number/bullet list style scheme problem from Word 2003 to Word 200

I have a Word 2003 template with build-in and customized styles included
paragraph, character, linked style, list/outline style and some macros. The
template works well in 2003 to create a document with all the customized
styles shown. However, when the template opens in Word 2007, (right click on
the .dot file), I have one pop up message that Word detects errors in the
file and able to repair with a list of numbered styles. However, I lost my
entire customized numbered and bullets list scheme.

In 2007, when I use my mouse hover the style pane on these specific numbered
or bullets list styles, I don't see any numbering scheme. However, in 2003, I
can see the scheme on each customized numbered or bullets style. I also use
build-in headings for my TOC, these works fine in both cases.

I tried open the .dot file in any way in 2007, but gotten the same result.
The scheme is just don’t carry over. Also, when I export and import the
customized list style in 2003 from one template to another one in 2003, the
scheme also doesn't carry over.

I'm lost and cannot figure out why. I created my list styles according to
Shauna Kelly link.

Is it somewhere in the registry I can copy the setting from 2003 into 2007?
Or where did I go wrong? Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Normally, you should be able to use the 2003 template in 2007 without
problem, so it seems that there might be some corruption in your particular
template.  If you still have access to Word 2003, try creating a new
template from the template via the File>New dialog, and then try using that
new template in Word 2007.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"fc" <fc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a Word 2003 template with build-in and customized styles included
> paragraph, character, linked style, list/outline style and some macros.
> The
> template works well in 2003 to create a document with all the customized
> styles shown. However, when the template opens in Word 2007, (right click
> on
> the .dot file), I have one pop up message that Word detects errors in the
> file and able to repair with a list of numbered styles. However, I lost my
> entire customized numbered and bullets list scheme.
>
> In 2007, when I use my mouse hover the style pane on these specific
> numbered
> or bullets list styles, I don't see any numbering scheme. However, in
> 2003, I
> can see the scheme on each customized numbered or bullets style. I also
> use
> build-in headings for my TOC, these works fine in both cases.
>
> I tried open the .dot file in any way in 2007, but gotten the same result.
> The scheme is just don’t carry over. Also, when I export and import the
> customized list style in 2003 from one template to another one in 2003,
> the
> scheme also doesn't carry over.
>
> I'm lost and cannot figure out why. I created my list styles according to
> Shauna Kelly link.
>
> Is it somewhere in the registry I can copy the setting from 2003 into
> 2007?
> Or where did I go wrong? Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

0
Doug

Stop external emails for some users in Exchange 2003
I have 30 users. Only few users should access and send to external emails and all users should access and send to internal emails only. How can we achieve this. Thanks in Millions. Create a connector and use a group to permission who can and can't send mail. Use an allow setting vs. a deny setting. Al "Ninad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35f501c4a040$cd3ec2d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have 30 users. Only few users should access and send to > external emails and all users should access and send to > internal emails only. How can w...

Numbering
Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:07:02 -0700, carosaam <carosaam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? Yes. Do you mean for the process names or function names? Yes. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ Electrical for Visio http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/ Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close #2
After installing Microsoft service pack (sp2) and while opening Outlooks 2000 (Office 2000);I recieved this error message, "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close." Can anyone offer a suggestion to fix this problem? >-----Original Message----- >After installing Microsoft service pack (sp2) and while >opening Outlooks 2000 (Office 2000);I recieved this error >message, "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and >needs to close." > >Can anyone offer a suggestion to fix this problem? >. > i have the same pro...

Outputting a CString to File Problem
Hello, Currently I am using Visual C++ 2005 Pro, with an MFC application. However, when I attempt to output a CString to a file via ofstream, the resulting output is a hex value, not the text in the CString I intended. Does anybody have any ideas why this would happen? Here is the code snippet in question: CString sPathToSettings = GetWorkingDirectory(); sPathToSettings += "settings.ini"; ofstream OutFile(sPathToSettings); OutFile << sPathToSolution; OutFile.close(); BTW: The sPathToSettings string points to a valid path, as it does create a file successfully. ...

negative number to positive number
How can I change a negative number to positive number Multiply by -1 or use the ABS() function. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I change a negative number to positive number =ABS(##) or mult it by -1 -- Regards Rob "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I chan...

