Reverse Page Numbering

Hi,

I'm not sure this can be done, but ... going to ask anyway.  XP Pro SP3 and
Office 2002.

Is there a way to reverse the order of pages in a Word document? Last page
becomes first, next to last becomes next, and so on.  Instead of 1, 2, 3,
.... the physical appearance changes to 42, 41, 40 ... 3, 2, 1.

I have a Word document which is displayed 'upside down': In other words, the
LAST page is page 1, next to last is page 2, and so on down to the first
page, which is page 42, but at the bottom of the file; last page shown.

This is meant to be an onscreen reference, so printing in reverse order
won't suffice; access is going to be onscreen. I made some brief tests as
simply cutting/pasting the pages into their correct order but quickly got
lost and botched the job; mainly because as soon as you move a page, its
page number changes in Word, so without making each page large enough to see
and comparing next/following pages, one gets lost pretty quickly. Thought
about a macro, move bottom to position 1, bottom to position 2, etc, but I'm
not able to get anything to work. I just don't know VBA well enough.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to accomplish this?

TIA,

Twayne

0
Twayne

Word is not a page alyout application so there are no 'pages' as such, but a
continuous document flowed to the page layout settings, as dictated by the
current printer driver. What may work for you is to output to a PDF printer
driver, such as PrimoPDF (or of course Acrobat) and set the option to
'print' in reverse order. This will produce a document viewable on screen
with Adobe Reader that is in reverse page order, retaining the original page
numbering.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure this can be done, but ... going to ask anyway.  XP Pro SP3
> and Office 2002.
>
> Is there a way to reverse the order of pages in a Word document? Last page
> becomes first, next to last becomes next, and so on.  Instead of 1, 2, 3,
> ... the physical appearance changes to 42, 41, 40 ... 3, 2, 1.
>
> I have a Word document which is displayed 'upside down': In other words,
> the LAST page is page 1, next to last is page 2, and so on down to the
> first page, which is page 42, but at the bottom of the file; last page
> shown.
>
> This is meant to be an onscreen reference, so printing in reverse order
> won't suffice; access is going to be onscreen. I made some brief tests as
> simply cutting/pasting the pages into their correct order but quickly got
> lost and botched the job; mainly because as soon as you move a page, its
> page number changes in Word, so without making each page large enough to
> see and comparing next/following pages, one gets lost pretty quickly.
> Thought about a macro, move bottom to position 1, bottom to position 2,
> etc, but I'm not able to get anything to work. I just don't know VBA well
> enough.
>
> Any thoughts or ideas on how to accomplish this?
>
> TIA,
>
> Twayne

0
Graham
1/20/2010 6:39:30 AM
In news:Ot2RNtZmKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
Graham Mayor <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> typed:
> Word is not a page alyout application so there are no 'pages' as
> such, but a continuous document flowed to the page layout settings,
> as dictated by the current printer driver. What may work for you is
> to output to a PDF printer driver, such as PrimoPDF (or of course
> Acrobat) and set the option to 'print' in reverse order. This will
> produce a document viewable on screen with Adobe Reader that is in
> reverse page order, retaining the original page numbering.

 I've solved it with a rather clunky macro I wrote so I'm all set now.  It
failed to move the graphics pages but there were only a few of those, so no
problem. The OCR that created it used Section Breaks with starting the next
section on a new page, so it wasn't too hard to figure out.  Then at the end
I had it replace the section breaks with page feeds to maintain the page
splits and all worked out.

However  you wish to interpret Word's or any other apps method of handling
pages is fine with me. Turned out to not be a big problem, fortunately.
Unfortunately though the page numbers weren't part of the document; they
only existed in the application that displayed the pages.
Cheers,

Twayne`

> "Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm not sure this can be done, but ... going to ask anyway.  XP Pro
>> SP3 and Office 2002.
>>
>> Is there a way to reverse the order of pages in a Word document?
>> Last page becomes first, next to last becomes next, and so on. Instead of
>> 1, 2, 3, ... the physical appearance changes to 42, 41,
>> 40 ... 3, 2, 1. I have a Word document which is displayed 'upside down':
>> In other
>> words, the LAST page is page 1, next to last is page 2, and so on
>> down to the first page, which is page 42, but at the bottom of the
>> file; last page shown.
>>
>> This is meant to be an onscreen reference, so printing in reverse
>> order won't suffice; access is going to be onscreen. I made some
>> brief tests as simply cutting/pasting the pages into their correct
>> order but quickly got lost and botched the job; mainly because as
>> soon as you move a page, its page number changes in Word, so without
>> making each page large enough to see and comparing next/following
>> pages, one gets lost pretty quickly. Thought about a macro, move
>> bottom to position 1, bottom to position 2, etc, but I'm not able to
>> get anything to work. I just don't know VBA well enough.
>>
>> Any thoughts or ideas on how to accomplish this?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Twayne

0
Twayne

Using postcard in page setup
Using the postcard setup, 4 copies of my design on one page, the bottom two designs are partially cut off when I print. Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Cheri" <Cheri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:869CB31F-2CF4-4DD8-8E3F-C5CFD7527522@microsoft.com... > Using the postcard setup, 4 copies of my design on one page, the bottom two > designs are partially cut off when I print. ...

Moving a Text Box on a page
I am starting my third newsletter. Most pages have two text boxes side by side equidistance from the borders with a space in the middle between the two columns. This time I can't seem to use the up/down/left/right arrows to move my text boxes where I want to place them. Selecting the text box & dragging it is not satisfactory as the range is too large. The little vertical circles (top one green) connected by a vertical line are displayed when I click/select the text box I wish to move. But the text box won't move when I select the arrow keys. What am I doing wrong or no...

how would you calculate the number of hits to your website
Hi ,' can some one tell to me the answer of this question On a website, how would you calculate the number of hits to your website ...

Dual boot in reverse
Hello, I have dual boot system: driveC --> WinXP driveD --->Vista Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. How to do that without reinstalling Vista? Your thoughts appreciated, Claire On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:00:12 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote: >Hello, > I have dual boot system: >driveC --> WinXP >driveD --->Vista >Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. >I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. &...

Converting Accounts Payable Vendor numbers
Company uses GP (version 8.00g19) for about 5 years, but will be converting to 10.0 at end of fiscal year (after audit is completed). When company was first setup, vendor numbers in AP were randomly assigned numbers; with turnover, the new "regime" had started using an alphabetic system which has led to duplicate vendor IDs in the system when researching history. Is there a way to convert the old vendor IDs into the new IDs while maintaining history? Budgets are tight (as everywhere). -- pes Microsoft sells the Professional Tools module/library or you can go to an outside v...

if the numbers in sequence
Hi All, I have a 7 cells in a row like A1,A2,A3...A7. Each cell contains numbers from 1 to 13. Is there any way to make a formula to calculate if there is any sequence of 5 numbers. example if A1=5,A2=7,A3=8,A4=9,A5=10,A6=3,A7=4 not sequence A1=6,A2=7,A3=8,A4=9,A5=10,A6=3,A7=4 Try this =3DIF(AND(A2>A1,(A2:A5)-(A1:A4)=3D1),"Sequence","Not Sequence") Not just enter, Use Ctrl + Shift + Enter On Nov 15, 1:06=A0pm, baha <bah...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > I have a 7 cells in a row like A1,A2,A3...A7. Each cell contains > numbers f...

Applying Master Page in Publisher
I've created a master page (for a web page design) as instructed. When I add a new page and do "apply master", it doesn't work. Argh, can anyone help? Do not use the Master Page feature in a web publication. It does not work consistently and should be reserved for print publications. If you have design elements that will be common to each page, then when you add a page choose to duplicate a page, and then edit the parts that differ. If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com...

Outlook 2000
Hi, I have a problem with my Outlook 2000. As I often receive long Emails containing the complete discussion thread, I somethimes only want to print the first page. However different to all other Applications, Outlook denies the Option to select or restrict the amount of printed pages, only 'even or odd' pages can be selected. Does anyone has a clue? Bye, Tobias ...

How do I change the format of the page numbering to Page x of x?
In MS Word the page numbering can be Page x of x. How do I change the page numbering in MS Publisher to this? All it shows is Page x. I like it to show the TOTAL amount of pages in the document on every page. -- smags It can be done manually. I don't know if it can be done automatically tho. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "smags" <smags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5DEF577-154E-4F08-B549-824E595D4447@microsoft.com... > In MS Word the page numbering can be Page x of x. How do I change the > page > numbering in MS Publi...

REVERSING TEXT
HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO T.SHIRTS spike <spike@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO > T.SHIRTS YES. PLEASE READ REPLY TO YOUR FIRST POST. Please do not talk in all caps. It is considered shouting and makes your post difficult to read and is rude. Your first message ("how do i reversie pictures and text for printing to t.shirts") is directly below this one and has been answered by yours truly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

how to remove side number that show on the excel worksheet?
when i print out a worksheet it comes out with the number 1 - whatever on the left. I was wondering how to stop it from print those numbers? Try this: File|Page Setup|Sheet tab Make sure "Row and Column Headings" is unchecked. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "BEN" wrote: > when i print out a worksheet it comes out with the number 1 - whatever on > the left. > I was wondering how to stop it from print those numbers? If I understand the problem, it looks like you may need to go to FILE, PAGE SETUP, then SHEET and deselect a ch...

Formulas reversed
Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slash has become "multiply" and the star has become "divide". In other words, these two symbols are reversed. Have no idea how this happened. How can it be reversed back to normal? thanks. Please give an example of formula, values of input cells and result of formula -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56D666E-70CD-4E8F-97F9-1FAD9CE92024@microsoft.com... > Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slas...

Can I print 2 pages on 1 page?
Is it possible to print a 2 page document and double side it? Does the printer do that? I do a lot of printing of emails and they are occasionally more than one page. I was hoping that I could save paper and time by double siding my print jobs. Thanks in advance for any info! Hello, Angel lover; Yes and Yes. Some printers have that option. Check your print dialog. If yours doesn't, check for manual paper feed. If it doesn't have that, take all but one sheet out of the paper input tray. For these last two options, print as normal, take the printed sheet, turn it over, and pu...

how to write a number with 0
Hi how to write number starting with 0 for eg. i want to write number 021495566 i had tried but it gives 21495566 pls do the needfu -- NITESH ----------------------------------------------------------------------- NITESH G's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1759 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48272 Hi Nitesh, Try using the custom format: 000000000 --- Regards, Norman "NITESH G" <NITESH.G.1y475y_1131346800.4507@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:NITESH.G.1y475y_1131346800.45...

Section width greater than the page width
Hi, I have developed an application with access that prints reports onclick of a button.The pages are printed as snapshot .The report has large number of fields that it pulls while printing.It does print out all the pages but it has couple of blank pages after each page.Before printing it always gives a warning that says:'the section width is greater than the page width and there are no items in the additional space,so some pages may be blank.The report width may be wider than the page width.' Can you please help me solve this problem? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://...

Possible to reverse a row of entries?
Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. thanks Rick Hi in B1 enter =OFFET($A$10,-(ROW()-1),0) and copy down for ten rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rs wrote: > Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of > entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through > #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. > > thanks > > Rick Ric...

