Problems Reformatting with a new style

The doc has extra lines between paragraphs. Applying my new style does not
remove them. How to do this in a one-time operation? The new style also does
not change the original para. indentation to the new setting.
Thank you for any help. Word 2003.

Assuming that the spacing is not caused by empty paragraphs - click the �
button (CTRL+*) to check, modify the paragraph style applied to your
documents to remove the inter-paragraph spacing and to apply the indent. If
that style is 'Normal' better still create a newstyle that does these things
(or modify the built-in Body Text style) and apply it as appropriate. While
you are working in the modify style dialog, ensure that you remove the check
from the automatically update styles check box, or you will find yourself
constantly battling with changed styles.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"MizMar" <MizMar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The doc has extra lines between paragraphs. Applying my new style does not
> remove them. How to do this in a one-time operation? The new style also
> does
> not change the original para. indentation to the new setting.
> Thank you for any help. Word 2003.

0
Graham
12/22/2009 5:57:29 AM
Turn on nonprinting formatting marks (Click the ¶ on the toolbar to turn them
on and off.)   If you see more that one paragraph mark (¶) between paragraphs
and for tabs at the beginning of paragraphs, you have to remove them manually
or, better, use find and replace.

If you don't see extra formatting marks, the formatting may still be manual
but of a kind that is a bit easier to get rid of.  Select a paragraph, press
Ctrl+spacebar  (to clear manual character formatting) and Ctrl+q (to clear
manual paragraph formatting), then apply your style.

Pam

MizMar wrote:
>The doc has extra lines between paragraphs. Applying my new style does not
>remove them. How to do this in a one-time operation? The new style also does
>not change the original para. indentation to the new setting.
>Thank you for any help. Word 2003.

Pamelia
12/22/2009 6:10:20 AM
If Chinese is enabled anywhere on your computer (even if you just have
a Chinese font installed!), don't use Ctrl-Spacebar, but Ctrl-Shift-Z
to clear manual character formatting.

If you don't have a US keyboard (and don't immediately see the toolbar
button Pamelia mentions), then rather than Ctrl-*, type Ctrl-Shift-8
to Show Non-Printing Characters.

On Dec 22, 1:10=A0am, "Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" <u43222@uwe>
wrote:
> Turn on nonprinting formatting marks (Click the =B6 on the toolbar to tur=
n them
> on and off.) =A0 If you see more that one paragraph mark (=B6) between pa=
ragraphs
> and for tabs at the beginning of paragraphs, you have to remove them manu=
ally
> or, better, use find and replace.
>
> If you don't see extra formatting marks, the formatting may still be manu=
al
> but of a kind that is a bit easier to get rid of. =A0Select a paragraph, =
press
> Ctrl+spacebar =A0(to clear manual character formatting) and Ctrl+q (to cl=
ear
> manual paragraph formatting), then apply your style.
>
> Pam =A0
>
> MizMar wrote:
> >The doc has extra lines between paragraphs. Applying my new style does n=
ot
> >remove them. How to do this in a one-time operation? The new style also =
does
> >not change the original para. indentation to the new setting.
> >Thank you for any help. Word 2003.
0
Peter

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7
After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail sound, pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every thing else seems to work fine. Any hints? are the icons in the overflow? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What v...

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Extender-Create a new data entry window
Is it possible to create a new extender form or window (not sure of the terminology) to enter data into Dynamics? Specifically the Sales Forecast Window in Manufacturing is terrible for entering data, everytime you move to the right, it the scrolling window jumps back to the top and you have to find the item again. Anyway, I would like a new window to enter a sales forecast, is this possible? thanks -- Doug Unfortunately Extender data is stored in Extender tables and cannot be stored in the Sales Forecast tables. I agree with you that the data entry screen is horrible. I am tal...

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

howto test new edge
I added new edge on a dmz to test new antispam software. this is a new EDGE in a working enviroment with exchange 2007 sp1 and edge. I'm ready to configure Edge Synchronization. Before I synchronize, I need to understant how to test this new edge, so I want to switch on this new, to send/receive few messages, if all works then I'll switch to the new edge. I'm speaking about on how to switch the "connectors" On 23 Giu, 16:22, Guido Lavespa <lav.gu...@gmail.com> wrote: > I added new edge on a dmz to test new antispam software. this is a new > EDGE i...

Cell Format

dingbats show up in new email creation
I want to eliminate dingbats that show up when I hit return and in spacing between each word in text when creating new email. "allison" <allison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:411FEF53-C1D7-4A98-B8C8-88CF467E05BA@microsoft.com... >I want to eliminate dingbats that show up when I hit return and in spacing > between each word in text when creating new email. It's likely those aren't "dingbats", which are characters in a particular font, but rather Word formatting marks, like the Pilcrow (¶). Press Ctrl+Shift+8 to t...

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

Can NOT install on new Win 7 machine
This is a new one for me. But for 2 days I have been trying to get Windows Live Mail to install on a new Win 7 computer. I just keep getting weird error messages. I have installed this programs many times on many computers, and never had this happen before...I get errors like these: hr:0x80040005 another time I got hr:0x80070003 . I get something similar every time. I have tried using the Microsoft Installer Uninstall cleanup Utility I have turned OFF the firewall when installing I have tried selecting only the mail or other things...it doesn't seem to matter... HELP!!! T ...

IF AND problem