whenever i want to edit the doc it says modification is not allow.

im unable to edit an existing document or want to write in a new document
where it shows me at the buttom of the page "modification is not allow
because selection is blocked" !  what should i do to unblock it as im also
using the ms office trail version?

Assuming that you have activated the application, it is almost certain that
the trial version has now expired. You only get one trial so now is the time
to buy.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"requester" <requester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> im unable to edit an existing document or want to write in a new document
> where it shows me at the buttom of the page "modification is not allow
> because selection is blocked" !  what should i do to unblock it as im also
> using the ms office trail version?

0
Graham

Merge & collate multipage doc
In Publisher 2002 I can't merge a multipage doc to collated/stapled output. Print merge seems to treat all resulting docs as one continuous doc. We just wanted to merge our staff newsletter to save the time of labelling each copy individually - how hard can it be? (Guess it's just too tricky for poor old Pub 2002.) Can anyone advise if this is the case - otherwise, how to fix it?? Much obliged - TC A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Tricky Carmel <trickycarmel@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > In Publisher 2002 I can't merge...

editing text in Word
Need help with figuring out memory problem. When trying to edit text in Word (class assignment), windows tells me it's low on memory, even with all programs closed. AFter reading the knowledge base, I tried to change the custom paging file, but I don't understand it. What should I enter in the maximum page file size? Valerie, I posted a response to this above, under the heading "Low on Memory." Sibyl On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:42:01 -0700, "Valerie" <valerie@nsatel.net> wrote: >Need help with figuring out memory problem. When trying >to edit text i...

how we can retrieve the value of edit control of combobox.
hi guys, how r u, can you please tell me how we can retrieve the value of edit control of combo box. actually i want to allow the user to input data in the combobox and then save this data in the database. i don't want to select already exist data in list box of combobox. please help me. raghunandan_1081@yahoo.com wrote: > hi guys, how r u, can you please tell me how we can retrieve the value > of edit control of combo box. actually i want to allow the user to > input data in the combobox and then save this data in the database. i > don't want to select already exist da...

Problem editing after-tax deduction
I am using Money 2003 and am having problem editing a previously entered recurring paycheck sequence with an after-tax pension deduction. My original configuration had the after-tax deduction sent to a pension account which I manually set up as an expense category. Upon further review, I thought it be better to set it up a separate account (like a bank account) similar to my other bank/investment accounts. When I went to edit the paycheck split to reallocate that after-tax deduction to the newly formed pension account, it gave me an error message stating that "the share balan...

Help Me !!! (I want to create chart is follow)
I want to create two chart is follow: I have tried but I didn't success. I can't find this chart type: [image: http://tktdn.com/images/char1.jpg] and chart: [image: http://tktdn.com/images/char2.jpg] -- robocon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ robocon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33935 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=537090 master of chart help me. Please -- roboco ----------------------------------------------------------------------- robocon's P...

OLFolders?? Want to share O 2007 account on home network
Hi, I have 2 PC's on a home network (XP + Win7) the XP PC has Outlook 2007 installed. I would like to access the mail and contacts etc from the Win 7 PC and have both update / Synchronise with each other regardless of what PC was being used for the outlook account. Can this be done> Is OL Folders the way to do it? Mike You would either need an Exchange configeration or a third party tool, one of which you have found "MikeR-Oz" <MikeROz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABD956E9-AA9B-42AF-B19A-128B62DBE13B@microsoft.com... > Hi, ...

microsoft word 2003 save multipage doc to multiple files
Hello! Is there any possible way to resolve my problem : I have 60 page document and id like to split this doc to 60 single paged files. Is there any way to do this whit some magic word option? Reagrds - HE ...

