Normal.dotx not keeping its settings

I have a user thats experiencing problems with Word 2007. They keep loosing
macros and the font and font size keep resetting.

Also the horizontal scroll bar is missing from Excel.

MS Word is running on an XP OS with the latest service pack.

All running on a Novell backbone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Barry

The normal template for Word 2007 is normal.dotm. dotx templates cannot
store macros.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a user thats experiencing problems with Word 2007. They keep loosing
> macros and the font and font size keep resetting.
>
> Also the horizontal scroll bar is missing from Excel.
>
> MS Word is running on an XP OS with the latest service pack.
>
> All running on a Novell backbone.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Barry

0
Graham

Outlook 2000 settings & roaming profiles
Hiya all, wonder if someone can help me, we have a windows 2000 network with Outlook 2000 setup per user for POP e-mail access, but it seems when the user logs onto another PC. their outlook settings are lost (accounts and location of PST file) does anyone know a resolution of this or something to do with group policy where you can tell it where to look and/or save outlook information within the roaming profile? Thanks Dave What's the client OS? All mail profile info does indeed travel with roaming profiles - peraps you're having profile problems. Check the system event lo...

How can I keep leading 0's in pasted numbers?
I am pasting numbers into Excel. The numbers stand for the last two digits of a year (i.e. 02, 03, 04). Excel likes to delete the leading 0 because it thinks that I don't need it. How can I turn this "feature" off? Thanks. Before you paste in the data, make sure the destination cells in Excel are set to text (Format > Cells). HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I am pasting numbers into Excel. The numbers stand for the last two digits of >a year (i.e. 02, 03, 04). Excel likes to delete the leading 0 because it >thinks that I don't need...

Save custom captions in other template than normal.dot
Hi, I am running word 2003 SP3. I am creating templates that should be distributed to many users and I like to create a custom caption. Is there a way to save the custom caption to the template I create instead of to the normal.dot. If not, is there a smart way to get this custom caption "automatically" transferred into my created template? Very greatful for any help, this is a major showstopper for me. Thanks in advance /Maria Unfortunately no. Caption labels can only be saved in the Normal template. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Maria...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

How to set up Outlook 2000 to open new browser to view a hyperlink
I'd like Outlook 2000 to open a completely new browser window when I click on a link within an email. Currently it is changing one of my exsisting windows and I can't find where to change the settings. Thanks in advance. BonnieC <BonnieC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like Outlook 2000 to open a completely new browser window when I > click on a link within an email. Currently it is changing one of my > exsisting windows and I can't find where to change the settings. If Internet Explorer is your browser, try this: open it and click Tools>Interne...

Setting up retirement investment
In Money 2004 Premium, does anyone have a suggestion for setting up IRA mutual fund investments? Is it best to set up an account called "Retirement Investments" and add IRA investments to that account or is it best to create individual accounts for each IRA investment? Thanks! It's best to create an IRA Account in Money to match each real-world IRA account that you have. In my case, I have four: one traditional, one Roth for both my wife and I to match our four corresponding accounts at Fidelity. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Help Setting Up Basic Excel Project...
Hey all! I took an Excel class years back and I remember that you can do this, but I just don't remember how. I'd like to create a fairly simple project. Basically, I have two columns: "title" and "author" I then would like a button on the spreadsheet that opens up a dialogue box that allows a user to add a new Title and Author, which when "submitted" are added to the main spreadsheet and are automatically alphabetized. It doesn't sound that difficult, I just don't know how to create a button (where to start). Any help would be greatly apprecia...

How do I set decimal formats in Access pivot tables
The Access Pivot Table I want simply put is stores across the top, items down the side and cost in the middle. All cost values are less than a dollar. The Currency format showing 3 decimal places works fine in the table, other form views and Excel data dump...just not in the Access pivot table. (The sum in the pivot table does show the three decimal values) Currently I get the Cost three decimal places showing zeros. Hey - where's the help here?? I did find a solution from my fantastically clever friend...in the query for the pivot table form, Cost: CDbl(Table1.Cost) fixed the pr...

How do I keep font formatting in publisher?
I produce a newsletter in 2 forms using Publisher. One form is with 2 A5 pages printed to be folded as a brochure (sent to a printer). If I try to make this single A5 pages (using page setup) some of the font sizes and types change - mostly becoming very big making other text disappear into overflow, requiring almost a complete rework of the publication (28 pages worth). Is there a way to stop the fonts changing? What version Publisher? Is your original layout a booklet using A3 stock, folded into A5? I've tried to duplicate your issue, but I cannot. Before you change the public...

Where to set "sender whitelist" in IMF?
Hi there, For IMF running on EXCH2003, wondering anywhere to enter email addr for "sender whitelist" so that those explicit listed senders won't be checked by IMF? Many thanks! On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:10:56 +0800, "leemutpo" <leemutpo@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi there, > >For IMF running on EXCH2003, wondering anywhere to enter email addr for >"sender whitelist" so that those explicit listed senders won't be checked by >IMF? > >Many thanks! > That feature isn't offered by the IMF at this stage. Hi .. Unfortunatel...

OWA on XNG2k3 on PPC Logon Keeps Popping Up
Using Sprint PPC-6700 WM5 and Exchange Server 2003 SP2. Installed Verisign SSL Cert on 6700, and seems to work. I don't get prompted with the security warning when accessing https://servername/exchange, just the logon box. But after I signon, everytime I navigate through the page I get the Network Logon box again asking for my password (even if I check Save Password). Ideas? Thx in advance, Jason ...

