when form created - how do I fix spaces so they don't expand

I have a form which was created by someone else (not a form template) which
is like a questionnaire with empty boxes to be completed.  When the boxes are
typed in all the margins move to accommodate the words being typed.  Is there
a way to fix/lock the original form and then just fill in the blank boxes?

I suspect this is set up as a table with auto resizing enabled. Displaying
table gridlines (Table |  Show Gridlines) will help you see what you're
dealing with. Then select the table, go to the Table tab of Table
Properties, click Options, and clear the check box for "Automatically resize
to fit contents."

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"GreenCampbell" <GreenCampbell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form which was created by someone else (not a form template) which
> is like a questionnaire with empty boxes to be completed.  When the boxes
> are
> typed in all the margins move to accommodate the words being typed.  Is
> there
> a way to fix/lock the original form and then just fill in the blank boxes?

0
Suzanne

Create user Wizard / Login Control
Good Evening everyone, Just wondering if someone can help with my problem. I created an ASP website using VB ( all in VS 2008), I created a Create User page and added a Create User Wizard Control, and I also created a second page that has a Login Control, once logged in the user is redirected to a Members page. Eveything works fine on the computer I created this on and it works on every computer I have copied it to and worked on thru VS. I wanted to put on a webserver to view in actual production, I just copied the folder with solution and all other files onto a flash drive ...

Forms Migration
Migrating from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 in the same Exchange Org. I am successfully migrating public folders but the forms associated with these public folders are not showing up when connecting to the new server. How do I migrate the forms? ...

cannot create new fields in CRM
Hi There, we are having issue wher we can no longer add new attributes, we get the error message saying "An error has occoured, for more information contact your administrator." As far as we know we haven't done anything that could have caused it, we are running small business server 2003 and CRM version 3.0 Rgds, Kyaw is the System Customizer role deleted? if it is, add the role back using the script found here: http://groups.google.com.sg/group/microsoft.public.crm.developer/browse_thread/thread/826a19aab8ff173a/80d124150a51875c?lnk=st&q=mscrm+customizer+role+de...

Error creating dates
I can't create new dates in Microsoft Outlook Calendary When i do double click nothing happens... Any idea? Thanks in advance. Reboot your computer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Virgulilla asked: | I can't create new dates in Microsoft Outlook Calendary | | When i do double click nothing happens... | Any idea? | | Thanks in advance. ...

Quick create 08-05-03
When you create a new activity from a user's home page, you have the option to choose the recipient of this activity. When you select the magnifying glass to choose the recipient, the subsequent screen has a button to create a "New" entity. However, when you select this the "Quick Create" screen which comes up does not have any fields to fill out to create the entity. Is anyone else seeing this? Is this functionality not available yet? Thanks! It does work fine for me (I see all of my Business Required and Business Recommended adding a new recipient defined as...

EXCEL, I want to create a series of calendars with dates marked f.
I have a list of all our maintenance requirements in excel. I need to produce a series of calendar check sheets with reminders of when each maintenance function is required. I have daily, weekly, quaterly, etc. I need to produce the calendars and post them for operator signature each month. Is there a better tool for this? ...

Fixed Asset in Integration Manager 10.00
Hi all i have installed Integration Manager 10.00 in my machine, but i couldn't find Fixed Asset object in Integration Manager 10.00, may i know if i left out anything on the during the Integration Manager installation so that i can integrate Fixed Asset into GP 10.00 by using Integration Manager 10.00 regards, kat and i received the message below when i tried to open the FA sample Integration: --> Could not load file or assembly "IMFAM90.GenDstProv" or one of its dpendencies. The system cannot find the file specified. please advice, thanks... "kat" wrote...

MORE DOUBLE SPACING!
Okay, so I finally figured out that to kill the whole extra line/ double spacing gibberish in Outlook 2007 I have to hold down Shift as I hit Enter. I can concede that. However, when I set up my emails like this, I then lose the automatic numbering format setup. Additionally, my signature is still way the heck out there. Why does it show up in Outlook as one line but as two lines every where else? Is it because Outlook automatically removes the extra lines when I'm looking at emails? Finally, is there anyway to have my normal spacing and eat my signature too? (Preferably without thi...

remove spaces between numbers
I have about 8000 numbers (1 digit numbers) in four columns in MS Word. The numbers have spaces between them but I dont want the spaces. Is there an easy way to remove these spaces without having to do it by hand one by hand? Use the replace function - see http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm Won't this produce an 8000 digit number? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <&g...

DPM 2010 is out of disk space for the replica
Hi everyone, I encounter this error "DPM is out of disk space for the replica. (ID 58 Details: There is not enough space on the disk (0x80070070))" I have plenty of space on my LUN... On Protection Group "Automaticaly grow the volume" is check... Any idea ? :) Stéph. Env: W2008R2 + Cluster + Hyper-V R2 + VM DPM 2010 + iSCSI DELL MD3000i Did you try to manually adjust the replica size and rerun the failed job? I just looked through my configuration and I didn't see an autogrow option for my protection groups. I don't recall this being ...

Form/Subform Problem
I have a bound form with three subforms. Subforms are all displaying in Datasheet View. I am able to make column width changes to all subforms (double-click right border or manually type in a number or drag to size), but after closing main form and reopening, changes are saved on only two of the three subforms. I have checked Properties of all subforms (numerous times) and have everything identical except for the Record Source (Query of each subform). Before closing, I click File/Save on the MenuBar and the Save icon on the Toolbar (I get a working Hourglass on both for three+ second...