In Excell--- I want to rotate a table 90 degrees
I need to rotate a spreadsheet (11 x 8 1/2)landscape to be on a portrait (8 1/2 x 11). Is it possible to rotate a spreadsheet? you mean actually print it with what shows as the columns being the rows and vice versa? highlight the original table and as you have the last cell highlighted, note in the NAME box on the upper left the Row x Column numbers. Select a range on another sheet that is exactly the flip of those numbers (in other words, stretch until you get the Row x Column to be the Column x Row of the original size). When you have selected this new range, type =TRANSPOSE(hig...

What more advanced in allowing price adjustments at the point-of-sale?
Many customers ask about this question, "Why not disable it on default". Can anybody tell? ...

Using Drop Down box that can be edited
Hi, I have created a form in Word 2007, but would like to have the drop down box I created to also be overwritten by the user if the items in the drop box doesn't include their choice. Thanks fjcunninghamjr One possibility would be to replace one of the items in the list with a user input item. You could do this with a macro run on exit from the dropdown field Assuming the dropdown field Dropdown1, put an item at the end of the dropdown list "Enter your own value" then run the following macro on exit from that field Dim sChoice As String Dim fDD As FormFie...

Allowing Vendor to Place SQL Server Instance w/o giving customer a
We have a vertical market vendor who we bought a program requesting to place a separate SQL Server instance on our server without giving us admin rights. I understand that they want to protect their schema and want to keep us from writing to the DB, but I feel very uncomfortable with this. What would you do? Thanks. Eds Ask, what if the their queries will cause perfromance degradation and it will affect your production.... what would you do? At our company we dictate to vendor on what server to set up their program and they given very limited login to operate only with t...

allow folders in access
It's pretty common to have logical groupings of queries, reports and so on. It would be great if Access provided a grouping mechanism - via named folders or something similar - within the object management panes. For example, if I'm creating a report - MyReport - that has several subreports - MySubreport1, MySubreport2 and MySharedSubreportA - I could set things up in the Reports pane like this: - MyReportFolder [folder] MyReport [rpt obj] MySubreport1 [rpt obj] MySubreport2 [rpt obj] - MySharedSubreports [folder] MySharedSubreportA [rpt obj] Two things to note: ...

doc/view question,
Hi, I just wanted to make sure I am working correctly with the doc/view philosophy. I have 4 views (from CSplitterWnd) to output some data from four different perspectives. So basically I store the data I want to display in CMyDocument class. Then I derive four different CView classes, and overload the OnDraw method for each with the code that draws the data in the unique way. Then I "attach" these view classes to the splitter window panes with the CSplitterWnd::CreateView method. Is this the correct usage? Thanks in advance. vsgdp wrote: > Hi, I just wanted to ma...

unable to edit bill series
When I make changes to the details of a bill or deposit, the OK button doesn't work. This doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be completely frusstrating. The only way around it is to make a completely new entry, which can be very involved for a paycheck with a lot of details. I have tried restarting money and the whole computer, but that doesn't work. ...

Allowing events/macros during formula mode?
When you press "=" and enter formula mode, I've noticed that many of th controls in the toolbar/commandbar become disabled. Some however, lik copy/paste or sum, are still enabled. I have a custom commandbar, which includes a dropdown box, that I' like to be able to use while in formula mode. The commandbar itsel isn't disabled when in formula mode, but clicking on it never cause the macro behind it to be run despite the properties changing (i.e. yo can select another option in the dropdown box but the macro doesn't ge called). Is there something I'm missing? How...

Merging Docs and headers
I am using Windows 7. I have seven training documents that are completely separate Word documents and I want to merge them into one single Word document. I also want to change the headers for each of the 7 sections to reflect the subject matter. Kindly provide some assistance Create a next page break at the end of the first document. Press enter twice. Enter the header for the new section and make sure link to previous is off for all header types (different first, odd & even pages). Copy the break and one of the paragraph marks. Place the cursor on the last paragraph...

