Resetting values in a dialogue box

Hi,
I need to do screen shots of the Cross-Reference dialogue box for a
demonstration. I need the listbox under "Reference type" to only
contain items (figures, headings, captions) that have been added for
the document I am working on. My problem is that under the reference
type, the options include all the captions that I have used throughout
all other documents I worked with with since the Word 2007 application
was launched. Is there some way to erase Word's cache of reference
types without rebooting the computer? I will be doing a presentation
and will not be able to reboot the computer.

Sincerely,
Rodriguez
0
rodriguez

If you start Word in Safe Mode, can you create your reference types and then
take your screen shot?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"rodriguez" <allanrodkin@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I need to do screen shots of the Cross-Reference dialogue box for a
> demonstration. I need the listbox under "Reference type" to only
> contain items (figures, headings, captions) that have been added for
> the document I am working on. My problem is that under the reference
> type, the options include all the captions that I have used throughout
> all other documents I worked with with since the Word 2007 application
> was launched. Is there some way to erase Word's cache of reference
> types without rebooting the computer? I will be doing a presentation
> and will not be able to reboot the computer.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rodriguez

0
Suzanne

Outlook 2003 Message column headers keep resetting
I keep seeing the column headers in the messsages pane reset to their Inbox defaults. This is really frustrating when I want to find an email I've sent as the To & Sent fields keep disappearing, to be replaced by the From & Received fields! Changing these back via the field chooser is both annoying & tedious - is there anyway to fix this issue? Create a new custom view with the layout you desire and switch between the default and the new one to change the view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Wi...

Sorting values
Hi, Hi, What i wanted to do was the followen : I have an excel spreadsheet which has the following columns Name Address Town Postcode What I require is some way that allows the user to choose a town (Towns are Buckie, Elgin, Forres, Lossie etc) and then form the list of properties corresponding to that town every 5th property in the list to be displayed. I was given the answer: Assuming your data is sorted on Town, and that the header for Town is in say cell C1, add a column to the end of your data (Assume Col E and labelled "VIEW"), and in say E2 use a formula such as =MOD(CO...

calculating with null values
I'm trying to calculate as below but the Bid Work Orders filed is sometimes blank and I cannot get it to work. =[Contract Amount Text]-([Assignment Cost Estimate Text])+(IIf(IsNull([Bid Work Orders Text]),0)) This will only make the BWO field = zero even if it has a value. I just need it to replace null with zero (w/i the equation, if possible). Thanks! Blank may not mean Null if the field is a text field. Try this (note that you're missing the second argument for the IIf statement -- what value is to be used if the IIf result is False?): =[Contract Amount Text]-([Assignment ...

Excel Text Box Controls
Is there any way to allow a user of a spreadsheet to cut and paste text in and out of an Excel Text Box? Is there a setting that I am missing? Also, the workbook is protected from altering specific cells. Ron, when protecting the workbook, deselect the Objects check box under Protect worksheet for (Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet). That will allow users to cut/copy and paste into and out of text boxes. (I'm using Excel 2000, btw. YMMV.) -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "Ron Green" <rgreen@elibertyban...

Hiding repeated values
I have a spreadsheet set up to track the outcome of various spread bet position. The profit/loss of each individual position is in column I, and in Column H I have a running total profit/loss using the formula =SUM(H4,I3)etc. My problem is that the formula extends to the bottom of the page, which I haven't filled up with positions yet, and so once it gets past the point where the individual totals run out, the same value repeats ad infinitum. Is there any way I can stop this, or at least hide the repeating values? I have managed this in my running average column using =IF(ISERROR(A...

Reset list
In Outlook2002 I can go to File, Open..., Other users folders... How can I reset that list so that it is empty? I have tried to delete the nk2-file but that didn�t seem to have any influence here. Regards Anette Open a lot of folders from someone else untill they are starting to fall of the list ;-) By recreating your e-mail profile the list will be gone. All info regarding this is kept in the registry; [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles] Note that this key has never been created for manually editing so back-up the ke...

