Text Form Field Options

I have a Text From Field, and I have entered the following options:
Type=Number
Default Number=empty
Maximum Length=3
Number Format=0.00
Entry=empty
Exit=empty
Bookmark=Text6
Fill-in enabled=checked
Calculate on exit=not checked

The Maximum Length works as it should, but the Type and Number Format
DO NOT.

If I enter 12345, I get 1234 in the field.
If I enter abcde, I get abcd.

If I enter 1234, I get 1234.
If I enter abcd, I get abcd.

Why isn't my form field formatting the data properly?

Thanks...
0
iamnu

On Jan 2, 4:29=A0pm, iamnu <iamn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a Text From Field, and I have entered the following options:
> Type=3DNumber
> Default Number=3Dempty
> Maximum Length=3D3
> Number Format=3D0.00
> Entry=3Dempty
> Exit=3Dempty
> Bookmark=3DText6
> Fill-in enabled=3Dchecked
> Calculate on exit=3Dnot checked
>
> The Maximum Length works as it should, but the Type and Number Format
> DO NOT.
>
> If I enter 12345, I get 1234 in the field.
> If I enter abcde, I get abcd.
>
> If I enter 1234, I get 1234.
> If I enter abcd, I get abcd.
>
> Why isn't my form field formatting the data properly?
>
> Thanks...

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention this problem is in Word 2003.
0
iamnu
1/2/2010 11:30:34 PM
On Jan 2, 4:30=A0pm, iamnu <iamn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 2, 4:29=A0pm, iamnu <iamn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I have a Text From Field, and I have entered the following options:
> > Type=3DNumber
> > Default Number=3Dempty
> > Maximum Length=3D3
> > Number Format=3D0.00
> > Entry=3Dempty
> > Exit=3Dempty
> > Bookmark=3DText6
> > Fill-in enabled=3Dchecked
> > Calculate on exit=3Dnot checked
>
> > The Maximum Length works as it should, but the Type and Number Format
> > DO NOT.
>
> > If I enter 12345, I get 1234 in the field.
> > If I enter abcde, I get abcd.
>
> > If I enter 1234, I get 1234.
> > If I enter abcd, I get abcd.
>
> > Why isn't my form field formatting the data properly?
>
> > Thanks...
>
> I'm sorry, I forgot to mention this problem is in Word 2003.

Well, I discovered the problem, but I still haven't solved the
problem.
I am using code for "How to code the Enter key to move between form
fields in a protected form in Word" from this site:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211219/en-us

Formatting occurs as it should if I enter the data and then Tab to the
next field.  Formatting DOES NOT occur if I use the Enter key to move
the the next field.

Anyone have an idea as to how to fix this?

0
iamnu

Disabling a field from the onChange
Hi all, I have found similar questions to this one but can't seem to develop an OnChange event that works for me. I would like to disable a field (not hidden, just disabled) when a secondary field had data entered (eg; tick box ticked causes field #2 to become disabled). I'm sure this is a simple script but, as a novice with this, cannot seem to get it working. Any assistance would be much appreciated. -- Matt Pring Hi Matt. I found this en the SDK {Field}.Disabled So, when you want to disabled some field you need to do this. When your field change crmForm.all.name. Disab...

Calendar print option
Using Outlook 2007. I have AutoPreview turned on to see my notes for each appointment. I want to print the calendar either as a month to a page or a week to a page showing the appt notes. However, it will not print the calendar with my appt notes, only the subject and location. How can I change this? This is a limitation of Outlook 2007 Calendar. Here are 2 work arounds: -Use Microsoft Calendar Printing Assistant. It supports layouts with full details. -Use a MS Office Addin called WinCalendar to convert Outlook calendars to native MS Word or Excel format (with full descrip...

Export Fields in Design View of Access to Excel
Is there a way to take the fields in the Design view of a MS Access table (Field Name, Data Type and Description) and export that or copy and past it to excel? So for example, as we create our tables, we have Field Name Owner Data Type Text Description Owner of the Contact How could I export that...not the actual data in those fields but the field properties essentially? Did that make sense? Dano On Aug 21, 3:32 pm, SteveM <Ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Curious...why would you want to do that? > > You can get these field properties through VBA and then use ...

record still not updated until close the form or run report
I have a cmdStart button in frmWorkshop. When click, it opens another form frmSignIn On load event of frmSignIn, I make frmWorkshop visible = false Below is cmdSignIn on form frmSignIn. It seems the line Forms!frmWorkshop.[WS]=1 always in the memory instead of update the record. Me.Dirty=False does not help. I have to either close frmWorkshop, or run other report be fore the update to show up. Where did I do wrong? Private Sub cmdSignIn_Click() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set rst = Forms!frmWorkshop.RecordsetClone If Me.intEN <> "" Then rst.FindFirst &quo...

