Why do drop down menus fail?

None of the drop down menus appear when I click on the button bar in Word or
Publisher documents. Has anyone else had this problem?

For Word, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm.

I don't know about Publisher; try a Publisher newsgroup.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Joy" <Joy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E703A301-107F-4C91-ABBD-41136D8E963F@microsoft.com...
> None of the drop down menus appear when I click on the button bar in Word or
> Publisher documents. Has anyone else had this problem?

0
Stefan

Exchange creates mailbox but fails to connect to the domain user
When creating mailbox's for new domain users the system creates the mailbox fine but fails to connect the mailbox to the user. In the Exchange System Manager the mailbox is shown but isn't connect to the user, when I 'reconnect' and search for the user in the domain the user isn't found. In fact the ESM fails to display all the contents of the domain, yet in Active Directory Users and Groups on the same server all items in the Domain are displayed. The problem seems to me to point to the Exchange system. The system also fails to create an X400 address automotically....

Drop Down List #9
I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I create this. One sheet would where the final product is and the other would be where the data is being kept. Watch this 5 min video: How to setup a data validation drop down list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Vincent Kerzman" <Vincent Kerzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DAA48B-0BD2-4932-AE91-B86D55B8D8A6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I > create this. > > One s...

Drag and drop of eMail to own application
Hi everybody, i like to drag and drop an eMail of Outlook ( Express & Xp ) and Thunderbird into my own application ( MFC ). There'in the dropped eMail should be readed and the subject, body text, Recepiant, ... should be displayed into textboxes. I can check the different formats of the Drag-Event or Clipboard data. An Outlook Express mail is stored in plaintext into the clipboard, so it's seriously possible to extract it. But with Outlook XP Mails i see only the name of a .eml file ( the of file which would be saved on the Destop for example ) But how to extract the data? Do...

drag and drop
Using office XP I cannot drag and drop items from one folder to another in outlook 2002. Any ideas? Thanks ...

drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell
I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one item from the box to go into the cell. Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

window media player fails
Yesterday I uploaded MVI_1138.AVI to my computer and played it. Then I played it three more times for guests. Today, it will not play. WMP says it does not recognize the file type. Any suggestions? Charles ...

Drop Down List #2
Hi All Can this be done, as I am struggling. I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from this data, and I can't make it happen, I can create a drop down list in sheet A from data in sheet A but not from sheet B Could anyone help please Cheers Steve Name the range on the other sheet, and you can refer to it in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Steve wrote: > I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from > this data, and I can't make it h...

Setup failed
Hi, we are trying to install Crm 1.2 italian on Small Business 2003 italian. Before installing Crm we have the following prerequisites: • Internet Information Services (IIS) installed and the services started. • Windows Indexing Service started on the installation computer. • Microsoft Message Queuing Service installed as a Message Queuing Server and started. • Active Directory® in native mode. • Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) 4.0 installed. • The SQL Server service and SQL Server Agent started on the SQL Server computer (Sql2000+Sp3a). We have also default web site and...

Printers Failing to print GP reports
This is very critical right now. Customer's Citrix machine has print drivers installed on the CITRIX box. When the Customer is in Great Plains and tries to print any reports, those reports are not printing. Now when I check the Event Viewer there is numerous error messages on all of the printers. They need help because they can't print anything. ...

Question of drop-down listbox
Hello, Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. Thank You! I don't get it. ES_AUTOHSCROLL is an Edit control style, how would it apply to a listbox or combobox? What are you trying to do? AliR. "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uHUo%23OyLFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll > (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. > > Thank You! > > I'm soory for not expressing my question properly...

Anyoone seen NDR generated where the Sender name is the failed recipient?
I have a really odd problem where someone will send an email via Outlook to another local user and will get an NDR returned from the Exchange 2003 server. Message tracking shows the message was delivered but the NDR lists the senders (ie their own) name and there is no time stamp as shown below ------------------------------ The following recipient(s) could not be reached: <Sender Name> on The recipient has been deleted or has no e-mail address. ------------------------------ It's happening to a number of individuals on infrequent occassions and I cannot find reference to this ...

reporting on drop-down values
We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table where all the actual text values are stored? Hi use the stringmaps table to get the description of picklist values. I hope it helps. -- Singh http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com MSCRM Consultant Orion Enterprise Sydney "TheWkndr" wrote: > We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course > the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table > where all the actual text values a...

LoadImages fails after X number of loads on same images
A little background can be found in the link below on what i'm doing. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=loadimage+fails&dg=microsoft.public.vc.mfc&cat=en_US_f0847235-3112-4b9a-8717-b82f7898eeea&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us My problem is that after say 20 trys(It's triggered by a button press), Loadimage has a valid path for a image but it fails to load it. It also varies. Sometime it will fail every time after that and sometimes it will work on the next iteration. Here i...

