Web address' showing up as Hyperlinks, not blue underlined.

The web address' that I paste on my document show up as {HYPERLINK followed
by the URL address}.  I cannot CTRL click on the site to open it, I must
right click and open from the new menu.  Is there a way that I can format
these "hyperlinks" to just show up blue with underlining so that I can just
click on them to access the site?

Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display from field codes (what you're seeing now)
to field results.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Harness82" <Harness82@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The web address' that I paste on my document show up as {HYPERLINK
> followed
> by the URL address}.  I cannot CTRL click on the site to open it, I must
> right click and open from the new menu.  Is there a way that I can format
> these "hyperlinks" to just show up blue with underlining so that I can
> just
> click on them to access the site?

0
Suzanne

Creating Appointments from Web Pages
Hello All, I want to create an appointment in Outlook when the user clicks on a link on the web page. Can anybody please tell me about the ways and the tools that are available to this? Thanks in advance, Satyajit Bhagwat Use Outlook to create an appointment, then save it as an .ics iCalendar = file. Put the file on your web site and add a link to it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Activating a URL address in an e-mail....
When I used OE, if I pasted a URL address in a e-mail message, the recipient could just click on the address to bring it up. Now, in using 2003 Outlook, clicking on the address does not bring it up...the address has to be copied and pasted in the browser. Is there any way to make Outlook act like OE in this regards...and thanks? Arty ...

Saving a web page with a background sound
I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp server for my Comcast webspace. If I publish my website without a background sound it is fine, but as soon as I add a .wav file as a background sound through web properties in Publisher, I get an error that Pulisher can not save this file to the web. Does anyone have any suggestions. I forgot this info. I am using Publisher2000 and when I preview the web page in Publisher, the preview plays the sound. "Marland" wrote: > I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp > ...

Web Query Question
I'm updating sports scores in excel 2002, The first set of Columns Are the Team Names and the Final Score of the Game (These 2 columns update after each game). My other 2 columns are used for notes and other information. When ever I refresh the data, the first 2 sets of columns update, however the notes for the game stays in the same place. How do I get my other 2 columns to move down the page with the old scores. Please help, because this is driving me crazy! If I need to explain further Please dont hesitate to ask!! Thank you, Matt Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:22:00 -0800 from So...

List of Autocomplete e mail addresses
How do I view or print out a list of the email addresses accumulated in my Autocomplete function for Outlook 2003/ Thanks for your help? Davidwwgw <Davidwwgw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I view or print out a list of the email addresses accumulated > in my Autocomplete function for Outlook 2003/ You need a third-party tool for that. -- Brian Tillman You can find a third pary utility at www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm it's called Owtlook. "Davidwwgw" <Davidwwgw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C503F6C7-3137-452A-B835-18B48...

office outlook web access 8.1.375.2
The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do I as a user or as an admin, change the default settings for this truncation so more characters are displayed? > The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields > of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the > list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do > I as a user or ...

How to add the show time for Tooltip control
I want to add the show time (for example 5 minutes) or alway show tip until mouse leave the control, but seem the tooltip control can not do that. Thank you To have the ToolTip visible remain until the user moves the mouse off the control, use the Show method of the ToolTip control to show the tool tip when teh mouse enters the control, and use the Hide method to remove the ToolTip when the mouse leaves the control. "yxq" <gayxq@163.net> wrote in message news:OmHVbzreKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I want to add the show time (for example 5 minutes) ...

Offline Address Book problems...
Here's the setup: DC: Win2k sp4 Exchange: Win2003; Exchange 2003 When trying to sync Outlook 2003 I'm getting 0x8004010f error in outlook when it tries to sync the OAB. I would like to rebuild the OAB to see if that would solve the problem, but I'm not sure it will. If I do decide to try the rebuild, will it really hurt the performance of Exchange? Should I wait until after hours to do this? Thanks. Brad It should not impact the performance. Rebuilding the OAB will also likely fix this problem and would have been the first thing I would have recommended. -- Ben Win...

Web Query #5
Hello, I am using Excel 2003. Are there web pages that do not allow you to use the web query function in Excel? I have found when trying to use the Web Query, in some cases, when I click IMPORT, I do not get any results. It either comes up blank or I get a banner/message that is not on the actual page I trying to import! Thanks ...

How do I separate data in address field?
I have over 1,000 address records in a workbook and the street address column contains the house number and the street name. I want to create a separate column for the house number so that I can sort the data by street name. Are there any shortcuts to doing this without cutting and pasting all the numbers into a new column? Select the entire column and use "Text to Column" command under Data menu. To learn more about how to use this command, see the link below: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/officetips/may05/tips0503.mspx Let us know! "Baylynx&...

Viewing Access Reports on Web page prompts download
My Issue is related to knowledge base article 921025. The solution in the article fixes our problem perfectly but the issue is that every time new windows update patches are installed (once a month) this registry key is changed back to its original state. This is causing havoc because every month we have a mob of angry users who cannot view important production information until we can reapply the work around to all the pc's in the plant! Is there a more permanent solution we can put in place? What we did was switch from snp to pdf and uploading those instead. GEFanucJP wrote: &...

Address List Query
Hi, I want to create an ldap query for an address that returns only the users that are in a specific organisational unit. I have tried using the query builder but I don't find OU anywhere in the availble search criteria. So I suppose I need to learn some ldap. Can anyone recommend a good "LDAP for dummies" website? I would also appreciate any suggestions with this specific query I am trying to build. TIA, Jarryd ...

