Truncated pictures when inserted at end of page

When I insert a picture at the end of the page and the picture's size forces
it to the next page, the bottom of the picture is truncated. Size doesn't
seem to matter; 100% plus or minus, the picture is truncated. Anyone know
why?

Putting it in a table cell solves the problem, but I'd like to understand
the issue.

Sometimes, for me anyway, it's because of the settings of paragraph where you
want to place the image.  I verify that the line spacing is Single and that
the font size is consistent.  Also, sometimes the placement properties affect
it; that is, if the paragraph is set up to Keep With Next, etc.  Just some
things to look at if you haven't done so already.

"Rebecca" wrote:

> When I insert a picture at the end of the page and the picture's size forces
> it to the next page, the bottom of the picture is truncated. Size doesn't
> seem to matter; 100% plus or minus, the picture is truncated. Anyone know
> why?
>
> Putting it in a table cell solves the problem, but I'd like to understand
> the issue.

How to insert a "Target" line into basic bar chart
Am looking for some info on how to insert a "Target" line into a bar chart. I have a basic chart and would like to put on top of the data a line from left to right which is the target, the bar data would indicate whether this was acheived or not. Am running office 2007. Any help appreciated. thanks From Jon Peltier's site Add a Horizontal Line to a Column or Line Chart: Error Bar Method. Double click on the resulting error bar, and on the Patterns tab, select a color and line style for the horizontal line. Here I've chosen a solid red line. ... peltiertech.com/Excel/C...

Error saving as web page [outlook 2000, Windows XP]
When I try to save my calendar as a web page I get the error message To save your calendar as a Web page, you must first install the Internet Explorer Web Publishing Wizard. To install this component, go to Control Panel and choose Add/Remove Programs, select Microsoft Internet Explorer, click the Add/Remove button, and add the Web Publishing Wizard. Alternatively, you can download the Web Publishing Wizard from the Microsoft Windows Update Web site. I'm running windows XP. There doesn't seem to be a way to add or remove Internet Explorer components (Web Publishing Wizard)...

Positioning picture on slide
Greetings from Downunder In PPT 2003 when inserting a number of pics into the same slide, each pic appeared on the slide in a cascade, all selected, each offset from the first by 3 m.m. To ensure that every pic took up it's position in the top LH corner of the slide, it was necessary only to go Format > Picture > Position and enter a zero as value in the two boxes, and all pics selected jumped into the top LH corner. In Office 2007 and 2010 this does not appear to be possible -- entering a zero causes the dialog box to close, however entering a non-zero value is OK, b...

insert memo feild into a memo field truncates at 255 characters -
Greetings I have a table that has a memo field to retain specific information - text - which is the base of the combo box. Via a combobox on a form this memo field is added to a forms field which is also sized as a memo called "Project_Notes" - this part works. At a certain time the user uploads this form and its feilds to a parent table which also has a memo field to recieve the data from the other memo field. 'we have created the new entry now we should update the notes strOtherFields = ",Action_By,To_Do_date" _ ...

save excel chart as picture
Can you save a chart as a picture? I know that I can copy the chart by "shift", "edit" "copy", and then paste it in another document, but can I save it as a picture. Hi, You can make use of the charts .Export method. ActiveChart.Export _ FileName:="MyChart.gif", FilterName:="GIF" This may interest you if you want to export to image files regularly http://www.andypope.info/vba/gex.htm Cheers Andy Scott wrote: > Can you save a chart as a picture? I know that I can copy the chart by > "shift", "edit" "...

Inserting page numbers in a cell
Certain data in my spreadsheet has to reference to a specific page number when the spreadsheet is printed. I can't find a formula that would provide information about a page number (something like =CELL("filename")) Any help would be appreciated. need something similar. i have a list of manufacturers' and their respective products on a sheet. items on this list are constantly being added and removed. this list is also filtered so that certain data can be printed. On a master sheet I want to be able to list the pages that a particular manufacturer's items are on, ...

Directional keys act like page up or page down
In all my spreadsheets, my arrow keys don't tab over to the next cell - it's like I'm pressing page up or page down, instead of over... Any ideas? ...

Gantt Bar truncated
Quick search ends in no joy.... I had a fellow scheduler drop buy with a question. He has inherited a Project (2003) file. The task bars in the gantt chart view do not reflect the "start" and "finish" dates in the start and finish column. When the dates are added to each end of the bar in the gantt chart view, the task bar extends from the start date but does not stretch all the way out the planned finish date. I did a cursory view of the file on my way out and there was nothing readily apparent that would be driving this condition. I'm new to MS Project...

How can I limit a worksheet to one page?
I want my worksheet to be on one page so that a lot of pages don't print out if I forget to specify only one page when I print. In EXCEL 2007 try this:- Page Layout tab / Page Setup group / single left hand click on the arrow in the lower right hand corner / Page Setup should launch / Page tab / slect Fit to: (so that it has a gree dot in it) / and make ssure that to the right of this it reads 1 page(s) wide by 1 tall. Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks! "xicapaty" wrote: > I want my worksheet to be on one page so that a lot of pages ...

Inserting names/address from OL 2003
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question but here goes. I often use AddressLayout in Word/Office 2003 for addressing envelopes or labels or occasionally inserting a contact's name and address in a letter. Most of the time it works fine, with the addressee's name First/MI/Last, company if applicable, etc. But for reasons I cannot discern there are a few contacts where OL puts the Last name first. These appear to be entered in OL exactly the same as the ones which function correctly. I have included my current text for AddressLayout below. Any sugge...

how do I create a single page a5 flyer in publisher 2003?
I am trying to create 2 a5 flyers on a single a4 sheet but am finding it impossible. Help please. Page setup, click custom, Portrait--- Width - 21 cm, Height - 14.85 cm. Publisher will say it will print two copies per sheet. If you are doing a landscape publication reverse the above measurements. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Rossd" <Rossd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8F3FC95-F3B5-48E7-8150-A610D9554DFD@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create 2 a5 flyers on a single a4 she...

home page
I download my accout info from my bank at least once a week. I'm wondering why I can't get the "Updated" date on the home page to update correctly. Both my checking and savings are from the same institution. The date for my savings account will update to close to the current day when I download the info. The date on my checking, however, will never update. I have checked to see that the account information is correct and it is. I've got everything filled in just as I do with my savings. Why the difference? What is Money actuallying using to update this date...