Enable the option multiple remit-to address feature in MGP 9.0
Please enable the option multiple remit-to address feature that is available in MGP 9.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=665e97a6-6111-46f5-b7dc-a79645d4552...

HELP: Display search results in footer section in a split form
Hi All, I have designed a split form with some search criteria in the Header/ Details Section. How can I display results in the footer section? Is there a way to do it? Basically I just want to display results below the search criteria and not in a new tab or window. Hope I made it clear Thanks in advance If you want Quick & Dirty, create a textBox in the Footer and just fill it programmatically at execution-time. "sam" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have designed a split form with some search criteria in the Header/ > Details Section. How can ...

How do I change the size of the text box of data labels?
Excel does not give you the ability to resize these boxes. If you need more control, you have to use regular text boxes. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "rmashton" <rmashton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2779C336-3FB7-407B-A7AC-0773BE51A735@microsoft.com... > ...

Text wrapping #4
Hi All I am just trying to create a document using publisher 2003. I have some pictures on the page and have text boxes containing the text I want. The problem is that it seems to be putting in the - in the text when it spreads it on to the next line. How can I stop it doing this and move the whole word on to the next line. Many thank Glenn Tools, language, hyphenation, clear the box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Glenn Clark" <glenn.(NOSPAMclark@btinternet(NOSPAM).com> wrote in message ne...

numbers in text box
I am recieve data from a scale in text box. It has number and other carater. How I could take only number in text box. I am work with 2008. thanks for your help "Roberto Londono" <RobertoLondono@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:546A43AC-C590-42C0-BB4C-DA3C6D71FAF0@microsoft.com... >I am recieve data from a scale in text box. It has number and other >carater. > How I could take only number in text box. I am work with 2008. > > thanks for your help It depends on how you receive your data, but I did this for a similar situation. I...

OL2007
Running OL2007 SP2 under Vista Home Premium SP2. It appears that when I'm replying to a plain text message, editing functions (bold, underline, etc) are disabled. Is there a way to enable them? You'd need to switch to HTML format - plain text is, well, plain text. That means no formatting. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchan...

Mailmerge
Hello, when we do a mailmerge from CRM 3.0 to Word, unfortunately only certain fields are being "transferred" to Word (I know that used-defined fields will never be copied, but we also have several other "standard" fields which we would like to have in Word but we don't). Thus I have two questions: a.) How can I tell a given field to be included in the transfer-process in a mailmerge? b.) Is there anything like a list of fields which are included in a mailmerge by standard? Thanks so much for any help! Tobias. Hello, There is no way in the standard mail merg...

How can I change the From: field ?
Sorry for stupid question, but: How can I change the From: field in my Microsoft Outlook 2003 account? User has account in Active Directory, Nicky, for example, the account is mail-enabled in Exchange 2003. So, the user has email address Nicky@domain.name, and his e-mails are shown with Nicky in the recipient's From: field. But the user wants that his e-mails would have field From: with Nicky_Boy :). I tried to change his Alias, Simple display name (AD, Exchange options) - without result. May be there are some options in user's Microsoft Outlook 2003 to change, but I didn't see t...

Copying Formula Text
Is it possible to copy and paste just the text of a formula from on cell to another without going into the formula text window and usin Ctrl+c. Can this be done from multiple cells to multple cells. thanks -- jp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jpx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37716 edit/copy select new location edit/paste special, select Values. OR... Right-click the BORDER of the selection and drag to the new location. When you ...

display fields center
Is there a way to display the fields to be aligned center or right or left in a grid view. I dont see any properties to center a fields. Any ideas without changing style sheets ? -Srini This level of field control is not available in a supported fashion ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com <srini.venkatesan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161808704.538238.109370@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to display the fields to be aligned center or right or > left in a grid view. I dont see any > properties ...

Goofy Form Problem
I have four forms, Manager A, B, C, and D. The forms are there so that our managers can enter data such as when a new construction form comes in they enter it on the form. B, C, and D work fine. The A form you cannot enter anything. I have checked and unchecked every control on the form and rebuilt the form a dozen times. The tables are reasonably normalized and the queries work like a charm. This is driving up the wall. Any suggestions? Thanks! Are you sure Allow Additions and Allow Edits for the form are set to Yes? Are you sure your queries create an updatable recordset? -- Dave Harg...