How can I generate a letter from an Outlook 2003 appointment scree
I many times have to send confirmations of appointments by snail mail. Is there a way to automate this process, by having the persons name and address automatically entered on a letter format? Can this interface with WORD? ...

How do I expand the number of characters in Access comment box?
I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 characters in a "Comment" box. Hi, You could try changing your table's field type to Memo. Assuming that your are talking about a field in a table, that maybe shows on a form. If that is not the case, please describe precisely what comment box your are attempting to use. Clifford Bass Pearlene wrote: >I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 >characters in a "Comment" box. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Hide page numbers for mutliple discontiquous levels
Hi: I need to hide the page numbers for levels 1 and 7 in my TOC. I used the \n switch to hide level 1, but cannot find a way to specify multiple ranges for this switch. Is there a way to do this? I am using Word 2003. Phil You have to use a trick. See the "Omitting page numbers for noncontiguous levels" section of http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm#OmitPageNumbers -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Phillip Llacuna" <phillip.v.llacuna@lmco.com> wrote in me...

1-52 pages, 8,000 employee numbers
Dear Excel, I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees. The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages for each employee. Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it (0001 to 8000). Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the week number from 01 to 52. Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000 pages. Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us! How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel? Thanks On Apr 19, 2:17=A0pm, gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13 <gatecrasher...@gmail.com> wr...

Sequential numbering in Number field
When I am entering transactions manually, I will put "Debit" or "VISA" to indicate how the withdrawl was made. When I download my account information, Money05 overwrites this with a sequential number. I have to go into the entry a second time to redo my change. Does anyone know how to turn this "feature" off? I want my values used - sequential numbering does not help me in the slightest. This is not a "feature" you can turn off. It's a reflection of the basic premise of downloaded transaction data. The presumption with downloading data...

Windows 7 AD problem
Frustrating issue here: I have a windows server 2003 AD infrastructure. I Windows 7 as my company computers. I have 1 user (user A) that, when logged into the network, loses control of his screen when user B starts typing. I have made sure that IPs are not conflicting. I have created different accounts for both of them but still keep having the same bad luck. It is causing user A to not be able to work because whenever user B is typing an e-mail it literally takes control of user A's screen and starts typing into whatever program he has open. I have never seen nor ...

Compressing a Word file with jpeg photos
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I have a 16 MB Word file with JPEG photos I'd like to email. Is there any way to compress this file? <br><br>Thanks. In article <59bb8f42.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, <nancfp@officeformac.com> wrote: >Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I have a 16 MB >Word file with >JPEG photos I'd like to email. Is there any way to compress this file? In the Finder, select the file and choose File > Create Archive. Patty No. JPEGs are already compressed as tight as ...

Copy from one calendar to another in Outlook 2003?
Is there a way to copy all events from one calendar to another in Outlook 2003? I have four different calendars in Outlook and would like to use a different one for default than what I've used in the past. I tried to export from one, exporting as a csv file, and re importing it into the other. It doesn't work. What's prompting this is I started to use Outlook Connector and it seems that the folder that Outlook Connector wants to share on the web is my MSN calendar. Any ideas? Thanks, Sam The default Calendar is the one that belongs to the store where mail is being delivere...

IMF Global Accept list does not seem to be working???
There's an application on a web server that sends a few email to our front-end servers and i've put the ip address in the accept list under content filtering. The email are being sent to a listserv address and are being blocked by IMF. Why? I also get this msg when adding an address to the accept list: Connection, Recipient, and Sender Filtering must manually be enabled on specific SMTP Virtual server IP address assignments as they are nto enabled by default. For more information on how to enable any of the above filtering types, read their associated help. Not sure what that ...

Where can I download microsoft Publisher 2002 or 2003?
Where can I download microsoft Publisher 2002 or 2003? Shuntley wrote: > Where can I download microsoft Publisher 2002 or 2003? Legally? Nowhere. Try a computer software store (e.g. CompUSA or Best Buy in the USA, PC World or somewhere in the UK), or an online retailer like Amazon or eBuyer. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Pub 2002 is an old version and no longer sold. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shuntley" <Shuntley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F49DAA9-A181-4A47-9B46-B60FD0353DCD@microsoft.com... &...