#Value! Error when Concatenating
I am trying to concatenate two fields together. They are both numerical fields. I have never had a problem but for some reason some will work but most give me the #Value! error. I am using the 2003 version of Excel. Does anyone know why this is happening? There are no formulas in these two cells. I tried +C13&D14 and I also tried =concatenate(C13,D14) and even =concatenate(C13&D14) but I keep getting the #Value! error. Thanks Lyma, Did you try =C13&D14 ? What are in C13 and D14? Formulas? Beege "LymaBeane" <l-tater@cox.net> wrote in message news:11...

reset a combobox
hi i'm kinda new on excel. i want to create a button command linked to combobox; so that when i click on the button, it reset the combobox to nil. thxns in advance Girlie Set the Listindex property to -1 -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "girlie" <pris1_lee@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1159246903.687630.171770@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > hi > > i'm kinda new on excel. > > i want to create a button command linked to combobox; so that when i > click on the button, it reset the co...

Convert formula imnto values
Hi, In a column of my spreadsheet there are only VLOOKUP functions, all working properly. But now I want to replace that function, with the value found by that VLOOKUP function. I found something like doube click (in-cell editing) and then F9, but that only works for one cell at a time. Anyone who has any idea how to do that for a complete column or maybe complete spreadsheet. I expected a simple menu in Excel like "Convert formula into value", but that seems to be missing. Some help would be nice. Thanks ! "Peter" <Anthony@work.nl> wrote in message news:...

Adding control boxes
For some reason, I am getting an error message from access saying that I cannot create any more controls on this form. It says if I have deleted controls that I can save the file as another name. Is there a limit to how many control boxes I can place on a form? -- Sue McCarthy On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 13:05:00 -0700, Sue wrote: > For some reason, I am getting an error message from access saying that I > cannot create any more controls on this form. It says if I have deleted > controls that I can save the file as another name. Is there a limit to how > many control boxes I c...

reset
the mail incoming to irene ...

Open 'Save As' dialogue box using Macro
I have chosen to hide the Menu Bar. How do I let users save their work? I plan to create a button and assign a MACRO to it so that users can click and 'SAVE AS' their file by first typing in the file name. Can someone come out with a macro command for this? Also a macro command to EXIT button (without saving the file). Thank you so much. Zainuddin Z Hi Zainuddin, Try this... Sub Test() fileSaveName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(fileFilter:="Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls") If fileSaveName = False Then End Else ActiveSheet.SaveAs Filename:=fileSave...

Resetting
When ever I type an eMail it always comes out in red. How do I reset the color so that when ever I start to type it is in black. Thanks for your assistance. Stephen Reinstein SteveR7138@msn.com in outlook -- go to tools menu and select options click the mail format tab click the fonts command in the stationery and fonts section adjust to suit yer needs. "Steve Reinstein" <SteveR7138@msn.com> wrote in message news:usPEDdZfFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > When ever I type an eMail it always comes out in red. How do I reset the > color so that when ever I sta...

Q: hyperlink to value and not cell?
I have an Excel workbook (database) with three sheets. The first sheet is an index with hyperlinks to cells in the other two sheets. The hyperlinks are to alphabetical indexes ex: A 144 Snakes 145 T 146 Truffles 147 Turtles 'A' is the column and the numbers are the row numbers. I noticed that when I deleted a row on the second sheet, that the hyperlinks below that row stayed fixed to the cell to which I had assigned then and didn't shift up with the value to which I had intended the cell to link. Using the above example: If I had a hyperlink to A1...

cell value #2
I have a cell that will not accept a formula. I enter =B6 and the cell does not return the value in B6 but returns the text =B6. This is the only cell in a multi sheet w Help wiorkbook that does this. What's going on? Help will be appreciated. Thanks, Gulfman Hi The cell is formatted as text, delete the cell then go and format as General. Retype your formula. HTH John "Gulfman100" <Gulfman100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A3E3374-4D5A-4C1D-9CD8-E118C4E6143F@microsoft.com... >I have a cell that will not accept a formula. I enter =B6 and the cel...

