Page numbering problem - options grayed out

When I try to insert a page number in Word 2007, the position is grayed out
and I cannot insert a page number. In Word 2007, I am using the following
commands:

Insert --> Page Number -->  Bottomof Page

The subsequent options are grayed out.

This is a new problem that arose recently and I don't know what has changed.

Exit Word and then rename the Building Blocks.dotx file in your *user profile* (there is also a copy in the Program Files folder which you shouldn't mess with). You can search for the file in Windows; be sure to search hidden files and folders.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Charlie W," <Charlie W,@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:365401CF-F6E9-4DD5-94FA-5DFBB94E61A4@microsoft.com...
> When I try to insert a page number in Word 2007, the position is grayed out
> and I cannot insert a page number. In Word 2007, I am using the following
> commands:
>
> Insert --> Page Number -->  Bottomof Page
>
> The subsequent options are grayed out.
>
> This is a new problem that arose recently and I don't know what has changed.

1
Stefan

background Left & Right Pages
I am in the process of putting page numbers on my booklet. I went to my background page and I only see a right page, where is my left page so I can put an auto page number on it. Also how do I eliminate a page number on the cover page which is page #1? Thanks. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from sharon dibonaventura <sharon.dibonaventura@effem.com>... > I am in the process of putting page numbers on my booklet. > I went to my background page and I only see a right page, > where is my left page so I can put an auto page number on &g...

Booklet printing problems
I am trying to print a booklet (8 1/2' x 11" folded in half). I have everything set up to print, but when I go to print it shrinks my images automatically. The booklet has JPEG images, Excel graphs, some text, etc. I have tried everything I know to do. Can anybody help? This is a time sensitive issue, so quick assistance would be appreciated! ...

Strange VLookup problem
I have a list of part numbers with descriptions in a data range. On a separate worksheet, the user types in the part number and a vlookup puts in the part description in another column. The problem seems to occur with two part numbers only, 2228-120 and 2228-021. If 2228-120 is typed into the part number cell, the vlookup returns the description for part number 2228-021! How do I correct this? (Everything else works properly AFAIK!) Thanks "Gordon" <GordonBP1@yahoo.invalid> wrote in message news:e3sQjTheEHA.332@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a list of part numbers with...

Custom Smartlist display problems
First let me say, I've created a ton of custom smartlists and never had this problem. I have a sql view, I added rights to it with GP (GP10 by the way), created my smartlist, saved it, opened it while logged in as SA and it opens fine, and I gave several users the rights to the smartlist object. Now, when the end user opens the custom Smartlist, they can see the report name, but when they select it (either by clicking the * or the title name) it just says "exploring" and then "completed" but there are no results. I checked for any filters, but there aren't...

OL2000 phone number format
My Contacts file formats phone numbers in random style. Sometimes Long Distance numbers are shown as +1 or just 1 and seven digit local numbers sometimes end up with the area code added. Its more of a cosmetic thing because we don't often use the dialer function. I have been through the KB's and the only thing that seems to work is using " marks, but it makes the page look like... TIA Steve L. ...

problem with downloading quote
Some time I can download quote but most the time I was unable to download quote. (ask to check internet connection or try back later ). I have realtime Norton AntiVirus running. Does this cause the problem? How to fix it? Thanks "ying" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005301c3dc65$3cdc6430$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Some time I can download quote but most the time I was > unable to download quote. (ask to check internet > connection or try back later ). I have realtime Norton > AntiVirus running. Does this cause the problem? How to fix &...

Printing the page properties as header
Is there any option to display the document properties in header or footer. thanks This prints the last saved time in the header. Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cacel As Boolean) With ActiveWorkbook .ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftHeader = "Last saved on: " & _ Format(.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time"), "dd mmm yyyy") End With End Sub goes in the ThisWorkbook code module -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "r_najafi" <r_najafi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Weird filter & ApplyType problem
In a form's ApplyFilter event I test for the ApplyType as some fields have to be adjusted on the form accordingly. Recently this stopped working and I had no idea why. The ApplyType suddenly always returned 1 (setting a filter), also when I was removing all filters (where it should have returned 0). After lots of trial and error I've found that the error is in the underlying table and I tested with other tables of that backend, with the same result. With new created tables in that backend it worked fine. I'm guessing there is corruption involved though compact & r...

