Underlined formatting comments in Word 2003

Some days ago I got some good tips from readers in this forum, re  unwanted
red colored, underlined, formatting comments in plain documents.  Comments
which I printed, but somehow have lost.
These comments have now popped up in some other document. When I am inside
this document, it seems as if  I really managed to get rid of the formatting
comments. Then I save the document in normal way, then exit from Word 2003.
Next when I open up the same document, those underlined comments come up
again.

Feel like a little swearing !!

--
___________
Knut Willy

0
Knut

Double-click TRK on the status bar to turn off Track Changes. Then, on the
Reviewing toolbar, click Accept All Changes in Document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Knut Willy" <kwjakset@c2i.net> wrote in message
> Some days ago I got some good tips from readers in this forum, re
> unwanted red colored, underlined, formatting comments in plain documents.
> Comments which I printed, but somehow have lost.
> These comments have now popped up in some other document. When I am inside
> this document, it seems as if  I really managed to get rid of the
> formatting comments. Then I save the document in normal way, then exit
> from Word 2003. Next when I open up the same document, those underlined
> comments come up again.
>
> Feel like a little swearing !!
>
> --
> ___________
> Knut Willy

0
Stefan
11/29/2009 5:10:00 PM
"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> Double-click TRK on the status bar to turn off Track Changes. Then, on the
> Reviewing toolbar, click Accept All Changes in Document.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP

_____________________________________

Thanks Stefan.  It worked.

--
___________
Knut Willy

> "Knut Willy" <kwjakset@c2i.net> wrote in message
>> Some days ago I got some good tips from readers in this forum, re
>> unwanted red colored, underlined, formatting comments in plain documents.
>> Comments which I printed, but somehow have lost.
>> These comments have now popped up in some other document. When I am
>> inside this document, it seems as if  I really managed to get rid of the
>> formatting comments. Then I save the document in normal way, then exit
>> from Word 2003. Next when I open up the same document, those underlined
>> comments come up again.
>>
>> Feel like a little swearing !!
>>
>> --
>> ___________
>> Knut Willy

0
Knut
11/29/2009 6:12:10 PM
I'm glad I could help!

--

> "Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
>> Double-click TRK on the status bar to turn off Track Changes. Then, on
>> the Reviewing toolbar, click Accept All Changes in Document.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>
> _____________________________________
>
> Thanks Stefan.  It worked.
>
> --
> ___________
> Knut Willy
>

>> "Knut Willy" <kwjakset@c2i.net> wrote in message
>>> Some days ago I got some good tips from readers in this forum, re
>>> unwanted red colored, underlined, formatting comments in plain
>>> documents. Comments which I printed, but somehow have lost.
>>> These comments have now popped up in some other document. When I am
>>> inside this document, it seems as if  I really managed to get rid of the
>>> formatting comments. Then I save the document in normal way, then exit
>>> from Word 2003. Next when I open up the same document, those underlined
>>> comments come up again.
>>>
>>> Feel like a little swearing !!
>>>
>>> --
>>> ___________
>>> Knut Willy

0
Stefan

How do I format all worksheets in a workbook at one time ?
I want to create a workbook that has all worksheets formatted in the same manner. Is there anyway to do so without formatting each worksheet separately ? yes, Right click on any sheet tab, Select "Select All Sheets" from the pop-up menu. Have fun formatting the active sheet. When done take a look at any sheet and the formatting is done on ALL the selected sheets. Dan Knight "EBrock" wrote: > I want to create a workbook that has all worksheets formatted in the same > manner. Is there anyway to do so without formatting each worksheet > separately ? Dan, l...

posting a " Message" format folder in Public Folder
How can I post a " Message" format custum Folder on Public Folder? Meaning: I want to create a Cutom Form and post it on Public Folder, but it has to be on " Message" format, so when someone sees that on public folder, they can add stuff and " REPLY" or " CC:" to it. Please help, no matter what I do it doesn't work. Thank you The easiest method is to mail-enable the PF and then address your message to it as a recipient. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, a...

condtional formatting
Hi i just wanted to know how to condtional formula a date, basicall people dont work on 25/12/** (** = whichever year) as it is Xmas day therefore i would like to condtional format this cell. Lets say the Date is in cell A:1, i went to: 1) Format 2) Condtional Formatting 3) then i am not sure if i should leave the drop down as 'Cell Value or changed it to 'Formula'. Also am not sure what to put into the formula bar, thats if it i 'formula' that has to be selected in the drop down at the conditiona formatting dialogue box. Can anybody please help me.. regards -- Messag...

Outlook 2003 #270
I have installed OL 2003 on Windows XP. When I test my account with my ISP, it works fine. I receuive the automated test repsonse. When I click on Send/Receive, however, I get an error message: ....object cannot be found... (OX800401OF) Anyone familair with this problems? Thank you, Hi, read http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289969 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch Bravestar2004@Arcor.de Join me in my Forum @ http://www.andreas-roeder.net/phpBB2/index.php "bjones54" <bjones54@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6CA4...

