Two users on a network editing documents simultaneously in word 20

My office just upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007. We are on a network and
share access to Word files.  In Word 2003, if one user tried to open a file
in which another user was working, a message would appear stating that the
file was "locked for editing by (user)." It seems that with Word 2007, any
user can open a file (and edit it) while another user is doing so as well.
We do not want this to be the case, and just want the settings to be as they
were with Word 2003 (i.e. if a document is in use, another user cannot access
it simultaneously).  Ideally, we'd like to again get the "locked for editing"
message when this occurrs.

Thank you.

synchiing two computers?

Display Logged-in User Picture?
Does anyone know if and how I can automatically display the My Site profile picture of the currently logged in user? Is it possible to display this picture in a Content Editor Web Part? -- Thanks, Brad Not that I have an answer, and I'm not trying to be snarky. I often see questions like this, and I'm just wondering... why do you want to do this? -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "hedbeb" <hedbeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B33238E5-2055-44D7-8A2B-05482FE0386F@microsoft.com... &g...

Changing file permissions when saving Word or Excel documents
Hi, I work in an office environment which consists primarily of PCs using Office (Word, Excel, etc.). I have found that when I save an existing Word or Excel file (Office 2004 with all the updates) which is on a network drive with multiple user and group permissions, the write permission reverts to just me, instead of the multiple users and groups, i.e., it becomes read-only for everyone else. It doesn't matter if the file is open with "(shared)" access on Windows first, if I save it, it becomes read-only to everyone else. Currently, I have to remember to immediately drop int...

how do i password protect a microsoft publisher document
I want to password protect my resume I perpared in Microsoft Publisher. Are there any tool in publisher that would allow me to do this? I love Publisher however I would never recommend a resume in Publisher format. Most places will not be able to read it. I'm looking for a job now myself and I have yet to see an employee that says they will accept a .pub file. All I see are requests for .doc or .txt files. Anything else is useless to them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "fffinga" <fffinga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E22BE2D0-940...

Unable to view some Excel files on Network
I am running Office 97 Pro on a Windows 98 Workstation on a Novel network. We have applied all the patches that we know of to bot Office and Windows 98. Upon roll out the user notified me that sh cant get into a certain file for her to do her jobI have uninstalle Office and rebuilt this machine and still get an illegal operation error. The error says "EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in modul EXCEL.EXE at 016f:30002924". No-one including network administrator can access certain Excel documents that are stored on the network fro a certain computer but other documents are fine. I...

Settings tab disapear from Admin user
Hi All, we have a strange issue regarding the setting tab on the CRM UI. i am the admin user and when i login to the CRM it can see the settings tab and all other options inside, but when i install the outlook desktop client on my machine the settings tab from the web UI either disappears or does not do anything when i click on it. so if i uninstall the outlook client it starts working fine again on the web UI. anyone else ever faced this before ? any ideas what could be the problem and the resolution ? Regards Ashfaq Ali CRM & GP Consultant Hi Ashfaq, this is a design flaw...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

enable small user to have "out of office" capability
I am a small office user and I really like Outlook. One capability that Outlook student edition lacks is the "out of office" capability that I had in the Corporate world. It would be greatly appreciated if this feature could be included in Outlook for small users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

How from Word a list separated by commas convert to Excel?
In Word 2002, I have a list of email adds separated by commas followed by forenames & surnames, how may I convert this list in tabulated form to Excel... A column for the email add, a column for the forename and a column for the surname... e.g ferreira @benco.co.uk,, Ferreira, Marnie italia@web.co.uk,, inglese, ANDREA info@inter.co.uk,, Mulondo, Mashudu neu@mond.co.uk,, Urbina, Ivonne brenna@web.co.uk,, Williams, Brennan -- Many Thanks Gunjani Aural sex gives me an earie feeling Copy into Excel then Data>Text to Columns>Delimited by comma. Gord Dibben Excel M...

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

Logging and monitoring users using Outlook via RPC over HTTP?
How do I set up logging to track users who connect to my Exchange 2003 front end server using RPC over HTTP enabled Outlook (2003 or 2007)? And are there and good log parsing tools that I can quickly parse the monitoring logs for reporting purposes? It's another virtual directory in an IIS web site. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Robert Gordon" <rgordon@nospam.wovensystems.com> wrote in message news:uGIqqZqMIHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How do I set u...

