Replace in more than 1 document

I'm familiar with Search & Replace, but wanted to replace a word in more than
one document at the same time, without opening up each document and doing the
S&R within that document.  Anyone know how?  If you can't, it would be a good
new feature.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:25:01 -0800, rfrench
<rfrench@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm familiar with Search & Replace, but wanted to replace a word in more than
>one document at the same time, without opening up each document and doing the
>S&R within that document.  Anyone know how?  If you can't, it would be a good
>new feature.
0
Jay

Crystal Reports and CRM 1.2
Hi, I have big problem and i see that i'm not unique. I install CRM 1.2 on the PC with SBS 2003, including SQL 2000 and Exchange 2003. All work good, i browse the web interface,sent e-mail, but i cannot make reports. The error is : CRISTAL REPORTS LOGON ERROR Please verify that you have enough Crystal Licenses. Our company is MS partner and i have license for CRM, but i havn't for Crystal Reports - may be this is a problem? The error, what recieve in Event Viewer are two: Event Type: Error Event Source: Crystal_WebConnector Event Category: (15) Event ID: 34400 Date: 1/8/2004 Time...

Forum Statistics * Forum Members: * Total Threads: * Total Posts: 1 There are 1 users currently browsing forums. =?ISO-8859-1?Q??= Community Links Social Groups Pictures & Albums Contact

Replace word in sentence function...
I have the following function which replaces a word in a sentence with "....." =REPLACE(I2,SEARCH(E2,I2),LEN(E2),".....") Where the word is E2 and the sentence is I2. At the moment, if the word is "work" and the sentence is "I worked at home" I get the sentence "I .....ed at home". Any ideas how I could capture any remaining letters at the end of the word and get the result "I ..... at home"? I'd greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance, Chris can you upload example, would be easier to view -- Message posted from h...

find and replace hyperlink?
Hi, I want to globally find and replace the contents of a hyperlink with a new hyperlink. For example, I want this Jul.xls#'Title Page'!A1 to be replaced with Aug.xls#'Title Page'!A1 I can't seem to find a way do it. Is there a way? Thank you, Mike Take a look at David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm look for: Fix Hyperlinks (#FixHyperlinks) If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm me wrote: > > Hi, I want to g...

5.2.1 NDR from external addresses
Howdy, I've migrated an NT4 system with Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2003 SBS Std Ed. One of the Public Folders was set up with an email address that could receive e-mails from any e- mail address. Under Exchange 2003, only senders with locally known domains can send to the public folder address. All other addresses get a 5.2.1 NDR. ie. Exchange 2003 is configured for recipient addresses of @example.com and @example.local. blah@example.com and blah@example.local can send to pf@example.com, but blah@test.com will get a 5.2.1 NDR. Size limits are not the issue here. The exact same test m...

Replacing Powerpoint 97 SR-2 on M/S Office 97 Pro Edit on Win XP
I dread asking this in case someone descends on me like a ton of bricks and says the answer is in the posts already! - but i I have never used the PP 97 which came with the MS Office 97 Pro Edit I have installed on my computer which uses Win XP with Ser Pack 3. I am about to embark on using PowerPoint for the FIRST time and wonder whether I should, before anything else, acquire a more up to date version first - and one that will work problem free with my XP - which version should I go for and will it, on loading, overwrite and replace the Powpoint I already have and still operat...

Search and replace problem
Hi, I have an Excel worksheets where in several cell's a symbol was added to mark the cell's "to review". The symbol used was "(*)". I have tried now to delete all the entries with a "search and replace", but Excel interpretes the asterisk as a DOS-symbol and deletes everythng between brackets. Is there a way to avoid that or to let Excel know that I only want to delete the specific characters. TIA Melissa It's because it is a wildcard, you can replace it by preceding it with a tilde ~ which tell Excel to find an asterisk in find what p...

replace a negative result with a zero?
I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is negative. Any help is greatly appreciated. -- Pam Well, what is the formula that you are using? You could try this: =3DMAX(your_formula,0) to replace your_formula. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 19, 5:17=A0pm, Pam2277 <Pam2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is > negative. =A0Any help is greatly appreciated. > -- > Pam Hi, =if(your formula<0,0,your formula) "Pam2277" wrote: > ...

compound document
What is the definition of a compound document in MS Office. Also what is object linking and embedding. And are the following items compound documents within the Microsoft Office framework:An external Excel spreadsheet linked into a Word document and A Web page "Cherie" <Cherie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C4D0AA2-22A3-42EC-9052-43383540C8E7@microsoft.com... > What is the definition of a compound document in MS Office. Also what is > object linking and embedding. And are the following items compound > documents > within th...

