turn off document protection

I have a CD with a few documents on it and I need to turn off the protection
that seems to be on the whole CD. I want to remove some documents totally and
edit the main document. I have tried the Tools menu and there is no "Remove
AutoProtect" or Remove Protect or anything on it, I have checked all the
menus on that list. I tried removing the text in the entire document and it
wouldn't save it that way either. Anyway. Any ideas? I have XP. The documents
are all my own by the way. Vanayssa

I suspect that the problem is that the documents are on a CD and has nothing
to do with Word functionality. Generally, CDs are read-only, so it's
unlikely that you would be able to make modifications of any sort to
documents on a CD and then save them back to the CD. There are exceptions,
of course, but in the first instance I would try copying the files to your
hard disk and trying working with them there.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

"Vanayssa" <Vanayssa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a CD with a few documents on it and I need to turn off the
> protection
> that seems to be on the whole CD. I want to remove some documents totally
> and
> edit the main document. I have tried the Tools menu and there is no
> "Remove
> AutoProtect" or Remove Protect or anything on it, I have checked all the
> menus on that list. I tried removing the text in the entire document and
> it
> wouldn't save it that way either. Anyway. Any ideas? I have XP. The
> documents
> are all my own by the way. Vanayssa

0
Gordon

Document Window Using Word
Normally -- when I go into word -- for word processing the screen comes up with a blank page -- with a blue border around it. Recently, the page has been smaller and longer with no blue border. Could someone help me to correct this problem? My thanks to you. Gabuie Sounds like the default accidentally got changed from Page Layout view to perhaps Normal view. If you change it back (View | Page Layout), it should save it for the future. If that doesn't work, what version of Word? DM "GA BUIE" wrote: > > Normally -- when I go into word -- for word processing the &...

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

How do I combine Pubisher documents
How do I take seperate publisher docs and combine them into a larger newsletter? Copy and paste -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "newspaper teacher" <newspaper teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94E5B137-AD99-4E08-B902-5106100FC4CD@microsoft.com... > How do I take seperate publisher docs and combine them into a larger > newsletter? I have a method on my web page. http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http...

check print document amount duplicate
I am having a problem with Great Plains every time I try to print payables checks; the amount of document was printed duplicate, but really the document amount isn't duplicate ...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

Applescript for Set document to Lowercase

Protect Workbook Vs Protect Sheet
Hiii hope u are all ok. i have a problem about protect workbook.when i go to tools menus and then point to Protection and click on the protect work book to protect workbook can't be done as it should be.. probably i don't know the proper way how to protect a workbook........ plz help me . thank u very much indeed. (inadvance) Hi there, you can protect the workbook itself (against modification = read only, or even fully, against all access) when saving the file: file menu/ save as/ Tools (dropdown list on the panel right hand side) / settings and adding the PW hope, this help...

Automatic document file name & path in all new document footers
Will an Office template or other function enable automatic footers on all new documents that includes the file name and path? How? Yes, if you add the Filename \p field to the template footer. It's not advisable to do this in the Normal template, however. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dora the Explorer" <Dora the Explorer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6569F09-768E-4F1C-9C31-366EB9290794@microsoft.com... > Will an Office template or other function enable aut...

Protecting my formulas
Is there a way that I can protect cells where i have my formulas so other users CAN'T SEE THEM in the formula bar or in any other way? Thanks, Marko Hi Marco, 1. Select the whole sheet 2. Go to menu Format>Cells... tab Protection, uncheck Locked, press OK 3. Select cells/ranges to protect 4. Go to menu Format>Cells... tab Protection, check Locked and Hidden, press OK 5. Go to menu Tools>Protect Sheet... and follow the instructions... Regards, KL "marko" <marko19@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1134986224.434038.101220@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Exchane E-TUrn Configuration
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a document that details the configuration of two exchange servers in different active directory domains where one must receive mails for a specific domain and park them and the other dials-up every hour and retrieves these mails? I believe I have to use E-turn for this? Thanks you ...

