Reversing text in MS office 2007?

I have entered over 400 names on my document list, first name first, last
name last.
I need to change it a last name first, first name last. How do I correct
this issue?

Thank you in advance for your help.

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 10:14:01 -0800, PitStop09
<PitStop09@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have entered over 400 names on my document list, first name first, last
>name last.
>I need to change it a last name first, first name last. How do I correct
>this issue?
>
>Thank you in advance for your help.

Look at Example 1 in http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm
(about halfway down the page).

That sort of find/replace works properly only when each listing
contains only two names. It doesn't know how do deal with middle
initials or multi-part names. If you have those, you need to manually
remove the space character between the parts that should stay
together, and replace it with a nonbreaking space
(Ctrl+Shift+spacebar) before running the wildcard replacement.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"PitStop09" <PitStop09@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have entered over 400 names on my document list, first name first, last
> name last.
> I need to change it a last name first, first name last. How do I correct
> this issue?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

0
Doug
11/15/2009 7:31:02 PM
The others have mentioned Graham's method. I would use Excel to do that. You
can separate the text into two columns and then maintain that list. I've
found an Excel spreadsheet is a better tool for lists like that than Word
is.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"PitStop09" <PitStop09@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have entered over 400 names on my document list, first name first, last
> name last.
> I need to change it a last name first, first name last. How do I correct
> this issue?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

0
JoAnn

Checkbox in Excel 2007
how to create a checkbox in Excel 2007? Thanks. tony Thanks a lot. i got it. "shah shailesh" <shahshaileshs@hotmail.com> ���g��l��s�D:OVG2pgttHHA.3356@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > 1.. Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Program Name > Options, where Program Name is the name of the program you are working in, > for example, Excel Options. > 2.. Click Popular, and then select the Show Developer tab in the Ribbon > check box. (3rd item) > 3. Open Developer Tab from Ribbon. Click Insert Button from Controls > Group. Select check bo...

Dual boot in reverse
Hello, I have dual boot system: driveC --> WinXP driveD --->Vista Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. How to do that without reinstalling Vista? Your thoughts appreciated, Claire On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:00:12 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote: >Hello, > I have dual boot system: >driveC --> WinXP >driveD --->Vista >Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. >I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. &...

Finding Duplicated Text within Columns
I'd be grateful if anyone could help me with the following: I have 2 columns, both contain a number of items, some the same, some not; eg: Column A: Column B: Row 1: apple pear orange apple orange Row 2: orange banana banana orange Row 3: peach banana melon grape apple orange I need to compare the columns and find which rows are NOT exactly the same and, preferably, to identify the differences. For instance, in the above example, I would ignore Row 2 as the cells contain the same items (albeit in a different order), but I w...

Formating Text in a List Box
How do I increase or format the text in a list box? Thanks! In the Properties Box you can set the Font, Style and Size. PC "PSTEWART" <PSTEWART@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C26CF8F6-8C68-4809-9F49-54041CCCE9B1@microsoft.com... > How do I increase or format the text in a list box? Thanks! Thanks for your post. When I create a "list box" from the Forms toolbar, the properties box does not have any options to change the font size. I am assuming that the text size is set to the default text (font and size) of the workkbook.. "PC&...

vertical text not drawn at correct location
The code below illustrates the problem I am having. A rectangle is drawn in the center of the display. Text is suppose to be drawn at a 270 degree angle and centered in the middle of the rectangle. Instead, the text is always drawn to the far to the left of the rectangle. If I change text escapement to 0 degrees then the text is correctly centered. Can someone suggest what mistake I am making? Thanks in advance. Ian CMyView::OnDraw( CDC *pDC ) { // create font CFont oFont; LOGFONT oLF; memset( &oLF, 0, sizeof(oLF) ); oLF.lfHeight = 25; oLF.lfOrientation = ...