How do I set up a calendar with three months per page
I would like to setup a calendar with three months on a page. The previous month, the current month, and the next month. How do I link the months so when I change the range it is reflected on the other two months? Insert a page at the end of your calendar, copy/paste your three months to this page. When you print only print the current page. When you are ready to change the months, go to the first page and change the range. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ken C." <Ken C.@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Implementing Property pages in ActiveX controls:passing values
I have a member variable (say m_value) in my control class (say MyControlClass) I'm using Get/Set methods to read and write on the variable. In the Get method , I have called InvalidateControl() to repaint the control on invoking the method. i have implemented the property page class(say MyPropertypage) with a varaible m_value and add the appropriate MFC code in the DataExchange() function DDP_Text(pDX, IDC_VALUE, m_Value, _T("Value to Display") );. here is the problem .. when i change the value in the property page dialog (ie enter a new value in the edit box) and click &q...

find the number for visible row
I hope some expert can help me with my problem. I wish to perform serial number visible row only. Regards / Chan Fri, 14 May 2010 22:42:01 -0700 from Nahc <Nahc@discussions.microsoft.com>: > > I hope some expert can help me with my problem. > > I wish to perform serial number visible row only. Instead of posting the same thing multiple times, why don't you spend a little effort to explain what you want. "perform serial number visible row only" could mean anything or nothing. -- Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York,...

Publisher Problems (newbie)
Hi everyone I am new to publisher and new to google groups... I know where have I been? A few quick questions... 1. I am looking for a publisher template that would allow me to add multiple advertisements of different sizes on one page, to be used for selling advertisements in a newsletter. 2. How can I make it so the margins are gone in publisher. I tried setting all the margins to 0 however when I hit print preview it still shows a margin. 3. I have created a small flyer (1/4)page. If I want this blow up to be larger that normal 8.5 x 11 paper do iIneed to lay it out larger or can t...

Horseracing Problem
Although this is a horseracing problem, it could possibly be adapted from a financial (stocks/shares) problem. I have a spreadsheet that extracts data from the internet and displays the current horse odds on a worksheet in column E. I would like to copy this data and display/paste it in another workbork/worksheet. (I thought another workbook might be better in case the new coding interfered with the current code). I would also like to gather this data every 30/60 seconds (gathering of data timing is adjustable on the main workbook), and display each capture of data in a new column. Calcula...

Report options in Business Portal
We have several reports that are being viewed in Business Portal. (GP reports, FRx Reports, and SQL reports). If we have "Report" listed as the option in the reports viewer, the FRx Reports and SQL Reports name is listed (for example, "Budget Report.html".) However, the GP report is listed as merely "Detailed Trial Balance." We have many "Detailed Trial Balances being run from GP, and therefore have a long list of "Detailed Trial Balance" reports. If we use the "ReportOption" listed in the Repots List window, the GP report has the repo...

OWA Login Page #4
I have two problems. First of all I am not able to get the nice OWA logon page that I have seen pictures of. Instead, all I get is a little box that pops up that asks for username and password. The second problem I have is that even using the pop up login box I have to type domain\username instead of just the username. How can I fix it so the pop up logon box goes away and I get the nice looking OWA logon page and only have to type the username and password to log in? Thanks, Marty Shifflett Marty, The new logon page for OWA is available using forms based authentication. Please...

problem using templates for email
Hi, I want to use a custom set of heading 1-9 fonts/bullets as a template for new emails. I've used these fonts/bullets as a template in Word for some time by modifying normal.dotm. New Word docs open just fine with fonts and bullets as expected. I've tried a couple methods to have new emails open with those same fonts/bullets but no luck. Plan A) I modified normalemail.dotm just as I did normal.dotm to add bullets and custom fonts to Heading1 - 9. (While Outlook was closed of course.) When I open a new email, however, only the _fonts_ for Heading 1 - 9 are correct from the mo...

