Switch Language for fields.

Hi,

I am working on an English Document in an English version of Office on a
German PC. My citations use S. instead of p. for pages in citations. How can
I change that?

Regards

In the "Edit Source" dialog, there is a Language dropdown list at the top
right corner where you can set your source's language. The available choices
depend on your settings.

Also, right click on a citation or bibliography field and select "Edit
Field...". You will see a format string containing \l followed by a 4 digit
number. The latter is the locale used to represent your
citation/bibliography. The default for English is 1033. For a full list
(note that not all languages might be installed for your copy of Word), see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb964664.aspx

Yves
--
BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styles
http://bibword.codeplex.com

"Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am working on an English Document in an English version of Office on a
> German PC. My citations use S. instead of p. for pages in citations. How
> can
> I change that?
>
> Regards

0
Yves

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Custom field with lookup table
Hi, I'm trying to use a custom field with a lookup table. The problem is that I can't save my lookup table. Always getting an unknown error. My lookup table is built like this X.Y.Z where X is "1 to 6", Y is "A to Z" and Z is "A to Z + 1 to 199". Total of 35262 lines. So I wnat to know if there's a limit to the lookup table size ? Thanks, Jici My guess would be that you are trying to cut and paste those 32,000 lines into the web IU? That's as likely to be the problem as the total number, I find issues cutting and pasting f...

Disabled fields
When I clicked at the office ribbon and then Select print and then print preview and then Clicked on page setup and then selected the sheet tab, the Rows to repeat at top and Columns to repeat at left are disabled and is not allowing to specify either of these two options? There are lots of options that are disabled when you're in print preview mode. Use the controls on the Page Layout tab of the ribbon. In the page setup group, click on the "Print Titles" icon. egsdar wrote: > > When I clicked at the office ribbon and then Select print and then print > preview...

Field required
Is there a way to require something in a blank field on a protected document? I have a protected excell doc. and I want some way to require some type on entrey into each unlocked field. Some fields on the form are being left blank and I want some type on reminder to prompt users that there are still blank fields on the form Thanks tboyle I use an adjacent cell (or column of cells) with formulas like: =if(a1<>"","","Please enter something in A1!") And give that cell a nice bold red font. t848 wrote: > > Is there a way to require something in a b...

Hungarian language
I use Windows XP and Outlook 2007. While messaging in Outlook, when I attempt to change my Windows language from English to Hungarian, it invariably causes Outlook to shut down... (Does not happen with Word our Excel...) What can I do? Thanks ...

Paste/add text to beginning of multiple fields in Excel
I have a table setup already, but realized that on field requires I add 'CEP' to the beginning of the values in 1444 fields (same column). I don't want to go through field by field and paste, is there a way to merge values or join fields . . . etc? Assuming your numeric data is in A2:A1445, put this formula in any empty column in row 2: ="CEP" & A2 Then copy down; next, copy this new column and paste special > values over the original data in A2:A1445. Finally, delete the temporary column and you're done. HTH, Nikos For numbers in column A, this macr...

Cannot enable editing of some fields
I am working with a application that I did not create (Access 2007) I cannot seem to be able to allow editing of some fields on a subform. I changed the properties to Enabled (yes) and Locked (No); but I am still unable to edit the desired fields? What are the values in the ControlSource property for those fields? If they begin with an = character, they are calculated expressions that cannot be edited. If they are field names and those fields are autonumber fields or calculated fields in a query, they cannot be edited. -- Ken Snell http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnel...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

separating fields #2
I've been using Quark Express to do a layout of roster/directory, and I want to tansfer all the info I have in there to an Excel spreadsheet. Quark Techs told me that I would have to cut and paste everything; which I've done. Now, I want to seperate lines 1 - 6 in to separate fields (i.e. last names in column a, first names in column b, street address in column c, city/state/zip in column d, and so on). How can I do this? ...

Spellcheck language
I am using Outlook Express 6. As long as the spellcheck was with Office 2000 or later with 2003, the spellcheck language in O E6 was English. Now that I have installed Office 2007, the only language in the Spellcheck options of O E 6 is French. Every word in my composed mail is checked with some French Dictionary and is found to be wrongly spelled by O E6. How do I get English language for spellcheck? P. Jayant Got Google? => http://lmgtfy.com/?q=outlook+express+spell+french P. Jayant wrote: > I am using Outlook Express 6. As long as the spellcheck was with Office ...

Copy value of field to other form
How do I copy the value of a field from one form to another form that is not part of a subform relationship? -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200703/1 hi Matt, mattc66 via AccessMonster.com wrote: > How do I copy the value of a field from one form to another form that is not > part of a subform relationship? You can access any form, if it is loaded, with Forms("OtherForm").Form![FieldName] = Me![FieldName] or Forms("OtherForm").Form![FieldN...

