Where does Word 2007 keep my macros, toolbar customizations etc?

I have a new computer running Win 7 and it has Microsoft Office 2007.  the
computer had a RAID 1 configuration, which means a second disk was mirroring
everything the main disk was doing.  The main disk failed, and I for a number
of reason i was force to do a fresh reinstall of Win7 and Office 2007 on a
new main drive.  I am now trying to migrate my data from disk 2 to disk 1.

I have managed to copy over all my documents, which was straightforward.
But i also to copy the macros, toolbar settings etc from 2 to drive 1, but i
don't know what files i should be transferring.  All suggestions welcome.

Best,

Bill

For the stuff that Word 2007 has in common with earlier versions, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm.

In addition, customizations of the Quick Access Toolbar that aren't
stored in specific templates are in .qat files, which you'll find in
the hidden folder C:\Users\<profile
name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office.

Many settings are stored in the registry; see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/DataKeySettings.htm. Those
won't be retrievable any more because the old registry has been
overwritten, so you'll have to visit the dialogs and set them again.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:16:01 -0800, bgillies
<bgillies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a new computer running Win 7 and it has Microsoft Office 2007.  the
>computer had a RAID 1 configuration, which means a second disk was mirroring
>everything the main disk was doing.  The main disk failed, and I for a number
>of reason i was force to do a fresh reinstall of Win7 and Office 2007 on a
>new main drive.  I am now trying to migrate my data from disk 2 to disk 1.
>
>I have managed to copy over all my documents, which was straightforward.
>But i also to copy the macros, toolbar settings etc from 2 to drive 1, but i
>don't know what files i should be transferring.  All suggestions welcome.
>
>Best,
>
>Bill
0
Jay

Formatting Lost in Excel 2007
Good afternoon, I've spent a lot of time googling but all I really came up with is that it may be due to links (which I have deleted) so hopefully someone out there will have an answer. We have a very large workbook that has been used since before 2005 that we have never had a problem with. Two months ago, we started using Excel 2007 but had no issues. In about mid-April when opening the file, all of the formatting is gone! So we assumed someone saved it as the wrong file so we copied an older version of the file and reformatted the entire thing. Saved it and reopened and no f...

Printing WORD docs from a form

macro to remove item between parenthesis
I have written a 957 page book. During the creation of the book I placed many phrases between parenthesis to help me remember characters and dates. For example I have hundreds that are similar to the following: (Amy Justice 749 -memo). I would like a macro that will allow me to delete all occurrences of (xxxxx -memo). In other words it will remove anything between parenthesis, including the parenthesis when the end of the phrase is -memo). This would be enormoulsy helpful. Otherwise I have to go through the entire book page by page searching for "-memo) and then highlighti...

Money 2007 Premium Application Error
Hi, I started getting an application error while in Money and now can't get into it at all. I get error message unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at 0x7813e792. I've uninstalled the application then reinstalled it using the CD an I get the error message. It occurs after entering my passowrd when the Home page is displayed. Any thoughts? -- John ...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Macro to split the contents in a single cell separated by "," into next cell in that column
Hi, I have sheet 1: column A column B columnC WR# Phase SP# Row2 60625 1-0110 60625RB1,60625NS1,60625GW1,60625BB1 Expected Output on clicking a button: column A column B columnC WR# Phase SP# Row2 60625 1-0110 60625RB1 Row3 60625NS1 Row4 60625GW1 Row5 60625BB1 Is there a way to split the contents in cell C2 separated by comma (,) and place it on next cell in column C itself? Ple...

Toolbar overlapped by modeless dialog
Hi I created a floating CToolbar window for my mainframe. It is working fine. But when I create a modeless dialog in my app, the dialog overlaps the floating toolbar. How do I make the toolbar appear over the modeless dialog when the toolbar is floating? Thanks in advance np ...

Encoded Word Documents

macro protection
In my macro that I wrote, I have the password to unprotect th worksheet. I would like to keep that a secret. The button a create for my macro is protected, so it cannot be change, but the user of m workbook can go into tools>macros> and edit the macro there. Is there a way to make it so they cannot view the macro code? Data still needs to be entered in places on the worksheet, but I'v designed it so that it can only be entered in specified places -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I'm not sure about how it affects the access to code through Tools.Macros.E...

VBA Macro Error
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Hello, I�m running in a pretty bad problem: If I write in MSOffice 2008 a number followed by a letter like "5a" on a new line I get an error "This command is not available in this Version of Microsoft Word" It seems that word want�s to make a lookup for a VBA script - which is not supported anymore, so in panic they write the message on the screen. But instead I really want to write only 5a. Is there a button to switch of those interpretations? It was not an issue with 2004 and not on windows. Any...

Outlook 2007 Export w/ Date
We have a need to print a list of e-mails from Outlook 2007, so we can make comments on each of them. The export seemed to be a perfect fit for this, because we could bring it into Excel, and type our notes. However the export does not include the date field. That's crazy. That's one of the main pieces. Is there any way at all to export this data and include the dates? Thanks, Jesse http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/copy_data.htm - if you need the message body, add the message field to the view and copy and paste. Note that it works best if don't need the body - or at...

Where are my saved word?

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

DPM 2007 Rollup KB 979970 is now available
Folks: The latest DPM 2007 Rollup KB 979970 is now available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=775e1a23-825f-450a-9d71-6b8c951ea748. The KB page is available http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979970 -- Thanks Praveen T [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ...

Exchange circular logging keeps switching itself on
Hi sbs 2003 standard with exchange 2003. I keep turning off circular logging in exchange but it keeps turning itself on. What is the problem and how can I keep the circular logging off permanently? Thanks Regards On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 00:13:17 -0000, "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >sbs 2003 standard with exchange 2003. I keep turning off circular logging in >exchange but it keeps turning itself on. What is the problem and how can I >keep the circular logging off permanently? Since this is SBS, I'd guess there's some sort of...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Import customizations SQL error
We have a CRM 3.0 rollup 1 test/prototype system using SQL 2005 SP1. I have exported out all the customizations which includes new entities. When I import them into a replicar new blank CRM system it generates a CRM error box saying SQL error. Please contact your system administrator. I've managed to do several imports, importing a small amount of entities in at a time. They have all gone in except for Opportunity, which I still receive the SQL error. I notice that looking at the opportunity form, that they have partly been imported in. The SQLERROR log file provides no help. What ...

MS Pub 2007
I'm using MS Pub 2007 and have a question about HTML fragments. I am attempting to insert the javascript from aWeber where a person can subscribe to my newsletter off my website (created with Pub). How can I set up a "submit" button in my publication with the script? Thanks for your help. Gary Inserted HTML code fragments will not work in an email message from Publisher. Sorry. DavidF "geedc" <geedc1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:aff5f787-ccfe-423e-b392-66227f87c16d@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > I'm using MS Pub 2007 and have a question about HT...

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...