Show/hide is showing although the button isn't selected- word 2007

I cant get rid of the show/hide option even though the button isn't selected.
Does anyone know how to fix it?  I have tried shutting down the computer but
it hasn't helped. This isn't a problem for other account users on this
computer.
Thanks,
Bec

The Show/Hide ¶ button toggles the display between showing ALL nonprinting
characters (formatting marks) and those that are specifically selected in
Tools | Options | View or Office Button | Word Options | Display.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"BecO" <BecO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cant get rid of the show/hide option even though the button isn't
>selected.
> Does anyone know how to fix it?  I have tried shutting down the computer
> but
> it hasn't helped. This isn't a problem for other account users on this
> computer.
> Thanks,
> Bec

0
Suzanne
3/26/2010 2:16:30 PM
Go to Tools > Options > View (or in Word 2007 go to Office button > Word
Options > Display) and make sure all the checkboxes for tabs, spaces,
paragraph marks, etc. are unchecked. The show/hide button only changes the
setting of the All checkbox and ignores any of the others that are
separately checked.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

BecO wrote:
> I cant get rid of the show/hide option even though the button isn't
> selected. Does anyone know how to fix it?  I have tried shutting down
> the computer but it hasn't helped. This isn't a problem for other
> account users on this computer.
> Thanks,
> Bec

0
Jay

missing buttons #2
I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mails and my send button and now my paper clip button are missing. I've checked in where you can add buttons but they're not in their either. What can I do to find them. Are you using Word as your e-mail editor? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:4E889BAD-E127-4AF8-BC98-7AB117D0B90B@microsoft.com, Sharon wrote: > I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mail...

Money 2007 E-Pay
Noticed this morning when I was paying my bills this anomaly. Perhaps I am missing something. Scenario: Paying a credit card bill. In Money 2004 (my previous version of Money) I would use Credit Card as the category and in the subcategory use the particular credit card account I was paying. Worked great. Money 2007, there is a new category named Credit Cards/Transfer. When selecting this there are no payee categories listed. However further down the list is another category named Credit Card. Using Credit Card shows the various payees. Not sure what the difference is between Credit C...

Junk button in windows live accidently pressed
Whenever I open up WLM i press sync automatically as a bad habbit. Because of the loading time, the junk button usually gets inserted before the sync button, pushing it out to the right after its loaded. I therefore accidently press the junk button by accident sometimes. This is a classic Microsoft HCI problem. Surely the button should be there but greyed out when you cant click it. Having buttons moving around in menus is bad in the same way popups are bad. So break your bad habit WLM will sync automatically when 1st opened peter -- If you find a posting or message...

Word problem
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Word will not let me insert a bibliography into my word document. When i go onto document elements - it is not allowing me to click as it is shadowed - ???? Since you don't specify otherwise, start with the basics: 1- Make sure Office is fully updated to 12.2.4 2- Make sure OS X is fully updated to 10.6.3 3- Repair Disk Permissions 4- Restart your Mac Confirming all of that it will make it possible to determine how to approach the problem. Until that's all done it's pointless to chase symptoms. Regar...

Getting an Error when there is nothing to show
-- The bottom of my report which is a statement shows #Error when there is no Invoices to add up. Can I have it blank instead. this my text Box Control Source thanks for any Help....Bob =Reports!rptOwnerPaymentMethod!subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount!tbAmount.Value Try: =IIf([subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[HasData], [subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[tbAmount]) Explanation in: Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.h...

OWA Password page not showing up.
I installed the hotfix from kb 833734. I've also tried to follow the steps found at kb 327843. However, when I set an account to "change password at next logon" and go to that account in OWA on a FE that's using forms based auth, it doesn't redirect to the page for changing an expired password. However if i direct my browser to that page manually and fill in the form, it unexpires my password just fine. Is this how it's supposed to work? Shouldn't it detect that it's expired and thus redirect me to the page for resetting my password? Thanks. This ...

2007 calendar
How can I create a 1 page 2007 calendar in publisher? File, new, publications for print, calendars, select one, select yearly... click Change date range. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7253E645-B0BA-4B90-BF7E-7083802EA379@microsoft.com... > How can I create a 1 page 2007 calendar in publisher? ...

VISIO 2007 -Text direction
can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change text direction command does not work. "kgbrat" <kgbrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DBF18B5-E1C8-4493-8BEF-F7D4C1538781@microsoft.com... > can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under > tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change > text > direction command does not work. You can use the Text Tool (The A with an circular arrow around it) and gr...

2007 License
I received a free Office SBA 2007 via an MS Partner Program as a download together with key There is no FPP, OEM or MLK designation. (The EULA in Word being dependant on the above) How can I determine if this is licensed to install on a second device, other than trying? - The PID? Contact the MS Partner Program? "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message news:uVA$w8lpKHA.4648@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... :I received a free Office SBA 2007 via an MS Partner Program as a download : together with key : There is no FPP, OEM or MLK designation. : (The EULA...

Userform combobox matchrequired = True; error with no selection
I have a userform that includes a combobox which is optional for the user, but if they do use it, they have to select one of the three values provided (no creativity allowed). This works fine if the user ignores the field, or if they make a selection. They can even click the combobox 'arrow' to see the values and then click to another part of the form without making a selection. They can tab through controls including this one without any problem. All good. However, a user may enter the field (mouseclick) thinking they might want to make a selection, then decide again...

