Some first problems using word 2007

Hello.
I have some problem using word 2007 first time.
Old documents don't appear as they used to.
When there is a header-style, I see that it is incorrect, and there is an
annoying number (1bu, 2bu , ... 20bu) at each header.

Second thing :
I change a line and other lines are change too.
I don't know where can I change a header-style, so I assume this may be the
problem.

Thanks :)

0
Mr

Are you saying that all of your existing documents have a problem with
numbering? I'm assuming you are referring to *headings* and heading numbers
rather than headers (the area above the top margin).

For assistance with the second issue, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/WholeDocumentReformatted.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mr. X." <nospam@nospam_please.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
> I have some problem using word 2007 first time.
> Old documents don't appear as they used to.
> When there is a header-style, I see that it is incorrect, and there is an
> annoying number (1bu, 2bu , ... 20bu) at each header.
>
> Second thing :
> I change a line and other lines are change too.
> I don't know where can I change a header-style, so I assume this may be
> the
> problem.
>
> Thanks :)

0
Stefan

Excel charts and Word docs
In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? In Ms Word go to Insert - Object - Create from File and select the xls file that contains your table. "Frustrated" wrote: > In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? Copy the range in Excel, switch to Word, and paste. Word puts the Excel data into a Word table. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Frustrated" <Frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90F...

OnActivateView problem
I have a class derived from CView, say CViewA. I have controls in a CDialogBar. when the view CViewA is activated I enable the button on the dialogbar and when it is deactivated I disable the buttons on the dialog bar. But i donot want the buttons to enable or disable when there is switch between same type of view. This is creating refreshing problem. First the CViewA, OnActivateView is called with bActivate equal to False, then the same function is called with bActivate equals to true. I used the following code to find which view is getting active:- CMainFrame *frame = (CMainFrame *)AfxGet...

Problems sharing a file
I'm running Excel 97 SR2 and Win98SE. When I share the workbook Excel wants to save the book. OK. It then notifies me that it contains macros & VB code ... OK. I then get an illegal operation message and it closes Excel without saving. When I open the file again, sharing is not enabled. Did I miss something? Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong? Oscar ...

Import data using macro
Hi, how do you use excel to import a text file using a macro to do the work for you? I start by creating a new workbook. Then turn on the macro recorder and open that text file. (Try not to make errors--it can make clean up troublesome.) Then format the worksheet (headers/footers/page layout/filters,freeze panes) exactly the way you want. When you're done, turn off the macro recorder. Close the imported file and back to your other workbook. Insert a giant button from the forms toolbar on the first worksheet (with instructions). Then save it. Now go into the vbe and start tweakin...

Use Outlook to send to contacts in a query
Is there a way to set Outlook to send to contacts stored in a query (or a table) WITHOUT just importing them and doing it that way? I want to create a database, set Outlook to look in it, and have it send to contacts whose contact information will be listed in that database. Alan: Yes, there is a way. But have you explored, and rejected, storing contacts in Outlook and creating Outlook Distribution Lists? If you really need to store your contacts in Access, then you could use VBA code in your Access database to start Outlook and send and an email (or Mailitem as Outlook calls it). Y...

How do I make one word have small caps?
Suppose I have a word named WORDED, and I want the "ORDED" part to become slightly smaller. I want it like "ORDED with smaller caps" and not like this "orded". I tried going selecting "ORDED and changing the font to small caps", but nothing really happened. How do i fix this? The usual way would be to type Worded (with an initial cap), and then format the whole word as Small caps. If the difference isn't sufficient, you could always type the word in all caps and format the W as 12 points and the ORDED as something significantly smaller...

First in First out
I need help in figuring out how to implement FIFO. I order a product and it is put in inventory with a PO and price. Then I may order some more in a few months before I use up all the old, it is added in with its own PO and price. Now when I take out of inventory I want to use up all the items from the first order then switch to the next one. Any help would be nic Thank Ji You need a date stamp at the time the product into inventory. Maybe use an "expected arrival" date on the PO. But how does this relate to Excel? Questions like this should be directed to: http://www.allexpert...

