template no longer blank

At some point I must have saved over a template so now when I open a "new"
document the template appears with language.  How can I delete this and
return to a blank template? I've tried saving this to another file but have
had no luck.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"baffled" <baffled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> At some point I must have saved over a template so now when I open a "new"
> document the template appears with language.  How can I delete this and
> return to a blank template? I've tried saving this to another file but
> have
> had no luck.

0
Stefan

Print template on a 42 cm * 28 cm paper
I would like to print a template on a big size paper 42 cm * 28 cm with my printer (manual tray), so that the template fits the size of that paper. It appears much to small now when I print it, I would like the size of the template to adjust to the size of the page. Thank you. ...

Removing filtered Blanks Cells
Hi! How can i remove filtered blanks cells Thanks Hardeep kanwar Do you mean you want to delete blank rows in a filtered list? --JP On May 10, 10:26 am, renu98 <hardeep.kan...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi! > > How can i remove filtered blanks cells > > Thanks > > Hardeep kanwar On May 10, 11:21 pm, JP <jp2...@earthlink.net> wrote: > Do you mean you want to delete blank rows in a filtered list? > > --JP > > On May 10, 10:26 am, renu98 <hardeep.kan...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hi! > > > How can i remove filtered blanks cell...

Is there a template to create a template?
Just wondering! Mike Mike Koewler wrote: > Just wondering! > > Mike Oh Mike, hahaha there is a macro to make a cake, I think Ed had it... You don't use a macro to make a cake. First you need a box of scratch............. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message news:HA1Rg.1220$o71.814@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > Mike Koewler wrote: >> Just wondering! >> >> Mike > > Oh Mike, hahaha > > there is a macro to make a cake, I think Ed had it... > I ...

Forwarded External Email Arrives as Blank Attachment
Our CRM users are reporting an issue with emails forwarded from outside the company. When they receive an email from outside, it comes through as an attachment. When they open the attachment, it's blank. If we turn off their CRM forwarding rule, this ceases to happen. Anyone experience this before? Thanks! ...

calendar templates
I imported a calendar which I want to change every month but keep the same text for each day of the week. When I changed the margins to make the calendar wider I cannot get back into the calendar portion to make the changes for the month and move the dates over accordingly. Can I change the margins or create a new template on my own and make it work. If so, how do I go about doing this. Publisher 2007 is what I am now using Thank you What template? From the Office site? Changing the margins shouldn't affect the way you input your data. Have you applied a border...

How to modify templates and keep them templates
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Is there an easy way to edit a template and resave it as a template without having to rename it or remember the exact name it had. I keep getting multiple versions of the same template each time I change it. You can open the template file using the File>Open menu. That way, Word will open the file as a template (as opposed to a new document based on that template), and when you save any modifications you have made, they will be saved to the template file itself. By the way, Word 2008 stores templates in ~/Library...

Publisher text wrapping no longer works.
I used to have no problem putting pictures in my document and could have the text wrap around it. Now no matter what I do the text will not wrap...the picture just sits on top. Can you help? Do you have a border around the publication? If you do send it to the back and try the wrap again. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "cgraham@ompc" <cgraham@ompc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C16142B-417E-4227-B688-0974B67F4CB7@microsoft.com... >I used to have no problem putting pictures in my document and could have the > text wrap around it. Now no ma...

I m looking for design templates for the oil field
I need templates for valves pipe turns andohter related hardware try http://www.flair-infomatics.co.uk/downloads.htm John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24A9F42D-391C-445A-BB45-5A9790597706@microsoft.com... >I need templates for valves pipe turns andohter related hardware ...

Averaging List with Blank Cells #2
My apologies if this is a repeat post. I'm having news reader problems. I was given this formula for averaging the last five numbers in a column of numbers: =AVERAGE(OFFSET(A2,COUNTA(A:A)-5,0,5,1)) It works fine unless there are some blank cells like below: 1. 3 2. 3. 4. 6 5. 7 6. 8 7. 8. 35 9. 10. 11 Is there a way to change it so that it will average the last five numbers in this column and ignore the blank cells? Thanks for your help. Frank <Mr. X> wrote... .... >I was given this formula for averaging the last five numbers in a >column of numbers: > >...

I need a DVD case template
I am after templates for DVD cases not CD/DVD cases - any suggestions? Might modify one of these http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=dvd&sc=4&av=ZPB Try Neato or Avery for templates. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Helpee" <Helpee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D09FCCDF-4C85-4CFA-AA5B-D87184C54A87@microsoft.com... >I am after templates for DVD cases not CD/DVD cases - any suggestions? ...

template for deleting columns.....
I'm trying automate the process of deleting about 70 columns from a spreadsheet...I need to find out how this can be done (I'm assuming I need to run some program to do this).....the columns I need to delete will always be the same and to do this manually is killing me...any ideas? Thanks, Jeff Try recording a macro when you select some columns and delete them. You'll see the code that works for you. If you're anything like me, you may want to hide the columns instead of deleting them (just another option). If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitc...

