Unable to print document.

Hi,

I have a user that is trying to print this word document.
She is able to print the document if she decides to print the whole document.
However, when she only some pages. I.E. 2-9. She is unable to do so.
MS word however shows no error. There are no print outs either.
I tested it with another document and was able to do the above.

Is there any settings that could be changed to enable her to print the range
of pages she wanted?

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826218

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Xavior" <xaviorlamb@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a user that is trying to print this word document.
> She is able to print the document if she decides to print the whole
> document.
> However, when she only some pages. I.E. 2-9. She is unable to do so.
> MS word however shows no error. There are no print outs either.
> I tested it with another document and was able to do the above.
>
> Is there any settings that could be changed to enable her to print the
> range
> of pages she wanted?

Graham
4/19/2010 5:45:32 AM
Probably she needs to include a section number; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/PrintMultipleSections.htm or the "Print
specific pages and sections portion of
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051895811033.aspx?pid=CH060829711033.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
http://word.mvps.org

"Xavior" <xaviorlamb@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a user that is trying to print this word document.
> She is able to print the document if she decides to print the whole
> document.
> However, when she only some pages. I.E. 2-9. She is unable to do so.
> MS word however shows no error. There are no print outs either.
> I tested it with another document and was able to do the above.
>
> Is there any settings that could be changed to enable her to print the
> range
> of pages she wanted?

Suzanne

HOW PRINT 4X6 CARDS
Need to print 4x6 cards for notes and speaches in office product I use 4x6 index cards for postcards. The following is based on Publisher 2000 but it may be close for your version. Setup your project by first selecting File Print setup select 4x6 from the paper size drop down menu Select Landscape or Portrait Now select Range Layout guides Margins Create Save and Print -- Don Vancouver, USA "STEAKS1" <STEAKS1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBC50712-682B-44A4-8070-D8750FA752F9@microsoft.com... > Need to print 4x6 cards for notes and speaches i...

Changing from One Side to Two Sided Printing
I've got a spreadsheet with multiple tabs. To change from one sided printing to two sided printing, it seems that I have to go to each tab, click on page setup, on the page tab select options and then change from one sided to two sided printing. I can't select all of the tabs and do this change globally. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better (easier) way to do this? Thanks, Bill Allen Group the sheet: click on the first tab; hold SHIFT;click on the last tab Now set the printer option BTW: You have a WORKBOOK with multiple WORKSHEETS. "tabs" are the do-hick...

Printing Barcode Font in RS2008
We have several reports that use custom barcode fonts, and these have been working happily for ages. We have recently deployed our reports to a sql2008 instance and have hit a big problem. The Report Previews correctly in Reporting services (i.e. the user sees the barcode) The report previews AND prints correctly in VS2008. but... When we print from Reporting services the barcodes font is not displayed (gibbersish characters are displayed instead). We have checked that the users all have the barcode fonts installed locally. We have also installed the barcode fonts on t...

Printing Comments
When I print my spreadsheets the "notes" I've inserted do not print. HAVE gone to View - Comments and they are all showing and I have als gone into Page Setup on the Sheet Tab to attempt to modify th "comments" setting but the box is greyed out ?????? :confused -- choskin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- choskins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1631 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27709 Close the Print Preview window In Normal view, choose File&g...

Print range macro
Hi How would I print this range, Range(Range("A1"), ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell)) on a single page using landscape format? Thanks. Isn't this what a normal print will do anyway? If not, how does it differ (landscape apart)? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "nc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04f101c52e28$b74d4070$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > How would I print this range, > Range(Range("A1"), ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell)) > on a single page using landsc...

Unable to open calendar

Printing in Publisher
When printing a two-sided tri-fold brochure in Publisher, one side comes out up side down. How do I get the brochure to print correctly? Thank You It's a printer setting. ] File Print Setup Properties Features Two sided printing Book (rather than tablet) -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in the Americas! "Glenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11c1d01c3f58d$68498b70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When printing a two-sided tri-fold brochure in Publisher, > one side comes out up side down. ...

2007 multiple sheet printing
How do I print multiple sheets of labels in 2007? It worked fine in 2003. -- Dave Dave wrote: > How do I print multiple sheets of labels in 2007? > It worked fine in 2003. ======================================= File / Pirint...choose 'Multiple copies per sheet'... enter the number of pages X the number of labels... Example....5 pages of labels @ 30 labels per page... Enter..... Number of copies = 150 -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may n...

unable to scroll the page

trouble printing entire workbook with different page layouts
I have a workbook with about 10 worksheets. Some are setup to print "portrait" and some print "landscape". In previous versions of Excel, I had no problem printing this type of workbook - the pages work print according to thje page setup for each worksheet. In Office XP the landscape pages print in different layouts - some print on 2 halves of portrait, others reduce to fit the page! I have tried using the macro from Microsoft, but it doesn't work. Does anybody have a solution that works? The printing of workbooks, with some sheets set for portrait and others fo...

Print Advanced Find Criteria
I have users who have requested that when they print the advanced find results they would like to also have the advanced find criteria printed. This would enable them to know what specifically the printout consists of when viewed at a later time. Any ideas? Hi Steve, Print screens cannot be customized. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com "Steve Bambauer" wrote: > I have users who have requested that when they pr...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

?WordArt, When Printing, First Character Has Dark Background?
Using Word or Publisher 2003, using WordArt, sometimes the document, including the WordArt, looks fine in Print Preview, but when I actually print (B&W is all I've tried), the first character of the WordArt has a dark background. If I have two WordArt objects in a document, one or the other will have the first character with a dark background. Explanation? Fix? -- (||) Nehmo (||) ...

Unable to conect

Duplex printing in Word 2004 and Leopard

printing #3
Hi, I have to print something that is different from the corresponding view. My problem is that i have to place elements at specified places (given in mm) and I can't figure out how can i make corelation between device coordinates, logical coordinates and how to transform them to mm ( and back). Any hint is welcomed (it's v urgent) Thanks you in advance, Andrea In article <#gwzqsZcEHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, anastasescu_a@yahoo.com says... > Hi, > I have to print something that is different from the corresponding view. > My problem is that i have to place eleme...

Printing in MS Publisher 2003
I support a department that uses Publisher to create its monthly calendar. The secretary creates the base calendar, then e-mails it to the department members for them to add their own events. The secretary has a network printer as her default. The department members have local printers as their default (in fact, two users only have one printer configured in their respective "Printers and Faxes"). The two users in question print the calendar, after saving it to their local machine, and it prints to the secretary's network printer. Mousing over the print icon in the tool...

allow conditional printing using label wizard
When creating labels for shelfs allow conditional printing of fields. for example if an item is on sale print the sale price instead of the regular price. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/d...

Print Preview Wrong
I am using Excel 2003. When I am in print preview, the status bar n longer shows up. What can I do about this? Thank Yo -- dwe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dwei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1607 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27531 Hi this only happens to me when the status bar is not displayed in "normal view" .. in normal view, choose view / status bar and ensure it is ticked before going into print preview ... does this make a difference? Cheers...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node