Save word 2003

I run windows XP with word 2003. I recently performed a system reset with
some back up software. After which word 2003 wouldn't save any documents.
There is 2G of memory left on the C drive so it's not lack of space. I've
read other strings about this but can't find a solution, a previous string
talked about removing "Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)" but I don't
have this in my list of updates (this advice was from 2006 though?)

Any help greatly appreciated.

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then repair
Office 2003 from the original installation disc. If that doesn't fix it, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm or
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Tony Lynch" <TonyLynch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I run windows XP with word 2003. I recently performed a system reset with
> some back up software. After which word 2003 wouldn't save any documents.
> There is 2G of memory left on the C drive so it's not lack of space. I've
> read other strings about this but can't find a solution, a previous string
> talked about removing "Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)" but I
> don't
> have this in my list of updates (this advice was from 2006 though?)
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.

0
Graham

Using word templates as email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to ask how I use a word template as an email template? I have found an easy solution for PC on MS own website but it does not apply for Mac...I know this must be straightforward but simply select-all, cut, paste into new message does not work and template falls apart....help !!!! You can't do that in Microsoft Office for Mac. You have to write the email in Word then use File>Send to>Mail recipient (as HTML) from inside Word. It still makes a mess of it. Best to simply forget about it: ...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

how can I search for underlined words in version 2007 of word.
how can I search for underlined words in version 2007 of word. On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:23:02 -0800, shawn <shawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how can I search for underlined words in version 2007 of word. Open the Find dialog, leave the "Find what" box empty, and press Ctrl+U to turn on the underlining format to search for. Click the Find Next button. If you need to find double underlining, press Ctrl+Shift+D instead of Ctrl+U. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all...

Save and save as

Multiple Quarantine Folders in Outlook 2003
A user showed me that her folders list has recently grow multiple quarantine folders: Quarantine, Quarantine1, Quarantine2, etc. The is not a shared computer. The only reference I can find is something to do with the Cached Mode. But is there something I am missing? Client PC Windows XPSP2 Office Outlook 2003 Server (Internal) Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2 Exchange Server 2003 SP2 IMF with regular updates to filter file Thanks in advance, Mike "M" <nothing@nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:OliqA7IfJHA.504@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >A user showed me that her...

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

Exchange 2003, Sender ID and MSGFILTER.DLL
We are in the process of enabling Sender ID on our Exchange 2003 SP2 system. During testing we ran into an issue with Sender ID, SPF records and subnet masks mentioned here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910272 I have applied this Hotfix and it appears to have resolved this issue. I have since discovered there are numerous other Hotfixes that update MSGFILTER.DLL and the most recent that I can find is: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951639 This updates MSGFILTER.DLL to 6.5.7653.37 Is it safe to assume that this updated DLL contains the changes in the previous updates? ...

Linking Word and Excel #2
I have a Word document with a large number of tables linked to cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The tables in the worksheet are in the same order as those in the Word document. I would like to insert a new table between other tables linked to the Excel spreadsheet but when I insert the new table between the others in the Excel spreadsheet, it invalidates all the other linked information. I take this to mean that the links are not absolute references. Is there any way to do this without having to reconstruct the links? Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 Outgoing mail error & workaround
I have very funny problem. Everytime I sent outgoing mails, outlook throws a system error mentioned below. In order to solve this problem, every time before sending outgoing mail, I have to open outlook express and send a dummy message to myself. and then I have sent the email from outlook 2003. It looks very funny. But its really painful. Any light on this. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test message Sent: 05/05/2005 3:54 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'me@mydomain.com' on 05/05/2005 3:54 PM ...

Problmes with full migration from Word and Excel 2003 to 2007
A while back I installed Office 2007 but left Word 2003 and Excel 2003 as the default programs for opening doc and xls files. A number of months later I made 2007 the default for both, but left the 2003 programs on the system. The changed default worked fine for Word 2007. Occasionally, the default for xls files would get reset to Excel 2003 for no apparent reason. I finally removed Word 2003 and Excel 2003 programs altogether. (Still have Access 2003 and OneNote 2003 since I don’t 2007 versions of those). I think I have some kind of overhang from my stepped approach to mig...

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

Outlook 2003
Hi all, we've recently migrated to a new exchange box, but some accounts on the terminal server are still pointing to the old box. Is there a microsoft tool or supported way of changing this without us manually having to have users contact support to change the setting manually? thanks Outlook will correct itself as long as the old server is still up. Other than that and since your looking at a TS, is there a reason why you need to keep their OS profiles on the TS? or another way of looking at this, if I was a brand new user logging onto TS, how is my Outlook profile b...

Installing CRM on 2003 Web Edition
Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. The implementation guide is says it is a supported OS, I am planning on attaching WS03 Web Edition to an SBS 2003 server. I know that the supported configuration has everything on the single SBS box, but I would much rather put some things on other boxes. I am also planning on putting SQL Server on its own box as well. Any comments on this configuration? thanks, Geoff Hi, Beware that SQL Server cannot be installed on a Web Server edition ! -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft Business Solutions Support Ce message est fourni...

Trying to display Chinese SimSun font in Word X
I have a Word document where part of the document is in the Chinese font SimSun. It opens perfectly in Mac Office 2008 on my computer. I need to have someone else work on this document. They have a really old Mac running Mac Office X. They have installed the SimSun font and it appears to be active in the system. If they open the document in Word X the SimSun characters just appear as lines. If they open a new document and select SimSun as the font and type they get standard Roman characters. I have never really worked with a non-Roman character set before and am not sure what else to ...

Word as Email Editor #9
I have a user on a stand-alone Win XP/ Office 2K system who all of a sudden can no longer use Word as his email editor. I found KB article 223934, (link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223934) but this involves people who haven't completely removed Word 97 - that is NOT a factor on this system. Does anyone out there know any other reason why the message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." would come up? Thanks, -Monica, Dallas amethystm@hotmai...

Error starting Outlook 2003...
Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Professional... When starting Outlook up I get this error message: Error in registry for extension "Exchange Extensions;?" The syntax or format of the registy entry is incorrect. Check the registry settings and compare the registry for this extensions to other extensions in the registry." Any clue what this is? ...