Paste rows in a table

Quite often I need to copy several rows of text to several rows of a
table. I copy the rows that I want to paste into the tables, highlight
the rows I want to copy to and click 'paste' or 'paste
special/unformatted text' or 'paste special/formatted text'. Only the
first word of each sentence is copied.
How can I get all the characters/sentences of each row copied into as
many rows in a table?

Thanks for reading,
wiersma7
0
wiersma7

Try using the 'table, convert text to table' command first. At the moment you
are copying all the selected text then pasting it into the first 'cell' of
the table. If you first conert the text to a series of cells it gives Word an
extra clue as to what you are trying to achieve.

hth
regMigrant

"wiersma7" wrote:

> Quite often I need to copy several rows of text to several rows of a
> table. I copy the rows that I want to paste into the tables, highlight
> the rows I want to copy to and click 'paste' or 'paste
> special/unformatted text' or 'paste special/formatted text'. Only the
> first word of each sentence is copied.
> How can I get all the characters/sentences of each row copied into as
> many rows in a table?
>
> Thanks for reading,
> wiersma7
> .

How do I add a percentage to a row of numbers
Example: I want to add 10% to the value of each number in rows A1 through to A500. Each cell contains a different value. (ie. 5, 6.75, 3.15 etc). I know how to add a percentage to a single cell but is there a way you can add a set percentage (10%)to several hundred cells at once without having to do them all individually? Your help is very much appreciated. Put .10 in a cell somewhere>copy it>highlight the cells to change>edit>paste special>multiply -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Messa" <Messa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

tracking the active cell row number
I posted this earlier and got a way of doing it by using CELL("row") an pressing F9 each time I change row, but that seems a bit cumbersome. What I would like is someway of either a formula or macro running i the background (maybe on each up or down arrow or enter key stroke constantly checking the active cell and displaying its row number i another cell. I am trying to create a data entry table and the colum headers chang on the result of the first entry in each row. I can get this to work by adding an 'add data line' button which check the content of the first colum and...

Writing a query to return only rows that are null
I am trying figure out how to get access to do the following: Column 1 = Name Column 2 = Project1 Column 3 = Project2 Column 4 = Project3 Column 5 = Project4 The values for Project1 - Project4 can be null or have a num value. I would like to see a list that contains the Name and whatever that Name has that is null. Name Project1 Project2 Project3 Project4 Jane 4 5 Joe 4 4 What I would like to see as the result of a query is: Jane Project2, Project4 Joe Project1, Project3 I dont rea...

Column and Row spacing?
The code below shows: ColA Qty1 Qty2 Qty3 can I modify it to show ColA -ColB-ColC Qty1 ------Qty2 -----------Qty3 Code: 'Sheets("nvT").Range("c" & Columns.Count).End(xlUp) (2).Resize(, 1).Value = qty The code below shows: ColA-ColB-ColC Qty1-Qty2-Qty3 can I modify it to show: ColA -ColB-ColC Qty1 ------Qty2 -----------Qty3 Code: 'Worksheets("nvT").Range("IV7", Worksheets("nvT").Cells(7, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft))(3).Value = qty Hi, You can do this with a spreadsheet formula: In cell B2 enter: =IF(ROW()=C...

How do I Export range of row/column data to Access
DESCRIPTION OF CURRENT SITUATION: I have an Excel file that my field techs enter data and print customer reports from. The file contains multiple sheets. The field techs enter data into sheet1. They print a report in Sheet2 which uses the data in Sheet1. Before the next job, I have a routine that the techs invoke that clears the input sheet (Sheet1) and saves the data into a row/column format in Sheet3 (some of the data in these fields are in paragragh format). QUESTION: I want to export the range of data in the row/column format in Sheet3 to a file that can be easily imported into...

column widths and row heights
based on 100% view, when u set the column width to say 12 units and the row height to, for example, 15... what is the actual dimensions in reality in mm. ie, how can i get the required number to ensure that row and colms are exactly 2 mm in width and height pat Column width and row heights defaults are not in inches or mm. The number that appears in the Standard column width box is the average number of digits 0-9 of the standard font that fit in a cell. Row heights are measured in points or pixels. There are 72 points to an inch and "maybe" 96 pixels to the inch. For ...