Office 2007 11-23-09
Of all the choices out there (community discussion, dashboard, live, etc.) how can I contact someone with input on Microsoft's software. For example, I want to know why any one would not display the most common commands on the HOME tab in Office 2007. Print, Save, Open, Close, Spell Check, Undo, etc. etc. etc. Yes, I know you can customize your own Toolbar, but not a beginner. How can I emphasize how important this is, I don't suppose you can customize the Tabs. I would like to ask someone why they can't get input from those of us who teach their products. ...

hide/change color of selected row headings
Is it possible to hide the row heading numbers for selected rows (i.e. rows 51 and greater) for just the selected sheet? I'd like to have a color with no row heading number appear that matches the fill color I select for the adjacent cells. Secondly, any ideas as to how I can prevent the user from scolling further down than a certain point (i.e. row 51). Thanks in advance. Joe Row headings are either on or off, you can't hide some. However, you can achieve a similar effect by hiding *all* headings (Tools/Options/General) and putting the numbers 1:51 in A1:A51. to limit scro...

Macro to apply alternate grey/white shading to selected paragraphs
Dear Experts: I would like to do paragraph shading using grey shading alternately. Example: this is a sample text This is another sample text This is yet another sample text This may be the last paragraph acquiring grey shading This is the penultimate paragraph This is the last paragraph With these 6 paragraphs selected, I would like to run a macro which applies grey shading alternately to the selected paragraphs, i.e. grey/ white (no shading) alternately. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Use Dim oRng As Range For i = 2 T...

Using Risk+ with MSP 2007
We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? My hunch this not a generic issue, but surely best that you consult with the Risk+ people on this. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 02/03/10 18:08, Tom Mc wrote: > We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works > approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run > into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? W...

Autofilter reset button
I recently saw a spreadsheet (don't have the file) that used an Autofilter for the column titles on a freezed pane. Very standard set-up that most of you are well aware of. The big difference is that a Form-type button coupled with a macro was set-up to reset all Autofilters in use. All you did was press the button, named "Reset Filters" and voila - every user-defined Autofilter was reset back to the "All" setting. How can I replicate the same thing? Actually, I think you can record that macro. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/record_a_macro_in_microsoft_e...

Hide columns if there are no entry's in column
Hi everyone, I have a workbook with multiple sheets. One sheet is a overview from all the sheets and had all dates in it. Is there a VBA to hide columns when there are no entry's in it? The code has to work when I open the sheet "overview" Hope someone can help me with it! Thanks in advanced! Regards Berry Berry, If you have a row that when blank would indicate which columns to hide, you could use On Error Resume Next Rows("1:1").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireColumn.Hidden = True HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP <blommerse@saz.nl> wrote in message news:118...

Show only extended description on receipt
I have RMS set up in such a way that it shows the extended description of the items at the POS along with the regular description. When i print a receipt both descriptions print. Is it possible to print only the extended description, if so, how?? Hi Terry, You might downloaded the receipt format or done yourself customization. Just try to find first Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription and if you see another variable called Entry.Description Just remove the row or column with name "Entry.Description" It will work, let me know or send me email address I have already the customized o...

Bizarre background window behavior in Word
I am running MS Office for Mac 2008 (12.2.4) on a 2008 Intel iMac with the most recent version of Leopard OS. Since installing a recent upgrade to Mac Office 2008, I have been having a frustrating problem when I keep multiple documents open in Word. The active document will randomly be moved to the background, while one of the inactive open documents will randomly move to the foreground. Curiously, the inactive window now in the foreground actually remains inactive, and if I continue typing, the text is placed in the active window that is now hidden in the background. The only way to b...

Personal.xls not hidden in Excel 2007?
Hi, When I open a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 my Personal.xls file opens too, in a separate window. (I get a separate "tab" in my task bar.) If I remember correctly from Excel 2003 the Personal.xls was actually hidden and didn't open, but the macros in it were made available to open worksheets. In any case, that is the behavior I would like. Is there a setting somewhere that makes the Personal.xls stay hidden? I've tried putting it in program files/.../xlstart and in application data/.../xlstart. I've also tried making it a .xlsb file. Thanks, Sam I haven't tried...

Access To Word Mailmerge
I have setup a Mailmerge that is run from Access. The process works like this: 1) The proper record is selected in an Access form which automatically starts the process. 2) Word is called up automatically, it shows both the template and the doument with the proper data in it. 3) Access is closed automatically. 4) The user then needs to close the mailmerge template. 5) The document with the proper mailmerge information inserted from Access is up on the screen. At this point a shortcut is triggered by the user that adds a document of the users choice to the end of the curre...

show last data point in chart
Hello, I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? Thank you. Nathan - > I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? < Click the charted data once to select the entire data series. Pause. Click the single point to select it. Then use the Format menu. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com Thanks for your reply. Well, that would work if I knew which point on the chart ...

Showing the perimeter of a set of (X,Y) data!
Good day all, I need to plot the perimeter of a set of data. I have a set of (X,Y) data with error bar and it is a nice mess so I just actually need to see (show) the area were the data can be found. Then hopefully overlay an other set of (X',Y') data and show that they both cover the same surface of existence. i.e this is a set of metrology measurement in X and Y of a part build from different mould. Obviously you get a nice cloud of X and Y but does the new material offer the same 'cloud' ? Thank you I think the easiest way to do this is plot the data on a XY Scatter cha...