My spell check keeps switching off in word 2007

Every time i try and write a document the spell checking keeps switching off.
Depsite me switching it back on, it changes back as soon as I start typing. I
have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

Can anyone help cos this is driving me potty??

Is the correct language applied to text? See also
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"geordielass86" <geordielass86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time i try and write a document the spell checking keeps switching
> off.
> Depsite me switching it back on, it changes back as soon as I start
> typing. I
> have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.
>
> Can anyone help cos this is driving me potty??

0
Stefan

Help! Keep getting problem in email coding...
I don't know why when I reply a friend's email, she always complain that I sent her scrambled texts... I have checked: If the email is initiated from my Outlook 2003, she has no problem of reading it. The code-set is correct. If the email is originated from her and I reply her, due to her email setting, my Outlook 2003 always use "Unicode UTF-8", which she cannot read. This is annoying. I tried to find a place to change/make Outlook 2003 more smartly... but I could not find the option. There is only one option, but it insists on letting Outlook 2003 "automatical...

How do I delete words I have added to CUSTOM.DIC?
Two questions:- (1) I have no problem adding words to the custom dictionary. But I don't know how to find them and delete them afterwards. I tried tools>options etc. No luck. (2) What is an alternative method of adding words to custom.dic other than typing the word in a cell and click spelling to invoke the spelling dialogue box. Tool>options>spelling won't give me the dialogue box. Appreciate advice. As soon as I posted, I solved (1). I had to actually find custom.dic and modify notepad. All done outside Excel. Still like answer to (2). Epinn "Epinn"...

"Rule Could not be Created, check your folder permissions"
Outlook 2002, WinXP Pro.. tried adding work's exchange server but couldn't access it through the internet. Removed the Exchange account from Tools->Email Accounts, and now cannot create message rules with the "Organize" button on the toolbar. Any way to restore the permissions? Try running Detect and Repair. Also, ask your Exchange admin for the protocol to access your Exchange server mail. He will probably have to set you up with a VPN connector and give you some instructions. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discuss...

Formula in word 2003
create a formula in a word form. I have a situation where I ned to provide an auto response based on the number d in a bokmarked cell "Risk1" I have tried the following but it brings up an error {if { risk1 } <="4""YES"}{if {risk1}>"4"<"10""Stop"}{if{risk1}>"9"<"17""Report"} The basic requirement is to provide a different response based on a number value in form field bookmark "Risk1" which can range between 1-4, 5-9, 10-16 and 17-25 each of the above ranges need a...

How do you keep a publication whole doing a mail merge so that ea.
I have a multiple page document, that I print on a printer that does the folding and stapleing ... when I attempt a mail merge it takes and makes it all one document instead of individual documents for the printer... Any thoughts? John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a multiple page document, that I print on a printer that does > the folding and stapleing ... when I attempt a mail merge it takes > and makes it all one document instead of individual documents for the > printer... I'd start by reading this article: http://sup...

Spell Check preferences?
Hi all, I have a user that is having problems with spell checking in Office 2004. When I set office up I did a full install with proofing tools, etc. The user is running OS 10.4.1. Here is the problem: spell checking never works unless he manually sets it up (he has to got through the tools->language & uncheck "do not check spelling or grammar..") routine for every single document he creates. My question is: Is there a way to set this to default for all documents? Thanks, burn01 jacobbehrnes@gmail.com I'm guessing you're talking about Word here. In Word, go to F...

spelling script
Hi Guys, I'm trying to write a small spelling script that will do the following: Read a word from a text file: show it to the user then needs to type it without any spelling mistake if OK, he gets the next word in the text file if not than he needs to type the word again until he gets it right. Can any one help me with this ? Cheers, Simon "Type each word as it appears then hit enter. Type quit to exit." foreach ($word in (get-content words.txt)) { $correct = $false do { $answer = Read-Host $word if ($answer -ceq $word) {$correct = $true} if ($answer -eq &...

EXCEL 2003/2007
I want to enter data in a cell in sheet1, data entered will accumulated in sheet2 every time I save. Thus, a summary table is created in sheet2. Is this possible in MS Excel? How will I do it? I would appreciate it the answer to this query is also emailed to me at giovannierualo@yahoo.com. Yes, that is possible. But you have to provide more detail about what you want. You say that you will be entering data into ONE cell in sheet1. Will that always be the same cell? If so, what cell? Then you say you want this data to be "accumulated" in sheet2. Exactly how d...

INserting Word Docs into E mail Outlook 2007
Want to be able to ijsert a formatted Word into the body of an E mail. ...

Spell check anomaly
When I REPLY to a message, WLM always checks the spelling on the original message even though I have selected the option to ignore the original text in a reply. What gives? Is that a bug in WLM? Tom If you save a message to Drafts or an EML file or open while in the Outbox, that will happen since it lost track of what was original and what was new. Or is this happening when you just start a new reply? If so are you interspersing your reply with the original message? Or using stationery? -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Tom Brown" <Bu...

spell check #9
The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it up , if that is what needs to be done. Teri wrote: > The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing > happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it > up , if that is what needs to be done. And what version of Outlook are you running? ...

How do you open PDF files with Word 2007?
I must figure out how to open PDF files in Word 2007. I am taking on line classes and work is shared in PDF format. I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop that came loaded with Windows 7. I have had it a week and need help. I tried to download the Microsoft PDF add on, but it did not work. I can only read code when I open incoming PDF files. The default program is listed as Word. What am I doing wrong? You don't. You need a PDF reader, the most common being Adobe Acrobat Reader which you can download for free. It is huge and has some clever tools, but if you only want to read th...

Outlook/Word Email Editor Reply error
When using Word as your email editor I receive a message stating "Title: Microsoft Office Outlook (Message: Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead) I was running a beta version of Office prior to this and that's the only thing i can recall. I have since then done a total uninstall of any office component and a full reinstall to see that the problem still exists. I've tried reregistering word with a winword /r. I've tried r...

wanting to add boxes that can be checked
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am wanting to add boxes that can be checked or unchecked. <br> Any suggestions? Thank you It's a Field named "Checkbox". Try Insert>HTML Object>Checkbox... Or: View>Toolbars>Forms and use the Forms checkbox. The HTML one looks nicer :-) Cheers On 29/05/10 1:54 AM, in article 59bb91c1.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "The_Bean@officeformac.com" <The_Bean@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) P...

keep losing fonts
After i have a doc in publisher that i have saved and go to update or change the fonts that i have used in the orignal are missing how can i stop this from happening ...

Convert 1 Character Code to a word
I would like to do as the subject states. For example, If something was ACA where A represented Alpha and represented Cyber, the sequence would read Alpha-Cyber-Alpha. Is thi possible? Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This will do for a short list =LOOKUP(MID(A4,1,1),{"A","B","C"},{"Alpha","Beta","Cyber"}&"-"&LOOKUP(MID(A4 ,2,1),{"A","B","C"},{"Alpha","Beta","Cyber"}&"-"&LOOKUP(MID(A4,3,1),{"A&quo...

Switch x and y axes
I have a line chart that has the x and y data on the opposite axes to what I need. I can't figure out how to get my data to chart correctly. The data is basically as follows and I need height on the y axis and Distance on the x axis, with each distance group in a common series or line: Height Distance1 Distance2 Distance3 etc 1 x11 x21 x31 3 x13 x23 x33 5 x15 x25 x35 8 x18 x28 x38 etc The closest I can get is height on the x axis and ...

spell checker is not finding spelling errors, any suggestions?
Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in order to test the spell checker, and it is not finding these mis-spelled words. I am thinking that spell checker is not being pointed to the right dictionary, or any dictionary, but I can't seem to troubleshoot this on my own. Any suggestions? Spellbound wrote: > Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has > completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in > order to test the spell checker, and it is not...

predictive spelling
Does anyone know of a predictive spelling add- in for Excel 2000 or later? Other than the built in one, that is. I'd like something which refers to a separate worksheet that I can specify. TIA Greg Little ...

outlook won't open word docs
All of a sudden I can't open attached word docs. A file I was reading, now I can't open. Says "cannot create file *.doc. Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check yoru permissions for the folder. I did that and I have all permissions. I'm just trying to open the doc, not saving it. I have never had this issue and I open attached word docs all the time. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/securetemp.htm "DWheel" <DWheel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B7F...

email addresses don't pdf correctly in Publisher 2007
When I highlight someone's name and hyperlink it to an email address, Publisher automatically adds mailto: at the beginning of the address and the link works fine. But when I pdf it, whether I use the Publisher print as PDF, or use the print menu and choose Adobe pdf, or go from Adobe and create a pdf, the link on the email address ends up as mailto:mailto:emailaddress, i.e., 2 mailto:'s show up. So then when you click on it, it opens up my email program and puts one of "mailto:" in front of the address instead of just putting the address there and the email won't ...

Oulook Delay when switching between messages
I am running Office XP on a XP Pro workstation. When I look at messages or switch between folders in outlook I net a consistant delay between each message. I will click on the next message but in the preview window the old message displays. After about 2 seconds the next message appears. I don't think it is a hardware issue because I am runing a 2ghz machine with 1gb of memory. Can someone help this is gettng annoying. Thanks, Bri Conrad Pfleging just solved the same problem I was having.... here's what he told me to do and it worked!!! "WHAT VERSION? If 2002, go to...

Spelling in Outlook
I run XP Pro SP1, IE 6.0 and its Outlook Express. I also run MS Office 97 Patch 2b with English and Brazilian dictionaries. Winword works fine with both dics. After write a message in OE and when trying to get it spelled, get foll box : "An error occured while the spelling was been checked". Does this happen with someone before ? Can anyone help me in find the solution for this problem ? Appreciate assistance ...

Word figure
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a copy of a Word document sent to me in an email attachment. Looking at it from there (clicking the Word icon in Mail and opening Word that way), the figures look fine on the document. I saved a copy of the document to my iDisk and when I just opened it, some of the figures are not showing, and instead there is a big red X in the figure box. I have never encountered a situation where a Word document sent from a Mac to a Mac had problems with a figure like this. <br><br>Any advice? <b...

Please Help! Spanish has hijacked my Word 2007 spell checker!
I have saved (repeatedly in existing and new blank documents) all my settings to English, US. However, my spell checker is marking everything in red. When I look at it, the spell check suggests spanish spelling of the words. The spell checker says Spanish, US. I go back, all setting say English. Default language is set to English. I don't know what else to try. Make sure to turn off the "Detect language automatically" option in Review tab | Set Language. Note that once the language has changed in a document, you may have to select the whole document and manu...