Set template to save in different location

I've created a Word doc template and I would like to arrange it so that
when someone first saves the document the folder they are prompted to
save in is not 'My Folders' but some other network location I've
specified in the template. Is this possible?

--
TobyR
0

TobyR wrote:
> I've created a Word doc template and I would like to arrange it so
> that when someone first saves the document the folder they are
> prompted to save in is not 'My Folders' but some other network
> location I've specified in the template. Is this possible?

It is possible, but only with a macro. The article
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/ChangeSaveAsPath.htm explains the
technique, although not how to write a complete macro.

Install this macro in your template (see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if needed):

Sub FileSave()
    If Len(ActiveDocument.Path) = 0 Then
        With Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs)
            .Name = "Y:\temp\"
            .Show
        End With
    Else
        ActiveDocument.Save
    End If
End Sub

Change the path in quotes to the location you want. It could be in UNC
format (\\server\share) instead of a mapped drive path.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

0
Jay

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

How can I open outlook in a different inbox, i.e.hotmail ?
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 i Windows XP and opens in its own inbox. Is it possible to set it to open in the Hotmail inbox where my mail is found? ...

How to set backcolour

Rule can't be saved, wait a few minutes...?????
Dear all: I am using OWA on SBS 2003, I created several rules for my incoming messages. Now, when I try to create or edit any of the rules I get the message: "This rule can't be saved, wait a few minutes, and then try again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator." Do you know why this may be happening??? I read the article at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;241325 regarding the space on the server but I don't think that's the problem. In addition, the article above does not say that it applies to Exchang...

Pulled Over Links Not Saving
Dear All, I Was Woundering if some would could me with a slight Issue I Have, Which to Forms. Regarding With Linking. Situation Form "Projects_QSearch" and form "Projects_Analysis" The Q Search Form Opens a Form Where its Displays the Projects Details of Projects Number IE Q559807 When I Open the Q Search Form The Results are there! Then What I Have Is a Project Analysis Forms Which Can Be Open from this form, and have Extra Additonal Fields Which is Saved into a Seperate Table. But There's about 10 Fields The Same in this Form, So instead of the User Having to ...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

build chart template; then add series one by one
Hello -- This chart will plot data imported from one or more text files. We want 2 buttons on a UserForm which will allow the user to 1 - erase the old chart and build a new chart "structure" 2 - import one series (in text file) at a time and plot it on the chart (this code works) "Structure" means: 1 - rectangle representing the chart area 1 - chart title 3 - Y axis major gridlines 4 - Y axis scale = range 0 to 5 5 - Y axis title blank 6 - X axis scale = blank 7 - X axis title ' "Time in seconds" 9 - no legend I have been able to achieve this result only ...

Appointment duration different between Outlook and MS-CRM
Does anyone know why an All Day Event on Outlook and an All Day Event in MS-CRM have different durations. It seems that an All Day Event in MS-CRM is calculated based on the individuals start and end times in their CRM user record but an Outlook All Day Event is the full 24 hours regardless of the start and end time you set up in Calendar options. This makes it difficult to use CRM for reporting the total amount of time spent working on a lead or opportunity if individuals are creating all day appointments in Outlook and synchronizing the data back to MS-CRM Any ideas? -- Simon Morri...

Reading Pane Settings

How do I create a template where the header cannot be changed?
WORD - Not powerpoint I am creating a MS word 2007 template and am having trouble with the headers and footers. I have put a section break in the first page and ticked different first page. How do I lock the headers and footers - if I delete any text between page 1 and two the headers disappear. Can you help? Why not post your question in one of the Word groups, since it's a Word question? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 ...

Path\File name length problem Excel Crash on save as
I have a problem saving a file in code using: thisworkbook.SaveAs The problem is if the file and path length is greater than 150 then the Excel app crashes. I have tried this over a network as well as a local drive. Has anyone ever seen this problem? Thanks in advance, Stewart Rogers ...

Can I import 100 addresses into MapPoint, locate and print all?
I want to import and display up to 100 addresses (within a three county area) on a map that I can enlarge and print to a plotter. Can this be done with MapPoint? If so... How? Jaws wrote: > I want to import and display up to 100 addresses (within a three county area) > on a map that I can enlarge and print to a plotter. Can this be done with > MapPoint? > If so... How? MapPoint is a separate product from Excel. Bill From within MapPoint you can import the addresses from an Excel worksheet. I don't work with MapPoint but on experiment using Data>Import I...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I color specific data series based on location on data she
I have about 150 data series in a chart and I want to color e.g. 10 of them red based on where in the data sheet they are located, e.g. data i column J to T. Is there an easy way to do this? Format one of them the way you want. Select the other series you want to change and press F4. This may be difficult with 150 series, however. "Havard" <Havard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F62297E-447B-4507-8D4A-A2C9A38C08EA@microsoft.com... > I have about 150 data series in a chart and I want to color e.g. 10 of them > red based on where in the data sheet ...

How do I set OOR

Set Focus

What is the formula for getting time difference e.g. ("4 hrs 15 m.
I have 2 rows - one has a start time and other has the end time. In the third row, i want to display the difference between two times. And it should come in this manner... "4 hrs 15 min".. what would be the exact formula? Regards sandeep A B C 1 Start Time End Time Delta 2 8:00 10:20 =B2-A2 You'll then have to format the C column to have time in the format you want. "Sandeep Manjrekar" <SandeepManjrekar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AA54934-E119-46AE-8822-E...

saving multiple sheets in a workbook
I have 1100 worksheets in a workbook all named after what I need to save them as, but I can't find any kind of "bulk save" where Excel can take each of the sheets and save them as individual files vs saving them all in a workbook. I don't want to click on "Save as" for each of the files, then manually enter the name of the worksheet, especially since there is no hotkey assigned to "save as". Does anyone know of a way around this? Or perhaps a shortcut for doing it? Hi Try http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.ro...