Title Case in Word 2007

Is there a way to change the case from say All Caps, lower case, or every
word capitalized to title case in Word 2007.

Word 2003 has this feature, but for some reason it is not available in Word
2007.

On the Hom tab, first group on the right, there's a button "Aa" (next
to the font color button) with a tiny dropdown arrow alongside. Choose
"Capitalize Each Word." (Of course you already selected the text you
want to do it to.)

On Dec 10, 2:22=A0pm, John B <John B...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Is there a way to change the case from say All Caps, lower case, or every
> word capitalized to title case in Word 2007.
>
> Word 2003 has this feature, but for some reason it is not available in Wo=
rd
> 2007.

0
Peter
12/10/2009 7:51:45 PM
Shift+F3 is still the keyboard shortcut, but there's a button on the Home
tab, in the Font group, that opens the Change Case menu.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"John B" <John B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to change the case from say All Caps, lower case, or every
> word capitalized to title case in Word 2007.
>
> Word 2003 has this feature, but for some reason it is not available in
> Word
> 2007.

0
Suzanne
12/10/2009 7:54:18 PM
True - but that's not actually Title Case - that's capitalising teh first letter of each word. Title Case is where the important words are capitalised but the common articles and prepositions etc are left with lower case letters.

Word 2003 did this correctly but not now in 2007.
0
Duncan
12/12/2009 6:10:12 PM
Word 2003 did *not* do Title Case correctly, and Word 2007 does it the
same way as 2003.

For a macro that does do true title case, see the section with that
title at http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 10:10:09 -0800, Duncan <user@msgroups.net/> wrote:

>True - but that's not actually Title Case - that's capitalising teh first letter of each word. Title Case is where the important words are capitalised but the common articles and prepositions etc are left with lower case letters.
>
>Word 2003 did this correctly but not now in 2007.
>
>---
>frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.docmanagement/Title-Case-in-Word-2007
0
Jay
12/12/2009 7:08:22 PM
If title case was "correct" in W2003, you must have used a macro that
interceded.  The one I used with W2003 still works with W2007.

Pam

Duncan wrote:
>True - but that's not actually Title Case - that's capitalising teh first letter of each word. Title Case is where the important words are capitalised but the common articles and prepositions etc are left with lower case letters.
>
>Word 2003 did this correctly but not now in 2007.
>
>---
>frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.docmanagement/Title-Case-in-Word-2007

Pamelia
12/12/2009 7:18:05 PM
It must have an awful lot of detail? In fourth grade we learned to not
capitalize "a an the of in with for from and," but in grown-up style
guides we learn not to capitalize any preposition (unless it's not
used as a preposition, as in "Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out"), but we
capitalize the first word of the subtitle as well as of the title, ...

On Dec 12, 2:18=A0pm, "Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" <u43222@uwe>
wrote:
> If title case was "correct" in W2003, you must have used a macro that
> interceded. =A0The one I used with W2003 still works with W2007.
>
> Pam
>
> Duncan wrote:
> >True - but that's not actually Title Case - that's capitalising teh firs=
t letter of each word. Title Case is where the important words are capitali=
sed but the common articles and prepositions etc are left with lower case l=
etters.

> >Word 2003 did this correctly but not now in 2007.
>
> >---
> >frmsrcurl:http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.docmanagement/Title-=
Case-in...

rd-docmanagement/200912/1

0
Peter
12/12/2009 10:54:33 PM
You are of course correct. The wording has changed for the better but the functinality is the same.

I'll look into using a macro or some script to do it, I see there are a few possibilities around on the internet.
0
Duncan

Microsoft Word can't start Microsoft Word...
I just uninstalled the latest RC of Office 2010, and installed the RTM version from technet. The install completed just fine. However, when I open Word 2010, it launches the "Conifguring Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010", and then fails with a Windows - Application Error: The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000417) occured in the application at location 0x0f8a8848. Click on OK to terminate the program. The configuration then completes and 1-2 minutes later Word opens. But if i try to do anything inside of word, the configuration process start...

