Way to get Word to go back to 100% zoom when maximized

I do a lot of copying and pasting, and consequently I often shrink a
Word doc to 75% or so view, so that I can see the entire page, when
the Word window itself has been shrunk to half of my screen (so I can
view another doc on the other side of the screen).

When I maximize one of the Word windows, the zoom setting remains at
75% until I change it back to 100. Is there a way to get Word to reset
the zoom setting, when a document is maximized?

I know if this is my biggest problem with Word, I got it made.... I'm
just wondering if this can be done. :)
0
PRR

BTW--I'm on Word 2003 in Windows XP

On May 21, 11:46=A0am, PRR <psaulm...@aim.com> wrote:
> I do a lot of copying and pasting, and consequently I often shrink a
> Word doc to 75% or so view, so that I can see the entire page, when
> the Word window itself has been shrunk to half of my screen (so I can
> view another doc on the other side of the screen).
>
> When I maximize one of the Word windows, the zoom setting remains at
> 75% until I change it back to 100. Is there a way to get Word to reset
> the zoom setting, when a document is maximized?
>
> I know if this is my biggest problem with Word, I got it made.... I'm
> just wondering if this can be done. :)

0
PRR
5/21/2010 7:14:04 PM
As far as I know, doing what you want requires a macro.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On May 21, 11:46 am, PRR <psaulm...@aim.com> wrote:
> I do a lot of copying and pasting, and consequently I often shrink a
> Word doc to 75% or so view, so that I can see the entire page, when
> the Word window itself has been shrunk to half of my screen (so I can
> view another doc on the other side of the screen).
>
> When I maximize one of the Word windows, the zoom setting remains at
> 75% until I change it back to 100. Is there a way to get Word to reset
> the zoom setting, when a document is maximized?
>
> I know if this is my biggest problem with Word, I got it made.... I'm
> just wondering if this can be done. :)

0
Stefan
5/21/2010 7:20:50 PM
Hmmm I'll try to record one, and both maximize Word and change the
view setting to 100%. I'll see if that works---or were you talking
about code here?

On May 21, 12:23=A0pm, "Stefan Blom"
<StefanB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> As far as I know, doing what you want requires a macro.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>
> "PRR" <psaulm...@aim.com> wrote in message

> BTW--I'm on Word 2003 in Windows XP
>
> On May 21, 11:46 am, PRR <psaulm...@aim.com> wrote:
>

> > I do a lot of copying and pasting, and consequently I often shrink a
> > Word doc to 75% or so view, so that I can see the entire page, when
> > the Word window itself has been shrunk to half of my screen (so I can
> > view another doc on the other side of the screen).
>
> > When I maximize one of the Word windows, the zoom setting remains at
> > 75% until I change it back to 100. Is there a way to get Word to reset
> > the zoom setting, when a document is maximized?
>
> > I know if this is my biggest problem with Word, I got it made.... I'm
> > just wondering if this can be done. :)- Hide quoted text -

PRR
5/21/2010 7:27:33 PM
Something like this can be used:

Sub ZoomAndMaximize()
ActiveWindow.WindowState = wdWindowStateMaximize
ActiveWindow.View.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End Sub

Attach the macro to a toolbar button; see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> As far as I know, doing what you want requires a macro.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "PRR" <psaulm119@aim.com> wrote in message
> BTW--I'm on Word 2003 in Windows XP
>

> On May 21, 11:46 am, PRR <psaulm...@aim.com> wrote:
>> I do a lot of copying and pasting, and consequently I often shrink a
>> Word doc to 75% or so view, so that I can see the entire page, when
>> the Word window itself has been shrunk to half of my screen (so I can
>> view another doc on the other side of the screen).
>>
>> When I maximize one of the Word windows, the zoom setting remains at
>> 75% until I change it back to 100. Is there a way to get Word to reset
>> the zoom setting, when a document is maximized?
>>
>> I know if this is my biggest problem with Word, I got it made.... I'm
>> just wondering if this can be done. :)

0
Stefan
5/21/2010 7:30:51 PM
Thanks. It appears to work regardless of the view setting that is
lower than 100%. I run the macro and the window is maximized, along
with the zoom setting reset to 100%. Thanks. I wouldn't have thought
that a macro could do this, but then again.... :)