How to read HTML "PARAM" value from Active X control
I am now writing VB6 Active X control that need to read back dynamic settings from HTML page PARAM like following: <OBJECT ID="UserControl1" classid="clsid:8D448F66-8D94-45FA-B31E-8096D82EE64F" <PARAM NAME="HOSTNAME" VALUE="www.hostname.com"> </OBJECT> How can I read back the HOSTNAME value from my vb6 code ? Thanks in advance. Rgds, Kenneth. ...

Workbook reference is reset to [0] in chart data source spec

how to reset up mail
i can not get or send e-mail .comes up pop3 and http sends error My crystal ball is broke. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2E8E673-5DEE-4A5F-B7D5-552ED26FA058@microsoft.com... >i can not get or send e-mail .comes up pop3 and http sends error Please provide the name of your email provider (a...

Create a check box for each row
I am trying to create an issues list in excel, and I want to add a check box in the field as the issue is resolved. Hi Nicholas, Install by rightclick on sheettab then view code then insert the following: Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal _ Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Target.row = 1 Then Exit Sub 'row 1 s/b column titles If Target.Column <> 2 Then Exit Sub If UCase(Target.Value) = "P" Then Target.Value = "" Else Target.Value = "P" End If End Sub Format the entire column with Symbol Font ...

Reset Window
I have a dialog app with a welcome window, then the main window. I want to be able to have a button on this main (second) window that resets everything in that window to its initial state. How can I do that? Somehow call the InitDialog? Thanks, Matt matt wrote: > I have a dialog app with a welcome window, then the main window. I > want to be able to have a button on this main (second) window that > resets everything in that window to its initial state. How can I do > that? Somehow call the InitDialog? > > Thanks, > > Matt Make your own Reset function and ca...

Outlook Reset
I just installed Microsoft Office. One of my children entered something in the username, password, domain name fields unknown to me. How can I reset this to enter new usernam, password and domain name? I cannot use the program at this point. I have tried deleting the program and reinstalling, but it keeps giving me an incorrect login message. 1. Delete the profile under Control Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles. 2. Create a new one. 3. Teach children to not play on YOUR computer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to th...

Getting RAND() value but NOT function?!?
Hi everyone, Say I am using a linear term such as " b * X "; where "b" is a parameter while "X" is a variable... Now, assume that "b" is RAND() value and assume I am using an excel optimizer. When I run the optimizer, it complains that the problem doesn't satisfy linearity conditions; because RAND() is a function so it turns "b * X" to become non-linear!!! I tried to go around this by creating another cell which copy and value-paste the RAND() value into it. It solves the problem, but now I have different problem: when RAND() value is ...

Year over Year (monthly) comparisons when Monthly Values are in a single Column
Is there a best method of showing Year over Year chart comparisons (data displayed by Month) when the monthly data points are displayed in a single column? Thanks for any suggestions or examples. Data is displayed like this: 201011 Value 201010 Value 201009 Value Etc.... On Apr 22, 1:30=A0pm, Dave K <fred.sher...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a best method of showing Year over Year chart > comparisons (data displayed by Month) when the monthly > data points are displayed in a single column? [....] > Data is displayed like this: > 201011 =A0 Value > 201010 =A0 ...

reset autonumber
Hi I am using a table to import data from text files. the text filess are daily files with about 60K rows per day. So after one month, I clean out the data and I want to reset the auto number I am using the follwoing code to reset the auto number: =========== Public Sub ResetAutoNumSeed(sTableName As String, sFieldName As String, num As Long) On Error GoTo ErrHandler Dim cat As New ADOX.Catalog Dim tbl As ADOX.Table Dim col As ADOX.Column Set cat.ActiveConnection = CurrentProject.Connection Set tbl = cat.Tables(sTableName) Set col = tbl.Columns...