Search for a document using keywords in Word properties tab?

I'd like to be able to search for a document based on only the keywords
entered in the Document properties in MS Word 2007

Say I want to search every proposal I submitted that included our Latin
American division.  In the keywords I enter the division, the product, and
the Sales person who brought in the lead.  i'd like to be able to seach my
directory using the keywords.  I can't find a way to do tihs, and it is
frustrating to have a feature (all of the document properties info) that is
useless.

In the search bar of Windows Explorer enter:

keywords: Latin America

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"DFF" <DFF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to be able to search for a document based on only the keywords
> entered in the Document properties in MS Word 2007
>
> Say I want to search every proposal I submitted that included our Latin
> American division.  In the keywords I enter the division, the product, and
> the Sales person who brought in the lead.  i'd like to be able to seach my
> directory using the keywords.  I can't find a way to do tihs, and it is
> frustrating to have a feature (all of the document properties info) that
> is
> useless.

0
Doug

Problem with data using IF and Nested IF statements possibly???
Afternoon All I am attempting to analyse data from multiple worksheets from numerous people the incoming data all has one thing in common column A this is a certain frequency a job is done. The problem is that there are many ways of entering the data ie 12 months or 52 weeks or 365 days all essentially meaning the same thing. My idea is to collate the data in col A and then using the Helper column as the standard frequencies ie if cell A1 = 12 months, closes frequency in helper is 52 weeks therefore value in C1 = 52 weeks. By using an IF statement I can change the value of one frequen...

Drop-down, listbox or what to use for this?
My application has keywords maintained in a tree-structure. Whenever the tree structure is modified, I create a flattened version of the tree. This table has four columns, the key and 3 keyword 'tiers', T1, T2 and T3. My problem is how will the users select keywords? They need to do this in the minimum number of keystrokes. They need to be able to select at any tier e.g. there may be: T1=Software, T2 = MSOffice, T3 = Powerpoint In a conventional, drop down, if the user entered 'Pow', Powerpoint would not be listed because its not at the beginning. Ideally, when the user en...

Automatic Date in Word Document
I need to create a document that I will be sent as an attachment to an email. I want the document to automatically reflect the date the document was sent. I do want to open the document itself. How do I do this? Thank you. -- valerie The only dates that are available to you are 1. A date that you manually enter into the document 2. The date on which the document was created (by use of the { CREATEDATE } field 3. The date that the document was last saved (by use of the { SAVEDATE } field 4. The date upon which the document was printed ( by use of the { PRINTDATE...

How do I get clip art to appear when saving a publisher document .
When I "publish to the web" a newsletter document in Publisher (office 2003), the clip art files are coming up as a red x. Any ideas on how to fix this? Make sure all of your pictures are uploaded to the web as well as the document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:992B10D5-1878-4F9F-8440-CE47027931C6@microsoft.com... > When I "publish to the web" a newsletter document in Publisher (office > 2003), > the clip art files are coming up as a red x. Any ideas on how to fix...

Using the Office 2003 Web Services Toolkit
I was curious about accessing the CRM web services from Excel or Word so I installed the web services toolkit for Office 2003 but when I try to add the web reference for CRM I get... "The Web Service References Tool could not generate the requested code. Any changes that have been made to your project have been rolled back." Has anybody used this successfully? Thanks Greg Still haven't found an answer but would like to if anyone else out there can help. Thanks again Greg gstat wrote: > I was curious about accessing the CRM web services from Excel or Word > so I inst...

student language tools tab in word 2007
Hi, My niece uses office home and student 2007 (especially word) at school and it is also installed at home on the pc...but she says that there is tab that is missing from the home pc, it is student language tools which shows all the french accents, so when she types a word that requires an accent she clicks on it and the accent automatically goes into the word...does anybody know where to enable this? My guess is that this is provided by an add-in or other customization on the school system. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama...

Searching for Newsgroups

Why is it so slow to use outlook to view hotmail account?
I am trying Office outlook for my hotmail email account. As I use OE before and it is very fast when I switch between folders. I setted up a hotmail account in office outlook, and It became so slow to show the folder contents when I click the folder, all of email headers in folder "inbox" and "sent items" have been downloaded, and some emails have been read. Please advise me how to make outlook fast working with hotmail or msn email account. ...

Word document lost even though it was saved
I received a Word document, downloaded it, altered it, saved it, then tried to email it back, but could not find the document. What I think I must have done is clicked on "Open" rather than "Save" when I was downloading it. However, after making my alterations I definitely did save the document. Surely it must be stored somewhere on my computer? But all my searches for the file name are not coming up with anything. It is not listed in my recently opened Word documents. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. There may be a small chance of recovery; see ...