The sign-in with your financial institution failed.
Hello. As the subject line states, that's the error message I receive when entering logon info for a new brokerage account. My brokerage gives excellent instructions complete with screen shots but it states to enter (into Money) my user id and password. Money, on the other hand, requests my account # and password. When I enter my user id, I get the aforementioned error. When I enter my account # or SSN, I get an incorrect password / pin error. Thanks. ...

Drop user or alias before dropping login
I am trying to delete a user, and I get this error: Login is aliased or mapped to a user in one or more databases. Drop the user or alias before dropping the login. Any advice? Hi Caroline, GO to SQL server --> logins and select the user and open check the properties of the login and see what database access the users has. If any uncheck all the database access and drop the user. Also make sure from the GP front end you have unchecked the company access too. If still you get errors go to each database on the server and make sure they are not in the users list in the databases. ...

DeviceIoControl fails with opertion IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_LAYOUT
Hi I am trying to get the drive name(d:\,f:\) with DeviceIoControlfunction, but it fails with error 5= Access is denied. i am working with vista SP1,any way to to correct this error ? if i will call the function with IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_GEOMETRY it will work GREAT. any reason why it fails if i used this operation:IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_LAYOUT HERE IS THE CODE: PARTITION_INFORMATION pdg; hDevice = CreateFile(physicalDrive, // drive 0, // no access to the drive FILE_SHARE_READ | // share mode FILE_SHARE_WRITE, NULL, // default security attributes OPEN_...

Drop down list 04-23-10
How do you display drop down list button even if the cell is not selected? You can't. Perhaps you've seen the button created from a AutoFilter ot PivotTable? -- Best Regards, Luke M "DLB" <DLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F248BA68-6874-4712-876D-CF2890DD0BF1@microsoft.com... > How do you display drop down list button even if the cell is not selected? Use a combo box from the Forms toolbar. The drop down arrow is always visible. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "DLB" <DLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Drop-Down list in a cell #2
Hi, I have cells in an Excel form which are used to enter data. But it' always same list of choices. I wonder if there is a way to create drop-down list of choice in a cell, so that the user can choose betwee the available choices. Is it possible? Thx! Werne -- Werne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Werner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2430 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39053 Try Debra Dalgleish's page at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal13.html -- Rg...

Windows XP fails to load from User menu
Windows XP fails to load when user clicks on their name. Starts to load personal settings and then kicks back to the user menu. Tried entering via Safe mode and got the same results. Ken wrote: > Windows XP fails to load when user clicks on their name. Starts to > load personal settings and then kicks back to the user menu. Tried > entering via Safe mode and got the same results. Look into replacing the userinit file - sounds like you got yourself infested/infected. -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr...

3.0 laptop client fails to connect
Installed laptop client against Outlook 2003 sp2. No errors on install. It even connected on the first time. I've uninstalled and installed many times. Here's a log excerpt: # CRM Tracing Version 1.1 Unmanaged # LocalTime: 2006-02-08 16:59:30.987 # Categories: *:Verbose # Schedule: Hourly # ComputerName: LT-JJB # CRMVersion: 3.0.5300.0 [2006-02-08 16:59:30.987] Process:OUTLOOK |Thread:1004 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | Reading registry key BusinessId failed Function: FReadWzRegKeyValue File: c:\crmv3rtm\src\application\outlook\addin\common.cpp L...

Outlook 2003 Drap and Drop Issue
Hi If you take an email from Outlook and perform a drag and drop to the tasks, the task is created but the message body text is empty. Any reason why this should happen. Cheers ...

Odd Drop Down Box Behavior
I have a drop down box on a spreadsheet in a workbook with several spreadsheets. For some reason the contents of the drop down box is beeing bled through to other spreadsheets in the exact same cell reference that the drop down box is linked to, replacing what may be in that cell. It happens randomly yet often, and I have not been able to discern any patterrn or catalyst. The contents and cell formatting are being transfered. It also happens on other spreadsheets using the drop down box. This is an Active-X box, not a forms box, using Excel 2007. Anybody seen this? Squeaky...

ComboBox drop up instead drop down
Hello Clicking on the Combobox right box it show by default an SelectionWnd BELOW the combobox, but I want it show ABOVE the Combobox. How can I achieve this? Thanks. Tom AFAIK, you cant do this. It does it by itself whenever it finds that the listbox will go offscreen. --- Ajay "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147880303.638355.7200@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > AFAIK, you cant do this. It does it by itself whenever it finds that > the listbox will go offscreen. > Couldn't you subclass the listbox and somehow reposition it w...

Drop down calendar menus disappear
This is a bizarre problem which I thought must be due to some sort of corruption on my hard drive. However, using Google to check back on this group and the other outlook group I've seen the same problem noted six times over the past couple of years, from users of both Outlook 2002 and 2003. I use 2003 and I don't recall that I had the problem with 2002. I run Win XP Pro. The problem: This occurs when I try to enter dates in the calendar, task list or birthdays section (contacts). You try to select a date to enter a task, or enter a date for someone's birthday - you click on the ...