Creating "records" in Forms
Hello everyone- Need your help. I have to create a UserForm for Purchase Order information that will have multiple Items/Parts (and its info) within a sub-structure. The structure will be as below: PO Number <text_box_field> Vendor ID <text_box_field> Vendor Address <text_box_field> ------------------------- Item # | Item Desc | Qty | ------------------------- 1001 | Cables | 10 | ------------------------- 1002 | Bolts | 1000| <= all text boxes ------------------------- 1003 | Bulbs | 5 | ------------------------- <button for Add_Item> How should I create a ta...

FindFirst not working on second sub form
Good morning; I have two identical subforms set on different tab controls that are programed the same. The only difference is one is for day shift and the other is for night shift. I use this routine to see if there is a duplicate StaffId. Again, I use this on both subforms. The problem is that on the first subform it works. On the second subform it doesn't work. The record sets are the same for both. I'm also using a filter for the difference between day shift and night shift. This is the code: 20 With RecordsetClone 30 .FindFirst "StaffId = '" &a...

Excel text to columns
In Excel 2000 I downloaded my annual TD Waterhouse satement. It all downloads to one cel and trying to get just the last column into a susable for and separate it into a single column of its own is difficult. Thewre must be a simple way. Is here someone who might be able to talk back and forth with me to resolve? Thanks, Fil You can use this macro. Sub extractlastcol() For Each c In Range("a2:a161") 'Selection x = Right(c, InStr(3, c, " ")) If IsNumeric(x) Then c.Offset(, 1) = x Next End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "fil"...

I can't get the form to do what I want!
I have a very simple table and form that I am trying to get something to work on an then I will apply that to a larger db. The table I have has four fields [First Name], [Last Name], [Quiz_1], and [Quiz_2] [Quiz_1] and [Quiz_2] are both checkboxes I have created a form that shows these fields and two images. The first image is a image that says No Pass named [NoPassImage]. The second is a image that says Pass named [PassImage] What I want is that when you move the form through the records only the image that applies will display. If both quiz 1 and quiz 2 are checked it d...

setting text qualifier in Excel
I am trying to save an Excel spreadsheet as a .csv file. My problem is that to import this file into a specific database, it needs both comma separators (which I have) AND double quotes as text qualifiers for each field. I open the file in Notepad, and after saving with every available .csv format, the fields do not have quotes as qualifiers. Any ideas? Is this something I need to import and export through Access to add that option or is there a way to do this right from Excel? I have no problem opening a CSV file with quotes as text qualifiers, but it even -resaves those files wit...

Default form in Public Calendar folder
I have a calendar in the public folders. Is there any way so that when the user clicks on the "New" button in Outlook that the default form that opens is a "Meeting Request" as opposed to an appointment? Thanks! Sylvia <sylvia@nospam.com> wrote: > I have a calendar in the public folders. Is there any way so that > when the user clicks on the "New" button in Outlook that the default > form that opens is a "Meeting Request" as opposed to an appointment? I don't think so, but you can certainly click the down-arrow next to the New ...

custom forms #3
Hello, I would like to use forms customised on outlook on a pocket pc. I wish to send an e-mail using a customised form, and have the customised e-mail appear correctly on a pocket pc once it has downloaded the e-mail via gprs. So, my question is, is it possible to install customised forms on a pocket pc? many thanks in advance. Mike. Not Outlook forms. Maybe something else; ask in a Pocket PC group. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx...

Append New Record Via A Form?
Have never used Append Queries and therefore lack the knowledge of the same. I have a sample table "Students" with fields like: 1. ID (AutoNumber) 2. Name (Text) 3. Nationality (Lookup with Row Source being Selection from the table "Countries") 4. Date of Birth (Date) Now I want to create a form which would not be showing the records already in the database but simply present a one page layout with the 4 controls for each of the fields and a button which upon being clicked shall add the data entered in the same to the Table "Students". Please c ...

moving text based on formula
OK, I am going to try and explain this best that I can to see if it i possible. I would appreciate any advice that can be given. Thanks i advance. This is what I am trying to accomplish. I am creating a checklist. The checklist consists of different task with an option for the user to select �Completed� �Not Completed� Example: (Pull down menu with text �Completed� �Not Completed� - Remove th trash from the building. I have over 100 questions, listed in the same format. What I am tryin to do is if a question is answered �Not Completed�, I want the actua question (In this case �Re...

null fields in Message Tracking logs
The Message Tracking logs for our SBS 2003 exch. server contain null values for the client-ip and host-name fields. Is there a reason whe this would be so? Are we missing some component which would populate these fields? Thanks! ...