Line count

I am working with a program called Dictaphone.  We use Word 2007 in this
program. The line count on Dictaphone and the line count in Word 2007 are
different even though the Dictaphone text is retrieved from Word 2007.  Why
would they be different?

What is the difference between virutal line count and physical line count?

Line Spacing and Line Justification
I am a Publisher novice. On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide. Below the slide I drew a line and copied that same line multiple times. How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance? How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting point on the left side of the page? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Regards, Mercury The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline. If you go the copy route, ...

Converting Excel table with multi-line cells into Access DB
Hello ~ I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original Word table contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with carriage-return(line return). .. I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field in Access or Excel I have the following structure in my Word table: Column1: PhotoID (alphanumeric,single line) Column2: Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp) Column3: Description(text, multiline) Column4: Code#(alphanumeric, single line) Column5: Notes(text, multiline) In short, how do you tranfer those multi-line cells(with carriage-return...

Skipping a line by condition
Thanks for reading this. I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report. It prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new [positiontitle] comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example: Worker George Fred Non Worker Bill Tom The way it comes up now is: Worker George Tom Non Worker Bill Tom The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report. Thanks for your help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/2...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Line colors in a bargraph
ColorNum and m_Array are set before entry which works fine except for all bars are outlined in black which is not a major problem, but would like to eliminate. How do I draw the line in the code below a different color than the bars? Below is a snip from my BarChart() routine: CBrush BlackBrush(RGB(10,10,10)); CBrush CyanBrush(RGB(1,39,229)); CBrush MagentaBrush(RGB(176,4,174)); CBrush YellowBrush(RGB(187,176,3)); CBrush GrayBrush(RGB(230,230,230)); if (m_Array.GetSize()) { // ***** THE PROBLEM IS HERE WHERE I WOULD LIKE THE DRAWN LINE TO BE LIGHT GRAY ***** MemDC.Sele...

Please help me .... (CListCtrl multi-line column)
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy This is the nearest i can find. Hope it helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ "Kathy" wrote: > Dear all, > > I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data di...

OWA - Hangs "Loading" Inbox
2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning. The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all, showing "Loading..." I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same issue, but have found no fixes that work. "Error on Page" Line: 56 Char: 1 Error: Object expected. Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received. Thanks I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the other one didn't. I don't have a KB ar...

Line chart with value on the line
Hi, I have implement a line chart by thousands of data rows for a stock. Now I want to show values on 10 particular points with the lable E.g, one extra column for displaying the label. TradeDate Ticker Close Label 04/01/1999 1234 63.67 05/01/1999 1234 63 06/01/1999 1234 63 Mr. A buy 07/01/1999 1234 67.33 08/01/1999 1234 68.33 11/01/1999 1234 68.67 Mr. B buy Does anyone teach me how to do this ?? thanks Ginola "Ginola" <ginola@fake.email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fdc1aa6.8209734@msnews.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have implement a line chart b...

counting mail messages
We are running Exchange 5.5 on an NT server. We use Outlook 2002. Is there a way that we can count incoming and outgoing messages? Performance Monitor has counters for this. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Marilyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D43B15F9-54DE-49F5-9412-CE1A93A739F8@microsoft.com... > We are running Exchange 5.5 on an NT server. We use Outlook 2002. Is there a way that we can count incoming and outgoing messages? John, I see what you are talking about in Performance Monitor...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring
Hi All, I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject line. i.e. lets take the sting as Foo Filer if Foo is in the starting don't filter if if the Foo is not in the starting. if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it. Thanks Anand outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can coun...

Distinct counts in piviot tables
I sure need some help here. I was trying to count distinct occurence of transportation in the following: Type Status Car Active Car Active Car Active Car Decoupled Truck Active Truck Active Truck Decoupled Truck Hold Truck Active Train Hold Train Decoupled Train Active Train Active Plane Hold Plane Active But only want to show the count for active as 4; although there are 9 counts of active there are only 4 different distinct types. rqwatson - Here's one way: First choose Data | Advan...

Line graph question
How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by the first day of the month. -- WH99 Hi, If your dates are entered in the spreadsheet as dates then you may have problems - Excel stores dates as numbers so today is 39594 and 0 would be January 0, 1900. This would tend to spread the x-axis out quite a ways. If your dates are not entered as dates then make the first entry 0,0 - that is put another entry in the data area whose date value is 0 and whose value is 0. There are potential problems with this approach - each entry will be spaced equidistant apart ...

reading line by line
Dear all, I have a big problem, but I don't known how excel can solve it. I have a sheet with like it: process process_line status values_USD 0255155 10 44 10 0255155 20 44 20 0255156 10 33 11 0255156 20 44 21 0256157 10 33 12 0256157 20 33 22 0256157 30 33 23 0256158 10 ...

Easiest way of counting characters?
Can someone recommend a simple way of counting characters? I'm doing searches on Ebay but they only allow about 100 characters. I can copy and paste into some text editor but neither Notepad or Wordpad seems to have this capability or I missed it. Does MS Word 2007 have this feature? I need to count characters, not words. On Dec 10, 9:41=A0pm, Whoosh <reply-to-gr...@no-email.thanks> wrote: > Can someone recommend a simple way of counting characters? =A0I'm doing = =A0 > searches on Ebay but they only allow about 100 characters. =A0I can copy = and =A0 ...

Extract & count data from Access program
Hello All, I am new to advanced applications in Excel. Here is my problem. I have an access database that I need to extract data from. The extraction process works fine. i extract the updated data int excel, then I need to count down 45 rows and generate a Page Total heading an show that page total. The hard part is that the extracted data is always expanding. How do extract - get the page totals - continue extracting 45 rows per pag -total each page and show a final total at the end of the existin data? Can anyone please help? Thank You -- ncro -------------------------------------------...

Adding a line to the line/column chart?
Is there anyway I can add a second line to the line/column chart? Basically I have 3 sets of data that I want to plot vs. time on the same graph. 1 using the column format, the other 2 being lines connected by data points. Create the chart using all the data, right click on the one you want to change to a line and select chart type from the dialogue box and choose the type you want. There are a few restrictions on the mix you can have though. -- John MOS Master Instructor Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Steven"...

Lookup and Count Continued
I had the below question and it was answered but when i try and use the same formula when looking at another column it does not count the values. I have another column K which contacts 2 values of which they are TRUE and FALSE. The actual wording is TRUE and FALSE but i would like the same as below. Lookup the name and then count all values of TRUE associated with the name. I am trying =SUMPRODUCT(--(N2:N200="Jaco Jacobs"),--(K2:K200="TRUE")) but this just gives me a value of 0 but i know there are definately more than 0 "Jaco Jacobs" <JacoJacobs@di...

Count Multiple Data in a column
Have a spreadsheet that lists all of our company vehicles as follows. A B C D E 1 UNIT# Make Model Desc. Location 2 101 GMC Van 1/2 T BT 3 119 Chevy Van 1/2 T BT 4 81 Ford Van 3/4 T GR 5 32 Chevy Van 1/2 T GV 6 101 GMC Van 1/2 T SB What I am looking to do seems like it should be simple....But I can't come up with an answer. I want a count of the number of vans that I have...

Can I link timeline labels to a line chart?
I've been trying to do this for a bit and can't seem to find a way. I am trying to do a line chart of weekly sales for two product lines over several years (2 separate lines). What I would like to do is overlay labels for press releases (so you can see if they have an impact on sales) on the same chart, and have a line from the name of the press release to the correct corresponding point on the line chart that is "active", so as more points are added to the chart, the line indicating the unit corresponding to the date of the press release will move also. Additionally, the...

counting dates #3
i have a column of dates (mm,dd,yyyy) how do i count how many are in each month.... i tried this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT($A$9:$A$272,"mm")="01")) =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT($A$9:$A$272,"mm")="02")) =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT($A$9:$A$272,"mm")="03")) ..............etc but it spit out zero for oct, nov, dec when it shouldn't have.... thanks jeremy -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200508/1 One way.........in cell B9 put =MONTH(A9), and copy down......... in E1:E12 put 1 through 12..........

Dynamically control how many lines on a graph?
I apologize if this is a FAQ, for some reason my newsreader isn't picking up any messages from this group (looks like no postings) so hopefully I'll be able to access responses, if not, I'll googlesearch for responses later today and tomorrow... ------------------------------------------------ I have many sets of data, all on the same sheet (in a repeated pattern- starting in row 1, then 11, then 21, etc) My single graph is based on named ranges, and the named range(s) are based on Steve Bullen's funchart1 (autoexpanding chart) to control how many x-axis values are shown- whic...

how do I count the number of times a word is repeated in a range?
Adapted from Dave Peterson's fine earlier post........... =SUMPRODUCT(LEN(A1:C101)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(UPPER(A1:C101),UPPER(D1),"")))/LEN(D 1) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "sol" <sol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC007FA4-1A54-4EA2-9748-D56A53A68DD2@microsoft.com... > Try here http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=235 or here http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/kblist.php Hope this helps -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

fonts line by line
I'm doing line by line translation. How can I easily use different fonts for alternating lines? Assuming you're pressing Enter at the end of each line, so each line is a separate paragraph: Define two paragraph styles, one for each font.* In the definition of each style, specify the other style as the "style for following paragraph". *In case you don't know, to define a style, click Format > Styles and Formatting (Word 2003 and earlier) or press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S (Word 2007) to open the Styles pane, then click the New Style button. -- Regards, Jay ...

Inventory - Stock count
Please can anyone offer any advice on a query that has been raised regarding Stock Count Posting Journal. (GP V9) My customer has used the stock count schedule for the first time. They have entered the variances and processed the stock items. This has produced 2 journals in the GL - one with a source document of 'IVADJ' that drills back to the stock count document and another with a source document of 'GJ' (i.e. it originated in the GL). The second journal has an unexplained entry of 14p to Cost of Retail Goods Sold. My customer says the 2 journals add back to value of t...