Name: 20 Characters at length and so on
Date: 15 Characters
Title of the reading: 40 characters

Please advise,

Thanks
--
astro44

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6cf91dbc-3542-49ba-9c4f-21c9fb150956&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/FillinTheBlanks.htm and
especially the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.
You can specify a character limit in the Form Field Options.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Jessica@aol.com" <Jessicaaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to create an online form that will allow for a limited amount
> of
> characters per field.
>
> For example:
>
> Name: 20 Characters at length and so on
> Date: 15 Characters
> Title of the reading: 40 characters
>
> Please advise,
>
> Thanks
> --
> astro44
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6cf91dbc-3542-49ba-9c4f-21c9fb150956&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

0
Suzanne

Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 Trial
I downloaded this several months ago and now the trial period has expired. I want to remove it from my computer but when I go through the process via Control Panel/Remove Software and I get the following message: "The language of this installation package is not supported by your system." What is up and how can I remove the software? -- Rev Try the following. Also remove the Activation Assistant http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowl...

How to add "Add existing..." button link in custom entity form?
Hi, I created a custom entity called ClassSchedule which has a parental, 1-Many relationship with Contact. Now, when I add new ClassSchedule, in the form, and click the Contact link, I want to have a button "Add Existing Contact" instead of just adding new contact in my ClassSchedule. Please advise on how to go about it. Thanks! ...

Outlook 2003 inbox looks funny
The inbox on my Outlook 2003 file looks peculiar. How can I rename it? It has recently changed to a whole load of funny characters. ...

Search list box form text box
I hope I am in the right place. I found this site looking for a solution on google. I am working with Access 2007. I have an application I'm working on that requires a list box for selection. OK. I can do that. I am working with a customers table and for simplicity we'll say it has an auto number field, last name, first name, and ss # field. I have created a list box, and I can highlight a record and select it for editing. The problem is that as this database grows, I would like to have a text box where the user can search by last name or ss # and it would go to ...

Quickbase Exact Form
I followed the tutorial for creating an exact form and connecting it to my Quickbase data. However, when I try to save the template to Quickbase, I get an "automation error, Library not registered." There isn't any information about how to correct the error. Does anyone know the solution? Off topic here. Suggest that you take a look at http://community.intuit.com/categories/contents/10298 -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "NKHunter&qu...

Exchange 2003 Public Folders and Send As
Hello, I've read the previous posts and with Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 SP1, I am having no luck setting up a non-administrator user the ability to do a send as for a public folder. I've seen people have these similiar issues without resolution lately. This is a native mode single Active Directory Domain (one AD Site) and I've tried the steps listed at the end. I've verified this problem in a couple other environments and a lab. The error I get in Outlook when I try to reply to a message incoming to the public folder is "You do not have the permission to send the mess...

Word 2003 accidentally moved folder to other folder, now won't ope
I accidentally moved a folder to the folder below it and now I cannot open that folder and get at the files in it. It says: C:/Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\My Documents\Work/Work2009\GLB\SBL is not accessible. Access is denied. Looks like you've got an odd combination of slashes and backslashes. How are you trying to open the files? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "lacallahan" <lacallahan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:408E7AE7-E468-4ED1-8506-FE3C6D55...

Moving from Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007
My new computer is Windows 7 with Office 2007. I have read many articles about backing up Outlook files but I am still confused. Is there ONE file I can backup that will transfer my email login names, passwords, contacts, calendar and email send and receive messages from my Outlook 2003 to my new Outlook 2007? Will moving the ".pst" file from the old computer to the new one accomplish this? If I do an "import/export", is there a file that will move my email logins and passwords? Still confused.:confused: Many Thanks! -- Yachtcaptn http://forums.sli...

Help with online services in money Plus
Ok I have two problems. 1. I have two accounts setup to use MSN Bill Pay and I want to add a new account to this service and I don't remember how to do this and have searched all over and can't find the anwser. I have added the account online in bill pay and confirmed it but can't get the EPAY option in the account in Money Plus 2. How do you modify an account's details once you use it to pay an online bill. I have an account that I need to change the account number and it will not let me. I have another that I can't change the address. Here is what I do: ...

create new form
Using MS Office 2003 with Windows XP. I'm creating a series of new email messages in Outlook that I would like to save as forms. I would like to do this without having to turn off MS Word as the email editor every time I create a new form. When Word was turned off as the editor I would create the forms by starting a new mail message, adding everything I wanted then hitting Tools/Forms/Publish Form. However I can't create forms in this way when Word is turned on as the email editor. I thought that the solution might be to add the Tools/Forms/Publish Form menu button to the new ...

51. Wiener Access Stammtisch Einladung (14.08.2007)
Wiener Access Stammtisch http://access.primary.at/ access.st.wien@gmx.at Liebe Accessler, ich m�chte Euch hiermit zum 51. Wiener Access Stammtisch einladen. Termin: Dienstag, 14.08.2007, ab 19:00 Ort: Lokal "Fantastica, Pizzeria", Wagramer Stra�e 154, A 1220 Wien ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Fantastica, Pizzeria http://www.fantastica.at/ pizza22@fantastica.at pizzeria@fantastica.at 1220 - Wagramer Stra�e 154 Restaurant, Italienische K�che Telefon: 203 75 39, Fax: 209 15 21 �ffnungszeiten t�glich 09.00 - 23.00 Gastgarten, durchge...

Using a shared calendar in Outlook 2003
The shared calendar was setup in Outlook 2000 on another machine. Am I able to gain access to the calendar or no? I tried to install the net folders component but it seems it's not available for 2003, is this true? Thanks for your help. Yes, net folders has been dropped since Outlook 2002. There are a lot of third party tools that can do it when you don't connect to an Exchange server. Share just the Calendar; http://tinyurl.com/3p6xm Share all Outlook folders http://tinyurl.com/49lzg Also take a look here http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [M...