Outlook 2003
When will the upgrade from office 2000 be available? October is a date I've heard mentioned. "Tor" <Morne@cdiglobal.com> wrote in message news:0d9601c36bd6$ea38a4e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When will the upgrade from office 2000 be available? Tor wrote: > When will the upgrade from office 2000 be available? Please enlighten us as to what, exactly, this has to do with Publisher? -- Perdita X. Dream Please help us to help you http://groups.google.com http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Please note that the reply add...

comment before opening hybrid query
Hi all, i coded some queries that by proccess needs to be rebuild one after another is it posible to give some comment before some is trying to open a query before rebuilding another table by another query? so the relations will not be cutten On 23 May 2007 08:28:31 -0700, thread <yaniv.dg@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >i coded some queries that by proccess needs to be rebuild one after >another >is it posible to give some comment before some is trying to open a >query before rebuilding another table by another query? so the >relations will not be cutten You can ...

Date Format Question
Hi! everyone. I hv one Excel date format question. The excel show the date as follows: 5/9/2017 0:00:00 (under the format of d/m/yyyy h:mm) This is definitely is a wrong date. When I change the format to GENERAL, it show like this 42983 Anyone can help me to change to the correct date? Thank you very much -- vitalit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vitality's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2726 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50559 So what it is supposed to be? Exce...

Can I change the comment default font
I would like to be able to customize the font that is used when adding a comment to a cell. Is there a way to do this Assuming you are using windows. either right click the desktop and select properties or do start>control panel>display, then select appearance, scroll to tooltip under item and there you can change the background and font (Tahoma default). Note that it will have an effect on other programs as well Regards, Peo Sjoblom "stp_paul" wrote: > I would like to be able to customize the font that is used when adding a > comment to a cell. Is there a w...

Code for replacing underlined text with underlined blanks througho
Appreciate if the gurus here can show me some way out here. My problem statement is simple. * I am creating a pub file with many pages, with each page containing many objects including TEXT boxes. Text boxes contain text and some of the words are underlined. * I would like to run a macro which can replace ALL the UNDERLINED text to UNDERLINED spaces. This would help me create two pub files, with one file containing the filled text and the other where words need to be filled in. Currently I am doing it manually, and this is taking a lot of time, and not to speak of maintaining TWO...

Tracing dependents
Is there a way that I can highlight all the cells in a worksheet that contain values that are used by formulas in other worksheets/workbooks? -- Michelle Perhaps this, although it will show all dependents on-sheet as well and not just those off-sheet Sub ShowDeps() Dim myrng As Range Dim myrng1 As Range Dim myrng2 As Range With ActiveSheet Set myrng1 = Intersect(.UsedRange, _ .UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, 23)) Set myrng2 = Intersect(.UsedRange, _ .UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 23)) E...

OWA 2003 can't view Global Address List
Hi everyone. We just setup a new Exchange 2003 server. OWA works fine but when someone creates a new e-mail and clicks the To ... tab the GAL does not come up. The FIND NAMES box comes up immediately. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks. That's not really an issue. That's how it works... at least until Exchange 2007. You can query the GAL, but not browse it. "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:AoRbg.50345$Kn4.27799@bignews2.bellsouth.net... > Hi everyone. We just setup a new Exchange 2003 server. OWA works ...

Excel limited cell formats
I have run into Excel's limit on 4000 cell foremats. I have since split the excel workbook into two separate workbooks. My question is, how can I launch these from a template and have the two workbooks link with each other, My original workbook has 25 separate sheets within the workbook for a total of 3.25mb size. I have a whole slew of macros assigned to different command buttons. Mike Johnson ...

how to open publisher 2003 files in publisher 2000
i have files created on a friend's maching with publisher 2003. i have publisher 2000 on my machine, and am unable to open the files. receive message to the effect that "publisher can't open files from a previous verison". help! Your friend can save the document as a 2000 file. Have her/him resend it to you. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "djg" <djg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F67D02F-C409-4957-A17C-3280724F1ECB@microsoft.com... >i have files created on...

Conditional Formatting???
Acceptable multipliers are 1 thru 12 ... Is there a simpler way to write this other than ... or(a1,a1*2,a1*3,a1*4,a1*5 etc etc) Thanks ... Kha Ken, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, or what your question is, but perhaps the following formula will work: =QUOTIENT(A1,12)=A1/12 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Ken" <Kenneth.H.Allen@pw.utc.com> wrote in message news:0e3801c38cd2$d87d7fb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Acceptable multipliers are 1 thru 12 ... Is there a > simpler way to write this oth...

Outlook 2003 #152
When I send a new email from Outlook 2003 I would like the contacts list to be the default after I click new (email recipiant). It defaults to Address. Thanks CHHCK On 20 Apr 2004 12:17, "CHHCK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I send a new email from Outlook 2003 I would like the contacts >list to be the default after I click new (email recipiant). It >defaults to Address. > >Thanks CHHCK > Tools | Address Book | Tools | Options. At the top of that dialog you can specify which address book gets shown first. At the bottom of that d...

