where is the search feature to look up files by name?

I just got Word 2007 after using 2003 for a while. I want to search for a
file by a word in it's name.  I can't find the search option?

Lois P wrote:
> I just got Word 2007 after using 2003 for a while. I want to search
> for a file by a word in it's name.  I can't find the search option?

The search mechanism has been removed from the Office dialogs and moved to
the operating system. Press the Windows key and F at the same time to open
the Find dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

0
Jay

How to create a looking based on 3 fields
Hi, Can someone point me in the right direction with what I want to do: I know how to use data validation to create drop downs which is phase 1. How do I cause a result to occur based on what was chosen e.g. Col A = (user chooses ABC) Col B = 80 (because ABC was choosen) Sheet 2 will have the 'list' to choose from, so it's got all the values in a Column for the user to choose from. E.g. Col A = ABC Col B = $90 Let me know if I haven't explained what I want to archive correctly. It sounds like you can use =vlookup() or =index(match()) to retrieve the assocated value. ...

getting a column name
please help me with this one ok? lets say i have two columns. in the first raw i have the names: a1= daniel a2=bill the next two rows are numbers b1=10 b2=20 c1=20 c2=40 what i need to do is to know who got the 20 in the previous row. so the cell c3 will be "bill" because in the "b" row bill got "20" a in the "c1" cell. it looks like that ----3-----2-----1---- ----------Bill---Daniel--a ----------20----10-----b ---bill----40-----20----c please help asa -- mordo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mordor's Profil...

allowing M05 to convert your file twice!! BAAAD!
In an attempt to resolve some of my problems, I reinstalled MS Money. Now, I already converted my .mny file, however since it installed, it wanted to convert my file without even looking at it (to see it already was). I thought it would; but, it converted it anyway and all of the transactions were backwards (debits = credits and vice versa). That may be why people have wrong entries! ...

converting 1.x database to 2.0 from DOS files
I saved the 1.x database on floppies. Now I need the database again and need to upgrade it. How do I copy the floppies with the 1.x database so that it will work with access 2.0 in an XP pro environment? ...

Searching for Newsgroups

Looking Up the First Nonzero Value in a Column
Hello everyone, I am looking for a function that can return the first nonzero value in a column. I have a table that has months across the top and down the leftmost column. The data in the table are balances as of each month, essentially. It looks like this: J F M A M J 1 F 2 1 M 3 2 1 A 4 3 2 1 M 5 4 3 2 1 Is there a way to say, "Look in the column labeled "F" and return the first nonzero number"? Then the cell below it will need to be the number directly below that first number, and so on. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks! Sincerely, T...

CSV File, change separator sign
I can not change separator sign creating CSV file in office2007 running on XP PRO. I want to have , as separator defalt is ; I have changed in control panel nationals setting but it still does not give me csv fil whit , as separator it keeps give me ; as separator. Can anyone tell me how to solve this. I've run into this myself, and eventually found it fastest just to use NotePad or EditPad. 1. Export your .CSV doc 2. Open it in NotePad 3. CTRL-H to activate Search/Replace feature Search: ; Replace: , 4. Save the .CSV file. -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB...

Max length of variable name?
Hi, Sorry if this appears twice, could not tell if first posted. What is the maximun length of a varaible name? x=1 not problem, but xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=2 this is too long, yes? How long can it be? Thanks, -- David On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:49:01 -0700, David <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Sorry if this appears twice, could not tell if first posted. > >What is the maximun length of a varaible name? > >x=1 not problem, but >xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=2 this is too long, yes? How long can it be? > &...

Search & replace in formulae

How do I save a narrated (sound embedded) PPT07 file in SCORM form
I want to allow my company's LMS (Learning Management System) to store, push, and report viewership of narrated (Isound embedded) PPT 2007 files. The LMS has two APIs for content: SCORM 1.2 or AICC. Has anyone found a way to store narrated PPTs (or take intermediate steps) to create SCORM-format output so an LMS can manipulate it? ...

Excel files frozen display online
Hi All, I'm using Excel 2000 Windows 2000 IIS 5.0 with FrontPage Server Extension on my Web Server. I'm doing: Develop several Excel application (VBA Application) and put these Excel files one line. I want my user just watch the result (Excel files) online - no save/edit online When I try click buttons on a frameset design web page, I can get the first web page on (one Excel worksheet actually) screen and then it frozen - I must click the refresh button to make it work. Strange things: 1) I never have problem with one machine which I development those Excel files and put them on ...

