View formatting in draft view

I used to know how to view an on screen list of the formatting for each
paragraph in draft view, but I have forgotten how to do this, and I can't
find it in help.  Please help.
--
Dana

I believe you are referring to the style area. In Word 2007, you can enable its display at Office button | Word Options, Advanced category: "Style area pane width in Draft and Outline views."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"danappofc" <danappofc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E1C59D86-9CC0-46FE-8EB5-5AF0E1444F1B@microsoft.com...
>I used to know how to view an on screen list of the formatting for each
> paragraph in draft view, but I have forgotten how to do this, and I can't
> find it in help.  Please help.
> --
> Dana

0
Stefan

Viewing Outlook Email Send & Receive Status
Somehow I have deleted the message percentage status that appeared at the bottom right of the Outlook screen when sending and receiving messages from the internet. How do I recover this feature? Any help would be appreciated. Frustrated Any version information would be appreciated. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Andrew Knisely asked: | Somehow I have deleted the message p...

Conditional formatting
Is there a way to use conditional formatting so that if the contents of a single cell changes, then the entire row in that table will change a color. I know it can be applied to the cell, but can it be applied to the entire row? Thanks. Select row 1 as an example. Format>CF>Formula is: =$A$1="OK" Note the $ signs. If you want to copy this to other rows, make it $A1 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:28:13 -0700 (PDT), Dave K <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to use conditional formatting so that if the contents >of a single cel...

Drive letter still there but says not formatted now
Weird. D: appears to be still there but when I click on it, it says drive is unformatted, do you want to format? Any ideas how to fix this? If I do choose to format, what are the chances of recovering files that were on there before format? How about a little background, sparky? If you format you'll lose everything on it. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "BertieBigBollox@gmail.com" <bertiebigbollox@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2a7b5fef-ca36-489b-ab7e-cfc96cd7f1ae@24g...

Can i use conditional formating on a cell when it contains a formula? #2
=mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1 -- si ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26784 Hi the reason for this is that thie formula returns a string and not a numeric value. Change the formula to: =--mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sit wrote: > =mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1) OR ... Change your Conditional formula to: =&quo...

Deleted Permission Admin account (Address Book Views).
Can anyone tell me how to recover or add a new Permissions Admin account to the "Address Book Views"? The user account holding these rights was deleted by one of my predisessors. Exchange only reports an ".\Unknown Account" with Admin Role in the Permissions tab of the "Address Book Properties"-page. I'm using Exchange 5.5 SP5 on a Windows 2000 member server in a Windows NT4.0 domain. Thank you. The site services account should be able to do it. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Rola...

Count the cels with the same collor made with conditional formatting!
Hi all, Who nows how i can count the collor cels (red-green-yellow) in my worksheet! I'm using conditional formating to collor them. I need the sum of all cels with the same color to put them in a chart. Thanks! Greetz, Jan ;-)) Hi Jan have a look at this previous discussion http://tinyurl.com/3xr9b -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Freesurfer wrote: > Hi all, > > Who nows how i can count the collor cels (red-green-yellow) in my > worksheet! I'm using conditional formating to collor them. > I need the sum of all cels with the same color to put them in a ...

Print to file: What format?
Hello, When a user checks the "Print to file" radio button in a print dialog, in what format will the file be and how can it be used? Thanks, John To quote an MSDN article: "The Print To File feature can come in handy if the printer on which you ultimately want to print your document isn't attached to your system. For example, you might be sending the final document to a service bureau to be printed on a high-resolution printer. When you use this feature, you can save the file in a special format that contains raw printer data specific to the selected printer. When you s...

Viewing Subject Index Details
Is there any way to view the details (description) about a subject other than in the settings section when you "edit details"? It seems surprising that this information would not be available to users anywhere else in the system. Many Thanks Cathy Allington The user should be able to get to this information by simply "double-clicking" on the Subject. Repro Steps: 1.) Open the new Case form 2.) Choose a Subject, click OK 3.) Double-click on the blue, underlined "link" that is the Subject's Name 4.) A read-only version of the Subject Details dialog will lo...

How does one view two separate pages within the Publisher main win
I have figured out how to "Insert" a second page either before or after the current page, but am unable to scroll from one to the another. Is this not 'doable' within Publisher? The only way I am able to view both pages is to print the entire document. Thank you. ReBell in MS Try View - Status bar. Look in the lower left corner of the Publisher screen -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "rebell" <rebell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3450ED-BA78-47FE-B286...

Changing Mail Format to HTML/Plain Text Doesn't "Stick"
I am having trouble with about 30% of the people I send e-mail with attachments to. If I manually force plain text (usually HTML is not an option) by changing the Internet Format property on the e-mail address, the attachments always come through. However, the default property seems to always be to let Outlook decide the best format (which must be RTF and people can't receive). Via Options/Mail Format, I have "Compose in this message format" defaulted to HTML. In Internet Format, I have Outlook Rich Text Options set to "Convert to HTML format". I've tried "Co...

Number self formatting
If I type in an integer value into a cell it gets divided by 1000. What do I do ? Alannes, Sounds like the fixed decimal places is set. Go into Tools>Options>Edit, and see if the Fixed Decimal check box is checked. If so, uncheck it. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Alanness" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c4501c3fb27$cf196470$a501280a@phx.gbl... > If I type in an integer value into a cell it gets divided > by 1000. What do I d...

Unable to view mail
Hwllo, I have 3 problems with Microft Outlook 2000 The preview pane is grey and shows the text "This item contains active content that cannot be displayed in the preview pane. Open the item to read its content" No matter what message I select, I get this line. I cannot oopen email. Doubleclicking a subject does nothing. MAil is being delivered though - I can see the mail headers in the window I cannot open the address book. If I choose 'tools-address book' I get a message window saying "an erro roccurred while attempting to open the windows address book. Unable...

