why does the "file save as" window not open?

why does the "file save as" window not open?

Why should it?

You'll have to explain what you're trying to do, the steps you took,
what you expected to happen and what didn't happen, and your version
of Word (and Windows).

On Jun 3, 11:43=A0am, cglegggs <cgleg...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> why does the "file save as" window not open?

0
Peter

file save as
I am attempting to create a macro that will take the active file an "save as" in a mmyy format. Anybody know how to do this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try this in your macro (change the sub name to what ever) Sub test() Dim temp As String If Len(Month(Date)) = 1 Then temp = "0" & Month(Date) & Left(Year(Date), 2) Else temp = Month(Date) & Left(Year(Date), 2) End If ThisWorkbook.SaveAs temp End Sub hope this help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Another version: Option Explicit Sub test2() Dim temp As String ...

Word 2007 file save as increases file size
There is a shared file that is currently 2.01 MB, however when one specific employee opens and change a name and save, the file size increases to 12 MB. Why and How can this be stopped? Are you using a document that users open, change data then save it as something else? If so don't do that. Save the document as a template (dotx or dotm if it has macros) and tell the users to create new documents from it. It should both eliminate the problem and reduce the risk of a user screwing it up' -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><&...

Additional file with no extension created during File Save As proc
Good morning all! I originally posted this query on the Developer board, as I thought it was a problem with my code, but now I'm not so sure. I have a workbook with a macro that runs a Save As within a loop, to create test data files. I was finding that for every new file I created, and additional file with a filename comprisiong eight alphanumeric characters and no file extenson was created in the same folder. Thinking that the workbook might be corrupted, I created a new workbook (with NO copying/pasting from the original - everything types in from scratch) , created new code m...

File Save As Dialog
I have an application which pops up file "Save as" dialog. I am trying to automate <save> button click. Unfortunately i am unable to get the handle of the "Button" with the text "Save". I used spy++. but it does not show the button as window. Please suggest. thx Would it be easier if the Save As dialog box would not come up to begin with? AliR. "skg" <skg@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u1MavF9vGHA.4624@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I have an application which pops up file "Save as" dialog. I am trying to > automate &l...

Macro
I have 7 identical files which I routinely save to another drive and remove the links. I've recorded a macro that will move the files, but I have to edit it each time to adjust the name of the file. Can the macro be adjusted to move the active file instead of specifying the name of the file? Here's the macro as I currently have it recorded: (This is MPA Attorney, but I would save MPA Agency next, then MPA Internal, etc.. ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= "I:\EXLDATA\Loan Recovery MIS\2004_03\Outstandings\MPA Attorney.xls", FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:=...

File Save As Use in Macro
Does anyone know of a macro that will reference the contents of a cell and the save the file with the contents of that cell? For instance, Cell A1 contains the name John When the macro is run it will save the file as John.xls. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, James Hardeman James Try this one Sub SaveCellName() Dim FileName As String FileName = Range("A1").Value ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=FileName, _ FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _ ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False...

Help with File Save As in
I run Windows XP Home and I have Office 2000 Small Business Edition installed, which is essentially used for Excel and Word. The problem I have is when I do a File > Save As, and then I choose the detailed view to be able to sort the documents, I cannot seem to have the files sorted alphabetically, despite clicking repeatedly on Name. I have had that problem for as long as I can remember, but I can no longer tolerate the frustration. If you have the solution, please help me. Thank you kindly. spencersj wrote: > I run Windows XP Home and I have Office 2000 Small Business Edition >...

why does the "file save as" window not open?
why does the "file save as" window not open? Why should it? You'll have to explain what you're trying to do, the steps you took, what you expected to happen and what didn't happen, and your version of Word (and Windows). On Jun 3, 11:43=A0am, cglegggs <cgleg...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > why does the "file save as" window not open? ...

file save as #2
I have set up a new spreadsheet and I am hoping to keep from over-ridin it inadvertently. Is there a way to fix the spreadsheet that it is no possible to save over top - you have to save as with a new file name -- denha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- denhar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2408 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38315 Denhar Make it a template (File>save as...>Template). This way you will only be able to 'save as' -- HTH Nick Hodge Micr...

