlee. I would make an extra copy or backup of my Money file. Then turn off background banking and remove the...

missing voting buttons, missing response toolbar
I have created an CustomForm.oft. There I have Voting Buttons activated for the receiver. However some of the receivers see the buttons others dont. Not even in the Action Menue! We have installed several clients with exactly the same Software at the same time. Still some of them see the buttons other not. I found a few entries about thiss issue in ths group but no solution. Any hint or help is welcomed. Make sure that nothing impedes the ability of the rich-text content of = the message to get through. See = http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sendform.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Au...

no highlighter button on formatting toolbar
k have received a template letter with highlighted areas. I want to remove the highlighted background color. I have looked on Help and it tells me to clice "Formatting" then "Highlight" and then "None". But after clicking Format I do not have a Highlight option. How do I get Highlight on Word If you are using Word 2003, the Highlighting button is on the Formatting toolbar. If that toolbar is not displayed, click on the View menu and then on Toolbars and then click on the Formatting item in the list of toolbars. If the template that you have rec...

Saving records only with a button
If I enter or change data on a record it automatically saves it, so if I accidentally enter something I lose what should have been there. Is there a way to only save the data that is entered or changed for a record if the save button is pushed? Access only actually saves the record to the database when you move to a different record, a new record, or close the form. The easiest way to do this is to put some code in the Form's Before Update event that will present a message box to the user asking them to confirm the save: If MsgBox("Save Changes to this Record", vbQu...

Create macro not available
I'm trying to create a macro from scratch, and when I select Tools, macro, and go to the dialog box, the "Create" button is grayed out. What would prevent me from being able to access this feature? I checked to make sure the worksheet isn't hidden (I know this can prevent editing, not sure about creating). I'm using XL2000. Any ideas? TIA dave Type a name for your macro in the "macro name" box. Create will un-gray itself. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 27 Jan 2005 10:48:13 -0800, "davegb" <davegb@safebrowse.com> wrote: >I'm trying to cre...

Where is the 'send' button?
Windows 7 'Home Premium' with Windows Live mail Question: where is the *send* button in Windows Live Mail?? Where do you click to *send* an e-mail? There is no 'send' button on the toolbar. The only way I can send my e-mails is when I close the Windows Live Mail program, a message appears on the desktop saying.. 'you have unsent messages in your outbox, do you want to send them now'? I click on 'yes' and off they go. The 'help' file simply says 'click on send' but I cannot find that 'send' button anywhere? Can...

Missing Command Buttons
For some reason on one machine the VBA Command Buttons that are embedded on some sheets will not appear but the built in forms buttons for Excel will appear. Any ideas? Thanks, Excel uses the windows temp folder to hold lots of stuff. The first thing I'd try is cleaning up that temp folder. When you're not installing/deinstalling anything: (close excel, too) Windows start button|Run %temp% delete all the junk you see. (It's all junk to me. If some windows program used %temp%, then I figure it knows that it's just for temporary files.) John wrote: > > For so...

Word Forms and Reset Button
Hi all, I need advice concerning several Word forms. First, I understand that you can't control tab order without VB and if you use the code, you cannot click in the fields. Are you sure there is no way around the click thing? If we use a user form to fill in the document form fields instead, how will that affect calculated fields we already have in our document? This form will be published and downloaded by inexperienced users. Will the form pose any risks with VB code run on outdated operating systems and old versions of word? Once they fill out the doc via the user...

Sorting data on button click
Hi guys ! I have one sheet with cca 400 rows, divided in columns like name, date, location, number etc. Now, what i want to do is to create something like in windows explorer. One "menu" where you can click on name, size, type, date modified etc. and on click, columns should be sorted ascending or descending. The same as in windows explorer.... How to make this ? John, You can do this by applying the autofilter to the sheet. Select a cell in the region of the list/table and click Data/Filter/AutoFilter. You now have dropdowns for each column. If you scro...

mouse over button
Hi, I would like to ask what is the best way to found out, if a mouse is on a button, without clicking on a button. I just need to know when the mouse cursor is dragged over the button, than I will change its style. I was checking the cursor position in the WM-MouseMove handler of the dialog, but if the cursor is on the button, this message is not sent to the dialog. CButton doesn't have any similar WM_message, I could use. Thanks, Lubomir A button is essentially a window. So in other words any message sent to a Window or Dialog is sent to the button also. What I am trying to say...

Tool Bar Button Image Bug
Hi, I'm using Word in Mac Office 2004. I like to create custom buttons in the toolbar for various little macros I run. Back on my PC (I recently swtiched) Word 2000 has a built in editor for button images. Word 2004 on the Mac lacks this, but does allow you to paste any image onto a toolbar button. However, there seems to be a bug -- the image I paste seems to be reduced to a smaller size than Word's own toolbar buttons. It does this when I try to paste an image file such as a GIF or BMP. Anyone know of a workaround to this? Alternately, anyone have the ability to report this bug t...

grouping Radio Buttons; Using ActiveX Controls
Hello experts! I’m trying to enter radio buttons on a sheet (not UserForm) and I’m using ActiveX Controls (I don’t want users moving the controls around on the sheet so I’m trying to make the objects locked). Now, I seem to be stuck as to how to get my 6 radio buttons into 3 groups, so that I can choose three buttons. Right now, it is only letting me choose one button! Basically, this is an example of what I want to do: http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/questions/grouped_rbs.php But I need to do it on a sheet and using ActiveX Controls. Thanks! Ryan--- -- Ryan--- I...