Problem resending messages from outbox- doesn't work
Here's my problem (Outlook): After I compose a message and click "send", my messages go to the Outbox for queueing until I hit the Send/Receive button, and then a successful send moves them to the Sent items folder. But if I access any of these outbox messages prior to sending, OR if there is a problem with the send (i.e., I forgot to change the outgoing server when using someone else's network), then these messages stay in the outbox with the "open letter" icon. I haven't been able to figure any way to reconfigure these messages to be ready for sendin...

Unable to Clear Solution and Problem History
I have a problem floating around in my Problem Reports and Solutions that I can't delete. Its been in there since I first installed Vista on my system and relates to an error installing some raid drivers. I've since got the drivers installed but whenever I try to delete the problem, or clear the problem history, I'm given an error simply saying "Unable to Delete 1 Item". Anyone know how I can go about removing this? Thanks, Jason -- jmorourke80 jmorourke80;910306 Wrote: > I have a problem floating around in my Problem Reports and Solutions ...

problem is getting data of type Memo from access
Hi, One of my database fields is of type Memo, (access database). I use Ado Data Bound Dialog to fetch the database records. But the data of the fields of Memo type are not retrieved. What is the problem with Memo data type? I need to store an array of length 8000, is there another way to store it in database? thanks, Behzad Look at the GetChunk/AddChunk methods. -- ============ Frank Hickman Microsoft MVP NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. "behzad" <b@b.com> wrote in message news:O7kS77C6EHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > ...

help, problem.
can anyone help me to slove this problem? 1) I want to set an equation instead of input: =A2*B2+A3*B3+A4*B4+A5*B5+A6*B6+A7*B7+....+A150*B150 thank you Try: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A150)*(B2:B150)) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Peter Ho" wrote: >can anyone help me to slove this problem? >1) I want to set an equation instead of input: > =A2*B2+A3*B3+A4*B4+A5*B5+A6*B6+A7*B7+....+A150*B150 >thank you "Max" <demechanik@yahoo.com> wrote... >Try: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A150)*(B2:B150)) .... If b...

Problem again with Downloading OFX files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C57641.B290E800 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I previously had a problem downloading OFX files. The problem went away = and I never understood what caused the problem. The error I get is as follows: "A communication error occurred. Please try your call again. If you = continue=20 to have problems call your financial institution's Online Services = Customer=20 Support." It happens at multiple banks and also happens whether I...

save page setup
I have a custom size publication. I can't save the page setup or the printer preferances when I open the publication. The custon size is in the dropdown boxs for both (page setup and printer pref.), but I have to manually reset them each time. What version Publisher? Is your printer driver current? What model printer? Is it just one particular publication? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "sierralightfoot" <sierralightfoot@discussions...

Excel deleting some numbers from an excel document
I have a spread sheet that has (example) numbers in a cell 45% (5/11) in a cell or 60% (60/100) in a cell. I have hundreds of cells each with different series of numbers all with a 1-2 or 3 diget % and two numbers in (). I want to delete the number in parenthesis and the parenthesis. I can do it cell by cell but I figure that there should be some way to reformat the cells to do it in mass =LEFT(A1,FIND("%",A1)) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Seth" <Seth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1383B72-E904-457B-BB5F-EC0573D1...

view problems
It's been one of those weeks folks. I know I've seen this problem before, but it was long ago. I have a project plan, where when I open it, every column has the dropdown for filters. Can't get rid of them. Can't add or remove columns from any view(enterprise or local). I've checked every setting I can think of, although that's not too many. any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help, Kerry -- If you see dropdown pick list buttons on every column, this usually means you have AutoFilter turned on for this project. On your bottom toolbar (the For...

Print Full Page Journals as a Report by date
Some of our clients print (create) two 'Receipts' (Journals). One is the typical 40 column Receipt, the other a Full Page (8.5 x 11). They then want to send these full page documents to their customers as an Invoice (We've modified the document title from Sales Receipt to Invoice). In order to reprint the full page 'Invoice' from RMS-HQ, they have to scroll through each batch and print every other Journal (the full page version). Solution Idea: Either through a Crystal Report or via the built-in reports, create a full page "Invoice" (Sales Receipt) that can...