Remove white border around a color document

I have a document that is supposed to be brown. When I print, a white border
appears arround the entire document. How can I remove this white border and
get the full brown sheet?

I've removed all borders in page layout but it still appears.

Thanks
Mike

Many printers do not print to the edge of the paper.  I believe that is the
"border" you are seeing.  There are several ways to get around this such as
printing on larger paper and then cutting it to size, sending the job out to
a commercial printer (who might do the same thing), or using colored or
preprinted paper.

Pam

mbrow88 wrote:
>I have a document that is supposed to be brown. When I print, a white border
>appears arround the entire document. How can I remove this white border and
>get the full brown sheet?
>
>I've removed all borders in page layout but it still appears.
>
>Thanks
>Mike

Pamelia
3/6/2010 5:52:28 PM
It was a small border, but then I started toying with settings and somehow
made it bigger. I have no idea how I did it. Any ideas to get it back to
being a smaller border again?

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> Many printers do not print to the edge of the paper.  I believe that is the
> "border" you are seeing.  There are several ways to get around this such as
> printing on larger paper and then cutting it to size, sending the job out to
> a commercial printer (who might do the same thing), or using colored or
> preprinted paper.
>
> Pam
>
> mbrow88 wrote:
> >I have a document that is supposed to be brown. When I print, a white border
> >appears arround the entire document. How can I remove this white border and
> >get the full brown sheet?
> >
> >I've removed all borders in page layout but it still appears.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Mike

> .

Partly that will depend on how the document's brown color is created.

If it was done with a drawing rectangle or a text box that has a brown
fill color, then maybe all you have to do is drag the edges of the
rectangle closer to the edges of the page. The rectangle might be
anchored in the header or footer, which means you'd have to open the
header pane first so you can click on the rectangle to select it.

If the color was made by going to Format > Background and selecting
the brown block, then about the only thing I can think of that might
affect the size of the white border is telling the Page Setup dialog
to use a smaller paper size than what's actually in the printer.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 10:37:07 -0800, mbrow88
<mbrow88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>It was a small border, but then I started toying with settings and somehow
>made it bigger. I have no idea how I did it. Any ideas to get it back to
>being a smaller border again?
>
>"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" wrote:
>
>> Many printers do not print to the edge of the paper.  I believe that is the
>> "border" you are seeing.  There are several ways to get around this such as
>> printing on larger paper and then cutting it to size, sending the job out to
>> a commercial printer (who might do the same thing), or using colored or
>> preprinted paper.
>>
>> Pam
>>
>> mbrow88 wrote:
>> >I have a document that is supposed to be brown. When I print, a white border
>> >appears arround the entire document. How can I remove this white border and
>> >get the full brown sheet?
>> >
>> >I've removed all borders in page layout but it still appears.
>> >
>> >Thanks
>> >Mike
>>
>> --
>>
>> .

0
Jay

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

Remove lines with +++

Document Imaging Writer and Publisher--incorrect number of pages? #2
When I scanned a document from Publisher using Microsoft Document Imagining Writer, it scanned 4 pages into 2 and lost some content. Don't know why this happened or how to fix it. Please advise. Thanks ...

How to Remove SRS

How to Return from A Word document back to the Shape were I was.
Would someone tell me how do I go back to a flowchart diagram from a Microsoft Word document after I select a shape and link to that document. I have problems going back to the diagram where I was prior to linking to the document. Do I have to copy the document to a VISIO file (.vsd) so I can add navigation shapes to it and in that way I can go back to the original flowchart diagram? Thanks. Ely. I dont quite understand what you would like to do. Can you explain further? Have you tried hyperlinking the shape to the Word document? -- -ronnie [MS] This posting is provided "A...

pdf file into a publisher document?
Can I place or import a pdf file into a Publisher document? I receive tables and other materials that I either scan or are already in pdf. You could make a gif file of the pdf file or scan the pdf file creating a Word file and then do a copy and paste into Publisher. -- Don Vancouver, USA "cthrail" <cthrail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6E69A19-D2FD-437E-8CCC-128A67AAA92F@microsoft.com... > Can I place or import a pdf file into a Publisher document? I receive tables > and other materials that I either scan or are already in pdf. If the PD...

remove Fax from address book?

Removing an item from menu

how to get rid of Comment [A1] in my documents?
In a 300+ document I occasionally get a long "balloon" type thing with "Comment [A1]" (or other number) in it and I cannot get rid of it, nor do I know what it means. HOW do I get rid of it? I use Word 2003. On the reviewing toolbar (View > Toolbars > Reviewing) Show > Balloons > Check 'never'. Or right click the comment balloon and select 'delete comment'. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gm...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

How to change the background color of CToolbar ... ?
without placing it on rebar. I tried overriding onpaint, but all it paints is a little vertical bar at the beggining of the toolbar. I'm trying to have icons background match toolbar background. Icons are true color (24 bit). I can always match it in a paint program, but someone else might have a different color scheme... Is there an easier way of doing this? Thanks, Jan Its been a while since I did it. It was discussed a long time ago w/ sample code in the old Windows Developers Journal (June 1999, IIRC). You could make the toolbar transparent and change the color of the underlying ...

How do I import an excel spreadsheet to a word document #2
I have a saved excel spreadsheets (3 tabs). I want to import this to my Word document so in the word, I can select the three different tabs and also see the formulas. How do I simply do this? And how do I create spreadsheets in word using the excel function? -- Amuse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Amuse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25086 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385993 ...

Need to remove selected characters

Borders on text boxes do not show??
I cannot make the text box borders show no matter what I do. When I select a color for the text box borders it will not show in the selection box, nor will it show on the page I am editing. It will however print properly. The same occurs when I place a rectangle or any other shape on the page - no border can be shown. Actually, so shading or fill color is shown either. Any suggestions?? Did you find a solution to this, Dave. I have same problem "Dave" wrote: > I cannot make the text box borders show no matter what I do. When I select a > color for the text box bord...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet

Slow color print speed
I have a Kyocera 5016 color LED Network printer with 256Mbs of RAM installed, when I try to print a booklet about 16 pages the printer prints about 4 pages then stops for a while to process then will start back up and continue this until the job is done, does the booklet mode use a lot of system resources?, I've been told even maxing the RAM to 512 plus the 96 standard will not help. Is there a work around for this?? Thank you very much... What you are experiencing is normal for Publisher documents. It is not so much the Booklet mode, it is the content of the book, and especially...

Adding and removing removable drives

create a thin border around the selected cells
need information on excel 2003 Hi Chandra, on the Menu bar choose FORMAT | CELL | BORD hth regards from Brazil Marcelo "Chandra Lee" escreveu: > need information on excel 2003 ...

how to remove print option in a particular excel file
how to remove print option in a particular excel file You can do this Copy this event in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub If you want to remove the print icon post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "excel" <excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7859E37-2534-4E83-8F71-B9C3CF5C37BA@microsoft.com... > how to remove print option in a particular excel file ...