Converting Numerical Values Into Text #2
Genius! I've just tried it, and it worked (I had to copy and past special into a text formatted column before it would import into custom list, but it worked). Thank you so much! Cle -- cleadavi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cleadavis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1658 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31446 ...

"Non-commercial use" of OneNote after upgrade to Office Standard?
Just a quick licensing question. I just upgraded from Home & Student to Office Standard. After installing Standard, I then uninstalled the Home & Student edition. When I started Office Standard for the first time, the "non-commerical use only" headers were there for a second or two, then disappeared and never came back. So that's fixed. BUT -- I still want to use OneNote, so I reinstalled it from the Office Home & Student CD. Unfortunately, it still displays the "non-commerical use only" header. I would think that since I've...

REVERSING TEXT
HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO T.SHIRTS spike <spike@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO > T.SHIRTS YES. PLEASE READ REPLY TO YOUR FIRST POST. Please do not talk in all caps. It is considered shouting and makes your post difficult to read and is rude. Your first message ("how do i reversie pictures and text for printing to t.shirts") is directly below this one and has been answered by yours truly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Text Formatting when using CONCATENATE
I have several columns of data and I'm using the CONCATENATE function to combine the data into one column on the right, which is simple enough. But I need to extend on this by keeping the formatting of the text as it appears in the original columns. For example, if Column A is Bold (*ONE*), but Column B is italic (-TWO-), how can I have the text in the result column keep the original formatting (*ONE* -TWO-). This is a problem which has had me lost for ages, so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Steve --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Steve, You ...

CTreeCtrl text backwards
Hi, I am using a CTreeCtrl, and setting the text for a tree item as follows: SetItemText(hTreeItem, "AAA BBB !!!"); Unfortunately, when the tree item is displayed, the exclamation marks appear at the beginning of the string, instead of at the end of the string ("!!! AAA BBB"). What's going on? Thanks. Don Works fine here.. show us the surrounding code. Rail -- Recording Engineer/Software Developer Rail Jon Rogut Software http://www.railjonrogut.com mailto:rail@railjonrogut.com "Don Gurr" <__dgurr@veriteq.com__>...

Importing text file corrupts my database
I'm running Entourage in Office for Mac 2008 on a MacBook under Snow Leopard 10.6.2. First I cleared out a lot of old emails and folders but there were three emails I could not delete. This then linked to the database being or becoming corrupted and rebuilding it failed every time very near the end. I eventually resolved that by manually dragging every folder to make mbox files and constructing a new identity - never done that before. The new database is fine and uncorrupted, BUT, every time I import my list of contacts from a delimited text file the database corrupts again ...

Formulas reversed
Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slash has become "multiply" and the star has become "divide". In other words, these two symbols are reversed. Have no idea how this happened. How can it be reversed back to normal? thanks. Please give an example of formula, values of input cells and result of formula -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56D666E-70CD-4E8F-97F9-1FAD9CE92024@microsoft.com... > Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slas...

How to display a text field of numbers as text?
I have a table in which data are entered and categorized according to a cost code, e.g., 14.2, 21, 14.2.6.4, etc. I created a combo box (I also tried a text box) so the user can only enter in the correct cost codes. The data type of the cost code is text because a number with multiple decimal points will not work The problem is that when I run a query to gather records, the resulting table does not conatin the text of the cost code but rather a number of which I know not where it comes from. I tried format properties indicating that a character is not needed but that did not work. ...

Outlook 2003 and ACT! 2007 (9.0)
Will this version of Outlook import contact data from the latest version of ACT! Paul Fenton pfenton@nospam.plgassociates.com It depends on what formats Act! supports for export. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Paul Fenton asked: | Will this version of Outlook import contact data from the latest | version of ACT! |=20 |=20 | Paul Fenton | pfenton@nospam.plgassociates.com Thank you Milly. It's a moot p...

