link text in word so second instance changes automatically

How can I link two places in Word so if one word changes it will change in
the second place also?

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"DJ" wrote:

> How can I link two places in Word so if one word changes it will change in
> the second place also?

VBA Text Color
I would like to change the text color to Red for a string being returned to a window through vba when certain conditions are met. I can see the vbRed control but cannot get it to work, Object Required. Has anyone been able to change the text color through vba, and how is it set? Mick Hi Mick I don't believe VBA can directly change the colours on a Dexterity field or window. You can use the unsupported but very useful method of pass through Dexterity SanScript to change the colour of the text or the background. I think you already have the company background colour VBA example. I...

Can't have a null value if another field has text.
I have tried a few different things to try and get this to work, but I can't seem to figure it out. Basically, I have a form with some text boxes linked to fields on a table, and I want one of two things to happen (the first one would be preferred, but if that's not possible, the second would be just as good): 1) If Field 1 is updated to a Null value and Field 2 has text in it, move the text from Field 2 to Field 1 and change Field 2 to a Null value. 2) If Field 1 is updated to a Null value and Field 2 has text in it, a message box pops up that essentially says "You can't do ...

CDialog::DoModal() doesn't work the second time
Hi, I have created a MFC dialog based application (using the wizard). it works fine. then I decided to display the same window twice: // the code generated by the wizard CDialogDlg dlg; m_pMainWnd = &dlg; INT_PTR nResponse = dlg.DoModal(); // the code I added nResponse = dlg.DoModal(); // the generated code follows The second time when I invoke DoModal, the window appears for a very short (sub second) time then vanishes. the return code is -1 which means that the window couldnt be created. I tried with a new dialog class: // the code generated by the wizard CDialogDlg dlg; m_pMainWn...

Bulk contact email changes
Say I have 100 contacts from the same company. The company changes names and their email address changes too. Is there a way to do a find/replace in contacts or similar so that I can change the @companyname.com in all the contacts automatically? Thanks in advance, Dean Dean Dummitt wrote: > Say I have 100 contacts from the same company. The company changes > names and their email address changes too. Is there a way to do a > find/replace in contacts or similar so that I can change the > @companyname.com in all the contacts automatically? > > Thanks in advance, >...

Change link between form and subform

change default date format
Is there a way to change the default date format in Excel from the "short date" to a "long date" format permanently. Rightclick on the cell you want to change Format Cells - under the Number tab - Catagory - Date Then just choose the date style you want -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

email text missing when sent
I compose an email within Outlook and send it. The sent email only contains the first character of the text. The recipient of the email does receive it, but with only the one character in the text. When I look at the copy of the email in my Sent folder, the text only has one character. I repeated the process several times with the same result. The above was done with my Options set to Rich Text. When I change my Options to use HTML, everything is sent fine. This problem just occurred yesterday. I've been sending emails without problem for months. I didn't change any set...

linking #4

Adding second y-axis to OLAP pivot chart
I would like to have a chart with the following: X-axis: Week of Y-axis: Lines of Code(LOC) Second Y-axis: # of Defects When I try to add the second axis, the option is disabled. How do I create the chart using a pivot table to have two different series, in order to create a second axis, I believe this is the main problem. When I select the column for a second axis it selects all data. What am I doing wrong here? Which type of chart should I use? Right now it's a stacked column chart, but the columns are side by side and I want them as one column with two colors, then two axis. Is this p...

Formulas coming up as text
Formulas continue to appear as text and will not calculate. how to get formulas to always calculate. If your formulas appear as text, then you need to first clear the cells before entering formulas. Select the cells, hit Edit-->Clear-->All. Save the file, format the column as General, and try again. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "cheryl" <dianeshar14donotspam@example.com> wrote in message news:D6AAAAFF-9E92-4947-837F-9FA96984BD4D@microsoft.com... > Formulas continue to appear as text and will not calculate. how to get > formulas to alway...

Linked Forms

Can I insert Auto Text of Last Updated in Excel 2003?
Can i do the above on a sheet or in a Header/Footer? Using a macro yes http://tinyurl.com/4d4of -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "jess_steven" <jess_steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC065FC2-1B52-40D0-BB3E-04DDE7872268@microsoft.com... > Can i do the above on a sheet or in a Header/Footer? ...

find a word in sheet
Dear all, I want to use VBA to look for a word (for example "AAA") in one sheet. but I want to find this word sheet by sheet and then copy the this word (if find) to another sheet (for example,copy this word to sheet1) I don't know how to loop the sheet(one by one) and how to look for this work and then copy this word to another sheet. Thank you Sub FindThings() Dim s As String, i As Long s = "AAA" i = 1 Dim w As Worksheet, results As Worksheet Set ws = Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2", "Sheet3")) Set results = She...

Text on cart based on data in a cell
I have a chart on a separate sheet witch is based on a filtered list on another sheet. I would like to label my chart to show witch filter as been applied, is this possible? (Ho, and if so, how would I do it?) Thanks for any help. Select the chart, press the equal key, then select the cell with a mouse. This adds a text box in the middle of the chart, which you can move around and format as needed. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ant wrote: > I have a chart on a separate s...

Links not linking

Find/replace with different text colour messes up
When doing a Find/Replace on a certain word that needs to have a different colour than default - say, red - Excel incorrectly colours the whole cell instead of just the word that was searched on. To see this in action, try this: 1.. Open up a blank Excel sheet 2.. Enter some text in a few cells - "This is a test", for instance. Now, let's try to use search/replace to colour only the word "test" in red. 3.. Open up Search/Replace 4.. On the "Search for"-line, enter: test 5.. On the "Replace with"-line, enter: test 6.. For the "R...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

changing colours of multiple items in Publisher 2000
Does anyone have any idea how I can change the colour of multiple items on a page? It is so time consuming to have to select and change the colour of each item individually - it would be so useful to be able to select all the items I need and change the colour en bloc. Do the newer Publisher packages have this facility (2003, 2007?) What items are you trying to chage? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Fluffbrain" <Fluffbrain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B67BD6A-B0E8-45A9...

Word as a Text Processor in Outlook w/ Exchange
Hi! Sice I set up a new Microsoft Exchange Server account in my Outlook 2003 SP2, I can't use any more Word as a text processor to write my e-mails. I only have the HTML option. So I don't have the nice Word feature (real time spell checking, etc.). Too bad... Any idea? Is there something I missed to set up on the Exchange Server? Help appreciated. Nicolas Check from within Outlook. Tools/Options/Mail Format and make sure you have the option to use "Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit my email messages" checked. "Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> ...

Excel 97 tabs
Is there a way to change the fonts and/or background colors on the Excel 97 file tabs? No This was established in Excel XP "SS" <ssriding1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00e601c36c01$31cea820$a601280a@phx.gbl... : Is there a way to change the fonts and/or background : colors on the Excel 97 file tabs? : ...

links

Text Wrap #2
Is there anywhere in Publisher that i can customise my preferences? I would like to change the default settings for inserting an image to no text wrap. This is a time consuming process everytime i insert an image (right click, format object, layout tab, wrapping style "none", ok), would be so much for efficient for me if i could change the default settings so that the image came in like this when inserted (currently the default wrapping style is "square"). Any ideas? ...

Link To A Cell From Chart

find text in a formula
ok, I have a sheet that has two basic types of formulas: =U10-P10 =U3-SUM(P3:P5) The simpler one always stays the same relative to the row. The one with the sum function however can be 2 or more rows. I want to be able to highlight the ones that have the Sum function in it. I have tried all kinds of things with conditional formatting, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? -- Joker "...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me." Gen. 21:6 If you highlight the complete worksheet by CTRL-A, you can then use Find & Replace (CTRL-H) to replace ...

Linked Tables Over A LAN