Cross Reference

find and delete 2 rows
Worksheet1 (names list) Column A column B NameA 1 NameB 2 I have managed below by worksheet1 change event and I intend to use sheet2 / columnB as a validation list somewhere else to speed up data entering- hate using mouse. Couldn't manage to update sheet2 when a name is deleted on sheet1. Don't know the usage of formulas in event codes.Any help ? Thank you. Worksheet 2 Column A column B NameA 1-NameA NameA 1 NameB 2-NameB NameB 2 Remember that you...

Bring back row and column value based on the number in a cell
I have a spreadsheet that has the store numbers going across the columns and the UPC numbers down the rows. I need to create a separate sheet that if the value in a cell is 1, the first column of the sheet will show the store number of the column and the UPC number of that row that the 1 is in. For the example below, store #7704 and UPC 1583900006 meet the criteria of 1 in that cell. My result on the separate sheet would then be 7704 in cell A1 and 158390006 in cell B1 Item Master UPC/PLU/SLU 7703 7704 1583900001 222 222 1583900002 222 X 1583900003 222 222 158390000...

change column to row display

Columns to Rows #2
I need to take a worksheet with columns A1, B1, C1, D1 and reformat those into rows. I am able to create the first set using basic =worksheet2!A1, but I can't copy paste because it defaults to =worksheet2!A5 due to the intervening rows. Suggestions? If I understand what you are trying to do it should work with "copy" then "paste special" then choose "transpose". The only thing you need to remember is that your paste location cannot include a cell from the copy location. Hope this helps... Steve "RColeII" wrote: > I need to take a work...

update another table afterinsert
Hi, relative newbie question: I've got a datasheet form which I'm using for stock in/out recording which adds a record for each stock transaction in a stock table (number of stock in and out etc.) , I also have a total stock level field on the products table - I want to add\subtract from the stock total in the products table when I add a record to this stock transactions table in the datasheet - what is the best method to do this? I was thinking do a sql update in code on the Form_AfterInsert event - am I doing the right thing? -- Jyan ------------------------------...

Changing Rows to Columns
Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? Do to a sorting problem in the charts I create, it seems I have to sort the data in the spreadsheet first. Any help would be appreciated. Hi, Sure is a way. select & copy your data. then select the cell where you want to re-paste; right-click and select paste special; in the dialog box check "transpose". Ok. jeff >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a >spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? D...

updating the data range for a pivot table
Hello, I am using pivot tables in a sheet to summarize data, and I added few rows to the original table that the pivot tables are drawing from. How can I update the data range that the tables pull from withou having to redo all the pivot tables?? Thanks a lot! Dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com > I am using pivot tables in a sheet to summarize data, and I added a > few rows to the original table that the pivot tables are drawing from. > How can I update the data range that the tables pull from without > having to redo all the pivot tables?? Use a dynamic n...

Delete all rows not current date
The date in my table is in mm/dd/yy format and located in column E. I need to delete all rows not the current date quickly. I want to build a macro in VB to delete all records not the current date. Any help you have is greatly appreciated, thank you. Give the following macro a try; change my example setup in the three Const statements to match your actual layout. Note that I interpreted your reference to "current date" to be today's date; if that was wrong, then change the <>Date condition in the first If statement to the date value you actually want to u...

Need Macro to autofill formula to last row with data
I have a worksheet which may contain data from A4 to A16. The first row A4 always contains data. I have formulas in B4 to L4. I need a macro to autofill the formulas to the last row filled in col A4:A16. I have a chart that uses these formulas so if I fill all the rows past the last filled row in col A then the chart X axis expands. Therefore, if the formulas dont go past the last filled row from A4 to A16 then the chart populates correctly. Can someome tell me the macro for this? Much appreciated. Joe M. Sub Auto_Fill() Dim lRow As Long With ActiveSheet lRow =...

Change data to appear in rows instead of columns (reverse a table.
I have a fairly large table in which I need to switch the columns to the rows. Is this possible to do? I would use a help sheet, select the table, copy it, select the first cell where you want it on the help sheet, do edit>paste special and select transpose. Obvisouly if you do it the other way you have to bear in mind that you can only transpose 256 rows due to the max number of columns -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Motheroftwoboys" <Motheroftwoboys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F635068E-2006-40ED-9424-264D7308C655@microsoft.com... > I have a fairl...