0
PRR
5/21/2010 7:31:34 PM
You are welcome.

--

> Thanks. It appears to work regardless of the view setting that is
> lower than 100%. I run the macro and the window is maximized, along
> with the zoom setting reset to 100%. Thanks. I wouldn't have thought
> that a macro could do this, but then again.... :)

0
Stefan

How do I get started with Outlook?
I am trying to use outlook and I just can't get it to work. I put in an e-mail address and all that but whenever I go to send an e-mail it automatically goes to my outbox. What am I doing wrong? "LauraAshly" <LauraAshly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F311444-011A-4818-9252-1D35FE74CA08@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use outlook and I just can't get it to work. I put in an > e-mail address and all that but whenever I go to send an e-mail it > automatically goes to my outbox. What am I doing wrong? When you say "I put in an e-mai...

How to get POS out of Evaluation Mode?
Both of my POS softwares are running in evaluation mode. When I log in a message pops up saying I'm operating on a license that is due to expire in September and therefore it is running in evaluation mode. How do I get POS out of evaluation mode and does it have anything to do with my license? Yes, it has something to do with your license. Insert the license dongle in POS register 1. "G E" wrote: > Both of my POS softwares are running in evaluation mode. When I log in a > message pops up saying I'm operating on a license that is due to expire in > Septemb...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

How to get list of namespces ?
How to get list of namespces that are declared in an element ? -- Best regards, Oleg Subachev subachev@ural.ru "Oleg Subachev" <oleg@urvb.ru> wrote in message news:OU4HcHWdEHA.2376@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How to get list of namespces that are declared in an element ? Given that you have first positioned yourself onto an XmlElement of an XmlDocument, one of the fastest ways is to grab an XPath- Navigator and enumerate the Namespace nodes that are present. XPathNavigator nav = myElement.CreateNavigator( ); if ( nav.MoveToFirstNamespace( ) ) do { ...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

A way to create sub-categories?

I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a l.
I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a letter. I have tried using "different first page", but the letterhead keeps deleting from the first page, but stays on the remainder of the pages. What am I doing wrong. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm (for 2003 and prior) or http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/front_matter_2007.htm for details on how to have different Headers and Footers, etc. in one document.Hope this helps DeanH "rlw" wrote: > I can't get my letterhead to only appear ...

Is Excel or Word better for holding and searching data
In Microsoft Office 2003 to create a small d ata base for use by staff accustomed to Word and Excel, which is the more useful for (1) easy retrieval of information, and (2) possibly putting onto a web page? I'd definitely use Excel for this. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Ione" <Ione@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:A7500E03-AF10-4D9F-9E56-887DF6E3DE51@microsoft.com... > In Microsoft Office 2003 to create a small d ata base for use by staff > accustomed to Word and Excel, which is the more useful for > (1) easy retrieval of information, and ...

customer on hold should get warning on recurring batch posting
If a customer is put on hold after a transaction for it is saved in a recurring batch, the system will still let the user post the batch without any warning. Please include the GP functionality to get a message prompt or warning that the user is posting a batch that includes transaction(s) for batch recurring. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion ...

When I type numbers in currency all I get is #######
After I type an amount in a cell, it turns to pound signs as soon as I go to the next cell. How can I fix this? Amanda Make the column wider -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "mommy4shane" <mommy4shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CAD94EE-EC45-4C10-9402-DBC94723CCD4@microsoft.com... > After I type an amount in a cell, it turns to pound signs as soon as I go > to > the next cell. How can I fix this? > > Amanda It could mean a few things. 1. The columnwidth is too narrow to show the number. Widen the colu...