Excell
Can anyone help - Im finding that if i Cut an entire row which has cells in it that hve Conditional Formatts and Insert that row elsewhere in a workbook that the conditional formatts get all messed up, this seems to be a glich with Excel 2000 - does any one know of any fixes - it doesnt do the same think in Excel XP. Please email me if you can help or know how i can ask microsoft direct without it costing me a fortune Jim, My guess is that the Conditional Formatting is using a formula rather than a cell value. It may be the relative/absolute cell references in the formulas. Give de...

Word 2007 error when trying to insert an object link.
I get the following error when I try to add an object link to a visio 2007 drawing: "The program used to create this object is Package. That program is not installed on your computer. To edit this object, you must install a program that can open the object." I'm able to add the drawing as long as I don't check the 'Link to File' option. Unfortunately, our company policy is to link to the file. The file is stored in SharePoint and I give the entire path to the file. When the file is stored locally everything works fine. This has me stumped and any...

How do I convert a publisher document into a Word document?
I need to be able to adjust this document in Adobe. I know that you cannot convert a publisher document straight to a pdf file, you need to first convert it into Word. I need to know the procedure to convert this Publisher document to Word. ahand wrote: > I need to be able to adjust this document in Adobe. I know that you > cannot convert a publisher document straight to a pdf file, you need > to first convert it into Word. > > I need to know the procedure to convert this Publisher document to > Word. 1) "I need to be able to adjust this document in Adobe"...

formatting text
Is it possible to use multiple font formats in a string? Such as italicizing some words, varying color and using small caps? On Mar 11, 9:03 am, "SteveR" <sruss...@removethisinnernet.net> wrote: > Is it possible to use multiple font formats in a string? Such as > italicizing some words, varying color and using small caps? Yes. But these are not properies of a string but the control which displays the string. Look at RichEdit Control to do this. --- Ajay To add to Ajay's post this class might be interesting to you. Perhaps you could extend it: http://www....

Reserved words get 'redefined'
Hi All, A couple of times I've 'redefined' reserved words such that I end up corrupting my database (Access2K). For example, I set up a query and set a field's name to 'DESCRIPTION'. From that point forward, Access thinks I'm referring to the 'DESCRIPTION' as opposed to Description (as in MsgBox Err.Desciption). I recover by going to my backup copy of my development database and recreating anything that I've changed after confusing Access. Does anyone know if, buried in the guts of the database, I can correct this type of error? Perhaps in a ...

Why is the content of all my emails going out underlined?
Can you help? All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I receive one back from my original it is underlined. I have been advised by mail recepients that my email content is underlined. Does anyone know how I can stop this? "Sally W" <Sally W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DC904DA-536E-45FD-9F5D-19056A2A5EEA@microsoft.com... > All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are > HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I r...

number formatted cell
If I am typing in 19 numbers in a cell (that has been formatted to number) to keep track of account numbers, it puts zeroes at the end and only 15 numbers are showing. If I go into another cell and choose text first before typing and then type my numbers you can see all the numbers, but when I try to go and change the number formatted cell to text the number still does not change unless I retype the number. Is this the way this works? yes excel only keeps track of the first 15 digits in a number, if you entered more digits as a number,they are now lost. "Pam Coleman" wrote...

Feature Request: 3D Data/Formatting
Is it just me, or would anyone else find it enormously helpful if Excel supported layers within sheets where you could overlay cell borders, colors, etc. in line with the underlying data cells? 3D data would be less helpful to me, but it seemed like it could be of some benefit to someone out there and would contribute to a broader "standard" implementation of the idea of layering. A use case of this might be having a table with data with all the column widths, etc. set for appropriate presentation, then overlaying translucent coloring and cell borders over that. The layer could supp...

Bug ??
Hi In Excel 2007, I am highlighting two columns of data (%) and creating a new Conditional Formatting Rule. I create a traffic light format with green > 80%, amber between 75 and 80 percent and the rest as red. HOWEVER I then get inconsistent formatting - ie it seems to be ignoring the 80% cutoff. Of the data, I get green for 89,90,98 - anything >= 88%, amber for 86,87, then red for anything else. If I go into Manage Rules, Edit Rule - the thresholds are correct. Can anyone help me here? This is driving me mad. George Hi George Try using 0.8 rather than 80% as your...

Conditional Formatting #34
Hi Everyone, I highlighted cells H3:S1002 and entere *=AND(C3<>"",ISNUMBER(MATCH(C3&D3&E3,$C1:C2&$D$1:D2&$E1:E2,0)))* fo Conditional Formatting but only the cell in Column H (instead of al the cells in Columns H to S) is formatted where C, D and E match. I my formual incorrect? If so, can someone give me the correct formula. Thanks, Gos- -- Gos- ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gos-C's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...