Where can I find the "tools" button in Word 2007?

I upgraded to a new PC running Windows 7 with Office 2007. I am used to the
usage tools in Word 2000. Where can I locate the "Tools" button and the other
options that are in Word 2000? I really need to get this figured out because
I have to transfer my MT auto-correct files from my backup. Thank you for any
help!

Click on the Office (Pizza) button and then on Word Options in the bottom of
the dialog.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"swanees" <swanees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I upgraded to a new PC running Windows 7 with Office 2007. I am used to
> the
> usage tools in Word 2000. Where can I locate the "Tools" button and the
> other
> options that are in Word 2000? I really need to get this figured out
> because
> I have to transfer my MT auto-correct files from my backup. Thank you for
> any
> help!

0
Doug
3/9/2010 10:06:18 PM
There is no Tools button in 2007. The items that were on the Tools menu have
been moved to other locations.

To find the AutoCorrect Options button, click the Office button (the big
round thing in the upper left corner), click Word Options in the bottom edge
of the menu, and click the Proofing tab of the options dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

swanees wrote:
> I upgraded to a new PC running Windows 7 with Office 2007. I am used
> to the usage tools in Word 2000. Where can I locate the "Tools"
> button and the other options that are in Word 2000? I really need to
> get this figured out because I have to transfer my MT auto-correct
> files from my backup. Thank you for any help!

0
Jay
3/9/2010 10:10:14 PM
To transfer his AutoCorrect files, doesn't he simply have to copy some
specific file that contains them to some specific folder in the new
installation? (As opposed to retyping them all.)

On Mar 9, 5:10=A0pm, "Jay Freedman" <jay.freed...@verizon.net> wrote:
> There is no Tools button in 2007. The items that were on the Tools menu h=
ave
> been moved to other locations.
>
> To find the AutoCorrect Options button, click the Office button (the big
> round thing in the upper left corner), click Word Options in the bottom e=
dge
> of the menu, and click the Proofing tab of the options dialog.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup=
 so
> all may benefit.
>

> swanees wrote:
> > I upgraded to a new PC running Windows 7 with Office 2007. I am used
> > to the usage tools in Word 2000. Where can I locate the "Tools"
> > button and the other options that are in Word 2000? I really need to
> > get this figured out because I have to transfer my MT auto-correct
> > files from my backup. Thank you for any help!-
0
Peter
3/10/2010 4:11:04 AM
There are at least two files involved. Quoting
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926927, "Unformatted AutoCorrect
entries in 2007 Microsoft Office programs are stored in an AutoCorrect
list (.acl) file. The .acl file for the 2007 Office programs is
located in the profile for the user... Formatted AutoCorrect entries
in Word 2007 are stored in the default template file for the user."
The article explains how to transfer entries by copying files, and
this is the best you can do if all you have is a backup from the old
computer.

There's another method if the old computer and Word 2000 are still
running. The AutoCorrect.dot template at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/ExportAutocorrect.htm can
be used in Word 2000 to make a document containing all the AutoCorrect
entries in that version. After copying that document to the new
computer, you can use the AutoCorrect2007.dotm template at
http://jay-freedman.info/AutoCorrect2007.zip to load the entries into
Word 2007.

--
Jay

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 20:11:04 -0800 (PST), "Peter T. Daniels"
<grammatim@verizon.net> wrote:

>To transfer his AutoCorrect files, doesn't he simply have to copy some
>specific file that contains them to some specific folder in the new
>installation? (As opposed to retyping them all.)
>
>On Mar 9, 5:10�pm, "Jay Freedman" <jay.freed...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> There is no Tools button in 2007. The items that were on the Tools menu have
>> been moved to other locations.
>>
>> To find the AutoCorrect Options button, click the Office button (the big
>> round thing in the upper left corner), click Word Options in the bottom edge
>> of the menu, and click the Proofing tab of the options dialog.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Jay Freedman
>> Microsoft Word MVP � � � �FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
>> all may benefit.
>>