Sending Word Document as an attachement.
I have a word document that I need to send it as an attachment to an XML file. Basically, converting into byte array or using some encoding mechanism. This has to be done through XML serialization in c#. Is it possible to do it through xml serialization ? THanks, --Emily *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! I would convert the Word document into Base64 encoding first. Open the XML Document and insert the Base64 encoded text to the appropriate node. -- Victor Hadianto http://synop.com/Products/SauceReader...

change "save location" in MS Word 2007
I wish to change the save location to "my documents." It can't be done. If you browse and click to get the correct location, Word won't save it. If you type it in, Word says "access denied" when you try to save. Please advise. And I'm not even going to ask why Microsoft changed this option. I've yet to find a change in Word 2007 that is helpful. I also haven't found any helpful changes in Word 2007, but I think I know how to do what you're asking. Click on the Office button and select "Word Options." Click on "Adva...

How to Get Rid of Surfboard Shim Object View Message
I had to reinstall everything on my computer after a crash. I reinstalled my MS Money 2007. Now every time I click on a tab or want to do something I get this message about Surfboard Shim Object View. I've opened, saved, and cancelled it and it still keeps coming back. How do I get this to stop? Thanx In microsoft.public.money, Toni Black <Toni Black@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I had to reinstall everything on my computer after a crash. I reinstalled my >MS Money 2007. Now every time I click on a tab or want to do something I get >this message about Surf...

Getting error in outlook
hi steve here i am getting error in outlook o/s : 98 Error: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Errors have been detected in the file C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool. any help would be appreciated >hi steve here >i am getting error in outlook >o/s : 98 > >Error: >Unable to display the folder. >Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. >Errors have been detected in ...

How do I get the gradient at a point on a curved graph?
I have a plot of experimental data and I inserted an exponential trendline that fits the data very well. I'd like to "differentiate" the curve as I need its gradient at certain points; as in I need Excel to draw the tangent to the trendline at a given point and tell me its equation. Can anyone help me do this? Thank you all so much. I don't think Excel knows how to do this as a built in thing. Extract the coefficients of the trendline to a worksheet (using a worksheet function such as LOGEST or a utility that will extract trendline coefficients to a worksheet). Then ...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

Only able to get 1 email downloaded
I have both Outlook 2002 and Outlook Express set up with multiple accounts with Road Runner. Whenever I do a send/receive, I able to only receive 1 message per session. I would have to re-start my computer to get another. I have 3 accounts and it seems only 2 get processed and the server gets interrupted (per error message). I am using windows xp and have Norton Internet Security if that matters. I tried not having emails scanned, disabling the firewall and anti-virus but same results. Please help. ...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Getting rid of Alt + Enter
I inherited a workbook and the person used Alt Enter a lot. I want to get rid of it. Is there a way to do find/replace on the special character that causes the line to wrap? I tried reformatting and I got the info on one line but an additional character was added (looks like a small rectangle). I would try Ctrl+A, then Ctrl+H, and while holding the ALT key down, type 0012 with your numeric keypad inside the "Find What" box. Then press Replace All. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I inherited a workbook and the person used Alt Enter a >lot. I ...

Word 2003 Forms (JUMP TO Fields)
I am creating a word 2003 form and was wondering if it is possible to skip fields depending on the selection in a drop down menu. ie. QUESTION: Is there a requirement for a COSHH Assessment ? DROP DOWN ANSWER-----Yes/NO If yes just go to the next field box if NO then Jump this section to another section/Field further down the form? Any takers? -- Regards Martin D It is possible, but only with a macro. The basic idea of changing which form field is "next" is discussed at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/SetTabOrder.htm. The macros in that article can b...

I want to keep the alert when you get a message
Is there a way to disable that alert when the message is junk email? No. Windows Mail New Mail notification does not distinguish between wanted emails and junk emails. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Danaj3" <Danaj3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:A5FD130A-FEEA-4556-AC71-713B1F8714A0@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to disable that alert when the message is junk email? No. How would it know you call it junk? Danaj3;1662266 Wrote: > Is there a way to disable t...

linking entire word documents
I would like to link two identical documents. The source document is placed on server X, the target document on sever Y. Changes on X should automatically appear on Y. Is that possible, and how? Thanks for responding! Hi Michael, Yes, via Insert|File (Word 97-2003) or Insert|Object|Text from File (Word 2007) and choosing the 'Insert as link' option. Also check out the INCLUDETEXT field entry in Word's help file. Using an INCLUDETEXT field, any changes to the source file will be reflected in the destination file. Plus, if you edit the linked data in the destination f...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...