Self-Join Relationship Problem
I have two tables ---------------------------- tblLocation: ---------------------------- LocationID(text) LocationDesc(text) ---------------------------- --------------------------- tblInterconnect: ---------------------------- FromLocationId(text) ToLocationID(text) ---------------------------- Primary key for tblLocation is LocationID. As I want each location ID to appear only once in the From list with multiple occurances in the To field being acceptable, I set ONLY FromLocationId as the primary key for tblInterconnect. Relationship is: tblLocation.LocationId ---one-to-one----> ...

exchange problem
restart of the sbs 2003 r2 server sent out large batch of old mail (Some months old) and deposited 15-20 messages in various users inboxes from system administrator about undeliverable mail to reciepients that could not be reached. They are getting calls/emails from the reciepients of this old mail wondering what's up. Why did this happen and how can i find out what emails went out. They are not in the users sent folder for the day of the restart. Mike-in-Houston wrote: > restart of the sbs 2003 r2 server sent out large batch of old mail (Some > months old) and de...

problem with xml:lang
Hello microsoft.public.dotnet.xml! I need to parse some 'jabber xml' (www.jabber.org). I opted for using System.Xml.XmxDocument. The sample 'jabber xml' goes here: <message xmlns='jabber:client' from='chat@server.com/user1' xml:lang='pl' type='groupchat' to='user2@server.com/res'> <body xmlns:xml='http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace'> MESSAGE TEXT </body> <x xmlns='jabber:x:delay' from='chat@server.com' stamp='20040714T18:17:10'> chat@server.com </x> </message> The ...

Using Adobe with GP 7.5
I have just installed Abode Professional 7.0 on my computer and I can not get GP 7.5 to recognize that it is out there to send an email. When you print to screen, you only get the option to send via text. PDF is unavailable. Any suggestions as to what to do to get it to recognize it? Does Adobe have to be on the server too for it to be recognized. Thanks, Dawn What service pack of GP 7.5 are you on? I believe that the print to PDF was having an issue on that version up until either SP 4 or SP 6, I can't remember exactly. Also, make sure you do a complete install of Acrobat. ...

Sorting Problem #2
I have a spreadsheet that calculates check averages for sales persons. Column a contains salespersons name, column b is their check average. Column b contains a formula to return a blank cell if the salesperson hasn't worked yet ie, =IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(C154:I154)),"",AVERAGE(C154:I154)). I have it set up to sort by descending so that the salesperson with the highest check average is at the top of the list. The problem, is that the blank cells (salespersons who havent worked this week) are being sorted above the cells with numbers in them. How do I fix this problem so that the emp...

Accounts problem
Ok, so I was finally able to set up a second account with my new bank. During the initial setup process, I just selected a different bank then, once defined, I went into the settings and changed it to the proper bank. Now I'm having a different problem. The name of the account keeps reverting to it's original name. No matter how many times I try to rename the account, it always reverts. Sometimes it's when I start up Money and sometimes it's when I'm in the account's register. The drop down at the top of the register contains the original name. Additionally,...

How do I print just the first page in my received email
To me it looks like I can either print all, even or odd pages only. can I just print first page only, and how do I do that? HTML messages can be printed one page at a time if you use File, Print on the menu. You can also Edit a plain text message to change it to HTML be able to use File, Print. "PeterM" wrote: > To me it looks like I can either print all, even or odd pages only. can I > just print first page only, and how do I do that? > > Many thanks Mary..........When I'm looking at my email (please remember, this is my 3 day with outlook) how do I cha...

Problem with Handle count
All, I am having a problem with my handle count. The count goes up bur not down. Can someone please help. Thanks in advance. list.dat [AllServers] c:\DATTEST c:\test1 c:\download c:\test2 #include <windows.h> #include <process.h> #include <Winbase.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <tchar.h> #include <conio.h> void AppendToLogFile(char *szFileName, char *szData); extern "C" { WINBASEAPI BOOL WINAPI ReadDirectoryChangesW( HANDLE hDirectory, LPVOID lpBuffer, DWORD nBufferLength, BOOL bWatchSubtree, DWORD dwNotifyFilter, ...

the first
-- zdx840626��sina.com ...