Language
Hello, i want to know how to change the language settings in Windows Media Player 11? Is this Windows XP or Vista? On XP, you can simply download WMP in another language and install it over the current version, according to http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html : Q: How do I change which language of WMP that I have installed? I installed the wrong language. A: Download WMP for the language of your choice and choose Reinstall All mode, installing it on top of your existing install. You may need to update the desktop shortcut yourself, but everything else should be fixed. If th...

Link a calculation to a field item
I am currently designing a database and two of the field criterion are going to be safe and unsafe. I want to assign 5 pts for every safe when observations are entered into the database. The safes need to be total and averaged out of the total possible points after each audit entry. How do I link this up to safes, total and average? Please help Regards Dubbs Hi Dubbs, One of the important rules of database design is that totals and averages are not stored in tables in the database. When you want to show total and average safes in a form or report, base the form or report on a qu...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

Report based on field criteria
I have a form (frmJobs) with a field called ClientName. If ClientName is similar to certain criteria, I need one report to display. If ClientName is not similar to the criteria, a different report should display. This is the code I currently have: Private Sub PrelimRpt_Click() If Me.ClientName = "Apache*" Then DoCmd.OpenReport "DISAJobReport ", acViewPreview If Me.ClientName = "El Paso*" Then DoCmd.OpenReport "DISAJobReport", acViewPreview End If Else: DoCmd.OpenReport "JobReport", acViewPreview End If End Sub Unf...

Invoice report NOT showing the back order quantity field-but it sh
We recently upgraded to DGPv10 and our accounting department has noticed that the back ordered items are not showing on the invoices, only the items that have been fulfilled. I looked at the invoice report and it is set up to show/include the BACK ORDER QUANTITY FIELD. How can I get this field to actually SHOW on the invoice? What might we be doing wrong. It has been this way since we upgraded from v9 - v10 this past summer and the lack of the backorderd - material showing is haunting me. Any help would be appreciated. When you fulfill the orders, do you place the remain...

catalog merge group by field
I'm trying to do a catalog merge with multiple records grouped by a field. i.e. result would be Rubber Wedge WED15 $35 WED18 $38 PVC Wedge WEDP15 $22 WEDP18 $23 WEDP21 $24 Where the two recorde for rubber wedge are grouped by description field and the three records for PVC wedge are grouped by field. I cannot find instructions to do this in publisher help and there is no apparent button in the catalog merge area. Kevin wrote: > I cannot find instructions to do this in publisher help and there is no > apparent button in the catalog merge area. That would be because there is...

switching to windows 7
switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i access e-mails created in outlook express? Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7 Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and point to where you saved them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > switching to windows 7, ...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...

WORD fields
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I use the macrobutton a lot to create keyboard input fields in basic forms and templates. However, I can't find it in 2008. It seems to have disappeared from the document automation menu. HELP includes comments on what to do with it when it appears, but NOT how to insert it or its new location. If 2008 has done away with it, I need to know what the replacement or "work around" is. This is basic and important enough to me that I will revert to 2003 if this feature is gone for good... Please help. I just n...

How to insert field code in Word 2007?
Prior versions allowed insertion of fields via menu. Desired capability is to insert 'number of pages' in footer. As in 1 of N, where N is number of pages in document. 2003 and prior allowed this as a footer command or a field insert. Now the only option is to scroll through all the sample footers, pick the lonely example that includes the desired 1 of N, change the format, add the other footer information and finally done. Or, open an existing document and copy the footer and paste it. As with many "features" of 2007, deleting the field insert is not an improve...

Counting occurances of same data in different fields
I am creating a conference registration program that allows registrants to select up to three events to participate in. Is there an easy way to count the total number of registations for each event that occurs in the three selection fields? On Mar 16, 2:54 pm, Fred Morris <FredMor...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> I am creating a conference registration program that allows registrants to> select up to three events to participate in. Is there an easy way to count> the total number of registations for each event that occurs in the three> selection fields?I gather you hav...

Count off calculated fields
We run Access 2003 I have a report for salespersons which lists all salepersons and the total sales each one made for each week of the month. There are 5 fields on the line, one per week of the month. E.g. John Doe Wk1Sales Wk2Sales Wk3Sales Wk4Sale Wk5Sales Each of the Wk#Sales textboxes get fed by a function that runs a dsum function over the database. All sales persons will appear whether or not they met the quota for every week of the month How do I calculate the number of salespersons who met their weekly quota for ALL weeks of the month. Using the average o...

switching from outlook express to outlook
I keep getting a mail delivery error, either saying "password required" or "the operation was cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties section of the account, to no avail. Of course, Express asks me for a password before kicking in. Any suggestions? "Barrie" <bhharry@telus.net> wrote in message news:05eb01c39539$a1626300$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I keep getting a mail delivery error, either > saying "password required" or "the operation was > cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties >...