Return from a bookmark to its related hyperlink in the same doc?

I have a hyperlink to a bookmark in the same document.  Once I've activated
the hyperlink and Word has taken me to the bookmark location, how do I return
to the hyperlink location that I started at?  Here's what I'm doing...I've
created a hyperlink for a glossary term in the doc.  When I click on the
hyperlink, it takes me to the bookmarked definition in the glossary at the
end of the doc.  When I'm done reading the defintion, is there any easy way
to navigate back to where the hyperlink is in the doc?

I've tried Ctrl+F5, but that takes me back to the last place my cursor was
and does not recognize the hyperlink as that place.  I've also tried creating
a link out of the defined term and a bookmark out of the original
hyperlink...which works but that could be labor intensive as the glossary
grows.

Thanks!

Use the browser back button. If I'm not mistaken ALT+LEFT is the shortcut
for it. I know it isn't displayed on the ribbon anywhere, but you can add it
to the QAT. Under all commands, just look for 'Back'.

Yves

"CSchoech" <CSchoech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a hyperlink to a bookmark in the same document.  Once I've activated
> the hyperlink and Word has taken me to the bookmark location, how do I
> return
> to the hyperlink location that I started at?  Here's what I'm doing...I've
> created a hyperlink for a glossary term in the doc.  When I click on the
> hyperlink, it takes me to the bookmarked definition in the glossary at the
> end of the doc.  When I'm done reading the defintion, is there any easy
> way
> to navigate back to where the hyperlink is in the doc?
>
> I've tried Ctrl+F5, but that takes me back to the last place my cursor was
> and does not recognize the hyperlink as that place.  I've also tried
> creating
> a link out of the defined term and a bookmark out of the original
> hyperlink...which works but that could be labor intensive as the glossary
> grows.
>
> Thanks!

0
Yves
2/25/2010 7:15:33 PM
The command you want to look for is WebGoBack (which is Alt+Left), as
distinct from GoBack (which is Shift+F5).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Yves Dhondt" <yves.dhondt@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Use the browser back button. If I'm not mistaken ALT+LEFT is the shortcut
> for it. I know it isn't displayed on the ribbon anywhere, but you can add
> it to the QAT. Under all commands, just look for 'Back'.
>
> Yves
>
> "CSchoech" <CSchoech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a hyperlink to a bookmark in the same document.  Once I've
>>activated
>> the hyperlink and Word has taken me to the bookmark location, how do I
>> return
>> to the hyperlink location that I started at?  Here's what I'm
>> doing...I've
>> created a hyperlink for a glossary term in the doc.  When I click on the
>> hyperlink, it takes me to the bookmarked definition in the glossary at
>> the
>> end of the doc.  When I'm done reading the defintion, is there any easy
>> way
>> to navigate back to where the hyperlink is in the doc?
>>
>> I've tried Ctrl+F5, but that takes me back to the last place my cursor
>> was
>> and does not recognize the hyperlink as that place.  I've also tried
>> creating
>> a link out of the defined term and a bookmark out of the original
>> hyperlink...which works but that could be labor intensive as the glossary
>> grows.
>>
>> Thanks!

0
Suzanne

Integration Manager Inventory Return
It would be nice if Integration Manager could do an inventory return directly. We found ways to make it work by doing several integration's, but it would be nice if there was an integration that would do all of this directly. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mes...

How to Add Custom Attribute to N to N Relational Entity
Hi, we have inquiry entity that is relation to account and contact with n to n relation. ,Crm create a new relational table like inquiry_account and inquiry_contact automatically so How to Add Custom Attribute to inquiry_account and inquiry_contact Also, I need to update this custom attribute record when contact or account accept to inquiry On Jun 26, 12:43=A0am, MehmetCelik <mceli...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > we have inquiry entity that is relation to account and contact with n > to n relation. > ,Crm create a new relational table like inquiry_account and > inquiry_cont...

after 04 test drive vX docs don't open
Hi all - have Office vX installed... for some crazy reason, downloaded a test drive of Word 2004. Have uninstalled it - but now, double clicking on all Word docs(created in vX) results in an error. I have tried right clicking on a doc - get info - change open with from Office 11.x Default to Office 10.x - then selected Change All Documents of this Type... and no joy, the change does not stick! When I look at the Get Info - the app selected for opening is still Office 11.x 'Default'! I have tried the 'Remove Office' tool, I have cleared caches, I have deleted any prefs. S...

Hyperlink Function not working as expected
Hi, I want to create a hyperlink to another WORKSHEET in the same workbook. I wrote the following in Worksheet "Sheet1" and Cell A1 I wrote the following =HYPERLINK('Input Sheet'!E13,"Hi") Now, this cell A1 displays -Hi- and the font is blue color and it is underlined. but when i click on the cell (mouse cursor changes to HAND ) am not navigating to the --Input Sheet-- .What am I doing wrong ? (Please note a sheet by the name -Input Sheet- exists.) On the other hand If i make the hyperlink as =HYPERLINK("c:\q.xls", N10) -- then when i click on t...

Strange way of writing a hyperlink.
I'm running Outlook 2002 on a Windows XP. When I write a link in an e-mail like www.microsoft.com my emaileditor (Word) changes it to : HYPERLINK "http://www.microsoft.com" www.microsoft.com I can click directly on the link and go to the site byt I don't understand why the it doesn't just write the link as it normally does? Please help me, I'm going crazy :-) Tina When composing; Tools-> Options-> tab View-> uncheck option Field Codes -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create a...

How do I add a hyperlink to specific location in another document 04-09-10
I have a word 2003 document that I want to insert a hyperlink in. I want that hyperlink to go to a specific location within another Word 2003 document. There is a bookmark at that location; however, I can't figure out how to configure the hyperlink to get it to jump to that bookmark. For example, I want to jump to Chapter 4 of Document 1 (where I have a bookmark we'll call Chapter4). I create a hyperlink in Document 2 (Insert>Hyperlink) and browse to the path and filename of Document 1. After that, I'm stuck with what to do. Help says I can use a switch, like...

Returning a value for a number in a range
With my lacklustre Excel skills, I am struggling to build a table that allows me to score a number based on its location in a set of ranges. For example, I want to score any percentage between 90% and 110% with a 3, anything between 80% and 90%/ 110% and 120% with a 2, and so on. Any ideas on how I can do this easily? One way: =MIN(3,4-(CEILING(ABS(1-A1)*10,1))) another: =LOOKUP(ABS(1-A1),{0,3;0.1,2;0.2,1;0.3,0}) In article <2A869D2A-604C-4D34-ACCA-0C17D65EFB9D@microsoft.com>, "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > With my lacklustre Ex...

Stop "last modified date " from coming up on my invoice doc.
I just printed off my invoices and they all are printing with todays date on them instead of the with the date I made them up how can I get them to print with the original date? Sharon, do you have the date that you want to see on the invoice stored in a field in the Orders table? If so, does that date stay the same *in the table* after printing the invoice? UpRider "Sharon Greenlaw" <Sharon Greenlaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B04AFEFF-4A8B-458E-88DE-6204827FC2B3@microsoft.com... >I just printed off my invoices and they all are printing with to...

RMA Return G/L Posting
When a Cross-Ship RMA is received, it creates a SOP Return document. Where is the Sales Returns G/L account number pullled from? We have a whole bunch of Returns, posted in October through present, that have posted to totally unrelated G/L accounts. Actually, there are three different asset accounts that were used for the Debit account. It appears that our Posting Accounts setup is correct, as well as the posting accounts assigned to the Items and/or Item Classes. Any ideas? Is there any RMA file maintenance that we should run? "Elaine" wrote: > When a Cross-Ship RMA ...

Architectural decision; deriving classes from a common parent doc and view class or not
Hello, my name is Rainer and I�m currently doing my diploma thesis in a small company in my home town in programming an MDI/Doc-View/MFC-application. To make it short: My task is to design and implement a system, that visualizes (i.e. to draw objects in a coordinate system and show internal information about them in menus, or directly in the co. system ) Data generated by different signal processing approaches programmed in C. For each approach in a differnt window. The signal processing approaches produce all the same basic data, but each one of them delivers special information, that should...

Return Row based on value in column
Hi everyone, I have a master worksheet with all of my data... about 200 rows worth of items and 10 columns of information about each item. I am trying to write a formula that returns an entire row of information based on the value in a column. For instance, if I have a column labeled "Category", I want that entire row of information to be returned if category = "A". If it does not equal "A", then it should do nothing. It will then look at the next row, and the next, and apply the same condition. The goal is to have various worksheets broken out by "Cat...

Howto: Remove 2 x hard returns ...
Hi there, Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6408) SP1 Is there some place in Outlook I can set it not to insert 2 x hard return on the top of a new e-mail? I have created my own HTML signature and don't want the 2 x hard returns. Regards, Deon H ...

How to fill a bookmark in Wordml
Hello, I have a locked Word document (save as XML) in which I need to fill out the bookmark through ASP.NET And part of the xml is shown below: <aml:annotation aml:id="0" w:type="Word.Bookmark.Start" w:name="ContactName" /> <w:r> <w:rPr> <w:b /> <w:sz w:val="24" /> </w:rPr> <w:instrText> FORMTEXT </w:instrText> </w:r> .... .... <w:r> <w:rPr> <w:b /> <w:noProof /> <w:sz w:val="24" /> </w:rPr> <w:t></w:t> </w:r>...

Word 2007 Mail Merge hyperlinks to documents don't work
I have an Excel data file with a column titled attachment. In that column are hyperlinks to complete file paths to documents on our network. I want to send an mail merge email to our users with this active hyperlink. When I do the mail merge, it doesn't recognize the complete file path. Is says something about File Not Found. When I float my mouse, I can see a partial file path. If I change the hyperlink to a website (instead of a file path), it works perfectly. I have followed the instruction in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912679 {HYPERLINK {MERGEFIELD attachme...

Sending publihser doc in body of email
I'm trying to email a document in the body of an email instead of sending it as an attachment. I was able to do this once with 2002, and once since upgrading to 2003. I know the process, but I don't know how to make it work. My icon is not there when I'm in the document and the feature is not there if I try through *file* I've checked my settings and don't see anything that would stop me from doing this??? Help -- Kathy Kathy M <KathyM@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I know the process, but I don't know how to make...

Return 1 Item
If a customer purchases 5 items and want to return one of them at a later date, what is the proper procedure for this? I can recall a transaction for return, but I don't want to return all the items on the transaction, but only one. How do I go about this, and how do we know by looking at the original receipt that item(s) where returned? How is everybody else doing this? You can select line items and delete them from the return transaction by simply hitting the <DELETE> key. The original receipt won't change no matter what you do. I'm not really sure what you'...

How to hyperlink to another sheet in the same workbook
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In Excel 2004 when you want to insert a hyperlink to another sheet in the same workbook you have a &quot;bookmark&quot; function that allows you to select any of the sheets in the workbook. I don't see the &quot;bookmark&quot; function in Excel 2008. How do you do this in 2008. > In Excel 2004 when you want to insert a hyperlink to another sheet in the same workbook you have a &quot;bookmark&quot; function that allows you to select any of the sheets in the workbook. I don't s...

Error: This Web query returned no data
Hi all. I'm having problems importing data from my own ASP.NET web site into Excel. I create a new Web Query and enter the URL, and my data page shows OK. I select the table in which I am interested from the window below, but when I click Import, I get the error message: "This Web Query returned no data. To modify the query, click OK, click the name of the external data range in the name box on the formula bar, and then click Edit Query on the External Data toolbar." Agh! What is wrong here? How come it can see the data in the dialog box, but when I come to actually...

Error message syUserInRole returned the following results: DBMS:91
We replaced the hard drives on our server and we detached the smaller of the databases (Dynamics and test) and moved them off server, made a full backup of our production server, then replaced the drives, and rebuilt the array. When that was complete, I moved the smaller dbs to the new array and reattached them, then did a recovery on the production database. Everything seemed to work just fine until we tried to add a new user. Then we got an error message that the dbowner of Dynamics was not assigned (EM said it was), so I ran sp_changedbowner and set the owner to 'sa'. Now we...

Subtotals in Excel 2003 for doc exported from Sharepoint list
Am I going crazy? I just got XP today with Excel 2003. I know everything looks a little disorienting. But, I've got a basic spreadsheet, I'm trying to apply subtotals and the option is greyed out as is outlining. Is there a problem I don't know about. Any ideas why? Is the worksheet protected? Have you grouped multiple worksheets? And make a note of this--just in case you notice something different with your subtotals: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;831824 Multilevel subtotals are in the wrong position in Excel 2002 and Excel 2003 Holly OK wrote: &...

hyperlinks in excel won't open!!
I have recently copied my excel files to another computer and the hyperlinks don't work. i've open the link page in acrobat and in works but when a new hyperlink is set up it doesn't work. it goes to open a new window but then closes before the link appears. please help. ...

An hyperlink to a jpg file in excel opens with IE instead paint
How to change it? This is a question about Windows file associations, not an Excel question, but... this describes the fix: http://www.officearticles.com/misc/files_dont_open_when_double-clicked_in_microsoft_office.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Marcelo" <Marcelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E454EAC-7C19-4B5F-83E6-7C3EA0537411@microsoft.com... > How to change it? THANKS !!! I'll try it. (I posted another question since I wasn't able to locate this one for about an hour...) "Anne T...

IM-Sales Processing Doc 1 Error: The default site is not assigned
Hello, I'm integrating Items and Customers w/o error. I'm working on Sales Order Processing now and get this error: Doc 1 Error: The default site is not assigned to item xxxx I do assign it in the Inventory Integration specifically in: Inventory Item>Qtys/Sites Field=Default Site ID Rule=Use Constant Source=WAREHOUSE I've also assigned it in the Sales Transaction Integration here: SalesTransaction>Items>Item Detail Field=SiteID Rule=UseConstant Source=WAREHOUSE But this doesn't seem to make a difference. Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks Jerry Anyone? &qu...

Need means of validating incoming mail's return address in Exchange 2003...
Not sure if this is the right group to post to. This utility would reduce the amount of spam I receive along with using SPF. I have found address validation software to process a mailing list but nothing to validate at the mail server level. Thanks for any assistance. Slippin Through <USER@INVALIDDOMAIN.COM> wrote: >Not sure if this is the right group to post to. This utility would >reduce the amount of spam I receive along with using SPF. I have found >address validation software to process a mailing list but nothing to >validate at the mail server level. Thanks for any as...

Hyperlink datatype
Hello, I'm not sure if what I'm doing is right because my user keeps getting the error "Unable to open V:...... .pdf. Cannot open the specified file." My database is still Access 2003, I haven't upgraded it yet because I was only recently upgraded to Access 2007. I have listed our systems and the annual testing results in .pdf format (hyperlink datatype in the table). I have given the users read only access to where the files are stored and have listed it as a trusted location. I would like when they click on the system ID, the report opens up and t...