>> swanees wrote:
>> > I upgraded to a new PC running Windows 7 with Office 2007. I am used
>> > to the usage tools in Word 2000. Where can I locate the "Tools"
>> > button and the other options that are in Word 2000? I really need to
>> > get this figured out because I have to transfer my MT auto-correct
>> > files from my backup. Thank you for any help!-
0
Jay

Question regarding installing ESM tools
Hi everyone, Just wondering, I am running Exchange 2003 SP1. Our network is Native Mode Windows 2000. Since we moved to Exchange 2003 (from Exchange 5.5) i have had to go into the Exchange server's ADUC snap-in to create new users just for the ability to create a new mailbox with the user. I would like to be able to do this from any one of our DC's . I think this is possile if i install the ESM tools from the exchange CD on our DC's. 1) How safe is this to do considering our environment? and 2) Does it require a restart of the DC's? (which i imagine it does) thanks...

how do you change the units on the measure tools to feet and inch.
I am having difficulties finding how to change the units on the measure tool and other areas from only showing inches to showing feet and inches. Any help is appreciated. Thanks 1. Press F2 to enter Text Edit Mode and highlight the text 2. Menu: Insert > Field You wll see three list boxes, highlighted as follows: Custom Properties | Length | General units 3. In the third list box, scroll down and select Feet and Inches -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "dogbert" <dogbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7BFAD3D-4D7A-4C7D-9BEA-BDD3F96...

IE8>Tools>Advanced..Java not listed
I'm running IE8 on both an XP lappy and a Vista Ultimate PC. Both have the latest Java installed but only the XP Lappy lists "Sun(Java)" as a heading in the Tools>Advanced listings. How can I get this heading listed on my Vista installation?? Java still runs...just, on some sites, others get "Java Appelet blocked" from windows firewall, and some even give you time to go perk the coffee before the cup arrives in the Sys. Tray! lol "six-h" <sixh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E26B97B-8382-49BE-A69A-4E72103DB58C@microsoft....

tools underintensified??
I am wanting to convert my 97 db to 2002. When I open the db the "Tools" Icon is not selectable. Why is this? ...

Proofing tools office 2004 and upcoming office 2008 for mac
Hi, I'm from Germany and right now I'm in the U.S. for a couple of months. I plan to purchase the Office 2004 for mac as well as the Office 2008 version which will be launched in Jan 08. My question for you is if it is possible to add the German spell and grammar check. I know that this is not basically part of office 2004. But is it possible to download a tool which include the German spell check? If yes, how much is it and will it also work with the upcoming Office 2008 for mac? Thanks for your help. Best regards, Daniel Hi Daniel, you will be pleased to hear that Office 2004 alre...

Proofing tools included in Office 2004 Mac
Can anyone tell me which proofing tools come with a localized version Office 2004 Mac? I know for Windows that each localized version does only contain a few other languages, e.g. the English Office 2004 Mac does contain English, French and Spanish proofing tools. http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/language/localized.mspx As I needed English, German and Japanese I have got the Office Proofing Tools from Microsoft but it seems to me as if this is not available for the Mac version. So, what languages does the Mac version include? Is it the same as for Windows or does it c...

IMF: Intelligent Message Filter: UCEArchive; viewing tools?
Interested to know what tools people use for viewing safely and easily the EML messages in the UCEArchive folder, in order to check for false positives, etc. We get 1100-odd messages a day in there (inc all the stuff to non-valid users). Don't want to use Outlook of either description, and not sure how one would import multiple EML files at once anyway using these tools. Would like a tool which presents the messages in a list, just like the mail-list in Outlook, with sender, recipient, subject etc displayed in sortable columns. At the moment, we use TheBat!, which largely does a very f...

tools helping understand calculations
Hello I have to understand high volume calculations in a multisheet Excel file. Are there tools in Excel except the Formula auditing tools that could help understand? Start here http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecrets.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:OroJmqlxFHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello > I have to understand high volume calculations in a multisheet Excel file. Are there tools in Excel except the Formula auditing > tools that could help understand? > I have ...