2003 Form fields losing formatting in 2007
Hi there, I have some forms, created in Word 2003, which when opened as a .docx, all form fields revert to Times New Roman font but if they are opened as a .doc, they are in the correct font of Arial. Anyone got any ideas why and how I can fix this? Thanks very much. This doesn't make any sense. Documents always open in the format in which they are saved. What *exactly* are you doing? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com ...

Change Date format
Hi we receive raw data in this date format. i tried using the format cells--> date --> choose the mm/dd/yy format ..but it does no work. Could there be something wrong with my excel settings (exce 2000). Thanks for your time. Apr 10 2004 2:55PM regards.... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Excel has stored the values probably as 'Text' after the import. Try the following: 1. format the cells with the format MMM DD YYYY hh:mm AM 2. Select an empty cell 3. copy this empty cell and select your range with the imported values 4. goto 'Edit - Paste Special...

Date Format Questions
how do I get this =((DATE(2005,12,30))&" YTD") to look like this Dec 05 YTD Right now I have a Cell that look like : 38716 YTD Hi =TEXT(DATE(2005,12,30),"mmm dd")&" YTD" Arvi Laanemets "Mestrella31" <mestrella@mxn.com> wrote in message news:F523D264-3CC1-40E0-A371-1D1C21D8F4F7@microsoft.com... > how do I get this > =((DATE(2005,12,30))&" YTD") > > to look like this > > Dec 05 YTD > > Right now I have a Cell that look like : 38716 YTD or you could just format the cell as mmm dd \YT\D -- H...

Add-on recommendations
Any recommendations for an add on that allows users to view all activities associated with a particular contact/account ? Our sales people want to see a single screen that summarises all activities against the account (or contact) regardless of what entities the activities are recorded against (ie account/contact/opportunity/order/invoice …). Thanks In Advance Bill Check out Customer Effective or c360 "Billy Wallis" <BillyWallis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02D32237-AF64-44AD-A2B2-7B4AB1D55CC4@microsoft.com... > Any recommendations for an add on...

conditional formatting form using OR
I have a form with the following fields: Address1, Address2, and CurrentAddress. I would like to use conditional formatting that will convert the font for CurrentAddress if it does not equal Address1 OR Address2. For some reason, the conditional formatting doesn't seem to work properly. It's almost like Access is using AND instead of OR, so I'm not sure how to use OR. Thanks in advance for your help!! I'm using the following conditional formatting for CurrentAddress-- Condition 1: Field value is not equal to [Address1] Condition 2: Field value is not equal to [Add...

Adding hyperlink to view detail
Hello, I have a basic filter on a field which populates the results. Now I'm trying to add a hyperlink for every result - opening a new window to detail view. ClientID Custname Show Detail 11111 Roberts (Hyperlink to = 'Roberts' view product detail) Is this possible? Thanks in advance. ...

Outlook view control and one process
Hello - We have run into an issue here where an add-in that was written using VSTO2005 for Outlook is running into a conflict with OVC if OVC and the Outlook Client are both running at the same time. It appears to be because they share the same process. I won't bore you with too many details but, we are running Office 2003 pro sp2 and have all the prerequisites for the add-in to function properly (which it does) as long as you are accessing it from either OWC or the client... not both. Is there a way to force OVC to use it's own explorer process? Thoughts welcome. Thanks in advan...

conditional format #21
I would like a cell to turn red if I enter L or PB. Normally I would use a 2 conditional formats 1 for L and 1 for PB, but I need more than 3 conditional formats. Is there a way to combine the one for L and PB? When setting up the conditional format, set condition 1 to "Formula is" and use a formula like this: =OR(A1="L",A1="PB",A1="X") You can set as many conditions as an OR() statement will accommodate: 30. Thanks Dave that worked great. "Dave O" wrote: > When setting up the conditional format, set condition 1 to "Formula is&q...

Copy Saved Views
Is there a way to copy save views? I would like to convert some Saved views to System Views. I have never seen a way and am interested in this functionality as well. ??? "Lee" wrote: > Is there a way to copy save views? I would like to convert some Saved views > to System Views. ...

Too many clicks! Available formats box
Hello folks I have a client who is unhappy with the amount of clicks in Word 2007. One particular frustration is the Insert Date and Time Available Formats box. Is there anyway to get Word 2007 to just insert the default Date without the additional steps of the format box? I know to the average person, it's not a big deal but this user lives in a pressure cooker and needs the useability of Word 2007 to make things faster, not slower. Thanks for your suggestions! Bill Hole MCTS, SBSC Ask the client to add the Date & Time command to the Quick Access Toolbar ...

Notebook layout view issue
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3221819567_796743 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit The title of section tabs doesn�t appear in the notebook layout of my Word 2004, i.e. Not a single word can display on the tab... Is it a bug? --B_3221819567_796743 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Notebook layout view issue</TITLE&...

Date Format #17
I would like to convert a date that I've input from another program. When I input it I get 'Aug-28-2008. I want it to just be a regular date - so it would be *8/28/2008 if I were to select it in Format Cells. It says that I have General as the Category selected. When I switch it to Custom - nothing seems to happen. Any suggestions? First create a small table in the worksheet: Jan 1 Feb 2 Mar 3 Apr 4 May 5 Jun 6 Jul 7 Aug 8 Sep 9 Oct 10 Nov 11 Dec 12 and assign the name: nmths to the table. Then, with your data in A1, try: =DATE(RIGHT(A1,4),VLOOKUP(LEFT(A1,3),mnths,2,FALSE...