How turn turn off warnings
I have a form which contains a button to run an update query. When clicking the button, it warns of running an update query to which one must respond "Yes". Then it informs you that it is going to update x number of records to which one must again respond "Yes". I have used macros in the past to turn off and then back on these warnings, but lately I have tried to write the code instead of macros. What would be the code for this? For reference, this is what I have right now: Private Sub UpdateMPS_Button_Click() On Error GoTo Err_UpdateMPS_Button_Click Dim stDocN...

Excel 2007 will not save Recent Documents
A newly installed version of Excel 2007 does not show any recent documents after restart even when I have used the pushpins. Any one have any ideas please? tia -- Gren Is the value correct here "show this number ........) Office Button>Excel options Advanced>Display -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Gren" <Gren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076B5B42-A566-4022-8424-1C851560FA45@microsoft.com... >A newly installed version of Excel 2007 does not show any recent documents > after restart even when I have used ...

How to turn Off and On the pesky Office Assistant?
I want to try to live without the Office Assistant. How can I turn it off? If I find I must have it, how do I turn it back on? Thanks, tmb Right clck the office assistant and select Options. Options that are selected cause the office assistant to display, so the more options you deselect, the less times the little guy will show up. You will probably want to leave "REspond to F1 Key" selected (checked), so that you know you can always recall office assistant by pressing F1. Judy Freed "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MLfLb.219948$%h4.209554...

File/Cell Protection
I have files whereby I have certain cells LOCKED. When I put the password protection on from the file itself everything works fine and it only protects certain cells that I have locked and leaves the unlocked cells available for data entry, however when I call it up from a VBA statement it looks the entire worksheet. The code is below. Thanks Frank Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "G:\04Plan\Cap Models\Project Managers\1040 Cap Model.xls" Application.Calculate Sheets("Vertical").Select Selection.Locked = False Selection.Formul...

Protect data in cells after entered
Need a worksheet where data can be entered but, once it is entered can not be changed. The purpose of this is for accountability. Example: If you enter a customers name on a worksheet and an amount of money they owe you should not be able to delete/dhange that data in the future but only add additional data to the worksheet. Hi Jeff Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error Resume Next ActiveSheet.Unprotect Target.Locked = True ActiveSheet.Protect End Sub Try this event in a sheet module First change locked in all cells in the worksheet select the cells and press C...

Turn off Client message server side
I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? Which message is this? On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:40:17 -0500, "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote: >I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers >on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages >through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? > > ...

Outlook is running in the background. How do I turn it off?
Outlook is running in the bckground. Don't know why or how. How do I stop it? Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. (activesync, iTunes, etc.) 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Covey Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background to check for new mail and fire reminders. 6. Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan i...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

Turn on!
As known to us, Exchange 2003 SP2 support enhanced SenderID. How can I turn on SPFResult(apposing Urgency,SenderID,SCL and so on)on the top bar of Outlook 2003? Thanks a lot! KejiaLi,coming from Beijing,China ...

Protection is working sparadically
Running into a strange deal with my Excel...I've protected and saved my sheet the protection seems to work for the most part as far as formatting is concerned - as I can't change any formatting. However, when I attempt to change data it won't let me for the first three or so cells I try and then it gives in and lets me change all of the data I want to yet not the formatting....any thought? The cells you can change are not locked. Sheet protection is a two-step process. First, using Format;cells;Protection tab, unlock all the cells that you want to be able to enter data i...

redirect my documents
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, How can I change the folder when my user want to insert an attachment?? = I would like to use an especific folder.. can I to do this?? thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

Outlook Attachment bloking
How to Turn Off the Outlook 2000 E-mail Attachment Security Update ? Is the the file with all "Unsafe" extentions ? Is it a REGISTRY KEY ? I use Exchange Server 5.5 - Outlook on front end I need to be able to open some extention - Outlook blokes the "unsafe" files attached. Old version of Outlook DO allow atachments, new, with sp3 (sp2, sp1) do block it automaticaly ! How do I change it ? Thank you, Gon http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "gon" <stafing123@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0c7201c3db8b$bac3b130$a501280a@...