Default File Save As to .docm
At a template or document level (rather than at a group or application level), how can you change the default file save as to be .docm rather than ..docx ? Click Office button | Word Options, Save category. For "Save files in this format," choose the desired format. Click OK. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "DavidB" <DavidB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:716E261F-0216-4509-B966-CB3A1FE2F29F@microsoft.com... > At a template or document level (rather than at a group or application > level), how can you change the de...

Disable exceptions thrown on File Save As
I am working on a long term project where I am creating thousands of csv files from Excel using the File Save As menu item. Every time one does this they get two messages: File type doesn't support multiple pages and Myfile.csv may contain features that ... It is totally madening and over the months its wasting a lot of time. How can I disable the throwing of these exceptions? -- mark b If you're using a macro, just put: Application.DisplayAlerts = False before the line using .SaveAS... and: Application.DisplayAlerts = True after it... If you don't use any macro, you c...

File SAVE AS ... use cell value as pasrt of name
It is possible to setup a macro to automatically save (SAVE AS) a workbook and use the value in a specific cell as part of the new file name. You could record a macro when you do a file|saveas and modify it slightly. I got this when I recorded one: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\My Documents\excel\book2.xls", _ FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _ ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False If I wanted to use Sheet1, A1 as the holder for the value: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs _ Filename:="C:\My Do...

File Save As (cell value)
Hi, I have a macro that does some copy and pastes from one sheet to another in the same workbook. I want to then save the destination sheet with the value of a cell as the file name. So the if the entry in X4 is 101 then I want to save the file with the name 101.xls with activeworkbook .saveas filename:=.worksheets("sheet1").range("x4").value end with If you really mean save a single sheet workbook, record a macro when you move/copy that sheet to a new workbook. You'll have the code you need. Gerard Goodland wrote: > > Hi, > > I have ...

Daily file save as webpage
I have a file that updates via query daily. After the update I would like to save the file as a webpage, say at 08:10 daily with that days date as a file name. i.e. DayReport040424. Can anyone point me to where I could find the code to do this? Thanks in advance ...

File Save As
When I do a file save as, my folders are no longer sorted/alphabetical. When I go to view them in Windows Explorer or through My Computer, they are sorted. Trying to located unsorted folders is very time consuming. Any answers on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. hi, the default sort in the save as is set to something other than alphabetical. in the file save as dialog box, in the upper right corner click the down arrow of the icon that looks like a small spreadsheet.(on mine it is second from right) at the bottom of the drop down click "arrange icons". You...

file save as word 2003 xp pro
Scenario I open a document called test.doc and make a change. I use the file save as option and call the file test.doc. It doesn't prompt me to overwrite the existing test.doc shouldn't it?? I belive it did in earlier versions?? No - if you open a document and use SaveAs to save it with the same name you won't get a prompt. If you use SaveAs to save it with a different existing name, you will. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site...

vba to show the file save as dialog box...
vba to show the file save as dialog box.. and stop at this point and let the user pick the folder and file name and then hit OK to do the save...?? thank you...! > vba to show the file save as dialog box... > and stop at this point and let the user pick the folder and file name and then hit OK to do the save...??? (Not sure how the "pick folder" bit will react but) try Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show HTH, Andy try Excel.Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show HTH Ken --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www...

Sub Procedure for File Save As PDF or XPS menu option
Hi, I need to give a message to the user once he/she clicks on the File Save As PDF or XPS menu option in Word 2007. I have tried with Sub FileSavePdfOrXps() but it is not working. Can any one let me know which is the exact sub procedure which is invoked? Thanks in advance. You haven't placed any of the code you tried in the Sub, so it would be hard to troubleshoot. Have you used the Office 2007 Developer Reference on MSDN? It's really great. Perhaps you can customize what happens when someone uses that command--there may be other ways to accomplish your object...