want questions

Hello Everyone,

I want some set of questions on Word-2007 to check competency level of the
user. Please help.

--
Ananta Gupta

Ananta, please refer to my other 2 postings: just check out the WORD part.

Thanks.

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

> Ananta, please refer to my other 2 postings: just check out the WORD part.
>
> If my comments have helped please hit Yes.
>
> Thanks.
>

> "Ananta Gupta" wrote:
>
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > I want some set of questions on Word-2007 to check competency level of the
> > user. Please help.
> >
> > --
> > Ananta Gupta
I beleive that everyone has to learn that some one took the time to teach
your expletive. competency wow a word that is at best a degregation of our
ability to understand the implications of our actions. I have this semester
destroyed not one but 3 new computors. Due to the mere fact that support is
inadiquate at best. i made Sony HP and palm as well as sprint want to cry. Oh
let me not forget telling the davis drug guide support personel to look up
the definition of support. because they seam to have missed the entire
chapter on what they need to know before they take the job.

"Ananta Gupta" wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I want some set of questions on Word-2007 to check competency level of the
> user. Please help.
>
> --
> Ananta Gupta
WHEW! Somebody's got issues...
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix

"Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I beleive that everyone has to learn that some one took the time to teach
> your expletive. competency wow a word that is at best a degregation of our
> ability to understand the implications of our actions. I have this
> semester
> destroyed not one but 3 new computors. Due to the mere fact that support
> is
> inadiquate at best. i made Sony HP and palm as well as sprint want to cry.
> Oh
> let me not forget telling the davis drug guide support personel to look up
> the definition of support. because they seam to have missed the entire
> chapter on what they need to know before they take the job.
>
> "Ananta Gupta" wrote:
>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> I want some set of questions on Word-2007 to check competency level of
>> the
>> user. Please help.
>>
>> --
>> Ananta Gupta

0
Gordon
5/5/2010 7:44:22 PM
At least when some of us have issues, we're able to spell them
sufficiently correctly and express them with sufficient grammaticality
that others can interpret what they are.

On May 5, 3:44=A0pm, "Gordon Bentley-Mix" <gor...@NOSPAM.exmvps.org>
wrote:
> WHEW! Somebody's got issues...
> --
> Cheers!
>
> Gordon Bentley-Mix
>
> "Doug" <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > I beleive that everyone has to learn that some one took the time to tea=
ch
> > your expletive. competency wow a word that is at best a degregation of =
our
> > ability to understand the implications of our actions. I have this
> > semester
> > destroyed not one but 3 new computors. Due to the mere fact that suppor=
> > is
> > inadiquate at best. i made Sony HP and palm as well as sprint want to c=
ry.
> > Oh
> > let me not forget telling the davis drug guide support personel to look=
 up
> > the definition of support. because they seam to have missed the entire
> > chapter on what they need to know before they take the job.
0
Peter
5/5/2010 8:48:53 PM
Indeed!
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix

"Peter T. Daniels" <grammatim@verizon.net> wrote in message
> At least when some of us have issues, we're able to spell them
> sufficiently correctly and express them with sufficient grammaticality
> that others can interpret what they are.
>
> On May 5, 3:44 pm, "Gordon Bentley-Mix" <gor...@NOSPAM.exmvps.org>
> wrote:
>> WHEW! Somebody's got issues...
>> --
>> Cheers!
>>
>> Gordon Bentley-Mix
>>
>> "Doug" <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > I beleive that everyone has to learn that some one took the time to
>> > teach
>> > your expletive. competency wow a word that is at best a degregation of
>> > our
>> > ability to understand the implications of our actions. I have this
>> > semester
>> > destroyed not one but 3 new computors. Due to the mere fact that
>> > support
>> > is
>> > inadiquate at best. i made Sony HP and palm as well as sprint want to
>> > cry.
>> > Oh
>> > let me not forget telling the davis drug guide support personel to look
>> > up
>> > the definition of support. because they seam to have missed the entire
>> > chapter on what they need to know before they take the job.

0
Gordon

Question about formatting addresses
Question about formatting addresses I have a big column of addresses John Doe 123 main St. Portland, OR 97227 Jane Doe 123 main St. Portland, OR 97227 I want to format them so they are in their own column John Doe | 123 main St. | Portland, OR 97227 Jane Doe | 123 main St. | Portland, OR 97227 Is there an easy way to do this? Please help. Dan -- garriott ------------------------------------------------------------------------ garriott's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24700 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thread...

Newbie e-mail question
Hi all. I'm new to this site and would appreciate some formatting help. I created a new Word doc and copied and pasted some graphics and some simple text boxes in to it. The graphics and text boxes were created in Powerpoint by someone else. Looks fine on my screen. Before sending it out via e-mail to an Outlook e-mail group I have, I first sent myself a test message to see what it would look like on the receiving end. It looks a mess! The text boxes are all over the place, as is the text that is not in a box. Also, everything slide over to the left hand margin a little bit, so the e...

