Links within documents - how do I return quickly from bookmarks?

In Word 2007, when I click on a link to go to a bookmark within the same
document, I can't return quickly to the point that I came from. I've been
told to click on shift+F5, but this doesn't work. Any suggestions?

The simplest method is probably to add the 'Back' command from the All
commands group to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar)

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

fishsol wrote:
> In Word 2007, when I click on a link to go to a bookmark within the
> same document, I can't return quickly to the point that I came from.
> I've been told to click on shift+F5, but this doesn't work. Any
> suggestions?

0
Graham
11/16/2009 7:36:16 AM
Hi,

Shift+F5 should do this. Alt+Ctrl+Z should also do it. They do on my system.
If you want to attempt to fix this issue, perform the following steps:
1. Click the Office button.
2. Click Word Options.
3. Select Customize.
4. Next to Keyboard shortcuts, click Customize.
5. In the Catergory list, select All Commands (near the end of the list).
6. In the Commands list, select GoBack.

At this point, Shift+F5 and Alt+Ctrl+Z should appear in the list of keys
assigned to GoBack. If Shift+F5 does not appear in this list, click inside
the Press new shortcut key box, press Shift+F5, and click Apply.

If Shift+F5 still does not work, press Alt+F8 and look for "GoBack" in your
list of macros. If you have a macro named GoBack, click Edit, and change the
name of that macro.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> The simplest method is probably to add the 'Back' command from the All
> commands group to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar)
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> fishsol wrote:
> > In Word 2007, when I click on a link to go to a bookmark within the
> > same document, I can't return quickly to the point that I came from.
> > I've been told to click on shift+F5, but this doesn't work. Any
> > suggestions?
>

> .

It doesn't return for me if the bookmark is visited from a hyperlink.
Shift+f5 and Alt+Ctrl+Z should already be assigned to the GoBack command.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Pesach Shelnitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Shift+F5 should do this. Alt+Ctrl+Z should also do it. They do on my
> system. If you want to attempt to fix this issue, perform the
> following steps:
> 1. Click the Office button.
> 2. Click Word Options.
> 3. Select Customize.
> 4. Next to Keyboard shortcuts, click Customize.
> 5. In the Catergory list, select All Commands (near the end of the
> list).
> 6. In the Commands list, select GoBack.
>
> At this point, Shift+F5 and Alt+Ctrl+Z should appear in the list of
> keys assigned to GoBack. If Shift+F5 does not appear in this list,
> click inside the Press new shortcut key box, press Shift+F5, and
> click Apply.
>
> If Shift+F5 still does not work, press Alt+F8 and look for "GoBack"
> in your list of macros. If you have a macro named GoBack, click Edit,
> and change the name of that macro.
>

>> The simplest method is probably to add the 'Back' command from the
>> All commands group to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar)
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> fishsol wrote:
>>> In Word 2007, when I click on a link to go to a bookmark within the
>>> same document, I can't return quickly to the point that I came from.
>>> I've been told to click on shift+F5, but this doesn't work. Any
>>> suggestions?
>>

>> .

0
Graham

Change link between form and subform

Lookup Ranges and return value
I have some data that looks like this... 1001399 John Doe 1001200 Bugs Bunny etc..... I have a range of data to return the department they work in... 10011000 10012999 EAG 10015000 10015999 GMS 10013024 10013036 PILM 10013000 10013015 PILM 10013048 10013060 PILM 10013300 10013599 PILM 10013100 10013100 PILM 10013122 10013122 PILM 10013600 10013621 PILM 10014612 10014612 Other 10014700 10014725 Other 10014000 10014199 PILM Normally I would use a sumproducts to return the deparment but they have 1000's of entry I would have to test. So I am trying to do some kind of lookup...

linking #4

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Online resource (documentation with examples)?
If this is possible please let me know, there are a few things in m mind that i would like to implement, finding the resource seems to b the hardest challenge, i am trying to decipher the help.chm available making progress slowly, also using the msdn online resource, (no enough low level detail for my experience with programming), so if yo could recommend any resources online or downloadable, (for free), i would be of great use! \\Regards\thanks\Riz -- Rizits ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Rizitsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?a...

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Links

Printing hyperlinked Documents
Hello, Quite often, I am sent multiple word documents with multiple hyperlinks to other word documents and pdfs. I am assigned the task of printing out the word documents and the hyperlinked documents in order. I have researched this for hours: How do you print the original word document and all of its hyperlinked documents, in order, without opening up each individual hyperlinked document and printing it? Please keep in mind the fact that I'm not a software guru. I need step-by-step directions. Thank you so much for your help. In news:6B4FF1C0-A684-4E79-B58F-E4A4BAD40E9E@...

Sales Return Quantities Entry in SOP: Returns
We use SOP to process returns. When we initially create the return, we indicate "Return" in the Sales Return Quantities Entry (via Quantities Returned field). Then our warehouse checks out the returned merchandise to determine if it has been damaged, etc. However, when we go back into the Return document, the Sales Return Quantities Entry does not open again to allow a change from "Returned" to "Damaged." Any suggestions? Thanks, Have you looked at inventory item transfer entries, using the "Quantity Type" button? You should be able to transfer ...

Playing a video within Powerpoint 2003
I have an AVI file that is just under 2gb in size. It plays under windows media, but when you embed it within a slide in Powerpoint 2003 you can hear the audio but you cannot see the video. All you see is a black square. I have looked to see if the size was an issue but I cannot find anything that says there is a size limit. How can I get this to play? Thank you for your help "Mikflan" <Mikflan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53018453-C529-405B-801F-39862E06546A@microsoft.com... > I have an AVI file that is just under 2gb in size. It ...

email links in Publisher pdf

Chart template and links

when creating an xml document from a dataset
and returning the xml to the requesting web page, how do you insert the XML declaration? ds.EnforceConstraints = False Response.ContentType = "text/xml" ds.WriteXml(Response.OutputStream, XmlWriteMode.IgnoreSchema) I would like to add <?xml version="1.0" ?> to the top of the response stream. Thanks for your help. -tv Hi Tom, As for the your question that how to add a "<?xml version="1.0" ?>" declaraion before the dataset's output xml, I think you can try the following means: 1. Directly using the REsponse.Write to write the...

How to exact individual pages from a microsoft publisher document
How do I exact individual pages from a microsoft publisher document and not loose any information that is on the page itself? Extract pages and do what with them? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Belinda" <Belinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70447F4E-26F5-4008-9E44-68D59DDAC636@microsoft.com... > How do I exact individual pages from a microsoft publisher document and > not > loose any information that is on the page itself? Gather the entire page with the mouse,...

Return Range Based on Cell Value
This topic has been covered in varying degrees, but the problem is that I do not want to sum or count the range. I want the range itself returned as the value. For instance in A1 is 7. i.e. July In B1-B12 are dates 201101, 201102, etc. I need a formula that will count out the cells and return the range based on that value in A1. In this case it would return B1:B7. This of course would be nested in another formula. On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 17:18:20 -0700 (PDT), Pablo < > wrote: >This topic has been covered in varying degrees, but the problem is >that I do not want to sum or count the...

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

See if cell value appears within a value range given by another cell.
In one column (b), have the figure of 470 In another column (a), a cell contains values containing a number, a dash and another number: "425 - 490" I need to check to determine if the number 470 is found within a range defined by a cells contents. In this case, yes, it's equal to or between them. (The dash may or may not have spaces around it. ..could be 425-490, or 425 - 490.) The column (b) item can be the 425, or the 490 and any number in between. Need to do a vlookup to find if the 470 is present in any of the assorted ranges contained in column (a). Thank...

Return a charactar from a cell value
Simple question! How do I return a scharactar from a cell value in VB? Like... ANSWER = Left(Activecell.Value, 10) Msgbox ANSWER ....but for example I just want to return one charactar, the ninth, from the cell value. regards Marcus Marcus, MsgBox Left(ActiveCell, 10) or: Dim MyString as String MyString = ActiveCell.Value MsgBox MyString -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Marcus Ostman" <marcus.ostman@smg.net> wrote in message news:c9ee00b1.0408110649.604966f2@posting.google.com... > Simple questi...

Finding a string within a string #2
New problem - suppose the string is aaa (bbb@ccc.com) ddd or aaaaaaaaaaaaa (bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb@ccccccccccccc.com) dddddddddd and you want only the string after the open parenthesis and before the @ ??? So the results for these 2 strings would be either bbb or bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb "Sandra" <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote in message news:OZU1oZaoEHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > The comma thing worked. Thank you VERY much! > > "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message > news:%23AQ2RPaoEHA.2684@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > Hi > > if y...

linking subforms
my application have customers and invoices. each customer can have 1 or more invoices. on my form i have a subform for customers and one subform for invoices. both subforms are in datasheet view. if i click on customer A in the customer subform i want the invoice subform to show only invoices for customer A and at the same time allow me to add invoices for customer A. what are the steps to accomplish this? also i want to be able to print a report such that customer A is listed together with all customer A's invoices followed by customer B and so on. how can this be accomplished? thanks ...