Search & replace in formulae

Diconnext text boxes in document
We have some documents made in Publisher around 15 pages long with the text autoflowing from one page to the next. We would like to separate these into separate text boxes on each page. The problem is when we turn the connect feature off, we lose all text on all pages after that. How can we turn off that feature and make each page its own text box, without losing anything?? Has anyone else run into this? and what are we doing wrong? You aren't losing the text, if you re-size the first text box you will see all the text is there only now it is trying to be on one page. You can ha...

Cannot Double Click to open Excel 2000 documents
I cannot double click on Excel 2000 documents and get them to open. I get an error stating it cannot find file: 'c:\file and path\Excel Spreadsheet filename.xls'. I have checked all the settings within Excel and cannot find anything that seems out of the ordinary. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office. Word and other files work normally. I only have this problem in Excel Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel...

Word 2007 won't show readability statistics
Although I checked the boxes for check grammar with spelling and show readability statistics, Word never reports the readability statistics after a spell check. Anyone know why? ...

Search engine optimization

Exchange User Properties on Exchange 5.5
For about 10 minutes none of my client machines could access the properties for the exchange server (i.e. to change the server or client settings for authentication). I do see any errors in the event log. Are there any processes that run that can cause such a problem. At about the same time I did see the database was defragging. Thanks EMcGrath@HCA_NOSPAM_Vendor.com <EMcGrathHCANOSPAMVendorcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >For about 10 minutes none of my client machines could access the properties >for the exchange server (i.e. to change the server or client settin...

Using HTA
Hello, I need to use .HTA files along with some of my forms within the CRM. I just want to know whether it is advisable to use .hta files in MS CRM1.2. Will this continue to be supported in future versions? Regards, Venkat Hi: Can you give some more detail as to exactly what you want to use HTA files for? John. "Venkat" <venkatb@servion.com> wrote in message news:b42d01c43748$8ff2bf00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I need to use .HTA files along with some of my forms > within the CRM. I just want to know whether it is > advisable to use .hta files in MS...

using VLOOKUP in a text box
Hello, I have a user form with textbox1 and textbox2. I want to enter a phone number into textbox1, and then I want textbox2 to be populated from another sheet based on the value in textbox1, just like a lookup table. So the name of the person whose phone number is in textbox1 will appear in textbox2. Does anyone know how to do this? thanks I created a small userform -- two textboxes and a commandbutton. This was the code behind the userform: Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim res As Variant Dim LookUpRng As Range If Me.TextBox1.Va...

Using VBA to switch to a particular Access database
Need a bit of help, please, with some VBA code that I've written in Microsoft Outlook 2007. It is intended to call up a specific Microsoft Access database and open a particular form and subform, so that it can then go on to take various actions based on the values from Outlook. Here's the basic code: ------ Sub SwitchToProjects() Dim appAccess As Access.Application Dim ThisDatabaseFileName As String ThisDatabaseFileName = "C:\myFile.mdb" Set appAccess = GetObject(ThisDatabaseFileName, "Access.Application") appAccess...

Can't use openURL or access internet on some locations
I have previously raised a question where openUrl threw an exception in a specific office location. However the problem I have now is that the application just freeze when I call openURL. It seems as it is waiting for something. This only happens at one company so far the company does have a proxy but so do I at work and I have no problems. I have also tried the Microsoft TEAR sample and it behaves the exact same way, it says "Opening internet...Connection made" and then it just stops. If I run it on my computer it gets the webpage and everything finishes ok. I have tried to set t...

Live Preview
I have created a custom ribbon in Word 2007 template for a client. They wanted a button that offers only their custom themes, they don't want to see the default ones, and I have made a custom gallery which does that. The question is, does anyone know if I can apply live preview to a custom button? They really love the live preview on the default theme buttons, but I can't find a way to do that to the custom gallery. Any ideas would be really appreciated. Thankyou for all your help Aehan ...

Access 2007-Displaying Two Forms in One screen with tabs
I want to have a form open up with tabs across the top to enter different information. An Example of this would be the students template, click on student information, then there is a tab for parent/guardina information then a tab for Medical information and then a tab for attendance. I cannot seem to get this programmed for my database. Can someone please help me. -- Thanks, Rackerman Not sure what your specific problem is, but here is some basic info about tab controls. You can put the basic student information controls on the first page of the tab control. To put c...