1.5%
For a short information, send a blanc mail to: sap36@freeautobot.com ...

Combine small documents into one master document
Hi, I currently have an "engagement letter" that is created for our clients to set the expectations for our business relationship (I work for attorneys). We have about 10 different paragraphs that may be inserted into the letter based on different factors (3rd party payor, if a retainer is required, etc.). So I start with the basic letter and then have a userform with checkboxes where you can select the text block options (stored in Autotext). When you click OK the various paragraphs are inserted at bookmarks. While this works, I find working with Autotext cumber...

Deploying .NET crystal reports on crm 1.2 server
Hi, We developed some reports using Visual Studio.Net 2003 inbuilt Crystal Reports & viewer.(we had to do this because the CRM reports using SDK were not able to talk to our separate custom database) We are able to render these .net crystal reports on our developer machine (non-crm).However, we are not able to render the same when we deploy these .NEt crystal reports to our CRM webserver. (We have CRM 1.2 Installation with Crystal Enterprise 9 on this crm server) I guess that this may be happening because of version conflict between .Net crystal viewer and the CRM enhanced crystal v...

Upgrading Office v. X SR 1 to 10.1.5
I run a PB G4 12" with MAC OS 10.3.5. The other day I removed, reinstalled and updated (10.1.2/4/5) Office v. X SR 1 according to the protocol suggested at <http://word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/RemoveReinstall.htm>. Everything worked out fine and the file "Microsoft Component Plugin" in the folder Applications/MS Office X/Office now displays "Version 10.1.5". If I open an application (e.g. Word), though, and click via the menue bar to "Word/about Word" to the pop-up dialoge there the information hasn�t been updated. It remains as "MS Word X for MAC Ser...

Selective Replace in Search and Replace
I need to search and replace in a large document. I don't want to replace the entire search term/expression just part of it. In this case I am searching for a paragraph return followed by any letter (not digit) and then want to change that to paragraph/tab but keep the letter. The search looks like this ^p^$ but naturally if replace is ^p^t I lose the first letter of the text string which I don't want How can I construct either search and replace so that ^p Alexander turns into ^p ^tAlexander and not ^p ^tlexander Thanks in a...

Calculate weighted average for 1 column
Hi I 'm looking for ways to calculated weighted average for 1 column, random values as follows. I do not have frequences/quantities values. 1.3 1.4 1.6 1.7 1.7 1.8 1.6 1.6 1.7 1.6 What do you want to weight them by? Without a second variable, the only thing you can do is calculate the average, as in: =average(A:A) Regards, Fred "Jul2010" <Jul2010@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27684926-5EC8-4A59-BC25-41220489D124@microsoft.com... > Hi > I 'm looking for ways to calculated weighted average for 1 column, random > ...

Sahring microsoft office excel documents in sharepoint in edit mod
> Can users share the same document in 'edit in microsoft office excel' > allowing both the edit the same document, if so where do I set access -- GJEmberson Hi, The answer is yes, however, it is the general consensus amoung the high end users that the feature has too many disadvantages. But if you want to try it: Choose Tools, Share Workbook, and check Allow changes by more than one user... If this helps, please click the Yes button. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Genevieve Emberson" wrote: > > Can users share the same document in 'edit in microsoft...