Excel word wrap
I have a problem wrapping text in excel when there are alot of characters (greater than 200) in a cell with several line breaks. Line breaks are entered using ALT - ENTER. It seems the last line line or seveal lines of text will not wrap. I tried AUTOFIT, manual adjusting cell width, height, etc. The last lines of text just disappear to the right of the cell. If you click on the cell to edit the text, all text is there. It just does not display properly in the cell. Does anyone know of a fix? I think it may have to due with the number of characters in the cell. Hi cswagne...

Word 2008 encryption type
Version: 2008 Hi, <br><br>I created a document on Word 2007 in Vista and protected it with a long (>20 c.) password. I understand the default encryption algorithm for such a docx file is AES 128-bit. I sent it to a friend who has Word 2008 for Mac. He can open it fine, but if he tries to modify and save it, or even save it with another name as-is, he gets the warning &quot;password too long&quot;. He must use a shorter password to save it. <br> Does this mean his Word 2008 is using the &quot;weak&quot; Office 97-2000 compatible encryption? <br> H...

"Print to Scale" Excel 2007 Charts
In Excel 2003, one could double-click a chart, print, and the chart would auto-size to fill a page. I am unable to print my newly-created Excel 2007 charts so they auto-size to print one-to-a-page (now requires several time-consuming steps for reformatting titles, axes, etc.). I do not have a "print to scale" option in my page setup. Printing to a Ricoh Aficio AP610N. Thanks so much. I will assume we are talking of an embedded chart (one sitting on a worksheet) and not a chart sheet. In Excel 2003 (all earlier) you did not double click, you just single clicked to...

Convert from excel to word
I have a workbook, that has multiple worksheets. each worksheet is a form, with identical layout, but different data. Each page is formatted to print A4 fit to page. Is it possible to convert the workbook to a word document, with each worksheet as a seperate page in the word file. Thanks, in anticipation... SS I would suggest this might be better posted in a Word group. You cannot "convert" an Excel workbook to a Word document. AFAIK you would have to copy one sheet at a time into pages of a Word document but someone over in a Word group probably has a method. Or you may...

title bar
Excel 2000 Is there a way of changing the contents of the Title bar so Microsoft Excel is not part of the bar? I am doing a special workbook for our company and we want just our company name at the top. Thanks Hi Greg, In the ThisWorkbook module of the special workbook paste the following: Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Application.Caption = "My Company Name" <<=== CHANGE End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate() Application.Caption = "" End Sub This will apply the custom title bar text when the special workbook is the active workbook and will restore th...

Word Document 1 Problem
The first document created and saved in word remains on every new document. Must delete the text and then process as a "Save As" instead of using "Save." I can not delete this document. Does anyone know of a fix? -- Brian Sounds like you put the text of your first document inside your normal template. See if http://word.mvps.org/fAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm helps. Yves "Brian P" <BrianP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B27059E4-2F11-4F70-BF05-7312719E1DE4@microsoft.com... > The first document created and save...

Why is the Print Titles section grayed out?
When I try to set the top row of my spreadsheet, to Print Titles section is grayed out. Some items on that dialog are disabled if you're in PrintPreview mode. Or if you have multiple worksheets grouped and go through File|page setup. Cindy N wrote: > > When I try to set the top row of my spreadsheet, to Print Titles section is > grayed out. -- Dave Peterson Thanks, Dave. That was it. I was in preview. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Some items on that dialog are disabled if you're in PrintPreview mode. > > Or if you have multiple worksheets grou...

How do I strikethrough a word in Publisher?
I want to show the change being made in a schedule. I would like to strikethrough a word to indicate such. Susan wrote: > I want to show the change being made in a schedule. I > would like to strikethrough a word to indicate such. ================== Just manually add a line. Click the "Line" button in your left pane and left click drag it where you need it. To adjust the position of the line...left click/select it and nudge it with your arrow keys. -- *********Notice*********** This is not tech support ........I am a volunteer....... Solutions that work for me may...