Quote template
Does anyone have a form I can use to get a quote from a contractor for a job? In Excess 2000 there used to be numerous templates. They are no longer easily accessible in XP. Please send answer to kitylove2@aol.com Thank you http://office.microsoft.com/templates you should be able to find a template to meet your needs here. -- Paul Ballou MVP Office http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx http://office.microsoft.com/templates http://office.microsoft.com/home Control the things you can and Don't Worry about the things you can't control. "Kitylove2" <Kit...

xcell template
i am trying to create a speadsheet that adds up all the xl or m or small in the t shirt collum then give me the total number for that coolum. i.e t/shirt sweat shirt coat xl m xl m xl xl m s m s s s total tshirt xl=1 sweat shirt xl=1 coat xl=2 m=2 m=1 m=1 s=1 s=2 ...

Blank Laptop screen
Hi All, My HP Pavillion dv9500 laptop screen has gone blank. The computer works fine and is able to use a monitor plugged into the VGA port. I thought the screen just went out, it's just over 2 years old and of course, 2 months out of warrenty. However, after the sceen had not worked for about a week, it came back on. I was using the laptop with a monitor, and all of a sudden, a window popped up and asked if I wanted to duplicate the 2nd monitor or stretch the desktop across both monitors. I looked over at the laptop screen, and sure enough, it was back on! I turned off th...

Small Book Template
I am looking for a Publisher template for a paperback size book (any size will do though). I'm looking for a template that has all the necessary formatting to send to a printer as well as the necessary pages in the front and back. Thanks in advance. Dianne Siebold Dianne, Check with your printer first. You may find they don't use Publisher. I love the program myself but I've learned that the publishing world isn't as enamored as I am. -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. --Emile-August Chartier "...

adding subject line to e-mail template
I have depts in my company who weekly send me a spreadsheet of companys to receive a standard e-mail sent using Outlook 98. I created a DOT file in Word for the e- mail body. I set the mail format to Word and the template to the DOT file. Since the subject is the same for each e- mail, is there a way to add the subject line to the template? ...

Mail merge error
I'm trying to do a mail merge to Leads and so far all but 1 lead has resulted in there just being blank fields with no information even though all Leads have all the information in them? This is one of the main purposes of CRM, does anyone know a fix for this? ...

template?
I have several word doc. pages that I would like to convert into email templates that I can send to various contacts as needed. The docs. have graphics etc. already. Is there a way to drop them into an email message and keep them as a template? -- Trying to get ahead Outlook and Word versions?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "G...

Template help Window
OK this sounds odd but how do I keep the template help window from appearing when I open my template? Thanks in advance, Barry ...

delete template
when I open word an old text comes up everytime like a template, I have tried to delete, I have tried to find normal.dot file to delete when I am in word it won't let me delete because file is open this is driving me crazy please help See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:34:01 -0700, maw <maw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when I open wor...

CRM Template in Access 2002
I downloaded the template for CRM to use in Access 2002 from the Microsoft website. I am unable to get my data to populate the template. If I build my own form, I can populate it, however the form template that I downloaded is much nicer to view it seems. Has anyone used this template? Is there anyway to get a decent template for a form in Access for this purpose, or do I have to buy a CRM software package separately. Thank you. ...

Using Publisher Templates
I need to create different templates that will be used interchangeably. i.e., I may need page one of my document to be Template 1, page two of the document to be Template 2. How can I import both templates into the same document? Copy and paste the items you want from one into the other. Save the resulting file as a template. -- JoAnn Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer. --Bruce Graham "CR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d85201c3ef46$33bb2dc0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need to create di...

Custom Template not listed with Standard Templates
My boss has custom templates for memos, faxes, etc... and they are saved in the following path C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. He would like to be able to go to File, New, Templates on My Computer to access these, but for some reason they're not showing up. We're using Office 2003. ...

Keyboard arrow buttons no longer work in excel
I can no longer use the arrow buttons to move around my excel worksheet (to change the active cell). When I click on the up or down arrows th sheet itself moves up or down, however the active cell remains th same. I have looked in the "Tools" - "Options" area to see if I nee to set or reset something but cannot find anything. I can't imagine what happened (except I do have a few feline friend who use my pc when I'm not looking!) I would appreciate any input ... Thanks Bernadett -- bcp196 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Templates? How?
I have a file that I have made with the product info from a database, with pictures and everything. Now, how do I add a cover with a pre-made template design. (or publication design)? How do I merge a template design with the pages I have? Open the template, select all, copy and paste to your publication. You can have many instances of Publisher open at any one time. You may lose the color scheme, but it can be restored in the format menu, color schemes. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Unktehi" <Unkteh...