Very Strange

Hi

I have a Word 2007 document.  In this I am using 3 different heading styles.
 I want to use the feature 'Select Text with Similar Formatting' but it is
not working.  I have 5 headings that are all Title Case, size 10, Times New
Roman, Left aligned and Bold there is exactly the same formatting applied to
all 5 headings - I even checked the paragraph spacing - all headings are 0pt
before and 12pt after.  I checked show and hide - everything I repeat
everything is the same - can you tell me why oh why will this feature only
select 3 of my headings and not the 5????

Please help it is driving me insane...

Many thanks and kind regards

--
Kind regards

Ann Shaw

If you display the Reveal Formatting pane (Shift+F1), can you then find any
differences between the three paragraphs that are being selected and the two
that aren't?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Annie" <Annie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a Word 2007 document.  In this I am using 3 different heading
> styles.
> I want to use the feature 'Select Text with Similar Formatting' but it is
> not working.  I have 5 headings that are all Title Case, size 10, Times
> New
> Roman, Left aligned and Bold there is exactly the same formatting applied
> all 5 headings - I even checked the paragraph spacing - all headings are
> 0pt
> before and 12pt after.  I checked show and hide - everything I repeat
> everything is the same - can you tell me why oh why will this feature only
> select 3 of my headings and not the 5????
>
> Please help it is driving me insane...
>
> Many thanks and kind regards
>

> --
> Kind regards
>
> Ann Shaw

0
Stefan

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

Strange Email failure error
Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been able to send emails to my wife's work email address until this week, when I get this very strange failure notice. "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed. Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new connections. Please try later I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long." Does anyone know what the hell this means? thanks -- Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk www.gbpcomputin...

Very Strange
Hi I have a Word 2007 document. In this I am using 3 different heading styles. I want to use the feature 'Select Text with Similar Formatting' but it is not working. I have 5 headings that are all Title Case, size 10, Times New Roman, Left aligned and Bold there is exactly the same formatting applied to all 5 headings - I even checked the paragraph spacing - all headings are 0pt before and 12pt after. I checked show and hide - everything I repeat everything is the same - can you tell me why oh why will this feature only select 3 of my headings and not the 5???? ...

why this strange result with vlookup
hi i have this formula in a cell =VLOOKUP(A3,'LookUp Data'!A2:O740,2,FALSE) but any time i pick a code from my list items in column A it gives #NA but as soon as i change to a different code it gives the name. any help why My best guess would be a data type mismatch. Looking up text in a column of numbers. When you change the value the type gets converted and the result is returned. Hard to say though based on yoru description. The ohter thig to look for might be blank characters padded at the end of the input. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Amin" wrot...

DestroyWindow ASSERT problem....strange, strange!
Hi I have derived a dialog-class in a DLL (shared MFC) I can construct an object of this class in my app, and when overloading DoModal() and adding an AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState( )); call, I can see the CMyDialog dialog. But here is the issue, I have a timer set for a certain time, it posts a message and the dialog has to be killed - so I use CDialog::OnCancel. Then DoModal calls DestroyWindow() - Here a copy of the m_hWnd is made in hWndOrig. #ifdef _DEBUG hWndOrig = m_hWnd; #endif Then m_hWnd gets set to Null by ::DestroyWndow (which calls OnNcDestroy). But later in Dest...

Strange behavior #3
Hello. I use Outlook 2003 with a internal pop/smtp server (Merak). Using Oulook 2003 (it's the case for all users in the company), when we send mails to internal addresses, in the recipient mailbox our address doesn't appear, we are considered as ghost users! But, if on the same PC we use another email client (Outlook express for example), the mail arrives with my address as sender! Does anyone feel a ghostbuster? Thanks by advance. ...

strange Icon
I'm running Office 2007, and always back up my files to a flash drive which I can then open in my laptop. The "Icons" always look normal until today When I backed up an Excel file. The new Icon on the flash drive has a big exclamation mark (!) in the center of it!! I have reviewed the file and can't find anything wrong with it -- have been doing this for years and have never seen this before. Will someone please tell me what this means!! The icon in my "documents and settings", where the file was saved originally is normal. big john This is a cross post wi...

strange
hi, why if I load Dialog from satelite DLL it display with white background? When from local resources its ok. thanks ...

Strange problems
All, A standalone Exchange 2003 SP2 server acted up the other day and needed to be restated. After the first reboot it only stayed stable for about 10 minutes. After the second, it's been running but generating the errors listed below. I ran the "Performance Troubleshooting Analyzer" and "Troubleshooting Assistant" tools from Microsoft's websites but didn't get anything that was too useful. Any suggestions? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 3/28/2007 Time: 8:44:43 AM User: N/A C...

Too Strange!!
Today I had a user receive a NEW email from another user in the company (it showed up as a new email message and displayed the new email notification message) - the strange thing is, the email had a sent date that was over a month old. She tells me that she remembers receiving this exact same email on the actual send date which was over a month ago. I checked her inbox - which is in her personal folders and there is only one copy of it which has the sent date from a month ago. I've seen this happen before but could never figure it out. It's almost as if an old email turns up ...

strange problem with ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler
Hi all.. I programmed an application that has a dialog containing a tree ctrl. On that tree ctrl I'm showing a popup menu when user right clicks on it. The problem I'm having is concerning enabling and graying of popup menu items. I have this in BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP: ON_COMMAND(IDM_NUEVO_PRODUCTO_CONSOLA, OnNuevoProductoConsola) ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(IDM_NUEVO_PRODUCTO_CONSOLA, OnUpdateNuevoProductoConsola) The first strange thing is that OnUpdateNuevoProductoConsola handler is being called when I click on the item, and not when the item is shown Another strange thing, is that if I g...