Printing truncated
Mr.Bob Philips, I need your help.Plese refer to my post "Printing Formulas" dated 16/Nov/05.I posted a reply to this answer ,your help is very much needed. You have another reply at that thread. TUNGANA KURMA RAJU wrote: > > Mr.Bob Philips, > I need your help.Plese refer to my post "Printing Formulas" dated > 16/Nov/05.I posted a reply to this answer ,your help is very much needed. -- Dave Peterson ...

Truncated messages
Hi, I have a NT workstation with MS office 2000 installed on it. Some of the users are experiencing weird problem with that specific machine. some of the messages are being truncated to 2/3 the regular size. Sometimes when they restart the machine, those messages looks fine! Any idea why it happens ?? Thanks, Negar ...

Page Numbering / Printing
Hello I've got a document that has page numbering in the footer. On screen, it displays as (e.g.) Page 2 of 9. However, when I print it off, it prints as Page 2 of 2, then Page 3 of 3. I've checked printer option, but can't find anything obvious. Any ideas? Cheers Elaine ...

Truncation??
Hi there, I want to enter this into a spreadsheet: 01:14:15.956 It truncates it to 14:16.0 Anyone know why? and how to turn that feature off? Robert Use a custom format, and format the cells like this: h:mm:ss.000 ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Robert Wong" <robertwong@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:upF7ErQgFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi there, > > I want to enter this into a spreadsheet: > > 01:14:15.956 > > It truncates it to > 14:16.0 > > > Anyone know why? ...

How do I insert pictures from clipart into my publisher document?
I'm not able to view pictures in clipart. For some reason they come up as thumbnails with a funny purple shape in them. If I do try to insert any of them, they do not get inserted into my document. What do I need to do? What version Publisher? Could be your temporary cache is full, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "twitcher5" <twitcher5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F56ADDA-52BE-4470-930D-18BF563FFD63@microsoft.com...

picture formatting
I inserted a picture over some text in a spreadsheet and expected to see the lettering appear through the picture, just as it does (or can do) in Word. That didn't happen. There was no way I could find to alter the picture so that I could see the text beneath. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks! Hank ...

Excel cannot sum columns when pasting from web page
hello, i have a problem with summing data that i copy from the web. sometimes i am on page and i select rows from a table and paste into my Excel 2003 document. everything pastes fine and the columns are all there. however i am unable to sum the columns that appear to be numeric. i get a #VALUE! error. so then i select the cells and change the format to numeric but it still doesn't work. anyone have any suggestions? thanks, v. Hi after changing the format try: - select an ampty cell and copy this cell - select your imported data - goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose the...

Truncating Data
I have a number of cells that has data - Address: 123 Main St. I want to write a function the removes the Address: portion. I can't use the Right(A1, 12) because the actual street addres changes in length. What function will do this? TIA, JC JC, Try something like the following: =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1),LEN(A1))) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "JC" <jcarlsen@ti.com> wrote in message news:01a501c39e57$bf52bdc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a number of cells...

Can I use "find / replace" to automatically "Insert Rows" in a do.
Have a long column of numbers Every time I see the number 5, I need to insert two rows. Doing this by hand is tedious. Can you help me find a shortcut? The IF function does not do this, right? Not 25, 35, 5351, just plain old 5? Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim FirstRow As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim iRow As Long With Worksheets("sheet1") FirstRow = 1 LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row For iRow = LastRow To FirstRow Step -1 If .Cells(iRow, "C").Value = 5 Then ...

inserting file
i try to insert pdf file to my excel file in Insert>Object>Create from file>Browse the pdf file there an message appear when opening the inserted file-"Cannot start the source application for this object" What does it means? ...

Formatting an inserted date field in an email template
I am inserting a date field from the contact form into an email template. While the field is formatted as Date Only, in the resulting emails it shows up as "02/16/2008 12:00 AM". How do I format the date so I can get rid of the bogus time portion? Thanks! Andy. i also have the same question. Is there a solution? thanks. Max On Feb 19, 11:30=A0pm, "Andy Slocombe" <an...@outreach.umass.edu> wrote: > I am inserting a date field from the contact form into an email template. > While the field is formatted as Date Only, in the resulting emails it show= s ...

How to use Shell to open Picture Manager
I am very new to VBA. I have a form from which I want to display scanned images of documents. When I allow the document to be opened with the default Microsoft Paint or Picture and Fax Viewer the images open much too large to be completely displayed on the screen. I've been told that I need to 'shell out' to open and use the Microsoft Picture Manager, but I have no idea how to accomplish this. Can anyone please provide detailed information on how to 'shell out' to the Picture Manager (installed in the default location for XP), or maybe simplier, how to control default s...

Lockup: Page Layout
In page layout / Word 2007 on Vista system (all updates current for all systems & programs): Trying to set up custom margins in Word, click on Page Layout > margins > custom margins > Word locking up & can only see portion of title for drop down menu hidden under the Margins down arrow. Will usually open up after about 30 seconds. ONLY occurs using custom margins and none of the other presets. Thank you! Try repairing the installation: Click Office button | Word Options | Resources tab, and then click the Diagnose button. If that doesn't...