Outlook 2000
I have recently changed ISP and cannot set up Outlook as per their instructions because the 'Service' option under Tools is not shown. (Link to instruction page below) http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/servlet/gben-server-PageServer?article=MAIN.UK.TALKTALK.STATIC.HELP.HELPDESK.MAINPAGE&topicSelect=BROADBAND&catSelect=E-mail&showFAQ=PCOUT00 When I go to Tools I get 'Accounts' not 'Services'. Can anyone tell me why? -- Thanks in advance. Bob S. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm --=81 Milly Staples...

Updating Exchange admin tools with SP1 on XP
I have the Exchange 2003 System Management Tools installed on my XP workstation and have been using them to manage Exchange without any problems. After updating the server with Exchange 2003 SP1, I tried to update the the System Management tools on the workstation. When I do this, it wants to update Messaging Services as well as the admin tools, even though Messaging isn't and can't be installed on the XP workstation. I can't select just the System Tools for update since you have to select the parent. But as soon as I select update (the only option) for the parent, it complains it...

Security on TOOLS-Options
Hi, I want to know if it's possible to remove access to role to go into TOOLS --> Options... (in general menu bar) Sylvie Hi Sylvie, No, it is not possible to remove access to that menu item. Regards, Alex "sylvie.mondoux@proximi-t.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c0001c47b03$93243b00$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to know if it's possible to remove access to role > to go into TOOLS --> Options... (in general menu bar) > > Sylvie ...

No signature in Tools/Send to/mail recipient
If I have a Word document opened and I select "Tools" then "Send To" then "Mail Recipient" my signature (including a confidentiality statement) is not included in the email. This is also the case when I try "Tools/Send to/Mail Recipient (as attachment) which is more surprising to me. Is there any way to make sure my signature and confidentiality statement are appended to all messages sent through Outlook (regardless of how the message is started)? Thanks! -- Rick B No, this is because Word only loads a stub of Outlook. If you want all settings...

Prof Services Tools Library Accidental Install
Hello: I moved a client of mine off of their Citrix environment and onto local workstations including Great Plains 8.0, FRx 6.7, and Integration Manager. This client also has the Toolkit portion of the Professional Services Tools Library (PSTL). I made a backup of the DYNAMICS database, before doing all of this during this AM. I took a look at Great Plains on the "fat" server. I clicked on sa's Professional Services Tools shortcut on the shortcut bar just to make sure that the shortcut works. It did, as the main PSTL window opened and so forth. That's good. On ...

How to become a developer of Microsoft CRM 3.0?Tools, Software, SDK etc needed?
What tools do i need to develop the CRM? Any document i can follow? What software do i use? What language do i need? Etc. Hope you get the picture. Thanks Hello, firstly, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 was launched in December 2007 and most customers are using this version, so it's probably a better idea to learn to develop solutions for CRM 4.0. There are several CRM 4.0 developer training courses available in classrooms worldwide or online, books available on Amazon, and the SDK is available on MSDN. These are the resourses I would start with. Lots of resources are also provided t...

Russian proofing tools
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3171977773_1994041 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Does anyone know whether or not any third parties have released Russian proofing tools for Office 2004? ABBYY (at apple.ru/ruspell) have a version for Office X, but apparently not for Office 2004. I am most in need of hyphenation, but also spell-checker. On a related note, from what little I know of Office for Windows, most of their featur...

Cannot find my tools option
Can anyone help me as I need to set up my account settings so I can send emails Using Outlook? Your quickest route would be to ring your ISP because they will have the server names and such that you need to fill in. If you want to try it yourself, go to Tools, Account Settings and add a new account. It gives you the option to fill in your full email address and password and tries to sniff them out and automatically put server names in, for you. With any luck that will work (never has, for me through my ISP or my own domain) but failing that, your ISP is the one to contact. "I can...

Outlook 2002 Tools-menu disappeared
Hi! I have a Outlook 2002 installation (WIN XP Pro SP2, Office XP SP3) and suddenly the "Tools" menu in the main-menubar is not displayed anymore. I searched through all the settings and also reinstalled Office XP with no success... how can I display it again ? I need to configure settings, eMail-accounts ... any hints on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated, thanx in advance! best regards, Hans ------------------------------------------------------ My eMail-address has been changed due to spam. eMail-replies can be sent to hpesata@chello.at You can delete the...

