Search / Replace Expressions Question

I am trying to replace spaces with tabs where the format is something like

12.2121    19.2141
12.2121    19.2141

and I can't just search on 5 spaces and replace with tab because there are
other occurences of multiple spaces in the document so I need to pattern
match. I got this far

[0-9]    [0-9][0-9].[0-9]

but am not sure what to put in replace.

I was hoping

[0-9]^t[0-9][0-9].[0-9]

meaning keep what was there but use tab instead which doesn't work. Pretty
sure there was a way to say ok now that you found the pattern, just replace
(this)

Any help appreciated.

Never mind thanks, answered my own question, for anyone who is curious;

Separate the three parts of the search with paretheses in order to identify
them;

([0-9])(    )([0-9][0-9].[0-9])

then did replace as

/1^t/3

meaning use the first pattern as is, then add a tab, then use the 3rd part
as is.  Nice stuff.

"msnyc07" wrote:

> I am trying to replace spaces with tabs where the format is something like
>
> 12.2121    19.2141
> 12.2121    19.2141
>
> and I can't just search on 5 spaces and replace with tab because there are
> other occurences of multiple spaces in the document so I need to pattern
> match. I got this far
>
> [0-9]    [0-9][0-9].[0-9]
>
> but am not sure what to put in replace.
>
> I was hoping
>
> [0-9]^t[0-9][0-9].[0-9]
>
> meaning keep what was there but use tab instead which doesn't work. Pretty
> sure there was a way to say ok now that you found the pattern, just replace
> (this)
>
> Any help appreciated.

Money Questions
Hi everyone. I've been using Microsoft Money for awhile, and I realized that there ar= e = alot of things about money that I do not understand. Eg. 1. What's the difference between reconciliation and cleared? What's the = = use of the flags anyway? 2. How do I clear multiple transactions in one go? 3. If there are differences in my Microsoft Money savings bank account, = = how do I handle it? Do I create a new transaction with a new 'missing = money' category? 4. Is there a way to choose what column gets displayed in the Account = Register view? I'd like the ...

Searching for Newsgroups

Search & replace in formulae

Search engine optimization

post callout questions
Hello, I'd like some easy-to-use step-by-step instructions how to use post-callouts, beyond the info in the SDK. I now know what it is I need to do, and I need to know how to do it. If there is anyone out there that has done this, I'd appreciate it if I could pick your brain. The phrase 'register your interface as a COM+ application' sounds really cool, but I don't know how to do this. There is a 'Microsoft CRM Integration' component that came with the standard CRM installation, and I would like to know if I can use this component to process Incidents when they a...

Sharing outlook express files
If this question is to the wrong ng apologies and please point me in the right direction! I have two computers, both running XP home, linked through a recently acquired Dell wireless router. I want to be able to use either machine for email, using the same email files. The older machine has my email .dbx files. I have shared the folder concerned and made it writable. On the newer machine (laptop) I use Outlook express tools->options->maintenance->store folder and point it at the folder on the other machine. Tells me it will happen next time I restart Express...but nothing happens, ...

excel VBA

Question on Article 822940
We have created a couple of test domains in our envoriment. When we add Exchange users to the test domain they appear in the Default Global Address List. I would like to prevent users in the "test" domain from appearing in the default global address list. I noticed in article 822940 it goes thru the steps of limiting access to the default global address list. I would like to keep this intact and make it so the other sub domains are not listed in the default GAL. What is the easiet way to do this? Thanks! ...

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

Please help with access expression
Hello, I was hoping someone could assist with the following expression in access that combines the Left function and Len function: I have column called ID, which has about 700,000 records and each ID can be anywhere from 7 to 10 characters; however, I all IDs to have only 7 characters and this means removing characters that are greater than 7. For example, smith09 is fine, but smith09990 would need to reduced to smith09. Basically, i need an expression that will check every ID and, if ID > 7 characters, use the left function to cut it to 7 characters. Please let me know if yo...