VNC on LAN by name?
I need to do a VNC connection to a computer on the LAN. It seems that VNC progs need an IP address. Is there any way to do the connection using the name of the computer? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.blogtalkradio.com/onetribe - Occult Talk Show In news:7v2h84FsfgU1@mid.individual.net, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <dirk.bruere@gmail.com> typed: > I need to do a VNC connection to a computer on the LAN. > It seems that VNC progs need an IP address. > Is there any way to do the ...

Looking up transactions/mystery sales in PCCharge
1) When looking up a transaction number in POS, and the only thing you know is the amount, you have to look under "recall" and try to find the transaction to get the transaction number as the "history" does not show any amounts. Then when you have the transaction number you need to go into "history" again find the transaction number you found in "recall" and then you can print. Also, it does not tell you if it was a cash, Visa, MA, DR, or AX transaction, which would be useful. This brings me to the next dilemma: 2) At least twice a week our acc...

Search engine optimization

attach multiple files to an email
I am trying to send multiple small pdf files from Access 2003 via Outlook to different districts. The problem is, that I don't know the number of attachments -- it varies by district and by date sent. It could be 1 or it could be up to 30. In my email code I tried to loop through a recordset and then keep attaching the files, but it's not working. My code is as follows: Dim cnnLocal as new adodb.recordset Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset Set cnnLocal = CurrentProject.Connection rs.Open "select Path from tblTemp_ToDistrict where DistrictID = " & rsDistrict!OfficeID...

Looking for an interest only mortgage template.
Preferrably one that would compare interest only mortgage with other mortgages. I don't see the need for a template. Interest only means you are not paying down any principal. So the only variable is the interest rate (and perhaps fees). Go with the lowest rate. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "dfelzer" <dfelzer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84B016EE-13BC-45DD-8C49-2371F5F42FE2@microsoft.com... > Preferrably one that would compare interest only mortgage with other > mortgages. ...

Mirroring excel file content
Hello, I have an excel file with a large amount of data that i need to make accessible to a large number of users in the office. There are also a couple of people who need to be able to edit this file to make changes. The porblem that we have at the moment is that those who only need read only access are currently locking the file from being edited if they open it 1st. I thought the solution might be to copy the data into a separate readable workbook using copy -> paste special -> link which i did by highlighting the entire range of rows. When i paste this into a n...

Transferring from CSV file to AS400...
This is probably more an AS400 issue, but I don't mind any input. I'm trying to import two columns of data (acct number, payment info) from a CSV file into the AS400. I've just received this error: --------------------------------------------- Incorrect decimal point in the record. Record number: 1 Error range (in Bytes): Start: 7 End: 17 PC Field Name: MPPD --------------------------------------------- There is an FDF file that is associated with the transfer and the contents include this: --------------------------------------------- PCFDF PCFT 1 PCFO 7,6,10,7...

Problem Converting large Quicken file to MS Money
I have a 4.4MB Quicken 98 file trying to convert to MSMoney but Money says "can not convert file. A 250KB Quicken 98 file converts OK. I note the help file says if there is a large of complex Quicken file it might need to be modified. But doesn't say how. Any guidance? Or is the MS Money assertation of convert Quicken files effortlessly false advertisine? Thanks My Quicken [2003] file was 40 MB and there was no problem converting to MS Mo 2004. Your problem may be related to some othe factor. You should go through your Q file and arhive prior years - - just to clean up everyt...

Sharing outlook express files
If this question is to the wrong ng apologies and please point me in the right direction! I have two computers, both running XP home, linked through a recently acquired Dell wireless router. I want to be able to use either machine for email, using the same email files. The older machine has my email .dbx files. I have shared the folder concerned and made it writable. On the newer machine (laptop) I use Outlook express tools->options->maintenance->store folder and point it at the folder on the other machine. Tells me it will happen next time I restart Express...but nothing happens, ...

look for help with a PO log
could someone point me in the right direction please. I am working on a spreedsheet that i can use for a po log. on the firs sheet i want to have a list of items (date, po number, name of vender cost and account number.) on the second sheet i need it to sort th items by the account number and date and put all the like number togeather and total them. then on the third sheet you will see th monthly cost of each line item. the part i don't know how to do is make the sheet sort by accoun numbers. thx yarbo -- yarbo ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Offline Folder File Settings button missing Outlook 2003
Hello, I am trying to get outlook 2003 into cached exchange mode but even when creating a new profile the ost file is not created. Have removed the mail profile and all outlook files from the outlook folder residing in application settings. Recreated the profile but no luck. The user cannot select work offline nor do I see the Offline Folder File Settings button when right clicking the mailbox then advanced and advanced again. What is going on? There are no policies preventing this nor mailbox settings on exchange which impact this setting. Thanks, Arp You don&...