Document not printing as formatted
Documents do not print as formatted. Saving prior to printing does not help. Both alignment and font size change when document prints. Seems to happen when view is changed in view menu, or when selecting print preview. Occurs with existing and new documents. The changes occur randomly. OS is Mac 10.3.5 Printer is Epson C84 ...

User Defined Functions in the Personal Macro Workbook
When using a UDF stored in the Personal Macro Workbook, is there a way to eliminate the need to type the name of the workbook (PERSONAL.XLS!...) before the function name? Or, if not, is there a way to change the name of the Workbook to something much shorter, like one letter? Just rename it in the XLStart directory. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "Nate" <npursley@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147357780.023555.291360@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When using a UDF stored in the Personal Macro Workbook, is there a way >...

Unable display inbox folder under the user's mailbox
We have a user of outlook'97 and we are using win Exchange server 5.5. But this user can not open his Inbox under the mailbox. But he can open the sent items, etc under the mailbox. What should We do ? Thanks and reagrds, Subyantoro@lfdis.com Sounds like it could be a corrupted view. Has the user/you tried starting Outlook with the /cleanviews command line switch? -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Subyantoro" <Subyantoro@lfdis.com> wrote in message news:056f01c3d370$97715250$a401280a@phx....

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

Can I open an imbedded word doc from a cmd button?
I would like to imbed a word doc in my db (in a form?) and open it with a cmd button (like a help document). Is this possible and if it is how is this done? Many thanks, Joe M. On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:24:10 -0800, Joe M. wrote: > I would like to imbed a word doc in my db (in a form?) and open it with a cmd > button (like a help document). Is this possible and if it is how is this done? > > Many thanks, > Joe M. Why do you need to embed a document in your database? Store the document in a folder on your hard drive. Then open it from a command button whenever ...

My microsoft document image writer has disappeared and I reinstal.
I am unable to reinstall microsoft document image writer print driver. Can anyone help? This article explains how to install the printer: Save Publisher 2003 files in formats that others can view http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011111451033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "curtisba" <curtisba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9599A562-61C1-4CEA-BB1E-A55064507FE8@microsoft.com... >I am unable to reinstall microsoft document image writer print driver. Can > anyon...

Accidentally deleted user
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C6DD87.945D8C40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Okay, I deleted a user by accident, was trying to delete managers son = from system, they had same name, deleted manager instead. I recreated = the user account just fine, but I cannot seem to get the mail box to = connect. I tried using the mailbox recovery tool, but does not seem to = want to work. is there anything else I can do to get this person back = into their email?=20 --=20 NATHAN WELDON -----...

Account Modifier and Users
Hi All I am planning to use the PSTL tool Account Modifier/Combiner to change my chart of accounts. I have 4 companies at Great Plains, and i know that i have to log out of the company i run the PSTL at but .. + can I use the tool simultaneously at more than one company .. or I have to go one by one ? + Do I have to logout all users at other companies (Comp1, Comp2) to run the tool for a specific company (Comp3) ? Regards Rami Rami: To answer your questions: 1.) Yes you can use the tool in multiple companies - I have before I started changing accounts via the import function and a spr...

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...

Deleted User Account
I�m hoping that perhaps you might be able to help me with a deleted user account issue I�m having on Exchange 2003. I accidentally deleted a user account and now I�m having problems recovering that user�s email. I recreated the user account, went into exchange system manager and reconnected the mailbox store to the new account. But now when I try to access the email account it doesn�t recognize the password although the user can log onto the server. TIA <abc123> wrote in message news:lutmp0hk7jjbn2nk1h22v7qp3u0jb5rgnv@4ax.com... > I'm hoping that perhaps you might be a...

need user input command in macro
Hello - I have a macro that works on my computer but not other user's computers who are on a network. I'm importing a file using the Data, Import External Data, Import Data. In the macro's Select Data Source screen I've indicated I want it to look in the My Data Sources Directory and get the newdata.txt file. I'd like to set up the macro to ask the user to select the directory and file in the Select Data Source screen, then continue through the rest of the macro. Here's the first part of the code: ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+d ' With ActiveSheet.Qu...