How to increase max. Row count in an Excel sheet?
Is there any way to increase the max row count in Excel 2000? No. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Adarsh Sharma" <adarsh_4u@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:591e01c42d46$d3788c70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to increase the max row count in Excel > 2000? > Hi no way -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Adarsh Sharma wrote: > Is there any way to increase the max row count in Excel > 2000? ...

Pivot Table -
Using Excel 2003, I'm having an issue in creating a Pivot table that exceeds 65K rows. Starting data set is: - 504 rows - 78 columns, comprised of: - 6 columns to go in "row" fields for Pivot - 72 columns to go in "data" fields for Pivot Here's the steps I go through: 1. select entire 78 x 504 range and create pivot in another blank sheet 2. add all 6 columns to "row" fields 3. With Grand-Total and Sub-Total rows included, the pivot now contains 1,948 rows. 4. When I remove all Grand-Total (Table Options, Uncheck Grand-Totals for ...

Check to see whether a table contains a set of fields already
Let's say I have a table that has five fields, a, b, c, d, and e For any given values of a,b,c (say a=1,b=2,c=3), I'd like to check whether any records in the table already have those values for those fields. For example: If my table looks like a,b,c,d,e 1,2,3,4,5 2,3,4,5,6 3,4,5,6,7 4,5,6,7,8 etc. Then, the first record would be a "match" with a=1,b=2,c=3. How do I test for that? TIA, Tom tryit wrote: >Let's say I have a table that has five fields, a, b, c, d, and e > >For any given values of ...

How to plot only visible autofiltered rows in a data list
I have a couple columns of data (about 500 rows). I apply autofilter to that data, which filters it down to 100 rows of data. These rows are not sequential. I would only like to plot this filtered list of data in a chart Hi, If the chart is based on all the rows and the chart option Plot Visible Cells Only is enabled ( Tools > Options > Chart ) then when the filter is applied the chart should only display the 100 filtered rows. Cheers Andy Craig wrote: > I have a couple columns of data (about 500 rows). I apply autofilter to that > data, which filters it down to 100 ro...

Macro to copy and paste all rows of data in between two words
Dear Group This is probably somewhere here on this site but I cannot seem to track it down so I hope someone can help me. I am looking for a macro that can find the word "Start" in column B and then move one row and select all the rows until the word "End" is found in Column B". Then copy from sheet named "Datafrom" to sheet named "Datato". I really hope someone can help with this. Thanks very much in advance. Try; Sub DoIt() Dim rRange As Range On Error Resume Next Set rRange = Range(Range("A:A").Find("...

macro to insert row after specific text
in column "A" I need to insert row after specific word, "First Out". is there a macro for this? I have over 7000 rows and one at a time is not good. Thank you Luke Sub Test() Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For i = iLastRow To 1 Step -1 If Cells(i, "A").Value = "First Out" Then Rows(i + 1).Insert End If Next i End Sub -- HTH Bob Phillips "Luke" <Luke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AFAC96F-76B7-4587-A66D-576...

Copy Rows found using Find All feature
I am looking for data in a spreadsheet containing a certain word. If i do a Find All, I am given all of the rows that contain the word. Is there a way to then copy all of that data, or the specific rows that contain the keyword? I find myself clicking each line found in find all, going back to the spreadsheet, copying and pasting in a new spreadsheet. I then keep repeating this task. there has to be a better way. thank you, Hi Scott, > I am given all of the rows that contain the word. Is there a way to then > copy all of that data, or the specific rows that contain the keyw...

HELP!!! Difference of amounts from two tables
I have two tables in Access. Both have same field names and data types but have different totals in each table. These are provided to me this way. GL|SRVCD|MIPQ|MIPA|MOPQ|MOPA|YIPQ|YIPA|YOPQ|YOPA The tables contain month to date and year to date revenue amounts by GL number, and the Charge item(SRVCD), with month to date totals for IP and OP, and then also the year to date totals for that item. TABLE 1 would have the most current YTD information, which I would need to keep as is in the final resulting table. Also, I need to subtract the month to date totals in Table2 from the month...