INSERTING ROWS OF TEXT
HOW DO YOU INSERT ROWS OF TEXT BETWEEN ROWS WHEN YOU NEED T O ADD LINES FOR EXAMPLE IF I NEEDED TO 2 MORE ROWS BETWEEN 6 AND 7 Joe, Please don't post in all caps -- it is considered rude and is hard to read. You can add add two rows between rows 6 and 7 by selecting selecting rows 7 and 8 and choosing Row from the Insert menu. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "JOE" <PLAN@SBSGLOBAL.NET> wrote in message news:03a201c38e8d$dff368b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > HOW DO YOU INSERT ROWS OF TEXT BETWEEN ROWS WHEN YOU NEED &g...

Count Text Data
Using 2007 on Vista If I've got text data which in some columns either has data or there is a blank, what formula do I use to count how many cells have text in them per column? Many thanks =COUNTA(A2:A200) will count everything except blanks post back if you have numbers as well that should not be counted -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom <weewillie@anon.com> wrote in message news:lfm764d39m4prld1iiqllpjuen7a1eptoq@4ax.com... > Using 2007 on Vista > > If I've got text data which in some columns either has data or there > is a blank, what formula do I use to count...

office 2003 05-27-10
Hello, I installed a few months ago Microsoft Security Essentials. A few days later, Office 2003, told me that the version I used was not an original. Recently I have been able to open my office documents. I changed the key Office 2003 but I still can not open my Office documents while the new key is an original version. I can not open Office documents on my computer but I can open them on another computer with Office 2003 and even with Office 2010 beta. Thank you. Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0): ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data--> Va...

MS Money General Question
Hello, I am trying to keep track of my cash transactions on Money 2000. I have been recording my cash withdrawals each month and with each withdrawal, I enter all of the things purchased with cash that month using the split. This allows me to categorize my cash purchases. However, I may not spend all of the money I withdrew that month, or I may spend more than I withdrew (using money I had leftover from the previous months). What are the best ways to record this? I have been putting the amount that is leftover in the cash unaccounted for category, using either a plus or minus <#&g...

Possible to reverse a row of entries?
Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. thanks Rick Hi in B1 enter =OFFET($A$10,-(ROW()-1),0) and copy down for ten rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rs wrote: > Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of > entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through > #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. > > thanks > > Rick Ric...

MS Project Integration
Has anyone seen MS CRM linked to MS project. The idea being to automatically creat a project with an opportunity (use of project template...) Regards Antoine ...

Reverse arrow for hyperlinks

Reverse engineering
I have to document an Access 97 that has grown like wild blackberries. The database's creator has left us no documentation at all and I would like Visio to extract as much information as possible. So far I have extracted a good UML of the tables. Currently I am doing screen dumps of the forms to show what the screens look like - then pasting them into Visio. What else can I do? Can I extract the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules also - and save and print these out from Visio? Please advise. As I remember there was a "database documenter" with Access. I don...

Can I reverse the order of data in a set of cells?
I have a column of cells filed with data. I know I can transpose the data 90 degrees, but is there a way to cut or copy the data in the cells and paste it so the values are in the opposite order, i.e. a 180 degree difference? Thanks to anyone who can help. I am using Excel 2003. One way, insert a new column or use an existing, number it from 1 - n (where n is the last index value you want to reverse the order of, so if your column is 100 rows number the help column 1, 2, 3 - 100) select both columns and sort descending on the help column -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "salwitt"...

CRM 4.0 - Word 2007 - mail merge
OK, so I've read a number of blogs detailing the mail merge process. Open in Word, save as XML, import to CRM, edit and add the mail merge fields. Simple, right? My organization has about a dozen mail merge templates which worked very well in CRM 3.0. I was fully aware I would probably have better luck just re-creating them in CRM 4.0. No biggie. I've done so and mail merge in CRM 4.0 is ... shall we say less than stellar. Mail merge on the Contact entity does not work at all. For any user. Mail merge on the Account and Opp entities works sporadically. Literally from one user to th...