when form created - how do I fix spaces so they don't expand

I have a form which was created by someone else (not a form template) which
is like a questionnaire with empty boxes to be completed.  When the boxes are
typed in all the margins move to accommodate the words being typed.  Is there
a way to fix/lock the original form and then just fill in the blank boxes?

I suspect this is set up as a table with auto resizing enabled. Displaying
table gridlines (Table |  Show Gridlines) will help you see what you're
dealing with. Then select the table, go to the Table tab of Table
Properties, click Options, and clear the check box for "Automatically resize
to fit contents."

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"GreenCampbell" <GreenCampbell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form which was created by someone else (not a form template) which
> is like a questionnaire with empty boxes to be completed.  When the boxes
> are
> typed in all the margins move to accommodate the words being typed.  Is
> there
> a way to fix/lock the original form and then just fill in the blank boxes?

0
Suzanne

how do I create a line graph for part of the periods?
I want to put two line graphs on one chart but each line is for a subset of the periods. Harold - Set up the data like this: Srs A Srs B a 1 b 2 c 3 d 4 4 e 5 f 6 g 7 and Series A will cover a-d and Series B will cover d-g. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Harold Rostoker wrote: > I want to put two line graphs on one chart but each line is for a subset of > the periods. ...

Problem with Downloaded statements in Money 2006 identified
Based on the traffic in this group, many of you are struggling with the issue of downloaded statements since upgrading to Money 2006. I have had this problem since upgrading from 2005 to 2006 in October. I had tried every solution identified from both Microsoft and others that were lucky enough to get things to work, but was not able to get anywhere. After a significant investment in time, I was finally able to isolate the issue to downloaded statements that have a specific character in them. In my case, these are always part of a credit voucher where the dowloaded file has a <br> in...

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

Converting Leads to Opp/Account/Contact creates unresolved emails
Hi, We have noticed that Converting Leads to Opp/Account/Contact creates unresolved emails. We use CRM 4.0 and we are tracking all emails in CRM. When a Lead is converted to an Account, Contact, and Opportunity, the email address is copied to both the Account and the Contact. Every further email received from the customer is then unresolved in CRM. Is there a way to define what is copied so that we can have only the email in the Contact updated, and the email in the Account left blank? Thank you! -- Laura Barber On Aug 19, 5:31=A0am, Laura Barber <laura-at-progsys-dot-net> w...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Create hyperlink via macro? Word 2007
Having a problem creating a macro to insert a hyperlink in Word 2007. Here's exactly what I want it to do: 1. AFTER I highlight a few words or so in the document, I press the button/hotkeys that kicks off the macro 2. The Insert Hyperlink box comes up 3. The address bar gets prefilled with EXACTLY the same text (a lengthy, unchanging path to a file) EVERY TIME, then the macro STOPS or PAUSES running so that the user can enter a specific file name, which will change each time, thus completing the full path. 4. I click on OK and the hyperlink is created correctly. 5. We only...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

Saving changes to a previously created template
Hi I am having a frustrating time updating my paperwork to bring it all up to date, please read below. firstly create your would be template save as - name.dot or .dotx then close the template and close word down. open word open the template you just created make changes to template at this point this is where I have a problem! try and save the template with the changes with the same name I get a message saying Word cannot give a document the same name as an open document, Type a different name for the document you want to save. this worked perfectly fine in office 2003...

How to create Lookup fields
Hi ! Is it possible to create lookup fields ? During my customization I added a field mapping to contacts, created that field in the deployment manager & mapped it to Contact but on the form it's always a text field and not a lookup ,any ideas??? v1.2 of CRM does not support adding lookup fields. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 11:22:12 -0700, "Yara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi ! Is it possible to create lookup fields ? During my customization I added a field map...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

Create Virtual Directory for OWA
We have 2 servers. Our web server is Windows 2000 SP4 with IIS 5 and our Exchange Server which is a Windows 2003 Server with IIS 6 and Exchange 2003. Is it possible to create a virtual directory to connect to the exchange server from our web server? I didn't want to create a front-end/back-end server configuration but it seems like I should be able to create a virtual directory on the Win2k web server called Exchange so that users could go to www.domain.com/exchange and get the OWA interface. What do I need to do to accomplish this? You need a Exchange Front End server. There is a lot m...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...

Auto expanding legend
I have a line graph set up with 20 rows of data. Sometimes several o the rows have no data but they still have a representation on the grap legend as the data series includes this. Is there any way that I can only show legend entries for rows with dat in? Thanks Mar -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Mark - Set up an autofilter in the sheet, and use it to hide blank rows (i.e., show nonblanks). The series won't plot and the legend entries won't appear. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://...

how to solve "Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application"
Hi, I am trying to make a modalless form in VB6 that is compiled as an ActiveX DLL. When i use VC6 to instance the activex DLL, my problem appears that "406 Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application from an ActiveX DLL, ActiveX control or Property Page." I have my form in modalless style in VB6 and they should be instanced in VC. Does anyone know how to get this to work ? Many Thanks, Xiao http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=176468 -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "arbidol" <arbidol@tom...

Temporary Form with 2 Sub form Update Main Form And its Sub form ?
I have 2 table both are exactly same PatientRecordTransTb And PatientRecordTb I know many programmer don’t like TempTb, but in my case I don’t trust some one to mess with my Main record table. So simple solution is make tamp table and after review I click to transfer all records from temp Table to main Table So I have two forms . PatientRecTransFm record sources = PatientRecordTransTb PatientRecordMainFm record source = PatientRecordTb PatientRecTransFm has 2 button AddRecord And Delete Record Here is a short story of my code (NOT A Actual Code) mySQLString = &quo...

Customization to a Contact Form Does NOT Stick
Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not stick. I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form to the t. The instructions entailed going to: Home -> Settings Settings tab -> System Customization Record Management -> Contacts Add Fields -select fields to add ok - > save work On the CRM server Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization Select form customized Add Finish OK Restart IIS After performing these steps, I get b...