Outlook 2007 Out of Office Assistant
I have Outlook 2007, but when I go to the Out of Office Assistant under Tools, the box that pops up looks like the Outlook 2003 version, without the additional options for dates, sending to only people within my organization, etc. What do I nee to do to get the Outlook 2007 version with these additional options? Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010. (The dialog defaults to legacy when working with an Exchange 2003 or later mailbox.) "KHolmstrom" <KHolmstrom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78DB6616-4929-4829-9D79-BE452021DEE5@microsoft.com... >I ...

Problems with Crystal and CRM Reports
90% of our users are having problems using the built-in CRM report system; things such as lead and contact reports. Here's a common error. Any ideas? ------------------------- Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Unable to access crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to log into crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to communicate with crystallogon.csp Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80049003 Query String: /_grid/grid_data_reports.aspxsortCol=title&am...

Summary Query based on First Occurrence
I've got a list of invoices for businesses, some which have multiple invoices on a given day. I want to be able to return ONLY the First Day a customer was invoiced AND the TOTAL for just that day. Here's what the data looks like: Account InvoiceDate TotBill A B C Corp. 20041231 3500.00 A B C Corp. 20041231 9500.00 A B C Corp. 20050131 1500.00 A B C Corp. 20050131 2000.00 BARBERS INC. 20041431 1500.00 BARBERS INC. 20041431 12000.00 BARBERS INC. 20050131 300.00 BARBERS INC. 20050131 470.00 Ideally, my Qu...

Custom border problem #2
Having difficulty creating a custom border around a text box in Publisher 2000. After seleccting the graphic to use, we get the message that Publisher cannot open the file. It is not a question of file complexity or on a network as we see the same message no matter where the source. The account in question is a limited account, which we are assured, has managed to create custom borders in the past. I tried making a border in the admin account and it works OK which would suggest it is a question of permissions, but why should be so and why did it work once but no longer? TIA TWK Can ...

Date/Time Filter problem
I am trying to filter a report using the date/time filter Between [Start Date] and [End Date] and the blasted thing works fine for 12/1/2009 - 12/31/2009 but then when I try to pull the report for 1/1/2010 - 1/31/2010 I get the "This expression is typed incorrectly or it is too complex to be evaluated" error. This is in a query (I have copied it below) based on a table that is populated by an Append Query. I have imported the data from McLeod (a trucking database) into Excel and linked the Excel file. Any clues on what could be causing this? SELECT [Prof Rev...

Modify default MS Project Server 2007 Status Report
I would like to modify the default Status Report sections (Major Accomplishments, Objectives for the Next Period, Hot Issues) in Project Server 2007 to match those of my organization and to be applied to ALL published projects. This would eliminate the need to incorporate these changes for every new project. Is this possible? Are instructions available for doing this? Captain Kirk -- No, there is no default way to edit the default Status Report template. Sorry. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http:...

Problems with connectors
Hi, I am trying to create an organisation chart. When I am trying to add more than one line to a box the line changes and joins onto one of the existing lines. There does not seem to be any sense to this, by the way I am running Visio 2002 Thanks Matthew ------=_NextPart_0001_06C5B057 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Connectors and shapes in Visio Org chart have been designed to connect only one shape to be associated with another shape. This is with the normal trend of associativity with (reporting to) one superior. For more associations, you can disa...

background problems
I'm runnig Microsoft outlook 2003. When using the a microsoft background I am told by my e-mail receivers that the background is partially covering my text message. I am using the engineering background in the left margin. My viewing area is fine with this background. Plaese help ...

How do I use a Defined Name range for a value series in a chart?
I would like to create a Defined Name range to use as a the value for a series in a chart. Example: Cell B2 equals January Sales; Cell C2 equals February sales; and cell D2 equals March sales. So, B2:D2 equals sales for Jan, Feb, and Mar. I can name that range of cells (B2:D2) "Sales". I would like to have a series in a chart named "Sales". Now, for the Values of that series, I could put B2:D2. However, I would like to put the Defined Name "Sales" instead. That way, if I have 5 different charts that graph monthly sales (B2:D2), to add April sales to the ...