Create and customize axis on all sides of charts
It would be very helpful, especially for large charts, to be able to define/create an axis for all sides of the chart. Currently you can only have a secondary axis if you have multiple data sets in the chart, but it would be great if you were able to have the chart print the secondary axis even with a single data set. If this was possible, it would make sense to have each axis be independent of the others, allowing for custom scale, units, formatting, etc. We have several professors asking for this feature, and currently they have to kludge the chart to get it. For the sake of my ow...

don't want birthdays created automtically in my calendar
HI, It's very anoing that outlook automatically creates birthdays in he calendar for every single contact. Can that be prevented? Allan ...

Add New User but no Mailbox created
To anyone be able to assist, We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003. I have added a user in Active Directory Users and Computers. It is possible to log onto the Domain as the new user. My problems are that:- 1. When the new user starts Outlook the Outlook Setup Wizard starts. The new user enters their Mailbox name and presses "Check Name". Outlook advises:- "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list." also 2. The new user does not appear in the "Global Address List". If however I check the &quo...

create a form that collects parameters
Hi, i need a form where we search for a detail and the result should be published in the bottom, based on the result the user will decide what to do next in acess 2007. i refered the link below http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA100963141033.aspx#form_param in this some mistake is there in the macro can somebody help me out. if any template for search form is available please let me know. thank you, -- Kalai Maybe something like this: http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut08.htm This could be very helpful too: http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut06.htm Al...

Can I create Outlook Distribution List from Access database?
Is it possible to create a Distribution List from email addresses already stored in an Access database. I can send an email to each individual email address listed in the database, but would like to send the same email to several of the email addresses in one go. yes you can http://library.cortland.edu/tps/materials/distributionlistaccess.pdf Jan Main wrote: >Is it possible to create a Distribution List from email addresses already >stored in an Access database. >I can send an email to each individual email address listed in the database, >but would like to s...

Creating multiple hyperlinks created in 1 cell.
Is it possible to create more than 1 hyperlink per cell in a worksheet? I need to be able to link to multiple documents. If you're willing to cheat a bit. You can add two rectangles (formatted nicely to hide the borders) over the cell, you can assign different links to each. pjfandejf wrote: > > Is it possible to create more than 1 hyperlink per cell in a worksheet? I > need to be able to link to multiple documents. -- Dave Peterson ...

Form to report
I have a form with a listbox and 2 graphs. When an item is selected on the listbox, the chart displays the appropriate informatiom. But when the "preview report" button is selcted at the bottom, the form displays graphs for ALL items in the listbox...not the one selected. I am missing passing something to the report but I don't know what. Here is the code behind the button: Private Sub Command20_Click() Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "rptTrend_HF" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview End Sub -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com ht...

Change the servicecalendar form
I need to change the service calendar form. This form should be customizeable under Serviceactivity and under Ressource. But when this form is opened the result is the Ressource-form and the Serviceactivity form. I also need to make changes to the sevicescheduling form - is this possible ? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-base...

Enumerate Controls on a Form
I would like code that would enumerate all controls on a form returning their names and types. Thank you. You should be able to figure it out from the code at: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/FixNames2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "tcb" <tbenson@mn.rr.com> wrote in message news:1194476215.293996.56820@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... >I would like code that would enumerate all controls on a form > returning their names and types. > > Thank you. > Try the TOOLS - Analyze - Doc...

OLE field on form
How do I get an ole field on a form to display full frame. At the moment, all I can get it to do is show a small (and rather blocky) verion of a .bmp file, with the file name underneath. It won't display .jpg at all - only the file name. I've played with this for a while now. "Paul Doree" <PaulDoree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How do I get an ole field on a form to display full frame. > At the moment, all I can get it to do is show a small (and > rather blocky) verion of a .bmp file, with the file name > underneath. It won...

Outlook 2007 New Form and Importing
If I create a new form in Outlook 2007 with fields that match custom fields I created in ACT will I be able to import the data in those custom fields from ACT into Outlook 2007? Thanks, Bob Outlook does not support importing custom fields without VBA code to do = so. See http://www.outlookcode.com for examples. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, BobB asked: | If I create a new form in Outlook 2007 with fie...

Creating new excel docs with links
Hello, I was wondering if I can do the below with links in excel: I want to create an application that will read an excel file that contains the names of students in a course and creates a new excel file for each of the students based on the source file. The name of each new excel file should be the name of the student. I know I can create new worksheet and then link the cells between the source file and the new file. However, can I somehow have the link create a brand new excel file with the name of the contents of the cell the link is in? For example, if I have a cell in a source fil...

3 linked combo boxes in a form Options
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the option you suggested did not produce the desired result. Perhaps if I explain further what I am trying to do, you can offer some alternatives. Shopcbo based on Shopqry based on Shoptbl. Columns in the table are ShopName and ShopID. The shop same is self explanatory. The shop ID is a field a created to match up with a field in the equipment table. Areacbo based on Areaqry based on Areatbl. Columns in the table are AreaName, AreaLink and ShopName. The area link is a field created to identify each area that a piece of equipment belongs to...

Code to clear all CheckNBoxes when a Form loads
I have 20 CheckBoxes on a Form. All are set to Triple State = No. When the Form opens, all CheckBoxes, except one, always has a solid green square in the middle. I check off all CheckBoxes, close the Form, and all will have the tiny green square in there again. Is there some setting that manages this? If not, can I add a snippet of code to clear all CheckNBoxes when the Form loads? Thanks! Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. I'm not sure why they're acting like that, but you can proba...