Printer won't print from Word - will print test page & from e-mai

XP
Installed new cartridges in Lexmark 1200
Poor quality test page
Directed to install new drivers - no difference in test page
Uninstalled printer and reinstalled - no difference in test page
Tried to print Word document - printer appears to work but page is blank
Decided to change color of print in "Word" - page still blank
Clicked on "find printer" in dialog box
Received notice "Directory Unavailable"

What now?  Have spent a lot of time on this.

This doesn't seem to be a Word question. But since the problem started with
installing the new cartridges, I'd try reinstalling them first. It's even
possible that the cartridges are damaged, in which case you'll have to talk to
the reseller.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"rubes2010" <rubes2010@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> XP
> Installed new cartridges in Lexmark 1200
> Poor quality test page
> Directed to install new drivers - no difference in test page
> Uninstalled printer and reinstalled - no difference in test page
> Tried to print Word document - printer appears to work but page is blank
> Decided to change color of print in "Word" - page still blank
> Clicked on "find printer" in dialog box
> Received notice "Directory Unavailable"
>
> What now?  Have spent a lot of time on this.

0
Stefan

Citrix Printer Problem
When running on our Citrix server, everytime we change companies in Dynamics the printer changes from the user's default to another printer. Anyone know how to make Dynamics stay with the default printer? We are running Dynamics Ver 7.0 and Citrix Metaframe XP Ver 1.0 on a Windows Sever 2003. Thanks Hi How is the GP client installed on the Citrx server? Are all the users using the same DEX.ini file? "JEK" <JEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BB7F031-0E3C-4BF0-91AD-1160B34EC642@microsoft.com... > When running on our Citrix server, everytime...

Outlook e-mail received time is an hour off
Where I work, we have Outlook 2000. One of the employees is receiving e-mails an hour before they were sent. In other words, the received time on his e-mails is an hour behind the actual time. I did an experiment, I sent an e-mail to both him and me. My received time was correct, in fact it was a minute after my PC's time, but his received time was a complete hour before his PC's time. Both of our PC's time is correct. I'm guessing it has something to do with his Outlook account, but I can't fine anything. Maybe someone on here can help me. Deanna Have him c...

How to Delete Printed PO?
I have by mistakenly printed a Purchase Order and now the status is released. i want to delete it form system. how can i do that ? As the delete button gets disabled after printing. Is it safe to delete it from back end? Would it be acceptable to simply cancel that order? Enter a cancelled quantity equal to the order quantity and then save or print the PO. That will close the PO out. You will then be able to remove the PO using: Routines|Purchasing|Remove PO HTH "Hussain" <Hussain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2231A351-D909-4165-964A-25D4EB2D4302@mi...

Payables Cheque
When printing a payables cheque (Transactions > Purchasing > Print Cheques), after selecting Process, I am prompted to print to the screen, printer or a file. Is there a way to default this always to the printer & not even be prompted for it. Thanks Yes, in Posting Setup (Administration>Posting>Posting) select the Purchasing Series and Computer Checks Origin. In the bottom section of the window, you'll see each of the reports that print when you hit Process. You can de-select the ? to prevent the system from asking for the destination, de-select the Scre...

SharePoint default page not loading
Hi, After installing WSS 3.0 I find that I cant browse SharePoint 80 or SharePoint Central Administration v3 using the URL I set (http://webserver2/). It gives a 'Cannot display the webpage' error in IE. If I want to view either of these I have to specifically type: http://<IPAddress of server>/default.aspx to view the SharePoint 80 site and.. http://<IPAddress of server>:port/default.aspx to view central admin. In Alternate Access Mapping I have http://webserver2 already listed for both the sharepoint and central admin however the problem still remains. ...

Print Preview Problem
I have posted an excel spreadsheet that colleagues access through Internet Explorer. When the spreadsheet is accessed the print preview command is no longer on the menu, BUT print preview is available in Excel and Internet Explorer normally. Help!! Thank you in advance for any advice! Stewart MOS Excel Expert (not expert enough!) Have you tried right clicking on the menu bar to see if print preview button became inactive for what ever reason? >-----Original Message----- >I have posted an excel spreadsheet that colleagues access >through Internet Explorer. When the spre...