Strange color "smudge"
A cell in one of the spreadsheets I've been working on has developed a complexion problem! I noticed this afternoon a small smudge of color one of the cells near the top. The color is whatever I select in the Windows "Appearance" box for 3D objects. It looks like someone drew it with a sharpie or something. Just a short vertical line, about an 1/8 inch long in the lower left of the cell. If I change column widths of the column it's in or nearby, or change row height, it will be in a different column or row but in the same position relative to the overall window the spreadshee...

This is very strange....
In Windows Live Mail Desktop, my messages are suddenly coming in as text only, even though I've set up to receive HTML from my safe senders list. Also, my MAPI account has mysteriously lost several folders that I set up to store different styles of messages. This has all occurred within the last day or so. Alt + T, Options, Read tab, uncheck Read all messages in plain text. Alt + V, Layout, Folder pane, check Show Storage folders. Look under Recovered items. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "robertwnielsen" <robertwnielsen@discussions.microsoft.c...

Strange password error
Hi, I have a strange problem with Money 2004. When I booted my machine, a message popped up saying there was a problem with Money Express (?), then another message saying there was a problem with Money and I had to insert my installation CD. In the mean time I had started up Money. It seemed to open OK, I typed my password in, the file opened, then Money immediately shut itself down. When I reopened Money, it wouldn't recognise the password for my file. I tried reinstalling Money, but it still wouldn't take the password. I checked a backup of my file from my archives & that open...

strange statement in Settings.Designer
Hello! At the end is the complete code for file Settings.Designer.cs I can't understand this statement ((string)(this["NorthwindConnectionString"])); in this NorthwindConnectionString propery public string NorthwindConnectionString { get { return ((string)(this["NorthwindConnectionString"])); } } namespace WindowsApplication1.Properties { [global::System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGeneratedAttribute()] [global::System.CodeDom.Compiler.GeneratedCodeAttribute("Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editors.SettingsDes...

Strange message's in queue
Hay, I am running SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003, this computer connects to the internet through ISA server that resides on another w2k server! Over the past few weeks lots of messages are in the queue that dont seem to be real. Here is some information that I have put together to help; SBS Connector - 0451.com 22 messages to random usernames@0451.COM (INVALID EMAIL) from postmaster@disability-federation.ie SBS Connector - 0733.com 10 messages to random usernames@0733.COM (INVALID EMAIL) SBS Connector - 006.com - Sender: postmaster@disability-federation.ie - Subject: <Subject Hidden>...

opens to a strange black page
Sometimes, not all the time, when I open Excel I get a blank page. Not a normal blank spreadsheet but a page that is pure white with no 'right click' ability. At the top is the ability to change to a single or multi-page view and a slider for zooming, but no data, no pull-down menus and no way to enter data. If I close the application and restart it, it usually comes up in the normal manner. The blank page does not allow data entry or any modification to it except to scale the window. It is a minor inconvenience but I am geting tired of it. Any ideas? ...

strange?
Why new group?? > Why new group?? Why not? ...

Strange search behavoir, Outlook XP & WinXP
Running Outlook XP on Windows XP Pro. User searches for a name (for example) in his Inbox. This user has a few thousand messages so search takes a while. The first items that come up are from Oct 7, 2003; then it lists items backwards in date until the oldest messages are all listed. Finally it starts popping up the current messages. Any ideas why it's starting the search from a particular PAST date? ...

Strange emails/strange ndr's
Hi, Recently, we have been receiving some strange emails. I have our exchange server set up to send out an email to a certain user when we receive an email that couldn't be delivered, i.e. if the sender gets the domain right, but botches the username. In the past few weeks we've been receiving lots notices for failed deliveries to our domain. It looks like somebody trying to guess usernames in our domain, but they're not having any success. I thought that maybe someone was trying to spam us, but since they weren't getting through, I thought no more of it. Then toda...

Strange subform error
Hey, this is a question about an A2000 database, I have a main form, frmParts. This is linked with tblParts and has PKs Part_No and Eng_Rev. There is a subform on it, sbfDimensions. The subform displays tblValidPartDimensions and has PK Dimension_No with FKs Part_No and Eng_Rev. So these are linked by Part_No and Eng_Rev. The problem happens whenever I add a new record and start to type on the main form. The subform fills in automatically with Dimension records already saved instead of being blank and allowing child record entry. However, when I save the record, go to another record, an...

Strange Alphabets
Along with all the english junk mail I get I find a few every day with odd alphabets. I think they are Russian and sometimes Chineese. Is there a way to set up a rule to get rid of this stuff? Thanks. Ira Solomon wrote: > Along with all the english junk mail I get I find a few every day with > odd alphabets. I think they are Russian and sometimes Chineese. > Is there a way to set up a rule to get rid of this stuff? > Thanks. Depends on the version of Outlook which you neglected to mention. As of version 2003, you can select to junk any e-mails that don't use character set...

Strange Invisible Workbook
Hi all, I have a user that has managed to do something to an excel document she had been working on that causes it to open up invisible. When she double-clicks the file she gets the macro warning box. No matter what you click on here (Enable or Disable) the document opens up blank. You can see the toolbars and excel is still running so I know the program has not crashed. I have tried the hide/unhide option, nothing. When you select print preview option it says "Microsoft Excel did not find anything to print." I check properties and the document size is 52 KB so she did not over...