Extra word prints that does not show when viewing the document
When I print my document or view it, this extra word is not there. When the document prints, this hidden word is in the printed document. How do I find this hidden word and delete it? If it prints, you know where it is. Have you turned on your nonprinting characters, etc? Have you tried copying and pasting it into a new blank document? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "S Roberts" <S Roberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C437AFE5-8C0F-4859-8994-AA78D18CA573@mi...

The 'sizing handles' on the axis titles don't work!!
I'm working with a column chart in Excel - I'm trying to resize the title box of the y-axis, but I can't. When I double-click, I see the thick line and the dark boxes of the sizing handles. However, when I try to use these, I get no double-headed arrow and can't resize the box. I can move it around, but that's all. I can't resize the chart title and x-axis titles either. Weirdly, I CAN resize the legend box. Anyone know how I can fix this? Nicole, Unfortunately the only way that you can resize the title box is to change the font size. You still get the borders...

Importing a Word document
Why is it that when I import a Word document, it opens into a new publication rather than the publication page that I just created? That means I have to re-do the page size, margins, etc. What am I doing wrong? Instead of using the Import feature, click inside an existing Publisher text box and choose Insert: Text File from the Menu Bar. Deanna www.ThatOfficeGirl.com "ChurchLady" wrote: > Why is it that when I import a Word document, it opens into a new publication > rather than the publication page that I just created? That means I have to > re-do the page size,...

Total Case Duration
When you resolve a case the system totals up the time spent and displays it on the Resolution screen. That value then gets stored in the database (in the IncidentReolutionBase table). The problem is, I can't figure out how to put the value on a Form or View. Ideally, I'd like to display it on the main Case form, but I would settle for having it displayed in the Activites row of the Case Resolution activity. Does anyone have any ideas? There's no really simple way to do this. My preferred approach is to retrieve the data via a report, and display it in an IFrame on the for...

Document's SharePoint url available in Word?
Hi, Is there a (metadata) column or can one be added to the Document content type that reflects the document's url in the SharePoint document library? I want to pas it to the Word's document information panel (DIP), and be inserted as a QuickPart. Or is there another (easier) way to get hold of that info within Word and incorporate it into the document text? Thanx, Hans What I do: right mouse click on the link to the document in the list, pick "copy" (or some other word depending on what browser you are using). Then paste this into Word. ...

How to start every word in a cell uppercase?
Is there a way to have excel do this automatically. I have asap utilities but you still have to initiate it each time. If you put the code from this page in your personal macro workbook: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm And then from this page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#proper_change put a variation of the Event Procedure under the heading "Invoking a Change Event macro to change to Proper Case (#proper_change)" in the code for the worksheet in question. Then yes, you can. Note: To test this, I removed: If Target.Column <> 4 Then Exi...

How to intercept the Word.Application.WindowSelectionChange event
What is the VBA code to intercept the WindowSelectionChange event on Mac Office 2004? Cannot be done: no events in Mac Word. On 4/12/09 1:10 AM, in article 95E6CDEF-CF67-4D01-A62A-4E4FF5818489@microsoft.com, "Mac Office Developer" <MacOfficeDeveloper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is the VBA code to intercept the WindowSelectionChange event on Mac > Office 2004? -- The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay! John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Wor...

Date format and upper case
Excel 2002 on Windows 2000 How can we format existing dates entered as 7/22/1960 to format like JUL-7-60. Has to be upper case. We are kinda weird about upper case around here. Thank you. Hi AFAIK a format could not achieve this but the following formula in a helper column maybe: =UPPER(TEXT(A1,"MMM-D-YY")) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "tamarakay" <tamarakay@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:994EECBB-BE5F-44F8-8E09-32CE0D725792@microsoft.com... > > Excel 2002 on Windows 2000 > > How can we format existing dates en...

