I work in an industry that requires that the current page (easy to do) and
the next page (the difficult part) be included in the header. Example, if I
am looking at Page 2 of a document, the next page is (obviously) 3.
Unfortunately I have been scouring the internet with little luck in finding
the answer to this small conundrum.
The other small issue is on the last page, say 10 for example, the next page
would need to say Attachment A, Page 1. Would anyone have any thoughts or
ideas?

The client receives a PDF type document as a deliverable so the work around
has been manually using Adobe's header to insert the next page number on each
applicable page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! - Peter

In the simple case, you can use { = { PAGE } + 1 }, but this would not work
when numbering is restarted or when you have to add text such as "Attachment
A."

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"pstephe1" <pstephe1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I work in an industry that requires that the current page (easy to do) and
> the next page (the difficult part) be included in the header. Example, if
> am looking at Page 2 of a document, the next page is (obviously) 3.
> Unfortunately I have been scouring the internet with little luck in
> finding
> the answer to this small conundrum.
> The other small issue is on the last page, say 10 for example, the next
> page
> would need to say Attachment A, Page 1. Would anyone have any thoughts or
> ideas?
>
> The client receives a PDF type document as a deliverable so the work
> around
> has been manually using Adobe's header to insert the next page number on
> each
> applicable page.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! - Peter

0
Suzanne

Print page footer only if details section on same page.
Hi, my current report layout is as follows: PageHeader (blank) AddresseHeader ProductHeader Detail PageFooter(Information) I have about 100 [addressee] records and I want it to print as follows: (AddressHeader section) "Hi [Addresse] "Thanks for your order of [product1 & product2 & product3 etc...] . Below is a list of components for the listed products:" [product1] "details details details" [product2] "details details details" (PageFooter) Thanks again for your order (now on to the next Addressee record) --- Everything works fine, but I do...

Can only print ~3 pages from Excel to Adobe pdf
I've got a 30+ page Excel workbook, with 23 sheets that I want to print to a pdf. I select all those 23 sheets, then do File / Print / <select Adobe PDF> / OK. It almost immediately comes up with the "Save PDF File As" dialog. If I click save, it only saves three pages. If I keep clicking save (or cancel) it staggers through it, wiping out the previous pdf and re-creating it with only two or three pages at a time. This happens whether or not I've clicked Printer / Properties and de-selected "View Adobe PDF results" and/or "Prompt for Adobe PDF ...

How do you keep an e-mail form from going off the page to the righ
I created a template in MS Word 2003 containing fill in fields and saved it as a document. Now I want to copy the form and paste it into a new e-mail message (Outlook 2003) so all the recipient has to do is click reply and fill in the form to send it back to me. The problem is, if the recipient uses too many words the answer appears to drop down and keep going multiple times (that is what I want) but eventually when they stop typing, the answer jumps back to one line and extends off the page to the right. I cannot seem to figure out how to stop that. Any suggestions? Thanks....

Next Cheque Number
Hi, Was wondering if anyone knows a way that the 'Next Cheque Number' in the Chequebook Maintenance can accidently be reset? I have a customer who says that the next number has changed and they are wondering how this could have happened as it would appear that no-one has changed it through the maintenance routine? Thanks -- Jean I tried different tests and couldn't replicate. I haven't had any reports from Customers over the years. -- Mick "JB" wrote: > Hi, > > Was wondering if anyone knows a way that the 'Next Cheque Number' in the >...

Pulling out right ID number
In a criteria form I have 10 comboboxes of which, if filled, its values are used as criteria in corresponding queries (on different linked tables) which all result in an independent set of the same type of ID numbers. Now I only want to pull out those ID numbers of the records that meet all criteria. With every solution I think of I end up with a lot of match queries and I assume there is an easier way. What would be the best way to do this? Thanks, Lars Hi Lars, have a look at this search form http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html It has a very easy and efficien...