"TOOLS" menu missing from menu bar #2
"TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar in Publisher 2003. How do I put it back? Might try a "detect and repair" Meanwhile, right-click a toolbar, click customize, scroll down to built-in menus, drag the tools menu to your toolbar. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Anil Gupta" <AnilGupta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C7ADC1E-A6E9-4F01-8C06-01B92AC7B97B@microsoft.com... > "TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar in Publisher 20...

OL 2003: tools for managing a large number of email rules
I have over 40 email rules to process incoming messages and sort them into diffrent folders. Mostly these are messages for different listservs. Some are from my bank, from eBay or Travelocity, etc., Some are from specific people like my wife or kids. Problem is, how do I manage all this? Is there any way to print out the list of rules or the rules themselves? Is there any way to edit them with a third-party tool outside of Outlook? I've looked at slipstick, I've googled, etc, and I can't find anything that meets this need. I would even be willing to do a bit of VBA, if someo...

Upgrade Tools
Are there GP7.5 to GP9 tools or a documented upgrade produres available? Is this a time consuming major upgrade and how does it compare to the upgrade from 6.0 to 7.5? Thanks! The GP 9 upgrade manual has instructions on upgrading from 8 and 7.5. Chapter 11 provides module upgrade information from 7.5. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JDR" wrote: > Are there GP7.5 to GP9 tools or a documented upgrade produres available? > > Is this a time consuming major upgrade and how does it compare to the > upgrade from 6.0 to 7.5? > > Thanks! > > > Thanks!!!...

MIgration Blues, 5-5 to 2003 using deplyment tools
Hey guys, I am sure i am not the only one who is trying this on his own,Yup i am talking about mail mogration from 5.5 to 2003 using 2003 deplyment tools. I read somewhere in the Microsoft documentation that when using Exdeploy tools-- after move mailbox you have to do some post migration tasks so as to have coexistance with the yet to be migrated mailboxes ( which are still on 5.5) either one could do this manually or ADC will do it for you if it is alive. ( it basically says, ADC will create custom recipeints in your 5.5 server in lieu of Migrated mailboxes so as users who still are...

Tools cease working
Frequently my font size tool, percent tool, and currency tools on the Formatting toolbar stops working. It has no action. Other times it works. Anyone know anything about this problem before I work to establishing a pattern? Excel 2002 SP2 Windows XP Thanks. It could be a bad xlb file. Search for *.xlb and move the found files somewhere else. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "c mateland" <chuckmateland@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1151720769.895348.319380@d30g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Frequ...

Outlook 2000
I have a friend who has Tools missing from his menu bar. Can anyone help on how to get it back? Barry Restore the menu bars, see "Restore Any Toolbar" http://www.officearticles.com/misc/menu_and_toolbar_tips_for_all_microsoft_office_applications.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Oldmoondog" <oldmoondog@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:18HIe.550$jv2.474@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net... > I have a friend who has Tools missing from his menu bar. Can anyone help on > how to get it back? > Barry > > ...

MS Money's Budget tools?
Have there been any upgrades to MS Money's budget tools from 2003 to 2004? I was very un impressed with how limited 2003 was as far as setting up a budget. I'm considering upgrading to 2004, but only if the budget tools are better. Thanks! Mike If that's your criteria, don't upgrade. See http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/upgrading.asp to identify budgeting changes in the last several versions. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F3BDC72-3C25-4FCD-930E-F344CC6AEB71@microsoft.com... > Have there been any upgrades to MS Mon...

Help finding data using Tools -> Resource Descriptions
We have just recently implemented the Horizon's Manufacturing System at work, and noticed a problem with some of our costs. I would like to set a specific field for ALL BOM items to have "Add standard cost to parent" checked. I have had a look at the Horizon's Manufacturing System SDK, and I cannot see this particular field anywhere. The Finished Good Defaults window shows about a page worth of fields, but there is no data for this particular field. I also had a look at the raw data in table BOM50106 (where the rest of the F.G. Defaults are located), but none of these fields ...