Sort by 2nd word in a cell?
If I create a data base with a name cell that includes both the first and last name, can I sort by the first letter of the last name? The first thing I'd do is to use two more columns and put the first and last names into their own columns. Data|Text to columns seems like a good way to start. Then sort by those helper columns. Curious Lady wrote: > > If I create a data base with a name cell that includes both the first and > last name, can I sort by the first letter of the last name? -- Dave Peterson If you have not created the DataBase yet, then by all means use separat...

Money and Quicken Parallel Test and Conclusions.
As others, I'm concerned about no longer receiving online updates at some point. I've been a Money user since 1995 and have a very large and complex file. I purchased Quicken 2010 and thought I'd run in parallel for a while with the objective to move towards Quicken as soon as I was comfortable. Results: 1) Conversion was successful. I was able to tie-out all balances after making adjustments. Adjustments were needed because Quicken doesn't allow downloading of non-US stock prices, nor does it download currencies. 2) Quicken problems: a) Can't de...

Stress Test Exchange SMTP Gateway
How can I stress test Exchange SMTP Gateway's, but not with LoadSim, since I'm just looking how many emails a server can handle in the queue, with different size of emails ( 100K to 1 Meg ) x 10 000 or 15 000... Thanks !!! -- On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 15:54:35 -0500, "Thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@yahoo.com> wrote: >How can I stress test Exchange SMTP Gateway's, but not with LoadSim, since >I'm just looking how many emails a server can handle in the queue, with >different size of emails ( 100K to 1 Meg ) x 10 000 or 15 000... > > >Thanks !!! It...

Printing in booklet setup
I have a job that is sent to me in a booklet form. It shows the corners folded over on the pages along the bottom of publisher. I've tried in the past to use this mode to print a booklet but I've had no success. It always prints off letter pages of if I pick 11x17 sheet size, it reduces the size and just doesn't print it properly. The page size is 8.5 x 11 and I want to print onto 11 x 17 then fold. Your printer will determine where the fold will be. Look at your printer settings, it will say something like *Flip pages up* or there will be options about binding. If the pa...

Remove specific word from cell
Sculpture,Zeus,Black,Ceramic 18x10x34"h How can I pull "Black" from this description? I have 300 items and colors needed to be removed. Thank you fro the help. one way =SUBSTITUTE(B5,"Black,","") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <tr2usa@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1140383342.644346.322700@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Sculpture,Zeus,Black,Ceramic 18x10x34"h > > How can I pull "Black" from this description? I have 300 items and > colors needed to be removed. Thank you fro t...

Notification of receipt of e-mails
I checked the boxes for sound to play & an alert to display upon e-mail receipt. Neither works. Suggestions? Thanks. Chuck R What version of Outlook? IF 2003 and you have rules that work on the new mail, the alerts and notifications will not fire. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:996E563F-B921-42B8-A557-C9F38F9D4A05@mi...

Printer status?
Hi to everyone! I don't know if this argument is OffTopic. Anyway I would like to seriously discuss about Getting the status of a common windows printer. I think I've read most of the threads about this argument. Most of them suggest to view an example on an MSDN article ... something like Q160129 "How To Get the Status of a Printer and a Print Job"...or anyway suggest to use the PRINTER_INFO_n structures... Well, this DOES NOT WORK!. Probably I make some mistakes... but if is true that there are some structures like PRINTER_INFO_n, that have an entry for the status... is...

My outlook e mail is being forwarded & I want to stop this ?
My outlook e mail is automatically being forwarded to my second e mail account. I don't know how to stop the automatic forwarding. Chicken Farmer 01, 1. Go to the Email acct's web site, see if there is a rule or setting there that automatically forwards the messages and turn it off. 2. In Outlook, check any rules that you have created for forwarding mail, and turn off or delete the rule that might be doing this. 3. If you additional PCs to check this mail acct, you will need to turn off/delete the rule in their mail program that forwards these messages. This would also...

Word 2007 converter error message
Hi, I have Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 3. I have Microsoft Office Professional 2007 with Service Pack 2. I get an error message for Word 2007 that says: "Word cannot start the converter mswrd632" when trying to open Microsoft Office Word 97 - 2003 document on a flash drive each time. How do I fix this error? Please reply back soon. Much help is appreciated. Thanks. Sincerely, Egan Try uninstalling the MS09-073 security update (kb973904) -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my s...