Totalling Subtotals Less Than 1
I am trying to total subtotals, but only if they are less than 1. I've tried doing =SUM(G12,G24,G36,G48,G60,G72,G84,G96,G108,G120,G132,G144,G156,G168,G180,G192,G204,G216,G228,G240,G252,G264,G276,G288,G300,G312), but it gives me an answer of -12 when I should get 18. I've also tried =SUMIF(I12,I24,I36,I48,I60,I72,I84,I96,I108,I120,I132,I144,I156,I168,I180,I192,I204,I216,I228,I240,I252,I264,I276,I288,I300,I312,"<1"), but it results in a "you've entered too many arguments" error. Please, please, someone help me!!! What is it that I am doing ...

Replace wildcards with a space
I have a text field with all values containing an asterisk. The asterisk can be located anywhere within the contents. I am trying to replace the asterisk with a space. I will then use TRIM to remove any spaces at the beginning of the text. I have been unable to get an update query to work. When my criteria is like "~[*}", Access says that 0 rows will be updated. When the criteria is [*], I am asked to enter a parameter value. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks - bkh Barbara wrote: >I have a text field with all values containing an aste...

Replace more characters using replace
Hi I have number of characters in a string, that I like to replace with "nothing". I use a code like this: Sub test() Dim a As String a = "Jan+& Per" a = Replace(a, " ", "") a = Replace(a, "&", "") a = Replace(a, "+", "") MsgBox a End Sub As I have about 15 characters, that all should be replaced with nothing, I am looking ofr another way to it. Something like Sub test() Dim a As String a = "Jan+& Per" a = Replace(a, {" ",...

After Applying DST Update
Hi Guys, I was reading the blogs below and still having some problems. http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/02/dst-2007-understanding-what-needs-to-be.html Order for Apply Updates 1. Update Windows Servers and Windows client operating systems with the February 2007 Cumulative Time Zone Update (KB 931836 for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP SP2). 2. Rebase Appointments 3. Exchange Servers: Apply the Feb. 2007 Cumulative Time Zone Update to Exchange servers (KB 931836 for Windows Server 2003 servers) 4. Exchange Servers: Apply the Exchange CDO patch to update the time zone embedded in ...

Replacing old Windows XP and Outlook Express with new Windows 7
How do I export the contents and settings out of Outlook Express and import the accounts, settings and emails into Windows Live Mail on another machine? For messages: Copy the *ENTIRE* OE message store folder to flash or CD. (Folders.dbx must be included). Place this on the Desktop or other location on the machine using WLMail. Open WLMail and: File | Import | Messages | Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and point to where you saved it. For Addresses: Open the Address Book in OE and File | Export | Address Book (wab) and save it to the Desktop. Copy to flash or CD. Place this on the...

Do you want to replace the contents of
When my macro runs, it stops after this procdure and asks "Do you want to replace the contents ofthe destination cells" is there something I can add that will automatically tell it yes? Here is the part of the macro that it stops on. Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("C1"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _ TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=False, _ Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=True, OtherChar _ :="/", FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1)) Thanks H...

Publisher '95 Document to '03 Document
Is there any way to convert a 1995 Publisher document to any file type that I can view? That's hard to say based on the drearth of information that you have supplied. You must open the file in some version of Microsoft Publisher. "RH" <RH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2815680C-5897-4684-928E-305E2382BD83@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to convert a 1995 Publisher document to any file type > that I > can view? If you don't have a Publisher version you can try extracting the text. File, Open, Files of type, All text form...

Switching between documents and windows
Hello, I want to cut and paste from one active document to another and keep the first document window on top. Code I'm working with: Dialogs(wdDialogFileOpen).Show ' user selects the Main.docx file ' Main.docx is activated by default ' select and copy stuff from Main.docx ' open Target.docx via Documents.Open FileName:="""Target.docx""" 'etcetera ' Target.docx is now active and it's window is on top ' paste stuff Now I want to make Main.docx activated and it's window on top. I can activate it easily en...

How do I replace just a few characters?
Hello, I have an excel worksheet with a street name column. I need to rename some names from "Main Street" to "Main St". I can do it for one name easily with find and replace, but how do I make it work for an entire column of different names such as "Easy Street" and "Main Street". If I do find "* Street" and replace with "* ST" I get "* ST" for the output instead of "Easy ST" What am I missing? -- Tomsriv ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tomsriv's Profile: http:/...