Outlook 2003 can't connect to Exchange Server, NetBEUI perhaps?
Hi, I bought Outlook 2003 to upgrade from Outlook 2000 and it can't see my exchange server. I've gone back to Outlook 2000 and everything works fine again. Somehow this isn't considered a setup issue by MS and costs $250 for someone to listen to, but I digress... The client is XPsp1, latest fixes. The server is NT4sp6a and latest fixes and the Exchange server is 5.5 with latest service packs and fixes. The one unusual thing is that I use NetBEUI exclusively on my internal network for security (don't trust a routable protocol). Does Outlook 2003 support NetBEUI? ...

2003 word documents
These open and close very slowly indeed. If I close an open document it does so as mormal but if I exit the word doc application is is slow slow. First it closes the word from screen followed by a grey screen for some seconds. I have checked hard ware and ok. I don't have any viruses and AVG have cleared it so anyone know what to do next? Thanks -- Abandoned & orphaned children belong in families you might try testing word via safe mode. -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - ...

Pass name of control to a form
How do I pass the name of a control on Form_A to Form_B? For example: I have a hidden control in Form_A named ControlA1_ID, I want to pass the name of that control to Form_B. Then when Form_B closes, I want to place a value, say from Form_B.ControlB_ID, into Form_A.ControlA1_ID. How do I reference the control name? Forms!Form_A.ControlA1_ID.Name? So that I can assign it to a variable for use with OpenArgs. -- www.bardpv.com Tempe, Arizona Emma You may not need to "pass" anything. Take a look at Access HELP for "expressions". You can refer to a control on a f...

Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003
Dear all, I am have purchase Exchange 2003 media kit via Software Assurance scheme but upon opening the package I found that the supplied client software is Outlook 2002. Am I suppose to get Outlook 2003? Thanks. Regards, Kueh. ...

Online Version
I would like an online version that is very similar to the CD ROM Version. Quicken started offering an online version only recently. This means I could start using Microsoft money from any computer. My computer was broken for a few days and I was not able to use Microsoft money. ...

Best Work at Home Jobs Online
Online jobs are an effective way of making money online without any investment. By doing online jobs one can earn a decent part time income. Companies all around the world need employees who can do their work, so they hire people and they pay them for the work they do. But there are many problems which company owners face. Like after gaining a little experience, people start to demand more pay or they just go to some other high paying company. Just Visit : http://www.yourforexmoney.com ...

Form size always maximized!
Hi, I've just moved to Access 2007 and I've run into a little problem. My forms are opening in maximized - that is, they take all the screen with the name tab at the top left. I'd like to have the form smaller than maximized, but if I make the form smaller, it just shows the extra as white (the background color) and the form remains 'maximized'. If I open one of my 2003 databases, the forms are smaller, as intended. But if I create a new 2007 database form or even save the database as 2003 format, the forms have the 'maximized' format. Any ideas on how to ...

Cannot Login to Exchange 2003 Server
I have just performed a migration from Exchange 5.5 Server. We cannot get any Outlook client to log in. All users are using Outlook 2000. The error I receive is: Cannot find username in the address list, name cannot be resolved. I checked, and: - All accounts are enabled - All mailboxes have been imported On a side note: 1. I created a new user and wasn't able to gain access to mailbox. 2. I created a mailbox for the administrator and was able to connect to their inbox and through OWA. No other users work. Thanks for a prompt reply, Matt Please detail the migration s...

Online reconciling
During the set-up process of money, it asks for which my online bank id and password. I type it in and get an error message to the effect, " check id and password, not able to connect". Can anyone help me? ...

Unable to connect to online quote server
I'm not getting quotes this morning, is anyone else seeing this problem? Same here. Probably too much traffic. <g.m.cox.mail@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2fb8ba8a-9eab-4c3d-91a7-c63317d1e034@e38g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > I'm not getting quotes this morning, is anyone else seeing this > problem? Having the same problem here. The message I get when checking msn network status is: HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found Also it refers to IIs services problem and that the site does not exist. I can post the whole page is anyone is interested. JC <g.m.cox.mail@gmail....

Exchange 2003 client slower sending that Exchange 2000
I just set up my first SBS 2003 server including Exchange. When sending to local addresses (i.e. Global Address Book, within the domain, which is within a LAN), it seems to take MUCH longer for a message to go from the Outbox to Sent Items and several seconds more before it appears in the Inbox. All my experience with SBS 2000 was that it all took less than a couple of seconds, even with large message stores. Any ideas? Is this another feature (new and improved?) On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:07:04 -0700, "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just set up my fi...

problem setting up yahoo mail on ms outlook 2003
Hello, when setting up yahoo mail on ms outlook 203 or express we still get a poping window asking for username and password. We tried to connect directly though yahoo webmail and it was ok. so the password should be ok. we have no problems to setup any other account thant yahoo. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike, <hanii@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1129018744.137992.51040@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com > Hello, > > when setting up yahoo mail on ms outlook 203 or express we still get a > poping window asking for username and password. > > We tried to connect directly ...

PopUp Form Help
I'm trying to create a pop-up form to allow users to enter data to table that main form is based on. Due to size of main form and because pop-up fields will only be used per certain entries on main form, I want to use a pop-up form to enter needed data. On the main form, I have the fields listed below. For example, if user enters "TypeOne" as a PType and then enters Model, AfterUpdate to Model field a pop-up form opens with fields for UnitGroupName and UnitModelName. I would like the UnitGroupName to be populated with "All TypeOne Products" when the po...