Delay in execution when Button is clicked.
Hi, I'm developing an application using MFC that plays WAV audio files. My user interface consists of 3 buttons - Play, Pause and Stop. When I click the play button, my program Reads the WAV file in chunks of 1024bytes and stores them in a static array. The array is processed in another function and the array is refilled in a while loop. On clicking the Pause button the file being played should be Paused. I am facing some difficulty here. Although the play and pause are working fine, there is a delay in execution for the "OnPauseClick". (When the pause button is clicked). I...

Chart Wizard not available
Hello; I am working on a budget and would like to create a chart comparing years. The chart wizard icon is grayed out. I cant see how to make it available. Thanks Lee If the workbook is shared, you can't insert a chart. Check Excel's help for 'Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks' or there's information in the following MSKB article: XL: Commands and Features Unavailable in Shared Workbook http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=130560 Lee wrote: > I am working on a budget and would like to create a chart > comparing years. The...

Keyboard arrow buttons no longer work in excel
I can no longer use the arrow buttons to move around my excel worksheet (to change the active cell). When I click on the up or down arrows th sheet itself moves up or down, however the active cell remains th same. I have looked in the "Tools" - "Options" area to see if I nee to set or reset something but cannot find anything. I can't imagine what happened (except I do have a few feline friend who use my pc when I'm not looking!) I would appreciate any input ... Thanks Bernadett -- bcp196 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Find Command Button
I want to insert a Find Command Button in a spreadsheet so a user can click on the button to go directly to a specific line. thanks.. Hi Try this example for column A This will select the first cell in column A with the InputBox value. Sub Find_First() Dim FindString As String Dim Rng As Range FindString = InputBox("Enter a Search value") If Trim(FindString) <> "" Then Set Rng = Range("A:A").Find(What:=FindString, _ After:=Range("A" & Rows.Count), _ ...

A Print Button macro that is based on Checkbox macros
I created an Excel spreadsheet (Windows XP) which contains a macro Print Button from the forms toolbar that prints a hidden worksheet. However, I was wondering if it's possible to incorporate checkbox macros in the active window that will dictate which range of cells to be printed when the Print Button macro pressed. This will allow the user to print various sections (range of cells) of the hidden worksheet depending on which checkbox is checked. Thank you, Mstr G. If you're careful with the setup, it should be fairly straight forward. I created 3 checkboxes (also from the forms ...

Different Button Position When On Design Screen and Application Ru
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I am customizing an application. The existing application has already got buttons, CListView, etc. I just add a button next to other button. There are 4 buttons in a row. I've placed it in a good order following the existing buttons, but when I ran the app, the position changed. The button I'VE JUST CREATED moved from its position. Why it can be happen? How to solve this? Thank you. Will your application compile and build with the latest free version of Visual Studio? You might try that, since your version of vc++ is dated. "Landon" ...

List of available printers
I am trying to develop a form that will dynamically find and list all available printers including the default printer. From this form I want to select which printer will be assigned to Application.ActivePrinter. How do I write a macro to provide the names of all available printers? Does this help? Sub getprinters() Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetup).Show End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "prizm1" <prizm1@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:27KdnZapodUD_jbfRVn-3w@comcast.com... > I am trying to develop a form that will dynamically find an...

Unblock email button in MS CRM 3.0
Hi, When I view an email that has been tracked in CRM 3.0 (with update rollout 2.0) there is a message that says "the email below might contain script or content that is potentially harmful and has been blocked' Of course I may click unblock - however I have a requirement where I need this disabled by default. Upon testing I have minimised all IE (v7) browser settings and have had no success. Has anyone come across this as a solution or does anyone know if this is hard coded by Microsoft ? I have searched for registry entries however can only find 'UnblockedTargetrUrl' on the...

No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient #2
hi there, When outlook 2000 users send an external(internet) mail immediately they got following error message: No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient. Windows+office XP users do not face any such problem. receiving external mail is okay. regards, Monir OL2000: Error Message: No Transport Provider Was Available for Delivery to This Recipient http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;197417&Product=out2K --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name...

Send button #6
I have no "send" button on my Outlook toolbar and I don't find it as an option to add to the toolbar. Doug <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have no "send" button on my Outlook toolbar and I don't > find it as an option to add to the toolbar. Do you have an Email account created in your profile? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

Command Button
Hi, I am able to export the data to DBASE file that create "Date stamp, Time and the name of the file".dbf TEXT83 = Time() Me.cbo_Upload_DT & " ( " & Me.Text83 & " ) " & "- ( " & Me.CBO_TYPE & " )" & " - type_1000.dbf", False The result is: 11_05_2007 - 10_30_04 AM - ( Q ) - TYPE_1000.DBF ************************************************************************************************ I tried to do the same thing with excel spreadsheet but it won't allow because of "/", ":",...