Help! Struggling with Page Breaks...
I'm trying to control page breaks with a macro. I can insert breaks OK, but how do I get rid of the ones that had been inserted automatically? I tried playing with <hpagebreak.type> but don't really know how to use it. I'd like to loop through and check each row to see if it is an automatic break, and delete it if so. Many thanks../RN I don't think you can delete automatic pagebreaks. The answer is to put manual pagebreaks in such a way that the page will fit on to the paper, when there is no need for automatic breaks so they are not produced -- Message posted...

How to repeat the coloum in a page
Hi, I am using Access 2003, I have report for Labels (Label dimension 3x2inches). The Labels appears only one side (Coolum) of the page and balance area in the page is blank. How can I use the balance area in the page so that the Labels appear in First Coloum then next coloum, then next coloum in a page and once full page is filled then it should go to next page. Thanks in advance. Biju Kuwait Biju George wrote: > Hi, > > I am using Access 2003, I have report for Labels (Label dimension > 3x2inches). The Labels appears only one side (Coolum) of the page and > balance area ...

Overwriting the AVI file header
Hi I need to overwrite the AVI File header since it is corrupted file so how can i do this with MFC Thanks in Advance You could open the file using CFile and write to it like you would any other file. So far as I know there is nothing specific in MFC to handle AVI file creation. I found this article that might help you: http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/Copy_a_period_of_AVI_chun.asp Tom <meettopravin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150366506.134444.80180@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi > I need to overwrite the AVI File header since it is corrupted file > s...

Number fields will not accept values in CRM 3.0 09-25-06
I just installed CRM 3.0 and I'm having an issue where I enter a number in a number field such as price (contractdetail) and as soon as I click off it goes blank. Fields which are text seem to work fine. Anyone have any ideas or seen this before? Here are some additional infos: System/Environment Using Windows 2003 with SQL 2005 Does this happen with every number field? Yes, it happens with every number field in contractdetail Does it matter what user you are logged in as? No, it doesn't matter! Do you have custom number fields that this is happening to as well? Yes, it happens ...

IE8 Page numbering
I am using IE8 with XP Home Sp3. When printing out pages off the web, at the bottom of the page, I notice a &u& . How do you tell IE8 to print the page # instead of &u&. Thanks IE File | Page Setup | ... Charles Eaves wrote: > I am using IE8 with XP Home Sp3. > When printing out pages off the web, at the bottom of the page, I notice a > &u& . > How do you tell IE8 to print the page # instead of &u&. ...

First labels page...
Does anybody still have a problem after installing SP2, with "Only the first page of labels prints in landscape, any additional pages will print in portrait." Hotfix 159 which is included in SP2 was supposed to fix this, but it doesn't work for me. Any suggestions? ...

Next sequential number on a different form
Is there a way to do this: I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by th Proposal number. Is there a way to display on another excel spreadsheet, the mos current Proposal number? I know Access you use something like Dmax(ProposalID)+1 What should I do in Excel:confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated! Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com "daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1b8pra@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote > I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by the > Propos...

Next Version
Is there any idea when the next version of CRM will come out. It would appear there are a lot of deficiencies in this current version. Kim Should be released by middle of next year. Guy. "Microsoft" <cannon@qldstate.com.au> wrote in message news:uhO6YZa5EHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there any idea when the next version of CRM will come out. It would > appear there are a lot of deficiencies in this current version. > > Kim > I heard that MSCRM 2005 will be launch around May or June 2005 in Asia Pasific. In this version there will be a marketing...

publishing images in workbook as web page
I have created an workbook with Excel and put a photo on the first page. when I publish the workbook as an web page (interactivity) my photo is missing. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I have try everything I know to do = insert picture, putting copying photo to clipboard and shift, pasta picture and still logo is missing. Lee ...

after exchange 2003 upgrade, can't recieve emails
Hi all! Please help... I just upgraded our company email from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 and I am not recieving emails to any of our email accounts! It is running on Windows 2000 Server. Also right after the installation I installed SP2 for exchange. No recieved emails since upgrade and I have emailed two accounts and it can send emails but not recieve emails. I'm desperate here trying figure out how to fix this... Thanks in advance. Hi, This might help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821910/en-us Is the SMTP service running? Can you telnet the server on port 25? Leif ...