PDF Printer as default GP printer
I have my PDF printer set up as my default printer. When printing a SOP Invoice - it asks me where to create the file to....is there a way to setup a default file location for the creating of PDF's? Thanks Andrea, This issue cannot be done through GP since GP is only sending the printing job to the printer, you may need to look in the application settings that created this printer. For printers created by Adobe PDF follow steps below: 1. Right click the printer. 2. Go to Advanced Tab 3. Click on Printing Defaults. 4. Uncheck "Prompt for Adobe PDF filename" Regards, -- M...

Printing only rows with value in certain column
Does anyone know a way that I can print only rows that have a value in a certain column? I have a large spreadsheet that I print often and would like to be able to print only the rows with a value in column M. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "willmain >" <<willmain.1buqpn@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:willmain.1buqpn@excelforum-nospam.com... > Does anyone know a way that I can print only rows that have a value in a > certain column?...

Domain users cannot print on networked printer in SBS 2003 R2 netw
Hi , I have an Epson CX11NF printer networked to a server running SBS 2003 R2. The printer has been added to the server and I can print from the server. When logged onto a network client as a domain admin I can print. When logged on as a domain user on a network client I cannot print (error printing). When logged on as a domain print operator on a network client I cannot print. Domain users have the correct permissions on the server Windows Temp and Spool folders. I have the same results whether the printer properties are set for spooled printing or direct to printer printing....

Why is printer driver receiving JPG?
Hello, I'm working on a printer driver based on the Oemuni example from the DDK. The problem is that OEMBitBlt (and other functions) are receiving jpegs as the destination source (as identified by psoDest- >fjBitmap == BMF_JPEG). In my EnablePDEV, I'm setting the DEVINFO->flGraphicsCaps2 flag to 0 (even though it should already be 0). Am I understanding the documentation wrong or should psoDst not be in jpeg format? On Jan 19, 4:51=A0pm, Agromatic <sutton1...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm working on a printer driver based on the Oemuni ex...

Word 2003 VBA to limit options in Inputbox to those in drop down
I have the following macro which works great to make a form drop down list mandatory to fill in: Sub MustFillIn() If ActiveDocument.FormFields("nameDD").Result = "ENTER NAME" Then Do sInFld = InputBox("This field must be filled in, fill in below.") Loop While sInFld = "" ActiveDocument.FormFields("nameDD").Result = sInFld End If End Sub However, the user is free to enter whatever they want in the input box, although the field this fires from if nothing is entered is a drop down- is there any way to ...

Rule that can test for cyrillic or asian fonts?
It seems that 90% of my spam these days is in either of these fonts. Is it possible to write a rule that will put a message in a folder based on it's language or fonts? Thanks, Adam Aronson FullCity Consulting, Inc. Certified FileMaker Developer (v7 & v8) Version of Outlook? 2003/2007 can block them using the junk filter (blocked encodings option). To use a rule you need to use a rule for header contains words - look in the header for lines like this: Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252", where the charset is for the types you want to block. http://a4esl.o...

test #10
test If this was a test to see if you could post to the newsgroup, it worked :-) -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes only!. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Megan Kielman" <megan.kielman@weyerhaeuser.com> wrote in message news:uqD7$nTOEHA.2468@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > test > > ...

Word Search Puzzles
It's not "exactly" related to Pub, but then again, it's not "How do I make a pdf?" I create one of these each week in my paper. Thirty-nine words related to a specific topic. I have at least 350 of these and I was thinking, as a way to make money, that I should publish a book of them (I use a program that rearranges all the words so they would not be repeats). However, the cost of publishing a book is somewhat stiff, so I came upon the idea of making a pdf file and putting it on a CD. People would have to print the puzzle but there are not that many people w...

Why last line prints on second page
I have a two page form. The last line of the first page now prints on the top of the 2nd page. It USED TO print properly on the bottom of the first page. I don't know what I changed to have it print at the top of the 2nd page. How do I get it to print back on the bottom of the first page? I don't print forms, but I am thinking that either your margins changed or your printer, so check your margins. God Bless, Mark A. Sam "tjsmags" <tjsmags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDD44327-C3D0-47D3-A7FB-D5E5AFD6CACA@microsoft.com... >I have a t...

Receive e-mail in crm?
Hi, My client has only the service module. Is it possible to receive mail from outside crm? I installed the email router and set the personal user option to receive all email into crm. What do i have to do to receive mails from outside crm? Thank you ...