Office X demo .doc -> Appleworks .cwk
My computer has a demo version of Office X. I purchased 2 documents, at $10 each, that were sent to me in .doc format. I opened them in Word, of course. I've have no intention of purchasing Office X, but the demo apparently doesn't allow me to convert them to AppleWorks via MacLinkPlus! Does anyone how I can convert these documents before they turn to vapor in several days? I paid $20 for them! Thanks. Tom Hummer jthummer@jps.net In article 021201c46d71$2bf84740$a501280a@phx.gbl, J T Hummer at jthummer@jps.net wrote on 7/19/04 02:17: > My computer has a demo version of O...

Smartphone edition
Will Money 2006 be compatible with Microsoft Smartphone 2003 SE ? The desktop version? I'd bet not. "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BF0041D-4B36-4204-B8D5-D601E9E62B95@microsoft.com... > Will Money 2006 be compatible with Microsoft Smartphone 2003 SE ? On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 07:01:30 -0600, "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote: >The desktop version? I'd bet not. > >"Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:0BF0041D-4B36-4204-B8D5-D60...

Found a way to edit vCard name?
Here's a mildly unusual one: I've got Outlook 2000 running on Windows XP Pro. I've created myself as a contact so that I can send my contact info automatically as a vCard. The problem is, when I do that, Outlook includes my email address as part of the VCF file's name. The SMTP service we use filters that (actually just the "at" sign included in a filename) as spam. Not acceptable. I know I have the option to manually save the info as a VCF file and then manually attach it. That lets me avoid the spam filter. But I'd love to do this manually....

Multiple excel users can open the same file and edit at the same .
We are running Excel 2002 SP2. We recently moved to a Windows 2000 server and now we are running into the issue where Multiple users can open the same excel file and edit it at the same time without getting the file the 2nd time in Read Only mode. Go to Tools>Share Workbook & choose the setting to Allow changes by more than one user. The file must also be stored in a Shared network/workgroup folder. Save the fil. It is also strongly recommended that you research the feature in Excel Help to become more familiar with it before you start sharing the file. HTH |:>) "Jef...

Project Server 2007
I have a clean install of PS2007 - SP2 on WSS in a small farm environment - DB server on another box. My installation "mostly" works, however, I am receiving an "unknown error" message when I try to edit the RBS. The item gets checked out and the "unknown error" message appears on the top of the page with only the Cancel button available. I've checked the logs and don't see anything obvious, the event logs on both machines aren't showing anything and I'm fairly stumped. Any insight, ideas, things to try would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in adv...

Can my form fill in a field, yet allow me to override?
Each customers is sent to us from a salesman, and we provide service for 1-7 days before the activity ends. A new charge is generated for each day of service. Employee #1 uses the customer service form to generate a bill, and includes the name of the salesman. Employee #2 uses the form to generate a bill on the next day, and has to look up the first bill, in order to know which salesman to record. The same thing happens every day until the activity ends. With each new referral for service, there's a strong chance it will be due to a different salesman, so the customer number an...

great plains should allow negative wages to fix payroll errors
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=57737c6d-2bb2-49b6-808d-b1673ae5f563&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

Modify Protection Macro to allow formatting?
Option Explicit Sub UnprotectAll() dim wks as worksheet for each wks in activeworkbook.worksheets wks.unprotect password:="topsecret" next wks End Sub Sub ProtectAll() dim wks as worksheet for each wks in activeworkbook.worksheets wks.protect password:="topsecret" next wks End Sub How do I modify to allow users to format cells? Only been 4 minutes since your first post. Have a little patience. See reply at that post. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:14:02 -0800, Visakha <Visakha@discussions.microsoft...

edit multiple values
Hi, I have a price list sheet with item descriptions and pricing. The information is all over, not in straight colums or rows. Is there a way to have excel search out all the cells with $ values and reduce or increase by a specific %. example : Icrease or derease ever cell with a $ value by 20% Hi Eddie, It can be done with a VBA macro, Post Back if you want more. -- Hope this helps! Pat Garard Australia. apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau "Eddie" <123@abc.com> wrote in message news:L0vbb.7310$I36.4654@pd7tw3no... > Hi, I have a price list sheet with item descriptions and p...