Works fine in PUB and WEB Preview
Hello all - I apologize for my neophyteness in advance. Everything works fine in PUB. When I look at the web preview it looks fine. When I publish it to disk IE'ing from the HTML works fine. When I place it on the web the links for subsequent pages in the guidance bar on the left side (the pre-canned feature in PUB) do not link. They go to a blank page. I have placed all files in exactly the same folders on the web as they are on disk after publishing. You can see it at: geocities.com/ucstrandview THanks in advance for the help. MP Publisher - Uploading Articles on publishing ...

Web Browsing on my Ameritrade
Really like the Money 2007 interface, tightly integrating the browser is a great way to integrate all the other online accounts and services. I've set up all my financial browser links and don't even bother opening the browser when I'm checking potential investments. Direct access to my bank server is so much better than the old download method. Ahead of its time IMHO. Couple of observations/ questions If anyone know someone connected with the software, I'd like to pass along a suggestion to see easier access to web favorites. Right now its a 3 click process to access ...

Writing to one trace file from Web Service
Presumably a trivial question... I want to write trace information from a web service to a log file using the Trace Class. Is this possible without closing and opening the Trace in every single web method? Code: public Webservice() System.IO.FileStream ts = new System.IO.FileStream(traceFile,System.IO.FileMode.Append); Trace.Listeners.Remove (Trace.Listeners[0]); Trace.Listeners.Add(new TextWriterTraceListener(ts)); Trace.WriteLine("Constructor " + System.DateTime.Now.ToString()); Trace.Close(); [WebMethod] public WebMethod () { System.IO.FileStream ts = ...

inventory shows as net income under Equity on balance sheet
Im new to MS Money Small Business 2004. At setup, the input of inventory shows up as net income under Equity on my balance sheet. How can I un-do or re-do this? Thanks in advance ...

Report Web Access
Hi, I need make a report to check the users of my network that access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know how i can do this? Thanks Alvaro You can use a web log analyser on the logs generated by IIS on the OWA server. Regards Paul "Alvaro" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08fb01c3db68$3b4bc910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need make a report to check the users of my network that > access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know > how i can do this? > Thanks > > Alvaro "Alvaro" <ano...

Blue Screen
I am running XP SP3. I just got a strange blue screen, while I was composing an email. All functions and processes have been operating normally all year. The screen was not specific to one problem, but suggested that a hardware or software problem had occurred - that I should first restart the computer, and if the same screen came up, I should restart in safe mode to remove the offending piece of hardware or software. When I restarted the PC, all was working normally, and continues to do so. Any idea what may have occasioned this blue screen message? -- John John wrot...

How To Import OE Addresses in Folders Into Outlook
I had asked about this some time ago after an Import inOutlook had failed to copy the addresses that wwere inside folders int eh OE Address Book. Well, the solution was quite simple in the end. I offer it for the next perosn who needs to do this. :-) 1) Create matching folders inOutlook -- if you want to -- I actually used the "Category" field instead of folders in Outlook so as to reduce clutter. 2) Create a "temp" folder in Outlook's Contacts and drag all the current Contacts into it. 3) Create a "temp" folder in OE and drag all the currect addresses _not i...

Problems with Outlook Web Access in Exchange 2003
Has anyone noticed any issues with OWA in 2003? I have had a few users where if they go into their regular Outlook, they see tons of mail from various senders in their inbox. However, when they go into their Outlook Web Access, they do not see all of that mail in their inbox. They may only see mail going to certain groups they are members of. I also have users in which if they open a new email in OWA, as soon as they close it, it disappears from their inbox. And it doesn't show up in their Deleted folder. In both cases, I can export their mailbox as a pst, delete and recreate their a...

Printing Address Book 02-05-10
I know I am the last person on earth to print an address book to put in my paper organizer. Is there anyway to print 4 pages on a page, using maunal front to back, so page 2 in on the backside of page 1. Now page 1 has page 5 on the back. If outlook can't do it do you know of an addin or something else. Thanks Deb ...

List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources http://www.geocities.com/freefreemyspace/ ...

Linking Hyperlinks into different cells
I have got a front sheet with several selections to make. This is transfered onto a hidden sheet where it uses an autofitler to narrow the search down to one row. On this row there are several numbers which I transfer onto the front page. I also need to transfer a hyperlink onto the front sheet. I can transfer the text of the hyperlink, using this: {=INDEX(K11:K304,MATCH(1,SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(K11:K304,ROW(K11:K304)-MIN(ROW (K11:K304)),,1)),0))} I cannot transfer the hyperlink itself, does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance, Gav -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Unte...

Opening PPSX files from Web Pages
Anyone else having problems where PPSX files are opening in edit mode with Office 2007? And yes, I've edited IE to make sure it's opening correctly. I've seen others with the same problem, but no fix. Does anyone know of a fix to this? In article <496A37F7-72E6-4774-994F-8816C5E69871@microsoft.com>, Jjsmits9 wrote: > Anyone else having problems where PPSX files are opening in edit mode with > Office 2007? And yes, I've edited IE to make sure it's opening correctly. > > I've seen others with the same problem, but no fix. Does anyone...

Remove and/or backup address history
Hello all, When using Outlook 2007 (or 2003 as well I think), everytime you send an e-mail, who you sent it to, gets added to a history. Does anyone know where that history is kept, and if its manageable? One of the problems we face is that if a user (even on an Exchange system) gets a new mailbox for whatever reason, the history of everyone who sent them e-mail, comes back as a bad address. They literally have to go back into the Global Address List to re-pick that user, but then the history will have two of them. It doesn't always correct itself, depending on the computer. If...