Number of Cells in a column
Hi, I want to add this formula in my ESS. COUNTIF(sheet1!S2:S43,"*Yes*") to find out the number of value containing "YES". My concern is I don't have fixed count from S2 to S43. It could be something else. What can I do to have this code reusable? I thought something like COUNTIF(Sheet!S2:Count($S2),"*Yes*") \But it doesnt work Thanks for your help Jack Try this if there is nothing else in that column:- =COUNTIF(sheet1!S:S,"*Yes*") -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - ...

problem receiving mails for remote clients.....
hai all, we are using exchange 5.5 and we have 6 branches they all connect to exchange server remotely using outlook 2000 with pop3 ip address before everything ok from two days to what it is showing for clients when they press send and receive downloading mail from '202.125.85.187'........ Receiving message 1 of 9 Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details. Receiveing mail on account 202.125.85.187 Failed then in outlook...

General Number Format Changed
Excel 2003 on XP I have a collegue who's Excel setting for General number format displays as 0.1 instead of 1 in the sample box. ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in ".1" (as in 0.1) you get "1". Where in the settings can this General format be returned to standard? Many thanks DeanH Sorry that should have been: ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in "1." (as in 1.0) you get "1". "DeanH" wrote: > Excel 2003 on XP > I have a collegue who's Excel setting for G...

How to define cells so that only numbers can be filled?
Hi, How could I format cells in excel so that only numbers can be filled The input should be integer e.g. between 0...99 and cells shoud no accept any other marks, such as space, letters... simply nothing els but integers. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Juha! Try: Data > Validation You'll find it pretty intuitive and very flexible as to what you can do as far a restricting input to a cell. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available fre...

email accounts...import
How would I import my email accounts from another computer.... I have many accounts from outlook 2003 and would like to import them to another computer and can I also import the rules from another computer? I have the hard drive access to it... as the registry got royally messed up after downloading a "pick of the day" from PCMagazine site! Last time I do that! Ron.... wrote: > How would I import my email accounts from another computer.... > > I have many accounts from outlook 2003 and would like to import them to > another computer > > and can I also...

Adding Mailbox to Outlook 2003
Hey all, Ive done this before sucessfully in outlook, never in 2003 though so maybe I'm just missing something?! I have my primary Exchange email account setup, and I want to add another mailbox to it so I can monitor another mail. I go to: - Tools - Email accounts - View/change - Change - More Settings - Advanced Tab - Add - THIS is where it becomes a problem, it seems to find the other account on the exchange fine, adds it into the box.. I look on my file tree on the left side of outlook and I can see the "mailbox - sales" there but when I click on it is comes up with: &q...

Exchange 2003 Locks Up on Boot
Early this morning, I had to reboot our Exchange 2003 server. Unfortunately, it didn't come back up, instead stopping at the window stating "applying computer settings." Despite a couple of reboots, the server locks up at that point. It has been working just fine until now. A moment ago, we were able to get into the system, by accessing the registry remotely, and setting some Exchange services to start manually. As a result, we're back into the system. However, we're still at a loss to explain why the server is locking up, and are facing mounting pressure from...

Numbering, revisited
While there are already a lot of posts about numbering, I haven't been able to find the solutions for my specific quandry... [BTW, I'm posting this under "General" even though ultimately I'd like to make macros to support the answer -- since a manual solution needs to be the first step! :) ] Background: My workgroup is preparing to migrate to Word 2007 very soon. We create/maintain hundreds of large procedure manuals, each containing multiple chapters (sometimes up to 40-50 per manual). Each chapter consists of steps, using multi-level numbered lists...

Problems migrating PST files from Outlook 2000 to 2003
One of the users I support bought a new laptop with Office2003 on it. Her old machine had all the mail in 2 PST files (outlook.pst and archive.pst.) After setting up her mail (Internet mail for her home office,) I copied over the pst files. I closed outlook and set up the personal folders from the mail icon in the control panel. I selected the folder type as outlook 97~2002. When I open outlook, I can see the folders within the personal folders but not the mail. I tried the inbox repair tool but it didn't help. This is the first time I've worked with Outlook2003 and frankly ...

transaction number in PC Charge
Is there any way to manage the fields that should go to PC Charge while tendering credit cards in RMS. The problem is that transaction number ( called Ticket in PC Charge) doesn't appear in PC Charge and that cost as extra money. Regards, Ewa ...