Outlook 2007 wont open
Using Win7 and Office 2007, outlook 2007. When i open outlook it starts to open and then I get a popup that says "Cannot start Microsoft oulook. Cannot open the outlook window" Did a restore from an earlyer time but that did'nt work. -- ---------------------------------------------------- This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com Never mind I found this and it worked. Start->run..then type the following -> "Outlook.exe /resetnavpane" -- -----------------------------...

Repositining Title on Title Page of Outline
I want to reposition the Title and subtitle, higher on the Title page. The Page Setup/Layout is alreadyin Vertical alignment, and I do not use "blank lines". Once I indicated which line was the Title and which line was the Subtitle, Word placed the Title and Subtitle one inch below the top margin. How can I move the Title and Subtitle higher on the page? Click on the Show/Hide (¶) button and look for empty paragraphs above your title. Also check the formatting of the paragraph for space before it. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless y...

Change case for all text in cell range
I'm trying to change all the names in existing cells (in a contiguous range) from standard case to all upper case (e.g: A1 = Joe Smith, A2 = Jane Doe, etc. to: A1 = JOE SMITH, A2 = JANE DOE, etc.). I need the new upper case values to be in the original cells. Using "=UPPER(A1:BB82) forces the values in that range to change but the new upper case values are in a different cell range. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. RLL ~ 1/27/2004 Borrowing code from Dave Peterson on truncating Left, this will make everything in A1:BB86 uppercase. Sub UCaseMe() Application.ScreenUpdating = False D...

DOS window title..
Hi guys, anybody please explain how to show my texts into DOS window title.. I am spawning DOS program(file editor) by CreateProcess() and I want to display opened file name. Thanks. Bob SetConsoleTitle "Bob" <bbg9507@quicksilver.net.nz> wrote in message news:SF_fd.88$op3.2555@news.xtra.co.nz... > Hi guys, anybody please explain how to show my texts into DOS window > title.. > I am spawning DOS program(file editor) by CreateProcess() and I want to > display opened file name. Thanks. Bob > > Thanks River, can you give a bit more detailed usage of SetC...

transactions by category in MM 2007 Delux.
Hello. MM 2007 Delux works great. But today I have noticed a problem with report "transaction by category". When I want to run it I have got information that "program stop reponding" check for solution and son on. There is only one report I can not run. I have got MM since october 2006 and I did not have any problem to run this report before. Today suddenly stop working. My system is VISTA Ultimate (polish), 2 GB Ram, Radeon X1950 Pro. All functions MM work ok but this report. It is pity because it is very usefull report. Any idea? I uinstalled MM and installed agai...

title
How can I get my first line or title line to appear on top of all pages? In the File menu go into Page Setup, then click on the Sheet tab. In Print Titles select the row you want to repeat. Key in 1:1 if you want the first row. 2:2 for second row. 1:2 for first and second row. -- Regards, Martin "lbierer" wrote: > How can I get my first line or title line to appear on top of all pages? lbierer wrote: > How can I get my first line or title line to appear on top of all pages? File> Page setup > Sheet look for rows to repeat at the top. Click in that box the click o...

Style in Access 2007
Hi, I am new to Access 2007. I notice that styles in Access 2007 form header (thru wizard) is nice. Is there a way for Access 2007 to alloe user to build custom style? SF Sure, drop down the AutoFormat gallery and choose "AutoFormats Wizard..." in the bottom of the page. Click in the customize button in the dialog. Follow directions to update the themes. The graphic doesn't change in the preview but the effect of the option should update your form. here is a help topic. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102190041033.aspx?pid=CH100645661033 clint covington M...

Common word in line
I am analyzing a report with about 10000 transactions (Cheques paid) and I want to know which lines contains the word "Rent" or "Rental". Any help would be very much appreciated. Fernando Gomez Assuming your transactions are in col. A, put this in col. B and fill down: =IF(SUM(COUNTIF(A1,{"*rent*","*rental*"}))>0,1,"") Any row with a 1 next to it is means "rent" or "rental" appears. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I am analyzing a report with about 10000 transactions (Cheques paid) and ...