Keep formula in a cell?
How do I replace the value in a cell that has a formula in that cell, without erasing the formula ? Excel 2004 for Mac. Thank you You can't, you either have a formula or a value, you cannot have both. Maybe you could change the formula to return the value that you want. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Basco" <Basco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7F50F28-FF16-4275-9329-32735F4C36A3@microsoft.com... > How do I replace the value in a cell that has a formula in that cell, without > erasing the formula ? > ...

Keep Losing my custom task views
I keep multiple task folders and custom task views. This is the buggiest feature of outlook. My custom task views have a mind of their own. They sometimes completely disappear and come back when I simply select another folder and view and come back to the original folder. If I customize a view and select that it should be visible to the other folders, sometimes it is and sometimes its not. I have found no trend in how this feature behaves. I've tried creating views by copying old ones, modifying existing views and creating ones from scratch; in all cases, I have similar problem...

Setting Up Report
I am having a difficult time figuring this one out! I have a query that is pulling the fields that I need in a report. The fields are: BA Complexity Code NumberOfWorkDaysToCode/Key ES MCK 7 ES LCK 1 ES HCK 7 ES HCK 7 I need my report to look something like this: Number of Days To Code/Key HCK LCK MCK 1 Day 1 2...

odd scroll bar behaviour in access, keeps returning to top
hi i have a user here, using ms office 2003, and he has noticed that when scrolling through ms access or excel, that often the vertical scroll bar he is using will return to the top position. this is the same for excel. its a bit of an issue, as he would be clicking through databases with thousands of rows of data, and it keeps retuning to the top of the row. i did notice that a program called ifinger kept popping up as this was happening. but i could not find info on the web linking this product with the issue he is having. if any one has any suggestions, id appreaciate it. Regards ...

Normalization
How can i normalised my data to 1NF, 2NF and 3NF using excel. Normalizations usually involve the transformation of data in the format y=a*x+b Let's put you a-factor in A1 and your b-factor in B1. If your raw data is in C1 thru C100, then in D1 enter: =$A$1*C1+$B$1 and copy down -- Gary's Student "Jar" wrote: > How can i normalised my data to 1NF, 2NF and 3NF using excel. Excel isn't a database, so it doesn't support relational database concepts. (assume 1NF means first normal form and so forth as defined by Codd). -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Jar"...

How do I set up Outlook for another email address?

chart is up-side down. how do you correct it to normal.
how to fix??? I would try clicking on it. Then notice the "handles". Take the top center handle and drag it down below the bottom center handle. That's all I can think to do. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "eyewalker" <eyewalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4A846AD-4D35-40A1-98BC-BA41ABC38A6F@microsoft.com... > how to fix??? ...

Setting Outlook Word editor to Rich Text when replying/forwarding
Hi, Have a peculiar problem with a machine where if the user sends email in Outlook 2002 under HTML format, the receiver gets the content in the Subject Line but the message body is blank. I've tried every fix I know (see previous message). Anyway, I can have him get around it by setting Outlook to send email in Rich Text format under option, which works fine when sending new messages (body content comes through). But the problem now is that if he replies or forward a message in his inbox that is orginally in HTML format, that message gets stripped of the body contents. I set...

how do I set default font size in Excel comments?
as title - I want deafult font size to be 12 not 8. I am on XP SP1 / Excel2003, but right click / set auto defaults does nothing; in help, about comments shows nothing; troubleshoot comments shows nothing; other help unhelpful. To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font use...

Language Setting Word 2007 on Windows 7
I have set my language requirements on all the usual places in my Office suite to UK English as the default. However, whenever I press forward or reply to something in Outlook the spell checker checks elements of the data from the original in US English. This is is annoying as I have to press cancel in each instance. Although it picks out certain words, I am not offered, when it flags up US English, the option of saving to the US English dictionary. This is presumably because all my language settings are defaulted to UK English. Never happened with the same language settings...

Outlook settings problem
Hi I have a customer where it pops up all the time that mail needs to be send but can't with the current mail settings. When we try to enable outlook to send the mails and hit ok and close the settings window, outlook crashes. It won't save CRM settings ? is the user set to outlook settings on the user settings on the crm server? "CRM consultant" <nomail@der.dk> wrote in message news:4419B1C5-4B53-4166-AE0C-6673FC68A34F@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I have a customer where it pops up all the time that mail needs to be send > but can't with the curre...

keep losing my graphics
Hello, I have a re-ocurring problem with publisher 2003 SP2. I am modifying a file that was created with an earlier version. I have been adding graphics to existing and new pages. Sometimes when I open the saved file, I lose all of the graphics that have been inserted into the file. I can still see the graphics box, but the graphics manager says that it is empty. I am curious if it is the way it is being saved. These are the save options: save as: Publisher Files Publisher Template Publisher 98 Files Publisher 2000 Files Unicode Text Files PostScript Please help!! Read the fourth FAQ here ...

Default font setting...
Good Morning, everyone, and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays... I'd like to set the default font, established when Visio launches, to something other than 12 point Arial. Any easy way to do this? Thanks! Al Hi Al, In Visio, this is all really document-centric. You could make a copy of a template that you use often and redefine the Normal style. (go to Format > Define Styles...) Or redifine other styles that the shapes typically use. If you're just talking about a Blank New Drawing, you might be able to find it in this directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Visio1...