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

Display search results
Using OneNote 2010 Beta: file tabs are on the left; how can I make search result tabs appear on the right? Now they don't appear at all: the first search result is displayed in the middle of the screen (that's fine) but no way to move to the next search result, nor any way to scrool them all the search results. I'd like to see all the search result tabs listed on the right so I can choose the one I want (as was the case with the version of OneNote that got replaced by 2010 beta). Many thanks for any help. -- CH I can't really visualize what you want, but h...

recover a deleted folder in outlook express
I have accidentally deleted email folders in outlook express. Is there a way to recover those? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have accidentally deleted email folders in outlook > express. Is there a way to recover those? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup and read http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ -- Brian Tillman ...

how to find and replace a symbol in my worksheet
I need help with finding and then replacing a symbol in my worksheet. In the find and replace box there is no way to insert a symbol there. I have tried to cut and paste as well as to insert the symbol in the find box. If anyone has an idea on how to replace a bullet with a comma please let me know. Thanks TC TC In the Replace What: box you would hold down the ALT key then hit the ascii code number on the NumPad. Bullets are usually ALT + 0149 So.........select the cells. Edit>Replace what: ALT + 0149 you will not see anything in the what: box, but it is there. with: , Replace...

Increment Question
Can anyone explain how to setup an automatic simple increment counter. I just want the first column in each row to increment by 1 so it would be like 1 2 3 4 and so on.... Your help will be greatly appreciated. Chris Chris, Some ways - enter 1 in A1. Then hold down the Ctrl key and fill down A1 - enter 1 in A1 and 2 in A2. Then select A1:A2 and fill down - enter 1 in A1. Select A1:A100. Do Edit>Fill>Series Step=3D1 To fill down, point at the little black square in the bottom right = corner of the cell and drag down. HTH Anders Silven "Chris" <nospam@nospam.com&g...

Ex 5.5 DL Question
Is it possible to limit it which users can sent mail to a Distribution list within my Exchange Org? an example of this is I dont want just anyone to be allowed to send mail to my "everyone" group.....I only want to allow Management & IS to have this ability. Thanks in advance for any help. Brian That's a feature of later versions of Exchange. "Brian Ullrich" <brianu@nospamtechinfo.cc-nospam> wrote in message news:Ockg8v9MEHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to limit it which users can sent mail to a Distribution list > within my Exc...

Including imap folders in outlook 2003 search folders
Dear all, Is it possible to include imap accounts/folders as providers for "virtual" search folders in outlook 2003? At the moment, I only see the option to check folders in my personal folders but not to include imap folders. The reason that I ask is that I would like to be able to get a complete view of follow up tasks across all my accounts (1 pop3, 2 imap and 1 hotmail). Only the pop3 account gets delivered into the personal folders and is included in the follow up a nd unread search folders. Thanks for your help in advanced. Raj ...

Range Question
I would like to be able to grab the row information from the first Do-While loop (column D) and use it to create a range for the ActiveCell.Copy and PasteSpecial (column J), instead of using a loop to find once again an empty value. This works, but I couldn't figure out the code for the range to make it run faster. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike Range("D2").Select Do While ActiveCell.Value <> Empty ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select Loop For I = 1 To 15 ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).EntireRow.Delete Next I Range("J2").Select...

Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? For example, a cell may have a formula such as =3+5 You can search and find the 3 or the 5. The cell with show 8, is it possible to search for an 8 and have it find this cell? TIA Yes. In the Search dialog, choose Options and select Look in Values. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "berj" <berj@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:WbednSOFT7Cbp57fRVn-1Q@adelphia.com... > Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? > > For example, a cell may have a formula such as > > =3+5 >...

How do I upgrade from outlook express to outlook in windows xp?
I have windows xp which comes with outlook express, but I would rather have outlook? I did this on my other computer a while ago, but I got a new computer and don't remember how I did it. Please help!!! Nibal wrote: > I have windows xp which comes with outlook express, but I > would rather have outlook? I did this on my other > computer a while ago, but I got a new computer and don't > remember how I did it. Please help!!! You don't remember how you did it...?! Now this is a long shot but, maybe, just maybe, you *bought and installed it*? Crazy notion, I know.....

Search Form Problems
I have a form that has two fields in it. The first field is for a ID number, and the other is for the projects name. I am having a problem with using the form for as a search tool. Some of the values are duplicates in the drop down, I wanted to know how to properly filter the combo box so that the values can only be seen once. The Row Source is the name of the table that the fields are from, however this only words for the ID combo box and not the project name one. For some reason the values are from the ID column in the project name's combo box as well. To counter this problem, I si...