I.E 8 performance question
Is there anything that I can do to make my I.E 8 run faster? It takes about a minute to load up my home page (google.ca) upon start-up; and when I click on one of my bookmarked pages (on the toolbar) I.E's so slow at loading the pages! Another question. When I click Add-Ons, a window pops open but I can't see any of the add-ons (I can't scroll down or left/right to see the list; everythings blocked off). Anyway that I can fix this? And what might your Operating System be and at what SP level. How much RAM and how much empty space on HD -- Peter Please Rep...

excel question borderline programing
here is what i am trying to do. lets say i want cell a1 to reflect upon cell b1. b1 can represnt 1 of 2 things what ever it may be. if b1 contains lets say x or (2pm-6pm) to make cell a1 represent an (*). but if b1 then has y or somthing like (req off) make a1 either be 0 or better yet be blank. is this possible? email me dkuhl75@yahoo.com. thank you duane Hi Duane, Put =IF(B1="x","*","") in cell A1 if you want it to return blank or =IF(B1="x","*",0) if you want it to return 0 HTH Martin ...

Next automation question: keeping my app active
When I execute a go-to-slide operation via PowerPoint automation, the PowerPoint presenation pops to the top (desirable) and becomes the active app (undesirable). I've tried all of the tricks I know of to try to get focus back to my app and keep it active, but none of them seem to work because PowerPoint is off *becoming* active; when it finally gets around to activating, it steals focus from me. Short of something grotesque, like a timer polling for deactivation and forcing reactivation, I'm stuck. Any automation gurus have an idea of a better way to handle this? thanks joe...

Exchange 2003 Licensing question
We are a small company of only about 35 employees. We currently have Exch 5.5 and will be upgrading to Exch 2003. Unfortunately due to our large email store we will be force to get the Enterprise edition because we are just over the standard edition's 15 gb message store limit. I was under the impression that an Office 2003 Pro license includes a CAL for accessing Exchange 2003. What I am being told by a sales rep is that Office Pro does not include a CAL to access Exch 2003 therefore I have to buy a CAL for each user. Is this correct? The ironic thing is this. If I buy a CAL ...

Check box question
I made up a form template using tables and check boxes. But I'm having trouble getting the form into useable shape. If I "lock" the form when I am finished when I open a new document using the template I can enter text just fine but I can't check any boxes. To do that I have to unlock the form, check the appropriate box, and then lock it down again. BUt the oint of the form is to have a handy way to enter text AND check the boxes. Any suggestions? Where did you get the check boxes from? If it was the Control Toolbox toolbar, that's the wrong place...

Wanted: Tips on Flicker-Free Draw Scrolling
Hello. An old project of mine draws stock charts on a picturebox called pctChart. On this pctChart, a routine called DrawChart is used to draw OHLC or Candlestick price bars. After the bars are drawn, the chart tools are drawn over them, such as lines, boxes, etc. This is done in RedrawTools. Currently, I can scroll this chart by either double-clicking the chart, holding down the mouse button on the second click, and dragging the mouse to a new location. After the mouse is let up, then the draw is redrawn in the new location. Or, I can press and hold the Left or Right arro...

Accounting question
This is not an Excel question but I know there are experts here who I know will provide an answer. There is an estate of a deceased person to distribute. Net value is £112k which includes the value of a car (£2500) Two persons are the beneficiaries. Person A - has sold the car for £2500 and has had £3000 as an interim payment There is £106500 in the bank to distribute. How much does A and B get in cash so that each has had an equal share of the total estate? It should be simple but whatever I do it just doesn't match the figures I've ...

VLOOKUP Question for New User
I have a list of 800 items I must look up from one worksheet and enter the price on another worksheet. The worksheets are not similar. Using a common item number that appears in both worksheets, will VLOOKUP do this for me? In other words copy a price from one worksheet to the proper column in another worksheet? Let's say that your common item numbers are both in column A =VLOOKUP(A2,OtherSheet!A:H,8,False) will pull the data from column H of the OtherSheet. If you actually have a separate workbook, then the formula will be slightly different, but not significantly. HTH, Berni...

Relay question #3
Hi, I have exchange 2003 running on Windows Server 2003. It works fine. However, I have a customer that regularly visits the office and tries to access his emails from my network. His email is separate from my exchange box. When he tries to send emails, he gets the following error: 501 This system is not configured to relay mail from 'his email address' to 'xyz@yahoo.com' What do I have to do? Thanks ...

Exchange 2003 Per-User Recipient Limit question
I know the Global Recipient Limit is set to 5000 by default in Exchange 2003, but I was wondering if that limit is overriden by a Per-User Recipient Limit setting, or if the Global Limit overrides everything. For example, I have a few users that need to be able to send to the entire global address list (over 7000 people)....if I set the Per-User Recipient Limit to 8000 for those users, but leave the Global Recipient Limit at 5000, will those select few users be able to send to all 8000 users, or will the Global limit prevent that? Thanks, Greg Hey Greg, If I understand the question co...