page sorter #3
i just started to use Office Enterprise 2007 on a different computer having used office 2003 on this one for several years. Publisher is what i use most, in Publisher 2007 the 'page sorter' is missing. Is this a bug that needs fixing or something else? As fas as i'm aware the page sorter is not something the user can change the settings of. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,...

number & percent column chart
To create from an excel chart picture: There are 2 series in a column chart. One numbered & the other next to it is in percent. Both series are exactly the the same height. How can I 'create' the 2 series of the chart in excel from the picture, so that the percent bar height matches the number bar. Thanks in advance ...

Jubk mail Filtering
I'm having a problem with a few of my mailboxes. It appears that many messages are going to Junk Mail. It's not the Outlook client causing the problem because I see these messgaes in Junk Mail even when I log into the web interface. I have no blocking or filtering on the server. But the stange thing is that it does not happen to all users. Can I stop this or get rid of the Junk Mail folder compleatly? Thanks ...

Email Activity Page takes time to close
Hi, In my application, if the email content in an email activity page is large, the page takes 15-20 seconds to close. I think I should dispose objects while closing the page. But I don't know where to do it? Help please ...

exchange webbased page problem!
hello: i am using exchange 2003 on windows server 2003, the problem i am having is that some of the users webpage exchange excess doesnt work, although they can work perfectly on their office outlook . anybody got any idea ANWAR ADIL CCNA,MCP ...

Rules not behaving in Outlook 2003
Hi there, I recently upgraded from Outlook 2K (Office Premium) to Outlook 2003 (Office Professional). In doing so all of the server rules that I had set up have ceased giving me notifications of any new emails (I would expect at least the envelope icon in the system tray) when they are applied. Incidentally the Junk mail filtering is not working either? Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Any help would be much appreciated - I am on the verge of returning to my Office 2000 installation!!!! Cheers, Dan. Dan, The little envalope in the system tray is a setting that y...

How to make a workflow wait until the next 600AM, or the next Mond
Has anyone figured out houw to make a work flow wait untill a specific time of day, regardless of the date? ie: I want to send an email out at 6AM, but I don't care what date, just the next time it's 6AM. As a follow up, how about waiting till Monday if its during a weekend. -- Thanks, Steve Noe, MCBMSP(2xCRM), MCT(CRM), MCTS-SQL www.bizitpro.com On Feb 14, 10:48=A0am, Steve Noe <Steve...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone figured out houw to make a work flow wait untill a specific ti= me > of day, regardless of the date? ie: I want to send an email out a...

Outlook 2003 News #2
Following steps to add NEWS to my GO menu, no NEWS exists to add. I found the NEWS originally, added it, used it once. NEWS disappeared from GO menu and from Customise options. Cannot find to add again. BUG? Or operator error? Need help. THX I'm having the same problem on both my home and work machines. Sometimes NEWS reappears under the GO menu under another part of the program. i.e. it vanished from the GO menu in the Email section, but reappears in the GO menu under CONTACTS or TASKS, however it doesn't work. It simply brings up the 1033 folder. I'm lookin...

Page sorter
When I am in the process of creating a new document in Publisher 2007 there is an option (checkbox) called "Use right-to-left layout". If I select this option then the page sorter shows page one on the right side of the page sorter and subsequent pages appear to the left. How can I revert back after you have created the document? I don't see this check-off. Do you have complex script enabled? What language pack are you using? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions....

After Installing Exchange 2003 SP1
Was there a security change in how Exchange 2003 SP1 receives a message? Before, I used an SMTP client that sent test messages to my companies email server (I am the Exchange server Admin), and I would use something like user@testdomain.com - from home or work. Now, when I use a none real valid domain as far as origination (FROM field), I never receive the message. I am thinking that there is some DNS to address lookup/verification taking place and failing thus not being received by Exchange 2003 SP1. Can someone tell me if this is true or clarify it and tell me where that setting is? Tha...