Reverse arrow for hyperlinks

how can I create sequentially numbered tickets on Publisher?
I'm creating theatre tickets in publisher and need to sequentially number each indivdual ticket. How do I do this? Use mail merge -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "phuerta85" <phuerta85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6A7D2E3-A976-47F5-90E9-5E0EFAC9327A@microsoft.com... > I'm creating theatre tickets in publisher and need to sequentially number > each indivdual ticket. How do I do this? ...

print macro to solve limit on page breaks #2
I have encountered the limit on the number of page breaks that exce allows, and I'd like to write a macro to work around this. My data is as follow: Part Number Location Quantity 12345 12 10 12345 20 15 12346 35 37 The macro should begin in row 2 determine that there are two rows to be printed (for part numbe 12345) print the range move to the next part, determine how many rows to print and so on until it reaches a blank row (or I could enter 99999 as th stopping part number). Any suggestions would be greatly appreci...

Reverse engineering
I have to document an Access 97 that has grown like wild blackberries. The database's creator has left us no documentation at all and I would like Visio to extract as much information as possible. So far I have extracted a good UML of the tables. Currently I am doing screen dumps of the forms to show what the screens look like - then pasting them into Visio. What else can I do? Can I extract the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules also - and save and print these out from Visio? Please advise. As I remember there was a "database documenter" with Access. I don...

IE8 Cancel page loading problems: Win7
Often, when a site is slow in loading, I try to cancel loading the page. This feature of IE8 doesn't seem to respond and seems to lock-up the browser. After waitng 20 seconds, I usually have to stop IE8 through the Task Mgr and restart the browser. I'm not running any 3rd party toolbars and my anti-virus is MS Security Essentials. This happens on both my machines: Win7 Home Premium 32-bit, Intel dual-core, Dell 9100 Win7 Home Premium 64-bit, Intel quad-core, HP p6240f Can your car come to a complete stop from high speed as soon as you hit the brakes? Is takes time f...

Bookmark a section of the page for email
I am creating an email newsletter from publisher. I tried to create a link to jump to a section of the page. I got it to work through HTML Code Fragment, but when I go to send it as an email it comes up as code, no link. I also tried creating a hyper-link but it would only bookmark a page not a section. I am at a lost. Is any one else having the same problem? Can this be done? ...

invalid page fault
I get the following error when trying to open outlook Can anyone help? OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module OLE32.DLL at 017f:7ff42b66. Registers: EAX=00400a94 CS=017f EIP=7ff42b66 EFLGS=00010212 EBX=0056e954 SS=0187 ESP=0056e918 EBP=0056e930 ECX=3fffff48 DS=0187 ESI=00401132 FS=4867 EDX=ffffffe0 ES=0187 EDI=00501000 GS=485e Bytes at CS:EIP: f3 a5 8b ca 83 e1 03 f3 a4 8b 45 08 8b 50 14 ff Stack dump: bff76e1b 00500d40 004014b8 004014c4 004014d0 ffffffe0 0056e960 30d0f73b 004014b8 00500d40 ffffffe0 0056e954 00000000 00ff122c 0069038c 00000000 ...

Page Header to show on 3rd page of reprt
I have created a report that has a sub report in a header of the main report. I would like the page header to show only at the end of the sub report records. I have set the page header property of the main report to "Not with Rpt Hdr". With this the page header starts on second page. How can I get the page header to start on 3rd or 4th page? Any suggestions on if this can be done, or how to get it done? Thanks in advance for your help. Nats On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 07:46:13 -0700, Natalie wrote: > I have created a report that has a sub report in a header of the main report....

How do you carry the first row of information to the other pages .
I want to take the headings from my first page and automatically use them as headers for the rest of the pages. How do I do that? Go to "File | Page Setup | Sheet" Under "Rows to repeat at top" click on the arrow and then select your rows. I.e., if you want the first three rows to be header for all other sheets, it will put in $1:$3. Hope this is helpful to you. "Pastor Rod" wrote: > I want to take the headings from my first page and automatically use them as > headers for the rest of the pages. How do I do that? LoriM has made a good suugestion ...