Compress seq data. I want to pay to make it work.
Hi This first step is written in VBA but if you can do it in VB it is even better. I want to compress "tick"-data (ie trades) from a file into another file. In the target file I want to chunk the data into 15 minutes activity (or other number of minutes) and summorise it into date, time, open, high, low, open and volume. I have managed it with days but minutes is harder. I have 3 cells in a worksheet that I have given the names: Sourcefile, Sourcefolder and Targetfolder. And I have added "eod" (EndOfDday) at the beginning of the target file. Below have I put parts...

i want to protect ms outlook as outlook express using password
You can assign a password to a PST file so that you'll be prompted when opening Outlook. Right click on the root of your folders, choose Properties, click Advanced, click "Change Password" "vittal" <vittal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC49E780-DEB9-447B-B2A9-A05973337D85@microsoft.com... > ...

Cell Ref
Good Afternoon, I have a macro that is writing from one workbook to another. After it has finished opening and writing it's initial data, it calls this macro and writes a special cell value to the front page. Though this works fine, I want it to be a cell reference (linked value) vs. static. Ive tried a couple ways unsuccessfully and was wondering if you might have some ideas on how to accomplish this. Thank you - Roger Sub WritetoMainPage() Dim irow As Long Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws = Worksheets("Sheet1") irow = ws.Cells(1, 12) _ .End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Row ws....

to: questions
When I press to: to go to the dialog box to select a recipient an select some names and press to:, the names come across correctly bu others come across as ; (semi-colin). There must be an error in som of my contacts which I need to fix but I can't find any difference between the "good" & "bad" entries...any ideas ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

worksheet change question 04-02-10
I want to be able to enter a time, using "." instead of ":", so that when I enter the number, then press "Enter", the number changes from, say, 13.27.33 to 13:27:33. But I am having to reselect the cell to get it to change. What is wrong with my code? Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Selection.Replace What:=".", Replacement:=":", LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _ ReplaceFormat:=False Selection.NumberFormat = "h:mm:ss" End Su...

an instalation question
I have installed the program twice it has crashed, how do I install again as when I do it tells me I've aleady registered? ...

Reporting question 08-23-07
I'm trying to figure out how to use the report builder to pull data from my incident base and from some of my custom fields in the incident extension base. Has anyone had any luck doing this? J. Hi Jeremiah, any reason for not using filteredincident view which contains all base incident fields as well as all custom fields. In addition, user security is honoured, dates are converted to local, pickup lists and lookups are expanded to include verbose name. Bar the monstrosity of the view, a win-win approach. Hope this helps -- George Doubinski CRM Certified Professional - Developer...

Outlook Question
What causes url links not work? I'm experiencing problems with it, and cannot get them to show the URL Links. Clicking the Links doesn't help. ...

Excel output question. this is difficult to explain sorry!
OK I have a business where I take orders for certain stock #s (I have a stock list of part #s and sizes for those part #s). When a customer orders, they will write what # of parts they want of each of the sizes, or just not write anything if they dont want it. The top row is the sizes, down the sides are the part #s...and across (under the sizes, are the quantity of each they want) For example, this is what two lines of my spreadsheet/ordersheet could like: Sizes 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Part # x45l2 ...

I want guidelines on top of images and text
I'm using Publisher 2003. Is there a way to show the guides on top of images and text boxes? I can see the part of the guide that is uncovered, but how am I supposed to see the part that is covered by images and text boxes? Thanks You can create lines on top of the guides and bring those to the front, just don't forget to delete them before you print. Keep your text boxes transparent. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "audball" <audball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B83E...

i want to mail merge 1 address per postcard 4 to a page,
I have postcards preprinted on one side. I have made a publication using mail merge to add addresses. But I have 4 postcards on a page when I do the mail merge I am getting 4 postcards with the same address. How do I get one address per card but do 4 to a page? What version Publisher? In some earlier versions the print preview showed all the addresses the same, it was/is a Publisher bug. In Publisher 2007, once you have your postcard created --- File, print merge, on this screen, select multiple copies per sheet and landscape. There is a print preview on this screen. -- Mary Sauer ...

Configuration Question
How do I make the email address of a user visible when a person replies or forwards a message from someone in our exchange organization? Take the following example. If Alice (alice@my.org) sends Bob (bob@my.org) an email (no this is not a security question) and bob subsequently forwards the message to Carol, Alice's message will be included in the forward with an abbreviated header which looks something like: ----------------------------- From: Alice Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 To: Bob Subject: whatever ----------------------------- If Alice sends to someone outside the organization, sa...

Drop Down List Questions
Hi, I have a couple of problems with drop down lists I was hoping to get some help on: 1) The drop down lists appear with the list displayed in the middle of the list instead on the first item, can that be changed so the list appears at the top of the list instead of in the middle? 2) Two of the columns are an item name (A) followed by the item number (B). Is it possible to have the item number in column B enter automaticly based on the name I select in column A? Thanks in advance, Tagg Hi for the second question you may use VLOOKUP. See: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlooku...