Opening a 2003 document in 2007

I have a form document that was created in 2003. When people try to open the
document in 2007, they see all the formating markups and have to go through a
somewhat lengthy process every time they open the document to be able to
see/print the document without markups, but then the form functions are lost.
I've been told that there is no way to fix this, that 2003 and 2007 "don't
talk." Surely there is something that can be done so the 2007 users can open
the document and use the protected form without going through these steps:
Review tab:
Tracking:
    Show Markup
          Reviewers
               All
Protect Document:
     Stop Protection
Tracking:
     Change Final Showing Markup to Final

If you send someone a document with tracked changes in it, it will
open with the changes showing.

Just change "View Final with Markup" to "View Final."

This is not controlled by the sender, but by the recipient.

On Mar 31, 11:27=A0am, carriero <carri...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I have a form document that was created in 2003. When people try to open =
the
> document in 2007, they see all the formating markups and have to go throu=
gh a
> somewhat lengthy process every time they open the document to be able to
> see/print the document without markups, but then the form functions are l=
ost.
> I've been told that there is no way to fix this, that 2003 and 2007 "don'=
> talk." Surely there is something that can be done so the 2007 users can o=
pen
> the document and use the protected form without going through these steps=
:
> Review tab:
> Tracking:
> =A0 =A0 Show Markup
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Reviewers
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0All
> Protect Document:
> =A0 =A0 =A0Stop Protection
> Tracking:
> =A0 =A0 =A0Change Final Showing Markup to Final

0
Peter
3/31/2010 9:24:32 PM
Why are you sending them forms with markup if you don't want them to see the
markup? Accept all the changes before sending the form.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"carriero" <carriero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form document that was created in 2003. When people try to open
>the
> document in 2007, they see all the formating markups and have to go
> through a
> somewhat lengthy process every time they open the document to be able to
> see/print the document without markups, but then the form functions are
> lost.
> I've been told that there is no way to fix this, that 2003 and 2007 "don't
> talk." Surely there is something that can be done so the 2007 users can
> open
> the document and use the protected form without going through these steps:
> Review tab:
> Tracking:
>    Show Markup
>          Reviewers
>               All
> Protect Document:
>     Stop Protection
> Tracking:
>     Change Final Showing Markup to Final

0
Suzanne

Blackberry Internet Email & Exch 2007
Greets... Have some Blackberrys that were using BB Internet Email connection. Worked fine with Exch. 2003. Now we upgraded to Exch. 2007 and Blackbery Internet Connection (via T-Mobile) gives us "Cannot connect to server". I think this is related to the old method of accessing via web: i.e. HTTPS:\\mail.company.com\exchange\username doesn't work the same under 2007. I've tried Https:\\mail.company.com\owa\username and that doesn't work either... Thanks, Cheesle Check out this link: http://www.blackberry.com/select/exchange2007/ cheers, Guga Varo Exchange Gr...

Publisher 2000

On the way to 2003
I'm about to install a new Exchange 2003 server. My current Exchange 5.5 server still sits in our nearly-abandoned NT4 domain. Users are already logging on to the 2003 domain while their mailboxes remain in Exchange 5.5. This is just how things have worked out. But now, the question is moving mailboxes after installing Exchange 2003 in the Active Directory domain from the NT4 domain. My plan is to create a new Organization with the 2003 install. Is the easiest, least painful way to move things at this point to create ..pst files out of the Exchange 5.5 mailboxes and put them in Ex...

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

OL 2003 .nk2 file clears on reboot
We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot. We have tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one, created a new OL profile with no luck. When we copied another users nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is picked up, but no new address are stored. outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if so, close it first. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? h...

Exchange 2003 Store.exe failure
Hello, Our Exchange Server 2003 recently exhibited the same issues as described in Nicolas Harnois's post (http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=umCQCkuhDHA.944%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl). The problem starts with the following error: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Exchange Server Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 2/25/2004 Time: 3:43:10 AM User: N/A Computer: ACCEXC1 Description: The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Exchange Server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registr...

Outlook 2003 / No line wrapping
Hi, first of all: Couldn't find a solution after doing some googling. My problem is: Automatic line wraps don't happen. No, it's certainly not the "Remove extra line breaks" option being checked. I write my emails in plain/text, the only line breaks that appear in a message's source code are those inserted manually. The default setting of wrapping lines at 76 characters is set and I don't see any option to completely disable / enable line wrapping, so I'm a bit at a loss. Yes, it's definetly not a problem of the (different) MUAs used for viewing these em...

office prof 2003 upgrade
I have microsoft works 9 installed. When I try to use my Office Prof 2003 upgrade it will not recognize the office works 9 as a valid upgrade program. How can I get the upgrade to work? I cannot find any hints within the MS website. Thanks for your help! Andrew wrote: >I have microsoft works 9 installed. When I try to use my Office Prof 2003 >upgrade it will not recognize the office works 9 as a valid upgrade program. >How can I get the upgrade to work? I cannot find any hints within the MS >website. Thanks for your help! > > You may need this patc...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Shutdown Exchange 2003 Services
I tried to search for it in this newsgroups, however I haven't been able to find the answer. When shutting down EXCH2K3 what services should I stop and what is the order? TIA Trung Hello, > When shutting down EXCH2K3 what services should I stop and > what is the order? use following command "net stop msexchangesa /y" without capitals. This will stop the exchange services. If you have additional like POP3 or IMAP check if they are stopped to. If not, you find the name of these in the services.msc. To start you can use a "net start ....." Greetings Ro...

Receipts in Outlook 2003
Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer this. I set up Outlook to ask for a delivery receipt AND a read receipt. (Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Tracking Options | For all messages I send, request: (CHKBOX) Read Receipt/(CHKBOX) Delivery Receipt) I have a folder named "Receipts"in my Inbox, and two subfolders under "Receipts," "Delivery" and "Read." I have already created a rule for delivery receipts. I am having trouble composing a rule for read receipts. When I right-click on a delivery receipt, the "Create Rule..." selection is OK...

Need an open house sign in sheet

Outlook 2003 stops writing
when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system and interrups writing for a few seconds. The marker disappears and there is no memory of the keys used. It happens both with the built-in keyboard on my laptop as well as when I use an externa keyboard. Vista Premium. -- gunsan That is more likely to be a problem with win, or your hardware "gunsan" <gunsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4522D556-4482-4179-B34A-8B97BB8E7B3D@microsoft.com... > when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system > and > ...

active sync and exchange 2003
Hi, I am having major problems with getting active sync working. Our OWA folder in https://mail.domain.com/exchange 2003 is configured to require SSL and is Forms based with basic authentication. So I went the following location http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=817379 and created another virtual directory called /ExchangeOMA as the microsoft KB aritical instructs. SSL is also set to required on https://mail.domain.com/oma and that works just fine. When I go to http://mail.domain.com/exchangeOMA it looks like it trying to come up with outlook web access but all the icons are ...

OFFICE 2003 02-12-10
ALL OF A SUDDEN I WAS NOT ABLE TO OPEN EXCEL ANYMORE. INSTEAD OF OPENING THE PROGRAM, IT WENT TO WINDOWS INSTALLER AND JUST STOPPED.I REMOVED OFFICE 2003 FROM THE HARDDRIVE AND THEN REINSTALLED IT FROM THE DISK. HOWEVER, I AM GETTING THE ERROR MESSAGE: "ERROR 1304 - ERROR WRITING TO FILE: C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICEII\1033\XLINTL32.DLL VERIFY THAT YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THAT DIRECTORY " i WAS ABLE TO INSTALL "WORD" AND "OUTLOOCK" SEPARASTE;Y. BUT WHENEVER I TRY TO INSTALL "EXCEL" I GET THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE. WHAT CAN I DO TO...

Converting Access 2000 to Access 2003 or XP
I have Access 2000 on my home PC and want to install it on my business PC. I also need to upgrade this program. Do I upgrade first, then bring it to work? Also, if the software is licensed to me at home, can I install it on my business computer as well? Thank you. No, each install has to have its own separate license. The Access 2000 on your home PC is only licensed for you home PC. If you are planning to upgrade, you would be better off buying the full installation of Office 2003 or Office 2002 to install on your business machine. If installing Office 2002/2003 to more than one machin...

Moving mailboxes between Exch. 5.5 and 2003
Hello When I try to move mailboxes from exchange 5.5 to 2003 I got following error. You do not have the rights required to complete the operation. MAPI or an unspecified service provider. ID no: 80070005-0000-00000000 I have assigned Permission Admin rights to about anything I can think of at the 5.5 side. Any help greatly appreciated TIA Rudy Steyaert Hi Rudy You might want to take a look at this article and see if it helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;264119 -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links